Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-29-2009, 08:46 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oooh I hope I've got this right!!!!!!!

Hi Ladies, Judges, and Gentlemen,

I've never posted a thread so I hope I am doing this right. I'm sure there are MANY VERY NEEDY people out there, people who are clever and creative that will make you laugh, etc... but I am just a simple person with a simple need for some sanity. With that said, here is my story.

I am including pictures of my chaos. There is no staging going on here. I literally just saw the ad and knew I had to give it a try. I wish I hadn't just straightened up my space though. Stuff was literally falling off the tables. It is night time here in Seattle so the pics aren't great. I'm shocked at how the mess doesn't really come through too much in pictures. It actually looks much worse in person.

Anyway, I have a stamping "spot" in the middle of our mud room in our basement. As you can see from the photos I share this space with a bird cage, a ping pong table, an exercise machine (behind the bird cage), our household filing cabinet (behind my accessories bins), and a laundry drying rack. I don't have enough storage space so stuff is on the tables, chairs, and surrounding floor. I have no place to stamp and you know there's no way I'm getting rid of ANYTHING. So I cart whatever I'm currently working on upstairs to the dining room table, picture included, which I am currently sharing rather reluctantly I might add with my daughter. She is working on a scrapbook - book report for a school project.

Okay, so here's my sympathy pitch, LOL. I have bad knees and arthritis in my lower back and hips, along with 10 years of chronic plantar fasciitis in both of my heels. If you've ever had even a touch of this you know how bad it can be. So needless to say it is painful carting everything up and down the stairs. It's also quite cold and damp in the basement which isn't good for paper storage or my aching bones. And living in Seattle it is wet and cold nine months of the year. I would truly love having the storage unit upstairs in my living room so I can stamp in a clean, well organized and warm environment in the presence of my loving family and without taking over the dining room table. To be honest I don't stamp much in my spot even when the tables are clear because I don't like being so far away from my kids in a dirty, cold, and smelly basement.

So, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE pick me and provide my aching body and fed up family some relief! Before I go, I'd like to thank Splitcoast and the Original Scrapbox company for providing this wonderful opportunity.

Sincerely,
Melissa Canales
Attached Thumbnails
Oooh I hope I've got this right!!!!!!!-108_8481.jpg   Oooh I hope I've got this right!!!!!!!-108_8479.jpg   Oooh I hope I've got this right!!!!!!!-108_8482.jpg  

Last edited by bunny67; 09-29-2009 at 09:56 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2009, 09:25 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

I've been reading some of the other entries and as I feared there are SO MANY funny, creative and genuinely needy people out there. I do hope you will take the time to read my post and let me know what you think, good or bad. I just want to be acknowledged. Thanks for reading this far.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2009, 09:53 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Oh dear, I really must try harder to convince you guys. So here's another sob story. Remember in my previous post, I told you about my bad back. Well this past spring, I leaned over the couch to turn out the light and my back went out. Now it has gone out before, many times in the twenty years since I was injured, but this time was different. I couldn't walk or stand for even 5 minutes. I couldn't even lay down without severe pain. So forget sleeping life away. It took me several months to get better. During this time I couldn't navigate the stairs and lets just say that family gets tired of playing fetch really fast, even when one is so deserving. If I have the Scrapbox, I'll be able to keep crafting next time and keep my spirits up until I'm better. But I do pray that my back never goes out like that again. It was truly horrible trying to maintain a household in that condition. And before anyone comments on my messy house, it is that way because I'm still not at a 100% and cannot do everything by myself and no one is going to do it for me, nor can I afford to pay someone to help me. I will gladly accept volunteers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 06:22 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Okay, people I see you have been in here. Why are there no comments! Go ahead, say whatever you want. I promise it won't hurt as bad as seeing you come in and leave without saying a thing!

Last edited by bunny67; 09-30-2009 at 07:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 06:41 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

I'll post so you aren't lonely. cheer up when I tell you there are stamp areas worse than yours, and I'm not going to enter although I would dearly love the prize, but I have no one to help me get it up my flight of stairs and into my appt. so one less person to compete with:rolleyes:
member #1989

if you don't talk to your cat about catnip who will?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 08:00 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

I really would love to own something beautiful. The only new piece of furniture in my house is my dining room table. My husband paid $150 for it at COSTCO as a Christmas gift 8 years ago. And what I mean by new is something that I or my spouse didn't grow up with. Seriously our bedroom set is the one he was given as a young boy - he is turning 50 this year! Please, oh please take pity on me! I deserve something nice too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 08:03 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Oh, I forgot to mention when we got it (the table) in the house we discovered it was orange! It shows somewhat in the picture.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 08:05 AM   #8  
Kookie Creator

Thank you so much Dawn for taking pity on me and my loneliness.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 08:25 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

Did I mention that this mud room has a drain it and a creek runs under the house? We are told there used to be a sump pump in there somewhere, though it has never been found. The basement has twice been filled with sewage but we think the city has finally addressed that problem sufficiently. Please help me get my stuff out of there before I fall victim to the next flood. Most of my supplies are in boxes on the floor under the two tables.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 03:49 PM   #10  
Kookie Creator

One of the rules is to comment on other peoples' posts. I can only think that I have you all running scared since so many of you have visited and only a nonparticipant left me a message. Come on ladies, let's hear what you have to say.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 09:23 AM   #11  
Glitter Guru

I'm not participating as I am fortunate to have a room that is mostly my own and which is fairly organized, but I did want to wish you good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 01:04 PM   #12  
Kookie Creator

Thank you Michelle, it sounds like I might really need some luck, so I'll take it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2009, 07:51 AM   #13  
Kookie Creator

Oh ladies, I am so NOT tech savvy. I thought there was a way to subscribe to a thread but I can't figure it out. It took me forever to find my thread this morning; although it wasn't buried as far deep as I thought it might be. I just wanted to update and show new pictures of my dining room table as I'm in the middle of trying to get some classes going again. I haven't had one since being injured last spring. Until I can get some pictures up, I'll just describe the current chaos. So as the piles on the table grow higher things are pushed out underneath and fall to the floor. I found my dog chewing on my scallop border punch this morning, last night it was a very nice hair clip - at least it wasn't my stamping stuff, LOL. The paper stack my laptop is sitting on became unstable and my laptop slid off the table and into a box on the floor; lucky it was there to break the fall? That's all for now. Thanks for reading this far.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2009, 08:47 AM   #14  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunny67View Post
Oh ladies, I am so NOT tech savvy. I thought there was a way to subscribe to a thread but I can't figure it out. It took me forever to find my thread this morning; although it wasn't buried as far deep as I thought it might be. I just wanted to update and show new pictures of my dining room table as I'm in the middle of trying to get some classes going again. I haven't had one since being injured last spring. Until I can get some pictures up, I'll just describe the current chaos. So as the piles on the table grow higher things are pushed out underneath and fall to the floor. I found my dog chewing on my scallop border punch this morning, last night it was a very nice hair clip - at least it wasn't my stamping stuff, LOL. The paper stack my laptop is sitting on became unstable and my laptop slid off the table and into a box on the floor; lucky it was there to break the fall? That's all for now. Thanks for reading this far.
To subscribe to the thread - at the top of the thread is a drop down menu that says THREAD TOOLS - click that - then subscribe with whatever updates you wish to receive and you're good to go.
Reply With Quote Likes