Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #81  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use the same hardware storage as jmgeisler but mine has 60 drawers, each drawers holds a reinker, and dauber, and the sponge wedge for that color. On the outside of the drawer I have a sample of each color so I only have to open the drawer with the color I need. No searching around.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2011, 05:55 AM   #82  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SU! clamshells

I personally keep my refills in the SU! clamshells -- the divided ones like alphabets come in. Used to be by color family but now more of a ROYGBIV type of order.

If you want to keep your sponges and daubers organized as well, look at what squeek came up with:

Storage by squeek - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2011, 07:24 PM   #83  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmcavanaughView Post
This is what I was looking for but could not find it. However, I might have lost my mind trying to cut all those circles.

This is what I came up with. Thanks for all the great ideas. (I actually saw something like this that someone was storing stickles this way but stuck right on the wall. I could not bear to stick velcro to the wall in case I either hated ir or wanted to move it.)

I covered a cork board (that was in my closet) with a piece of paper and trimmed it out with ribbon. Then I measured out 3 lengths of velcro and attached it to the board. I attached a velcro dot to each bottle. I had already labeled them anyway because I am old and can't see that tiny little writing (which is how this whole thing got started in the first place). I put them in alphabetical order so now I can find them easily and have plenty of room to add new colors. (Thanks SU!) This is another one of those projects I have to thank my husband for because he is such a perfectionist!
This is simply genius! I wish I had the wall space for that method. Love that you can see the colors so easily.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2011, 02:29 PM   #84  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmcavanaughView Post
This is what I was looking for but could not find it. However, I might have lost my mind trying to cut all those circles.

This is what I came up with. Thanks for all the great ideas. (I actually saw something like this that someone was storing stickles this way but stuck right on the wall. I could not bear to stick velcro to the wall in case I either hated ir or wanted to move it.)

I covered a cork board (that was in my closet) with a piece of paper and trimmed it out with ribbon. Then I measured out 3 lengths of velcro and attached it to the board. I attached a velcro dot to each bottle. I had already labeled them anyway because I am old and can't see that tiny little writing (which is how this whole thing got started in the first place). I put them in alphabetical order so now I can find them easily and have plenty of room to add new colors. (Thanks SU!) This is another one of those projects I have to thank my husband for because he is such a perfectionist!
LOVE the velcro approach!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2012, 06:08 AM   #85  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandblueView Post
Ha - I forgot my reinker comment.

Okay - while I love my storage, I still have to pull each bottle out to see what color it is. Anybody got a brilliant idea for marking on those teeny caps?

:confused:
I use the 1/4" circle punch and punch out a piece of cardstock and put a dab of glue in the little well on the cap. Place the punched circle on the matching bottle. You can see at a glance the color you're looking for, and it just looks so pretty.

Theresa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2012, 09:30 AM   #86  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Ladies,
I just wanted to share a quick tip with you.
I went to my local Office Max yesterday to pick up a few things. I went over to their section of Really Useful Boxes as I was looking for something for my dies as the case is full. I thought I would try their 4 liter box, plus it was on sale.
Anyways I was sitting at my desk this morning just looking at the mess as I had gotten two orders in from Stampin' Up. I looked at all my reinkers and the box was in the corner of my eye. Just for the fun of it I tried one of the reinkers in the box. It fit perfect, right to the top!
I got all my boxes of refills and put them in. I still have room for another year of incolors. I have all the retired (two seasons worth), current, and incolors in there. Now I just need to pull one box out to get the reinker I need instead of looking through boxes.
I just wanted to share this with you, I know most of you have other ways to store them but I have to stack things on shelves so this is really handy for me.
Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2012, 09:31 AM   #87  
Rubber Obsessor

Oh yeah I forgot the good part. The box has a clear lid so I can see my colors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #88  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by tspoland407View Post
Hi Ladies,
I just wanted to share a quick tip with you.
I went to my local Office Max yesterday to pick up a few things. I went over to their section of Really Useful Boxes as I was looking for something for my dies as the case is full. I thought I would try their 4 liter box, plus it was on sale.
Anyways I was sitting at my desk this morning just looking at the mess as I had gotten two orders in from Stampin' Up. I looked at all my reinkers and the box was in the corner of my eye. Just for the fun of it I tried one of the reinkers in the box. It fit perfect, right to the top!
I got all my boxes of refills and put them in. I still have room for another year of incolors. I have all the retired (two seasons worth), current, and incolors in there. Now I just need to pull one box out to get the reinker I need instead of looking through boxes.
I just wanted to share this with you, I know most of you have other ways to store them but I have to stack things on shelves so this is really handy for me.
Have a great day!
Awesome! Another great idea. They must not have had that size when I went specifically looking for reinker storage, since I looked at all the Really Useful boxes. If I hadn't already found The Container Store's Accessory Box, since my nearest Container Store is a 9 hour drive, this wouldn't been a great option.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #89  
Rubber Obsessor

I keep my SU re-inkers on top of the storage caddy. I think there's room for around 12re-inkers per quadrant (on top of the caddy).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #90  
Stazon Splitcoast

I keep my current colors (ink pads and refills) in the color caddy. I love that I have easy access to them.

However, I'm a hoarder!!! LOL!!! I have kept a lot of the retired colors (glad I did cuz they brought some of those colors back!!). Also, I have multiples of refills.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that I live close to an IKEA store. So much of my storage solutions have come from that store. Here's the container that I used for my refills:

KRUS Jar with lid - 9x6x4 " - IKEA
Attached Thumbnails
Re-inker storage-001.jpg   Re-inker storage-002.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes