Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-21-2011, 02:43 AM   #41  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SO TRUE! another one I would add to that list for myself would be buying new products and stamp sets from a certain stamp company because I am a demonstrator from it and want to make sure I have everything I need. Despite the fact that I have so many stamp sets I don't know all of what I have. ugh!

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59View Post
This is a GREAT 12-step list!

I don't have a ton of stuff, like some people do. What I do have is a very tiny room that is used as a combination office, craft room, storage room. Even so, I'm finding stuff I don't won't use. In going through my stash I came to realize I have three bad habits that I need to break:

1) Buying bunches of stuff because it's on clearance. A great price doesn't make a good deal.

2) Buying stuff I love but am afraid to use because my skills aren't good enough. If I buy it, I need to use it--not save it!

3) Inability to throw anything away. I can give things away, but if I think I've got something nobody will want, I have trouble tossing it in the trash. ie: a single brad that doesn't match anything, stickers, 3" piece of ribbon, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2011, 04:44 AM   #42  
Insane Embellisher

As I was reading through this thread, I kept saying - "I do that too"! I love to organize (my family thinks I should become a professional - LOL!) and think I do like it more than the crafting. Like others have mentioned, I always find great things I didn't remember having whenever I purge.

I recently starting being really ruthless and have been collecting to donate to my local Ronald MacDonald House. The Toronto house just (sadly) became the largest RMH. They just moved and I am meeting with them after the holidays to bring in all of the supplies I have collected (so far about 3 boxes). Might be another way to pay it foward with supplies you no longer want ...

Jana
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2011, 05:05 AM   #43  
Mad Swapper

Jana,
That is an outstanding way to Pay It Forward. I'm sure the families that are staying at the Ronald McDonald House will be thrilled to have your crafting supplies to occupy themselves while their loved one is receiving treatment at your local hospital.

I also remember reading about places started In Memory of Gilda Radner. There are Gilda Clubs all over as well. These are locations where people with cancer can stop in with family and friends and learn how to live with cancer.

For those of you too young to remember she was a comedienne married to Gene Wilder [the original Willy Wonka before Johnny Depp]. She was on Saturday Night Live from 1975 thru 1980 and hysterically funny. She died of ovarian cancer.

Her legacy is that because of her late diagnosis...took them 10 months to figure it out...

Following is quote from Wikpedia..."Radner's death from ovarian cancer helped to raise awareness of early detection and the connection to familial epidemiology. The media attention in the two years after Radner's death led to registry of 450 families with familial ovarian cancer at the Familial Ovarian Cancer Registry, a research database registry at the Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo, New York. The registry was later renamed the Gilda Radner Familial Ovarian Cancer Registry (GRFOCR)."

Sorry this is so long, but I said all that to say that I had read where someone donated all their stamping supplies to one of these Clubs. I suppose they are all in major cities and I've not heard of any in our area, but that would be a place to keep in mind when/if any of you decide to "purge."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2011, 06:07 AM   #44  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59View Post
Here is an updated link: ScrapRack Get Organized Challenge 2012

The upcoming organization seminar will begin in January and will include all 8 topics, instead of the 5 listed in the original post. I may not make it to the live webinar gatherings, but I plan to follow along as best I can without buying any new storage stuff.
Thanks for the info! I registered. I could use some organization in my life... I'm a mess LOL

I'm a work in progress!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2011, 06:35 AM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
I felt so proud of myself yesterday when I put down 5 cling stamps sets that were reduced down to $2.99. I need another Christmas stamp set like I need another hole in my head!

HAHA I think I bought those sets! LOL

MY BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2011, 02:17 PM   #46  
Rubber Obsessor

Stamp cat, I think I'm guilty too! I did restrain myself though, only bought 3 of the 6 or 7 sets that were available. First I scooped up all the sets, then did a reality check, and decided that I'd really only have a use for the 3, and put the others back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2011, 05:21 AM   #47  
Insane Embellisher

I just signed up for the 2012 Challenge! Now to avoid all that lovely discounted Christmas paper that keeps calling me - LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2011, 11:20 PM   #48  
Rubber Obsessor

Re the ScrapRack thingy, well I tuned in to all the YouTube things and I couldn't believe how much waffle she went on with.....blah blah blah with no actual info on what she was on about.......take a tip ladies, to be organised and clutter free in your craftrooms, whatever you use put it away as soon as you've used it then move on.

I also cannot believe how much stuff some of you seem to have and not know you have it, then discover it and have to purge! amazing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2011, 10:48 PM   #49  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by eelsView Post
take a tip ladies, to be organised and clutter free in your craftrooms, whatever you use put it away as soon as you've used it then move on.
This sounds very simple. Unfortunately, for many of us it's not. That's why there are so many books, seminars, webinars, etc. on organization. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2011, 05:23 PM   #50  
Cardstock Collector

Default 12 Step Program...

RE: 12 Step Program for Crafters - perfect! My friends and I talk about being more of a "collector" than a crafter. I love to be organized even though I tend to resent the time it takes to keep reorganizing my crafting space. I guess I should try purging (have never done that in 10+ years) or quit buying new supplies. ;)

Last edited by CraftyCat; 12-26-2011 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: Clarity
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

What a great thread. It is my goal to get my entire house organized/reduced/reused/simplified during the next year. I am actually planning to take 1 room/area of my house each month until I have it all taken care of. My back porch, attic and 2 outside storage rooms will need to be done during the cooler/not cold weather so I'm thinking March/April or October/November. The 2 outside rooms have a joining wall so my sil & I are planning to take that wall down to give more room and easier access. He wants to do it in the next few weeks so I'll have to get cracking on those areas very soon. I also have a very busy January starting to teach a new class where I'm going to have to do all the media work, etc. The upside is the class if only 3 days a week and only 4 hrs a day so I'll have the afternoons to get it all done. WOO HOO!!! Thanks again for starting this thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 04:07 AM   #52  
Kookie Creator

I get to sort/purg in the next couple of months, then I get to re-organize my crafting area because we've bought a house !!!! I've always considered my craft area as "a work in progress" to make room for new things, and finding better ways to store things.

Thanks so much for this thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 08:15 AM   #53  
Wish RAK Coordinator

Location: needs some retail therapy....now just to decide what to buy!

I so need to organize my stamp room. Can hardly move my chair. Just need to pull all like items together and I will be happy.

For those of you who have card fronts/full cards to get rid of.....I work with Operation Write Home. We send handmade blank cards to our heroes serving overseas so that they have a way to communicate with loved ones back home. You will get a tax receipt as well. PM me for more info or check us out at Operation Write Home: Helping Heroes Keep in Touch with Home
Reply With Quote Likes