Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-18-2010, 03:50 PM   #121  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bdgeis1,

Try Stamp-by-Step. They sell the DVD cases by sets of 5 or 50! I have bought all mine from them & love them! Not a bad price either!

Tiffy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2010, 05:50 AM   #122  
Compulsive Stamper

Smile I''m doing it!!

I've started the stamp some fun vinyl technique and it is awesome. I have 185+ sets to do plus my individual stamps. Can't wait to have it all done. It is going to save me so much time and allow me to organize my stamps all in one place and hopefully use them all more.

I'm using the SU cases so that they are all uniform on the shelf and I am scanning in the stamped images so that I can put the images down the spine of the DVD case like the SU sets have. On the shelf you really can't tell which sets came clear mounted and which sets I have done myself.

Thanks for such a great thread. I love this site too!!

Cassie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2010, 11:09 AM   #123  
Compulsive Stamper

Do any of you have leftover wood blocks you don't want/need anymore?
I discovered a new fun craft of making them into picture frames with decoupage and accessories. I would prefer the larger/background size, but any would be appreciated.
Thanks In Advance!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2010, 12:44 PM   #124  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nope afraid not, but I'd be interested to see what your end product is with the frame blocks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2010, 02:27 PM   #125  
Compulsive Stamper

ok, i've posted it to my gallery, but I don't know how to add it to this thread. You can either check it out, or lemme know how to load it here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2010, 03:18 PM   #126  
Compulsive Stamper

Lets see if this works.... Altered Unmounted Wood Block by MandaTee - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 07:56 AM   #127  
Glitter Queen

Default wooden blocks

Quote:

Originally Posted by MandaTeeView Post
Just wanted to let you know that I have a number wooden blocks left over. However they haven't been cleaned yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 02:29 PM   #128  
Compulsive Stamper

toosweetboys - thanks, let me get back to you soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 09:19 AM   #129  
Rubber Obsessor

Talking

I figured if anyone would appreciate this, it would be the folks here at splitcoast! About 75% of my wood blocks... All neatly lined up in rows! It made me giggle, so I thought I'd share!

[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1765152?&cat=500&ppuser=265562[/IMG]

(If it doesn't show up in the post, here's a link: Unmounted wood blocks by mcfly_junior_88 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers)

I have CDO. It's like OCD, except all the letters are in order like they should be.

Last edited by mcfly_junior_88; 08-04-2010 at 09:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 09:43 AM   #130  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfly_junior_88View Post
I figured if anyone would appreciate this, it would be the folks here at splitcoast! About 75% of my wood blocks... All neatly lined up in rows! It made me giggle, so I thought I'd share!

[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1765152?&cat=500&ppuser=265562[/IMG]

(If it doesn't show up in the post, here's a link: Unmounted wood blocks by mcfly_junior_88 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers)
WOW, I never thought to start stacking them up. Might have to do that when I am finally done. I am about halfway there. It is more of a project than I originally thought, but I am so glad i started. I am able to get them out of drawers and off a shelf and so organized. It helps me get the rest of my supplies organized, so now I can use what I have because I know where everything is.

BTW, I love you siggy line. Another CDO here. :grin:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 09:46 AM   #131  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindy LittlerView Post
WOW, I never thought to start stacking them up. Might have to do that when I am finally done. I am about halfway there. It is more of a project than I originally thought, but I am so glad i started. I am able to get them out of drawers and off a shelf and so organized. It helps me get the rest of my supplies organized, so now I can use what I have because I know where everything is.

BTW, I love you siggy line. Another CDO here. :grin:
Haha, Cindy! We CDO'ers have to 'stick' together, you know! LOL

I have CDO. It's like OCD, except all the letters are in order like they should be.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 06:40 PM   #132  
Rubber Obsessor

My mom took one look at those stacks of unmounted blocks and suggested a cutting board! Goo be gone, wood glue, and clamps! Huh!!

[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/members/mcfly_junior_88-u265562-albums693-2834.jpg[/IMG]

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 08:43 PM   #133  
Cardstock Collector

I have unmounted a ton of my stamps and put EZM on my block but they don't stick to the pages for storing them so thanks to you ladies I'm going to do Tack it over and over! Thanks for the ideas here - amazing thoughts and can't wait to see more from you all
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2010, 01:22 AM   #134  
Compulsive Stamper

Default vinyl cling from papilio.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaraKView Post
I bought printable cling vinyl and printed up the stamp images on it (in reverse, since when you mount them they get flipped.) Then I just stuck the unmounted stamps onto it and presto! They look just the like SU ones without having to use messy glue.

hi....did you buy the Inkjet Clear Static Cling -10 Sheets packs for $13.36?

i was looking for this about 10 years ago....not available so I gave up. Now I want it to unmount and having the option of inkjet printable is great. Just want to get the right kind.

thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #135  
Cardstock Collector

Subscribing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2011, 03:21 PM   #136  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Personally I don't like the vinyl option. The stamps I have used vinyl on don't stick very well to my acrylic blocks. I've ruined more than one card because the stamp fell off and landed (of course) ink down on my paper. Now when I pull a set I have vinyl on, I use glue to make them stick. I don't even use the vinyl decals that come with the SU unmounted stamps (still trying to figure out what to do with them as they are piling up). I just use Tack n Peel.
“Don’t ever forget that you’re a citizen of this world, and there are things you can do to lift the human spirit, things that are easy, things that are free, things that you can do every day: civility, respect, kindness, character.” ~ Aaron Sorkin
My Gallery
Featured Stamper FS739 April 4, 21
My Blog
Administrator for The Outlawz Challenges

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2011, 12:56 PM   #137  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

If anyone is looking for CD cases, let me know, or check out my post in the Buy/Sell forum.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2011, 01:11 PM   #138  
Glitter Queen

Default unmounting stamp sets

I am almost to this point with my su stamps. I have started on the other companies first but with ez mount and it is so expensive! Just want to get it right about the vinyl & glue?? Someone suggested ohmycrafts but is it the high tack stuff? Also some are saying the 8 vinyl and some saying the higher # sticks better? Does anyone know does like walmart sell the vinyl because it is 45min to 1hr away for a mics,j or hl?? Thanks

Last edited by Laraineinmn; 03-08-2011 at 01:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2011, 11:05 AM   #139  
Insane Embellisher

I have thought about this idea in the past, and it is great to see others have taken the plunge with no regrets..I just worry about them warping or becoming cracked/damaged somehow, or the image being fudged somehow.....even stored in cd cases...(guess I am a reckeless scrapper! lol....)

Altho.. the idea of tons more space sure is tempting!

As I said, I have thought about this but especially with my SU sets, it is hard to take the plunge.....

Also, does the clear sticker image show up very well on the back of the rubber...? (sorry if this was mentioned, I scanned the thread briefly..)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2011, 12:31 PM   #140  
Rubber Obsessor

Has anyone thought of or tried stamping the image with Stazon onto the vinyl then sticking down with xyron? The only issue I see is that the stamped image would directly touch the block. Sorry if I missed this in a previous post.
Elizabeth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 09:45 PM   #141  
Compulsive Stamper

I am about to start unmounting sets as I use them. I've got the Papilio Inkjet Clear Static Cling Film and I purchased it from HobbyMamma as suggested on another email group.

I was wondering this myself and see you haven't gotten a reply since asking back in April. I wonder why you can't stamp the image directly to the vinyl using the StazOn, then cutting and mounting it directly to the foam??? Is there a reason for the tissue paper process?

I really like the suggestion someone mentioned earlier for the stamps that haven't been mounted to the wood block yet. Apply the clear sticker directly to the foam, then running strips of the cling through the xyron and sticking on top of that. However, I only have a few stamp sets that haven't been mounted and about 200 that are already wood mounted...UGH!

Maybe someone who knows will see this question unanswered and let us know if there is a reason we can't stamp the image directly on to the cling.

"A clean house is a sign of a lazy stamper."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #142  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by connie leoneView Post
Hello! I would also like to know more about this! I have 100+ sets of SU stamps that I think I would love to unmount. I know you can place them in the microwave to help remove the backing. Once removed what is the next step? Then how is everyone storing them? I read a post or 2 before about this and know that ez mount is expensive. I cant imagine how much it would cost to do this to all the sets I have, not to mention he time involved. Any informaion would be greatly appreciated. I have 3 white wire shelves with all my sets now, gosh what space I would have left! What would I fill it up with !!! LOL

TIA for all of your help! Have a great day!!
I watched a plethora of videos on youtube, the other night, trying to find a satisfactory way to store my stamps. I found this Convert Wood-Mounted Stamps to Clear-Mount - YouTube which might help you with both of your questions. How to remove them and what to do after they're removed.

I hope this is helpful
Moxy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2012, 07:36 AM   #143  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by groovychickView Post
I am about to start unmounting sets as I use them. I've got the Papilio Inkjet Clear Static Cling Film and I purchased it from HobbyMamma as suggested on another email group.

I was wondering this myself and see you haven't gotten a reply since asking back in April. I wonder why you can't stamp the image directly to the vinyl using the StazOn, then cutting and mounting it directly to the foam??? Is there a reason for the tissue paper process?

I really like the suggestion someone mentioned earlier for the stamps that haven't been mounted to the wood block yet. Apply the clear sticker directly to the foam, then running strips of the cling through the xyron and sticking on top of that. However, I only have a few stamp sets that haven't been mounted and about 200 that are already wood mounted...UGH!

Maybe someone who knows will see this question unanswered and let us know if there is a reason we can't stamp the image directly on to the cling.
I stamp directly on the cling foam and I love it! Here's an old blog post I did on my method:

Colorful Om: Quick demo of unmounting a stamp

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes