Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-26-2009, 09:27 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Storing UMs with Aleene's Tack It Over and Over

I just tried Aleene's Tack It Over and Over on my UMs. I like how well it works and the price.

My question now is, how do I store these? Perhaps I should have asked this question *before* I put it on all those stamps...:rolleyes:

Thanks!
CindyB
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2009, 04:02 AM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Om my first UM's (many, many years ago) I used Aleens TIOAO and found that the tackiness tended to get closer to permanent then temporary. I stored my UM on plastic divider sheet (the 3 ring kind) that you insert paper in. I just tacked them on the outside. I was not real happy with this system over time and went to cling foam.

"I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2009, 07:06 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

I've used it before on a few UMs, but I can't remember how I stored them. And they are still packed away. I haven't unpacked all my art supplies since our move.

I think I did use the acrylic three ring binder sheets before, now that you mention it. I didn't have any problem with it being permament, though. Maybe they are now! I guess I should find those stamps...

Thanks,
CindyB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2009, 10:58 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I used mono-multi instead of Aleenes but it works the same. I have my unmounted SU stamps stored on just the lid of the original boxes (yes I cut them off) then store the lids in boxes. The other few I have are stored in cd cases.
BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2009, 12:32 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

When I had some unmounted stamps several years ago, I used to store them in empty CD cases. You can but them at computer stores and pop the insert where the CD goes out.

Jana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2009, 01:27 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think a lot of people have used the ezmount boards or some sort of laminated chipboard system. I believe there is a lady that had plexiglass cut down to the size she wanted for her system.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 05:31 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Location: Virginia, where we have the beach and mountains all in one state!!

I used Aileens tack it over and over and have great success. I use the Gina K Designs stamp storage system and it works out excellent. I use the storage for all my stamps, clear and rubber.

My "Small" Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 09:32 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

2 years ago I was at a stamp convention and I saw that a vendor had her unmounteds sticking to sheets in a binder without ezmount, she said used either aleene's tioao or tombow repositionable on the stamps then she put a 8 1/2x11 peice of chipboard (cereal boxes) and white cardstock inside Avery sheet protectors and stuck the stamps to it. She had quite a lot of these sheets in a big binder. She stated that she stored all her stamps this way. I went home and did this to about a 100 of my stamps, works great, cheap and the glue has not become permanent on my stamps to date. I saw this same vender a few months ago and she still has the same system. The only thing is, if you have a huge amount of stamps it takes some dedicated time and space (drying time)to apply the glue to all those stamps which is why I haven't done all of mine yet ;). Once done though, it does save a lot of space.

HTHs
Debbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 11:24 AM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

I was storing my unmounted stamps on transparency sheets that I put in sheet protectors. I was able to get at least 2 of the smaller SU! sets on one transparency. I keep the "single" stamps stored by category, such as Christmas, snowmen, cars/motorcycles, etc.

Lately, though, I've been storing my unmounted SU! sets in CD cases. Eventually, I'll move all of my unmounted sets into CD cases.

I haven't had a problem with the TIOO becoming permanent on the transparency or CD case. A friend told me that you have to let the glue dry at least 24 hours before sticking it on the sheet, else it might become permanent.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 06:48 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

I use CD cases

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 07:49 AM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

I know it's not for everyone but after hating CD cases and binders, I designed and had my DH help me build this:
Stamp credenza by Betty at Splitcoaststampers

I have more info on it on my blog - check link on picture above and then here for plans: http://bettystamps.blogspot.com/2008...-credenza.html.

Perhaps you could ask Santa to build you one for Christmas. I LOVE MINE. It works with cling or no cling (I've started using TackNPeel on my mounts so I don't have to mess with any glue or EZ mount) and it is so nice to have all your stamps in one place, I can slide out a drawer and see all my tree or horse stamps in one place. Plus I tend to use stamps I forgot about and put them away when I'm done and I don't loose any because I forget and they stick to something.
I still have some stamps that have Aileens glue on but as they collect dog hair, I clean it off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 08:19 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

here's what I do.
life is something that happens only when you run out of cardstock
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 08:31 AM   #13  
Glitter Queen

Default storing um stamps

I store my um stamps in DVD tins. The cling stamp sets seem to fit in this size better. You can actually label the outside of these and they store easily.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VintagechickView Post
I've used it before on a few UMs, but I can't remember how I stored them. And they are still packed away. I haven't unpacked all my art supplies since our move.

I think I did use the acrylic three ring binder sheets before, now that you mention it. I didn't have any problem with it being permament, though. Maybe they are now! I guess I should find those stamps...

Thanks,
CindyB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 12:46 PM   #14  
Kookie Creator

I use the large SU stamp container, make a photocopy of the stamp set picture and lay it on top. Perfectomundo. This is for my Unity Kit of the Month... Other clear polymer I put in small kraft bags from the dollar store on my Clip It Up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 03:57 PM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

I've mentioned this before but since I don't see this suggestion anywhere, I'll share it again. I take A-2 envelopes, seal them and cut off a tiny bit of the fold. Then I put the catagory on the upper left hand corner, stamp my UMs on the envelope, clean off the ink and store them in the envelope. Some envelopes have 6 or 7 stamps. Then I file them in 6 x 18 x 7 clear plastic drawers. This works great and I've used this system for over 15 years. Right now I'm in the process of removing the cushion ~ it takes up too much room and the envelopes get too bulky. I use a sheet of the CTMH foam under the paper when I'm stamping. Works great and it's cheap! I have 100's of word stamps filed this way and it is so much easier than the notebook way or the CD way, both of which I've tried.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 06:11 AM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

I store mine in big 3 ring binder books on clear plastic pages. I slip a white page with the stamped images in and the stamps cling(tack) to the next page.

Did I explain that well? If you had my book open to a certain set, the stamped image would be on the left page and the stamps would be tacked to the right page (which is the back of the next stamp sets image page).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 06:39 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Gosh - it has been a while since I researched all of this.

Is there any reaction between stamps and Polypropylene? I'm trying to have one storage system for my rubber and clear.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 08:10 AM   #18  
Compulsive Stamper

My Fav is the Little Monkeys System at www.StoreMoreStamps.com. I have to have portable!!! and space efficient! Use THIN Cling Foam from Blockheads Stamps.

CD's became just too bulky (took 7 for my Jasper Alphabet!), TIOAO - glue peeled off and ruined storage board, and more, even tho I let it dry forever. It took more than THREE 3-ring notebooks, and if no zipper, lost stamps that fell off.

I bought one of their systems, and then made some 8.5x11 pages by cutting 1/2" off storage boards and sliding into a clear page sleeve. Switched to THIN foam, and absolutely LOVE it. Organized by theme, I can SO EASILY flip through one of my 2 baskets to see EVERYTHING I have! The two fit in a box I take to crops.

I'm wondering if I could make a board by gluing some older stiff clear page covers/sleeves to thin cardboard. Or Transparency pages? I would like to slide them in page sleeves to protect stamps from falling off. I don't know if there would be problems from acidity or chemicals in the sheet.

Thanks! Amy C in TN
p.s. sale at Sunday International - Cling Foam, Storage Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 12:00 AM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

I just love my system! I can't take complete credit for it, as I took a bunch of ideas and mashed them all up and took what I liked best and use that.

I store all of mine in 4x6 photo page protectors ( mine are 12x12) and put those in a zippered 12x12 binder. I stamp onto a piece of acetate that is cut to fit (usually 4x5.5) and then I put the TIOAO on the backside of the acetate sheet. I then can stick the stamps to the sheet, but the TIOAO is not actually on the stamps.

I prefer to use Tack N Peel on my clear blocks to get my rubber stamps to cling to the block. This was there is NOTHING actually on my stamps, just in case it harms them over the course of 30 years or so.

You can see my system if you go here:

http://inkcrediblecreations.blogspot...p-storage.html

Hope this helps someone.

Dany
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 12:01 AM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

I just love my system! I can't take complete credit for it, as I took a bunch of ideas and mashed them all up and took what I liked best and use that.

I store all of mine in 4x6 photo page protectors ( mine are 12x12) and put those in a zippered 12x12 binder. I stamp onto a piece of acetate that is cut to fit (usually 4x5.5) and then I put the TIOAO on the backside of the acetate sheet. I then can stick the stamps to the sheet, but the TIOAO is not actually on the stamps.

I prefer to use Tack N Peel on my clear blocks to get my rubber stamps to cling to the block. This was there is NOTHING actually on my stamps, just in case it harms them over the course of 30 years or so.

You can see my system if you go here:

http://inkcrediblecreations.blogspot...p-storage.html

Hope this helps someone.

Dany
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 05:05 AM   #21  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 668 Likes on 465 Posts

I have been using cd cases
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2009, 12:40 PM   #22  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I now use Tack n Peel - but when I was using Aileen's I put it on the stamp mounts instead of the rubber. I stored the rubber in CD cases that I had coated with Tack it Over and Over - make sense?

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Reply With Quote Likes