Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Lots of love. Little organization.

My craft room is a craft room/computer room/library/classroom! And I'm tired of sharing!!! I know. I'm the Mommy and I'm supposed to model good behavior for my boys. But does that also mean I'm not allowed to have any time to enjoy myself? I truly believe that I am a better Mommy when I have some time to feed my creative side and relax. I don't want all the time, just a few minutes here and there. But without all the stuff in one place, I spend more time searching for things than actually being creative. Here is a typical attempt to make a stamp project.

Enter the room. Sigh! Look at the shelf of stamps below all the kids' books. Moan about sitting on the floor and being too old for this! Choose a stamp set to use. Pull myself off the floor on a good day, yell for help on a bad one. Cross the room and move the paper container, punch basket, and several sets of shoes, toys, and magazines away from the craft cabinet. Pull out the basic supply tote and climb over the items listed above to get to the desk. Mutter under breath about nobody in this house being able to put things anywhere but on my desk. Set the tote down on the floor and spend the next half hour trying to find the desk that has been buried in toy cars, planes, and green army men. Move all the computer items to the top of the printer for temporary storage. Finally fine a 2 foot square of desktop to work on. Trip over things now in floor to get to the paper container. Choose colors. Dig through the drawer for the right ink. Remember a wonderful mat paper and stretch to get it from the box. Pull a muscle because most cabinets are not made for short people! LOL Dig through a box of mat paper and finally find the one I was thinking of. Get everything to the desk. Balance it on top of the printer and monitor so that there is still clear space on the desk. Open the stamp set and hear, "Mom, when are you coming out to make us some food? You've been in there for 2 hours already." Sigh, again. Leave the craft room with project unstarted, again, to return to the world of Mommy knowing full well that when I return everything will be spread all over the room again and I'll be starting from square one again!

I know I'll have time to craft when they are older, but my whole being cries out for a creative outlet. If everything were in one place, I could do it now. I know I could!

I've accepted the fact that our space is crowded. We have 900 square feet (including the garage), 2 kids, 2 cats, 50 guppies, and lots of love in our home. We just don't have much organization. I am sooo ready for organization!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2009, 10:59 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Kinda whiney?

I guess my story sounds kind of whiney! Sorry!!!!! I tend to have a dry sense of humor and it sometimes comes across that way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2009, 11:00 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

I hope the winner of this contest enjoys the organization! Good luck to all!
Reply With Quote Likes