Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-20-2010, 07:11 AM   #41  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found a CD storage case at Wal-Mart that is perfect for the Cuttlebug embossing dies.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2010, 09:49 PM   #42  
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 56 Likes on 27 Posts

I think it is wonderful that we all have our own way of organizing. It gives all of us ideas should we need them.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2010, 10:34 PM   #43  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm in Australia, Queensland to be precise, does anyone know where one can buy the magnetic sheets everyone is talking about?
Don't wanna spend big bucks though!
Ta
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2010, 10:45 PM   #44  
Matboard Maniac

Hi,I am in Coffs Harbour,Spotlight sell them in packs of 2 sheets about $5 also my craft shop in town sell them.Some people I know go to the $2 shops and buy the magnetic L plates for drivers.You could even try a printer cause they make those magnets for fridges.I would probaly just go to Spotlight.Goodluck.
Junnee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2010, 10:51 PM   #45  
Rubber Obsessor

Thankyou for that, will check it out tomorrow.
Cheers,
Elaine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2010, 07:16 AM   #46  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbgirl66View Post
Sshhhh...won't say a word and can't wait til next Friday! Sorry to be so observant!
Did you check out my blog? That die is a new release from Heartfelt Creations called Decorative Window Scene Die. It's so pretty!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2010, 08:55 AM   #47  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

I got a small accordion file at Office Max, it's called a reciept holder and it's large enough for embossing folders and my Nestabilities (except the mega and long ones) and I am really loving it.
On my blog I showed the magnets I used and how I put it together (very simple).

I only have my Nestabilities in it at the moment, I'd need another to put my embossing folders in.

Right now my embossing folders are all in one of those really small Sterilite drawer thingys. The drawers are almost the exact size of the folders and it fits perfectly in the cabinet next to my Cuttlebug.

Hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails
Organizing dies and embossing folders...arrrgg-nesties-007.jpg   Organizing dies and embossing folders...arrrgg-nesties-004.jpg   Organizing dies and embossing folders...arrrgg-nesties-002.jpg  
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2010, 09:38 AM   #48  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 497 Likes on 275 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpmayoView Post
I got a small accordion file at Office Max, it's called a reciept holder and it's large enough for embossing folders and my Nestabilities (except the mega and long ones) and I am really loving it.
On my blog I showed the magnets I used and how I put it together (very simple).

I only have my Nestabilities in it at the moment, I'd need another to put my embossing folders in.

Right now my embossing folders are all in one of those really small Sterilite drawer thingys. The drawers are almost the exact size of the folders and it fits perfectly in the cabinet next to my Cuttlebug.

Hope this helps
I *LIKE* this idea, thanks!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2010, 06:05 PM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just read all your comments. What I do with my Nestabilities is this - When I purchase them, I cut the top 1/2 inch off the plastic wrap they come in. I slide the card with the dies taped on, out and take the dies off the tape on the card. I remove the tape and clean the residue off the card and the dies. Then I slide everything back into the plastic holder. I stack them in a shoe box, standing on end with the cut side up. FREE STORAGE
and you can easily see what you are looking for. Rita

CCC, MMTPT, QFTD156, Cards for a Cause

Rita/scootsv
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2010, 06:37 PM   #50  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 489 Likes on 307 Posts

I use the wire mesh CD holder from office supplies at target or walmart. I make laminated tabbed dividers with the name of the folder on it, and also label the folder. they are filed in ABC order and are quick to grab. I am starting my second box....the folders run the long way of the holder by the way....this works well for me. I don;t have any cuttlebug or sizzix dies but keep my nesties on magnetic sheets in the DVD cases that SU sells. somewhere on the site there is a posting with templates you can use to create custom covers to slip in but right now I have post-it notes LOL.....

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2010, 04:04 AM   #51  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by debbiemom23csView Post
Did you check out my blog? That die is a new release from Heartfelt Creations called Decorative Window Scene Die. It's so pretty!
I did! (Was out of town so didn't see this post until now.) It is beautiful and lucky me...was at my LSS along with the beautiful window scene stamps that compliment it! I had a hunch since I knew you were on the Heartfelt Creations DT!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2010, 04:52 AM   #52  
Gabfest Goddess

I file mine in a 3-ring binder using the magnetic adhesive sheets. I cut them down and stick them to a sheet of very heavy cardstock. Then I put them in a sheet protector and cut a slit down the middle and then across the bottom (like an upside-down T) so I can open it up without pulling the whole sheet out.....I have attached a pic for a visual, but I am not sure how well you can see the slits....
Attached Thumbnails
Organizing dies and embossing folders...arrrgg-spellbindersstorage.jpg  

Korin Sutherland
This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24
My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2010, 09:57 AM   #53  
Kookie Creator

I love, love Nestabilities and embossing folders! I have quite a collection and complained about not having room for them. My hubby made the mistake of telling me to stop buying them....not!

I outgrew the case I stored them in and progressed to this: I purchased two 72-cd zippered wallets sold at any office supply store (Staples for me). I place each Nestie on a magnetic sheet and slip into a cd slot. I keep Nesties in one and Pendants etc. in the other one. What I really like is that they store upright (no bending or warping of the metal) and are portable so I can just take them off the shelf and carry where I want to.

As for embossing folders....I did keep them in a three-ring binder but outgrew it. I now keep just the embossing folders in a box similar to what "nanofish2003 (Page 1 at the bottom) uses. I can keep my sets together and again...simple to use and take where I want to go.

I use the same system for my bigger dies (Sizzix, Tim Holtz etc.) and I keep the smaller dies (Cuttlebug, Sizzlet etc.) in the original 3-ring binder. I purchased my Cuttlebug storage pages from Crop Stop for a really reasonable price and shipping.

Cathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2011, 11:06 AM   #54  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by DellsDaniView Post
Please tell me that there is a binder or something that will hold all the different brands of dies and embossing folders. I bought one from Cuttlebug, however, it only holds their small dies. It doesn't even hold their embossing folders. I am tired of digging through a box to find a die. Please tell me there is something out there to help me get them organized.
I just use old DVD cases for my embossing folders. I just write the name of the folder on the side and and store on a DVD/CD shelf.
For dies like spellbinder - I use old CD cases with a magnet strip glued inside. works great. I can easily see what I want and grab it.
“Don’t ever forget that you’re a citizen of this world, and there are things you can do to lift the human spirit, things that are easy, things that are free, things that you can do every day: civility, respect, kindness, character.” ~ Aaron Sorkin
My Gallery
Featured Stamper FS739 April 4, 21
My Blog
Administrator for The Outlawz Challenges

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2011, 08:47 AM   #55  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use these flip top boxes I got on clearance at Wal-Mart for like $2 each...They hold my embossing folders, Spellbinder dies, buttons in containers and bling...
Attached Thumbnails
Organizing dies and embossing folders...arrrgg-reds-rubber-room-189.jpg   Organizing dies and embossing folders...arrrgg-reds-rubber-room-188.jpg  

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2011, 07:29 AM   #56  
Rubber Obsessor

Arrow

My craft area is about the size of a shoebox ... I have to store creatively and efficiently.

I do keep all my QK & Cuttlebug (plus other brands) 2" dies in the BCW 20-pocket pages ( BCW Supplies | Pro 20-Pocket Page | ). I use a 1" binder w/ the 20-pocket pages, for the QK GooseBumpz (that is really heavy). I've got some of my 2" x 4" Spellbinder dies in w/ the QK as well as the petite, large and deluxe sized Zip'eCuts & Zip'eClear dies.

I have several 4" D-ring binders that I got on eBay years ago (brand new at the time), dirt cheap because they are baby barf tan ugly; but they are an awesome storage solution.

I have 2 binders for the QK (& others) and I use 4 for Sizzlits Alphabets, 1 for EllisonDesign Thin Cuts & Clear Cuts and another 2 or three for the Sizzix "small" sized Sizzlits in the BCW 9-pocket pages. BTW, you can get 6 of the 35-pk Alphabets in on 4" D-ring Binder or a ton of 8, 9, and 12-pk sets in there.

I keep my "medium" sizzlits in the brown file boxes ( Sizzix.com - Sizzix Accessory - Small Storage Box, Brown ) from Sizzix (when they were on sale for 1/2 price during a Tuesday Teaser); I yanked out the heavy, thick black die dividers (to hold the "medium originals") - I've 2 of these, one packed, the 1/2 full. Awesome space saver.

I found that keeping 4" wafer dies in the pocket pages was a bad idea - the pockets would tear off when the dies got stuck. So for this I have some cheap (& ugly) 4" cube cardboard shipping boxes (one day to be decorated), that I keep all the 4" (& other odd shaped) wafer dies there.

For my Cuttlebug, Sizzix and QK embossing folders, I have a big plastic rounded box I got 16+ years ago (I used to store swim suits & seasonal things like gloves & scarves in it) that I store all of them in along with all the texture plates from EllisonDesign, Sizzix & Fiskars and my Cuttlebug Alphabets ... I will be looking for another solution as the box is really too heavy for me anymore.

I am a big fan of re-purposing USPS Priority Mail shipping boxes. For my Sizzix blue Alphabets (Fun Serif & Shadowbox) along with my "small" green Originals, I have cut the box down entirely to the height of the dies; I did the same for my "medium" Originals (& the Tim Holtz - On the Edge dies; same size as "medium") as well as the "Large" & "alphabars" and the "Bigz" - so those are currently sorted by die size; numerically ... At some point, I'd prefer to sort by theme.

My "Bigz XL" dies are currently stored in a white banker's type box (store brand http://www.officemax.com/catalog/sku.jsp?productId=ARS21308 ); this too has been cut down to the die size (label face up) so I don't have wasted space - and the lid still fits.

I have also used the USPS boxes for my AccuCut Convertible Insert dies, the Mini, Small, and Large dies as well. I also do this with the Long Cuts too.

My AccuCut Jumbo & Super Jumbo sized dies [albums, cards & boxes] are in the banker's type boxes. My Sizzix Bigz Pro [albums] and AccuCut Giants [backgrounds] are where ever I can find space.

While this is a START to a great solution, it's not perfect. I've tall, HEAVY stacks that are not as efficient as I need them to be. I currently have to move all the heavy boxes in the stack to get to a single die I need on the bottom. So, I have now a fixer-upper for this ...

Dad and I went to Home Depot the other day and got this (It was 10.00 cheaper than on-line, plus no shipping and the box fit in my tiny car perfectly) ... ( Find a Perfect Home Commercial Grade Decorative Wire 6-Shelf from The Home Depot ) ... I don't have it up yet, but it will a grand day when I do. It's super heavy duty and can hold the weight of ALL those heavy boxed dies!

I hope some of this helps ... I still need help with my stamp hoarding organizing Anyone ??? I am still struggling w/ massive stamp storage issues ( Forums at Splitcoaststampers ; currently posts 93, 94 and 96 )

Last edited by twink-a-dink; 01-08-2011 at 08:07 AM.. Reason: correction
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2011, 12:02 PM   #57  
Glitter Queen

I bought a new base unit of a Clip-it-Up. It's especially nice for the A2 size of embossing folders. I created tabs for each one showing the name and brand, i.e. TH-TREES, or CB-Spatter, etc. TH being Tim Holtz, CB is Cuttlebug, etc. Then I ran the tab through the embossing process so I can see the exact size and pattern. I leave the embossing folders right in their plastic containers they come in, and hook each to a Clip-it-Up clip with the tab showing. I love it, love it, love it! No more digging through to find what I'm looking for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2011, 05:38 AM   #58  
Stazon Splitcoast

I too, struggled with this very issue. I wanted all of my dies and embossing folders in one place. It also had to be EASY to get them out and put them back...

I FINALLY decided to use a photo storage box, and made dividers with some foam core board (so they wouldn't all flop to one end of the box) and I LOVE IT. I can keep ALL of my dies, small and large, long, and embossing folders, impression plates, and the likes ALL together... here are a few photos... details here: *Insert Creative Witty Blog Name Here*: Getting Organized...
Attached Thumbnails
Organizing dies and embossing folders...arrrgg-full-box-view.jpg   Organizing dies and embossing folders...arrrgg-ptinumberdies.jpg   Organizing dies and embossing folders...arrrgg-long-die-storage.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2011, 11:13 AM   #59  
Insane Embellisher

subbing...
I am in the process of a massive re-organization and there are some wonderful ideas here..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2011, 12:58 PM   #60  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by debbiemom23csView Post
Well, I ordered some 8 1/2 x 11" magnet sheets with adhesive backs from Oriental Trader. Then I stuck them to the wall in my craft room that sits in front of where I die cut. Most of my spellbinders dies fit right on the wall now! Its very handy and saved a ton of space! Here is a link to a blog post I did about my storage plus it has a picture!

A Peek Into My Stamping Room: Celebrate!

Older post, I know - but I still want your wall!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2011, 10:13 PM   #61  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by JunneeView Post
Hi I bought a folder and then filled it with Kaiser zipper slips 5 or 6 in a pack then put the folders in those (2 per slip)and for the dies I have a sheet of magnetic sheeting and the dies stay on them and then they go in another Kaiser slip.Does that make sense.I hope so.It makes sense to me anyway.Lol.Good luck
I've done the same thing, I even bought the Kaiser folder for them to go in. Its chocablock full now though, but very portable. I even put little tags on most of them for ease of finding what I want. I also have my nesties in there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2011, 07:21 AM   #62  
Cardstock Collector

Little late to the game here. I don't have any dies but I don't think anyone mentioned anything similar to mine for the embossing folders. I have a drawer unit from Ikea (sorry, not sure which one). The bottom two drawers are deep enough for the embossing folders to stand up in and I'm going to divide the drawers in half and then add dividers every 1/2 inch or so. Then I'm going to make some tabs with the folder name written on it & emboss those so I can see which folder I'm looking for before pulling them out of the drawers. It's going to leave me tons of room to expand my collection! Yay!
Reply With Quote Likes