Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-10-2009, 03:15 AM   #161  
Insane Embellisher

Received 162 Likes on 86 Posts

[QUOTE=Stampee;15318313
tick, tick, tick....tick, tick, tick....tick, tick, tick[/QUOTE]

OH Stop!! That ticking is scaring me!! You sure do know how to make someone nervous enough to go run into their CLOSET! :confused:

I just want to say thanks for all your inspiration. It has been great "meeting" you here. I have had so much fun and if for any other reason it has helped me realize that I have been away too long. I don't know how I got too busy that I haven't been chatting with some wonderful Splitcoast ladies in a while. It must be those 5 kids I have???

Anyway, best of Luck to you. After meeting so many friends it does make you really wish they had more than one to give away!!

Finally...
A Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 05:26 AM   #162  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it has been nice to meet everyone and chat with you all. I have enjoyed it.

I got my workshop all packed up and ready to load in the car and then I have to wait for the babysitter to show up and am out of here.

So if anyone needs me I'll be back after lunch time.

Wish you all the best.

tick, tick, tick....tick, tick, tick....tick, tick, tick.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 12:58 PM   #163  
Matboard Maniac

Ok, just a quick post of a card we made in today's workshop. It looks so much prettier in real life. Hope you are all getting an opportunity to stamp....speaking of stamping!
I had my workshop today for 18 ladies and we each made 10 cards. 5 of each card. I wanted to show you a picture of my built in desk in my stamping room........I put away everything after the workshop and this is what the desk area looks like. There are still a few packed boxes, but it is stuff that I don't have room to put away. You will notice them under the edge of the counter. Also I have a 2 drawer file cabinet under there which holds my 8 1/2 x 11 card stock.

Doesn't the wainscoat look nice.....It matches my Knotty Alderwood Workbox...I just had to say it...lol.

Have a great day all...

tick, tick, tick.....tick, tick, tick.....tick, tick, tick
Attached Thumbnails
Organize myself for my Sanity ~ New Pictures of a clean room posted-2nd-card_wm.jpg   Organize myself for my Sanity ~ New Pictures of a clean room posted-desk.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 01:08 PM   #164  
Gabfest Goddess

gorgeous card...and love the desk...love the real wood panelled wall...and the giraffe...I haven't been to an actual workshop for a long long time...so need to get together with some stamping friends...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 01:11 PM   #165  
Mad Swapper

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I love your ribbon rack!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #166  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp bugView Post
gorgeous card...and love the desk...love the real wood panelled wall...and the giraffe...I haven't been to an actual workshop for a long long time...so need to get together with some stamping friends...
You could have came and stamped with us. We try to get together at least once a month and stamp. We have all be stamping together for about 4 to 5 years now and our little group keeps getting bigger an bigger.

The walls throughout my house are all like that. The wall in my living room is from floor to ceiling. You have to admit it matches the Knotty Alderwood Workbox. Sorry about the tv on, my son is watching Sponge Bob. I told him if he was good while I was a the workshop he could watch cartoons for a while this afternoon.

I'll call you next time we stamp!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Organize myself for my Sanity ~ New Pictures of a clean room posted-living-room.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #167  
Mad Swapper

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Oh my heavens, that was a really touching response (#160). I appreciate you sharing from your heart and letting us all take a peek inside. I'd be giving you a big hug right now if I could! Thank YOU for using your talents and your resources to help other people, encourage other people, inspire other people, and celebrate other people! This made my day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 01:32 PM   #168  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumbunnyView Post
I love your ribbon rack!
My husband made that for me. It is just a square frame and he routered in at 45 degree angles and I put the ribbon on dowels and they drop down and don't fall forward. I had it hanging on the wall but my son thinks he need to spin the ribbon off the spool....lol. He can be too cute at times....lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #169  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampeeView Post
My husband made that for me. It is just a square frame and he routered in at 45 degree angles and I put the ribbon on dowels and they drop down and don't fall forward. I had it hanging on the wall but my son thinks he need to spin the ribbon off the spool....lol. He can be too cute at times....lol.
I hang my ribbon from dowel rods also. But its always the middle spool that get finished first, then you have to take them all off to that spool then reload them... LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 02:23 PM   #170  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by redheaded witchView Post
I hang my ribbon from dowel rods also. But its always the middle spool that get finished first, then you have to take them all off to that spool then reload them... LOL
Isn't that the truth. I alway seem to go through the center ones first. I even have moved the ribbon I don't use as often to the middle and then I decide to use it up for a workshop and then I have to move it off. LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 04:56 PM   #171  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumbunnyView Post
Oh my heavens, that was a really touching response (#160). I appreciate you sharing from your heart and letting us all take a peek inside. I'd be giving you a big hug right now if I could! Thank YOU for using your talents and your resources to help other people, encourage other people, inspire other people, and celebrate other people! This made my day.
Thank you! A day doesn't go by that I don't know just how blessed we truly are. I look at him and never take him for granted knowing daily what could have been. I cherish each moment I have with him and I make as many moments that I can and try to make each special for him also!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 06:50 PM   #172  
Insane Embellisher

Oh My Gosh!! I would die for that desk!! That is sooo nice. (Remember I stamp on the floor so I don't even have a small desk). :neutral:

MY VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8bcvPwR8x4
MY GALLERY: Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Finally...
A Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 07:28 PM   #173  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by in2stampsView Post
Oh My Gosh!! I would die for that desk!! That is sooo nice. (Remember I stamp on the floor so I don't even have a small desk). :neutral:

LOL Gosh I guess you dont have to worry about things falling on the floor off of the desk... LOL

Nice Desk Stampee... BUT the ScrapBox desk will be more beautiful in my c-room!!! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 07:29 PM   #174  
Compulsive Stamper

I love how you have taken something you love to do and made it such a huge part of your life. I'm in the beginning stages of paper crafting and can't imagine finding all the time to do all the things you do with your crafting! You are such a giving person and an inspiration! I bet when you were writing your post, you never in a million years thought that your words would touch someone's heart reading them here. Well they have mine...and I bet many others! Thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 07:32 PM   #175  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

My husband built that counter top into the wall and you have no idea. It is very nice, however, the underneath corner pieces that hold it up.....are worthless and the shelves he built on the one side, you really can't access. But yes, I have a counter top to stamp on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 07:33 PM   #176  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

LOL Gosh I guess you dont have to worry about things falling on the floor off of the desk... LOL

Nice Desk Stampee... BUT the ScrapBox desk will be more beautiful in my c-room!!! LOL
But it matches, the wood in my stamping room....it would match my room soooo nicely!!!!

It was made just to match my wood....LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 07:49 PM   #177  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

But it matches, the wood in my stamping room....it would match my room soooo nicely!!!!

It was made just to match my wood....LOL.
Ahhh but the paint in my room would really compliment the color I would choose for it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 07:52 PM   #178  
Matboard Maniac

Lightbulb

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo4alView Post
I love how you have taken something you love to do and made it such a huge part of your life. I'm in the beginning stages of paper crafting and can't imagine finding all the time to do all the things you do with your crafting! You are such a giving person and an inspiration! I bet when you were writing your post, you never in a million years thought that your words would touch someone's heart reading them here. Well they have mine...and I bet many others! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you very much. I actually sat here a cried and cried while I was writing it. My son is now 7 and I still live that nightmare in my mind daily as to what could have been. Up to that point, I had worked all my life from the time I was 11. My parents owned a restaurant and I worked there for years. I have always had a job of some sort, and for years of my life I worked 2 jobs.

After Garrett was born, I quit my job and moved to Texas. Talk about scary! I knew no one. It was hard on me being away from family and friends so I made my world around me through my stamping. It also allowed me to stay at home with him until he got into school and I was able to earn money on the side.

Now I do both, I work and stamp. I work while he is in school and then I am usually home there shortly after. My husband telecommutes and works from home. I get home and spend time with Garrett. He helps me with dinner and sets the table. He loves to wash dishes....I'm sure that won't last long.....lol. I will continue to let him think it is fun.

After he is in bed I usually stamp a while. On weekends he helps me stamp and he stamps up cards and poster papers for his aunts and uncles for presents. He gives them to people when they come visit.

All of his grandparents have passed away. He has only met one when he was about 2 years old. I'm not even sure if he remembers him or not. But a lady I used to work with, her grandchildren are all in California and she lives up here in Idaho. She has adopted him and does all the special things that a loving grandmother would.

When he was in preschool, they had a grandparents day. When the flyer came home from school, I cried my eyes out as he didn't have a a grandparent to take with him to lunch at school. My friend was all over it. She even comes to his cub scout meetings when he is getting an award....lol. I'm glad to have her in our lives....she spoils him rotten and he smothers her with hugs and kisses. I love her dearly and appreciate her for who she is and thank her for always being in our lives.

When I quit my job my whole perspective on life changed and my whole attitude toward life was totally reconstructed. I learned to live in the moment and the things that used to be so important in life took a back burner to everything else. I made this little boy my complete priority and filled the rest of my life in around him. I wouldn't change it in anyway!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 07:54 PM   #179  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Ahhh but the paint in my room would really compliment the color I would choose for it.
I have light blue walls, very pale blue, I think they call it soft sky.

You don't think it would match both the alderwood wainscoat and the pretty blue walls?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 08:16 PM   #180  
Compulsive Stamper

well I was cryin' with you when I was reading! That boy of yours is a miracle to cherish for sure...they all are. Your friend is such a blessing!

I have a 3 year old who is my blessing.... and my 6 year old granddaughter. When I married, I became instant grandma...my husband had a daughter in her 20's with a little girl. We later we had a little boy. People think they are brother and sister but my son is quick to tell them that he's her uncle. HA! I love the reactions!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 08:23 PM   #181  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo4alView Post
well I was cryin' with you when I was reading! That boy of yours is a miracle to cherish for sure...they all are. Your friend is such a blessing!

I have a 3 year old who is my blessing.... and my 6 year old granddaughter. When I married, I became instant grandma...my husband had a daughter in her 20's with a little girl. We later we had a little boy. People think they are brother and sister but my son is quick to tell them that he's her uncle. HA! I love the reactions!
That's funny. My husband was married previously and has a daughter. So there is a large age difference between Garrett and his sister. She has 2 children and Garrett is an Uncle. They are quick to point that out!!!

Last edited by Stampee; 10-11-2009 at 05:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2009, 06:06 AM   #182  
Matboard Maniac

Can you imagine, if our husbands had to store all their tools in the house, and we had Stamping Garages!

OH JOY!!! Just the vision of that. Them hiding there screw drivers, nails, nail guns, drills, saws and etc. Under the bed, in the closets, in the kitchen cupboards, in the front all closet, in the kids room.....LOL.

Every time they want to "create" they have to get it all out and put it all back away.

Ok, I had too many good dreams last night....lol.

Good Morning ALL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2009, 06:25 AM   #183  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

When I read that too...it mades me wonder how big her space is....lol!

Now as for the tool box...the was my birthday present a few years back. My husband brought it into the house and gave it to me....can you image the look on my face when he gave that to me.....lol. I think he thought I wouldn't use it so he could have it for the garage...but I wheeled it into my son's bedroom and loaded it up....shaking my head the whole time, mind you...thinking....What was he thinking?

Good luck lady!!! Wish we all could win!

Good luck on your quest to win.

As for a tool box - I specifically asked my husband for mine. He goes to auctions every couple of weeks and found one for me. I love the shallow shelves for my stamps. But I did see a wooden set up in the new Sears tool catalog and I am continually leaving that page open on the couch so maybe he will get the idea. Wood looks so much nicer in a craft room instead of black metal :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2009, 06:36 AM   #184  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickkitView Post
Good luck on your quest to win.

As for a tool box - I specifically asked my husband for mine. He goes to auctions every couple of weeks and found one for me. I love the shallow shelves for my stamps. But I did see a wooden set up in the new Sears tool catalog and I am continually leaving that page open on the couch so maybe he will get the idea. Wood looks so much nicer in a craft room instead of black metal :-)
Yes is looks so much more beautiful in wood. It take away from the "manly" look.

If I win the Workbox, I will figure out a way to keep and incorporate the tool box into my room somehow. I have kinda gotten used to it. I may move it to my bedroom as my sewing machine is set up in there and I have a little room in the corner and I could keep some of my sewing stuff in there....lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2009, 08:20 AM   #185  
Embossing Fanatic

Can you imagine, if our husbands had to store all their tools in the house, and we had Stamping Garages!

OH JOY!!! Just the vision of that. Them hiding there screw drivers, nails, nail guns, drills, saws and etc. Under the bed, in the closets, in the kitchen cupboards, in the front all closet, in the kids room.....LOL.

Every time they want to "create" they have to get it all out and put it all back away.

Ok, I had too many good dreams last night....lol.

Good Morning ALL

that would be wonderful! my husband is a drummer and has a whole room just to store his drum kits and other instruments... and I'm stuck on the kitchen table. good luck to you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #186  
Matboard Maniac

I want to take over the garage so badly....lol.

tick, tick, tick.....tick, tick, tick....tick, tick, tick

The waiting game....I'm going insane.....lol. This is why I open all my Christmas presents before Christmas. However, the past 3 or 4 years my husband hides mine until Christmas morning and then he puts them under the tree so I won't open them up before then.....lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2009, 06:31 PM   #187  
Glitter Queen

Talking

WOW, I have been out of town and have just been catching up. I just read you post about you little Garret's birth. Congrats and may God bless you with many, many years to love and enjoy with him.

Good luck to you Stampee!

Happy Stampin',
Debbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2009, 06:56 PM   #188  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by DebbieAnnBView Post
WOW, I have been out of town and have just been catching up. I just read you post about you little Garret's birth. Congrats and may God bless you with many, many years to love and enjoy with him.

Good luck to you Stampee!

Happy Stampin',
Debbie
Thank you so much! We enjoy each day as we get them....He is such a joy and we love him dearly.

We are truly blessed.

Thanks again
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 05:06 AM   #189  
Matboard Maniac

Good Morning Ladies,

Best of luck to all you.

Hope you all slept wonderfully. I know I did.

I have to go to the accountant this morning so I will be back after 12 CST.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Take care
DeMaris
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 06:05 AM   #190  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good luck and hope your in the top 10!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 06:14 AM   #191  
Matboard Maniac

I hope you are too! I have had fun bantering with alot of you all and I hope we all stay in touch after this.

I think we should have a swap between us all that way we can try to stay in touch and get to know us each better. I think that would be fun!

Ok, noon CST. I anxiously await...however, I am going to do what I need to and I will not be right here when it post, but I will be back shortly after.

Good luck to you and good luck to everyone. We are all deserving in a our own ways. Fingers crossed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 09:52 AM   #192  
Matboard Maniac

Awesome Ladies...good job...Now I have to figure out who I am going to vote for.

Thanks for the contest SCS, the Judges, and The Original Workbox....I accomplished what I set out for and that was a clean room. Although, I could still use a Workbox, I will have to figure out other means for getting some of my items out of the boxes and out where I can get to them better.

This has been great and you are all wonderful. Good Luck to you all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 10:33 AM   #193  
Stazon Splitcoast

I was so hoping you would be one of the finalist... Hugs and yes I would like to stay in touch!!

Maybe the Scrapbox WannaBeeees
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #194  
Gabfest Goddess

I was thinking tool box-like you carry-that tool cart is cool-
Quote:

My photos have been posted you can view the many reasons I need to get organized and why the ScrapBox Giveaway was made just for me.

This is when you first step into my stamping room....good luck not to trip and fall...
Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

This is looking at the closet area. The stamp sets keep falling as the shelves are not deep and they fall to the sides and everything falls into a hugh pile on the floor.

This is the lovely tool box that I received for my birthday a few years ago.

I would be absolutely honored if you picked me so that I could get my life back together. Thanks for looking.

{there are no mistakes in rubber stamping; only embellishment opportunities}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2009, 08:00 PM   #195  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I think we should have a swap between us all that way we can try to stay in touch and get to know us each better. I think that would be fun!
I think that would be a great idea and alot of fun!! Let us know when you got it all organized...ok?? It would take me awhile since I am still in the closet. I still don't have a lightbulb replaced yet. You should have seen me tonight trying for 30 minutes to find the stampset I wanted and the correct brads and ink. It was so dark....Then I had to look for the ribbon and they all looked like the same color..BLACK!! LOL

So by the time I got one organized it would be over. :(

So if you find yourself in "downtime" and decide to do one...count me in!! Your last posted cards were awesome so I don't know if I can come up with a "wow" like that but I'll try.

Finally...
A Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2009, 08:20 PM   #196  
Stazon Splitcoast

Count me in too for the swap...

Denise maybe you should look into a mineing hardhat with a spot light on it... LOL

I'm still really bummed we didnt make it into the top 10.. I thought we had a great chance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 03:09 AM   #197  
Compulsive Stamper

It would be fun to have a swap, count me in, too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 05:44 PM   #198  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Count me in too for the swap...

Denise maybe you should look into a mineing hardhat with a spot light on it... LOL

I'm still really bummed we didnt make it into the top 10.. I thought we had a great chance.
HAHA you are so funny. What an imagination with the hard hat. LOL

I really thought we all had a good chance too..Me,you, Stampee and Creativepzazz, and Stamp-Bug too!! I do think we all have unique situations.

Finally...
A Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 06:21 PM   #199  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

HAHA you are so funny. What an imagination with the hard hat. LOL

I really thought we all had a good chance too..Me,you, Stampee and Creativepzazz, and Stamp-Bug too!! I do think we all have unique situations.
Yeah I totally agree.. I have a friend that was having a SBS in a church and the lights went out. her hubby had a few of these headlights and brought them in so she could finish her SBS projects... It was so funny looking but worked really well...

Well it sounds like there is so much drama going on with the finalist that I feel better not being one of the finalist. Its a shame something so nice has to be tainted...
Reply With Quote Likes