Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-29-2009, 02:42 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 162 Likes on 86 Posts
Default I Stamp on the 5' x 7' Closet Floor-VIDEO ADDED!!

Ok Ladies...I think I should win! I REALLY need Something to put Everything in and a Surface to Stamp On!!

I don't have a stamp room like some of you. I have 5 kids and 4 bedrooms, some sharing with tiny closets.... only basic house space with no extra rooms.

I don't have a basement like some. I don't even have cabinets or extra closet space.
I don't have a table to stamp on. I don't have shelves in the dining area....I have a 5'2" x 7' closet!!

I stamp on a wood board on the floor actually in a 6foot long x 27inch wide space. The typical closet items we have(the ones actually intended for the closet) take up most of the space.

Sometimes it becomes quite a mess. But most of all I get a bit cramped as I sit and work on projects. ALOT OF PROJECTS !!!

So Please consider me and I'll show you plenty more pictures soon!

As soon as I can get out of the closet I'll tell you the rest of the story!!

Coming soon...as rules request...where I've been ....where I started.
**I am editing to add my video**
Here:<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f8bcvPwR8x4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f8bcvPwR8x4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Attached Thumbnails
I Stamp on the 5' x 7' Closet Floor-VIDEO ADDED!!-phto0163.jpg   I Stamp on the 5' x 7' Closet Floor-VIDEO ADDED!!-phto0169.jpg   I Stamp on the 5' x 7' Closet Floor-VIDEO ADDED!!-phto0173.jpg  

Finally...
A Gallery

Last edited by in2stamps; 10-02-2009 at 02:18 PM.. Reason: embedded video
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2009, 03:40 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Please won't someone post on my Thread and vote for me???
We live in a rental house and are doing our best when we feel crowded. I cannot renovate or put shelving up on the walls because we rent.

Our livingroom and dining area is only big enough for the furniture. My table is unbelievably uneven I have to stamp on a board in my closet on the floor. It has been 2 1/2 yrs and i just made due with it. My 12x12 paper is in a box getting more bent as I pull it out and put it back.

I have a nice big area to put the Scrapbox in my bedroom. I can't move any shelving I already have into that space because the shelves need corners to support them. So my empty bedroom space is waiting for the Scrapbox. I don't have any extra tables to put there either. So i need this scrapbox so i can work on more projects and have a table that will fold away.

Finally...
A Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2009, 03:46 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Please pass the word and vote for me. Sometimes when I get too cramped in the closet I will carry my wood board out and put it on our table for some big projects. But then my 5 kids and husband have to eat at the table with a mountain of supplies around them. This sometimes will last a week.

Here are some of my closet creations:
Attached Thumbnails
I Stamp on the 5' x 7' Closet Floor-VIDEO ADDED!!-dreams-du-jour-kiwi-pink.jpg   I Stamp on the 5' x 7' Closet Floor-VIDEO ADDED!!-priceless-baja-breeze.jpg   I Stamp on the 5' x 7' Closet Floor-VIDEO ADDED!!-priceless-pretties-kit.jpg  

Finally...
A Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2009, 03:57 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to okstamper

It would bother me royally to stamp in a room with such a mess to begin with...I hate Mess. I am a very organized person and if my stamp room isnt organized, I will straightened up which means the drawers, shelves, over the punch closet holder, and etc. All it takes is a person like me to come to your house to organize your spaces...I love to do this anyways.

My theory is, if your room is a mess and not because its from no space...then that tells me that your living areas are the same way. It's the type of person you are..Is your car like this too...you will not find a piece of trash laying in my car because it still looks like its brand new and my tahoe is 3 years old. I dont tolerate mess! Not in my truck, not my house, and last place...not my stamping room!
My Blog~Bonnie's Creative Corner
Every Job is a Self-Portrait of the Person Who Did It.
Autograph Your Work With Excellence.~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2009, 04:05 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Well I have to say I totally agree with you about living in a mess. No my house is not a mess all around. As you can see from my pictures that I am a bit organized as I can be.

This is honestly the only place in my house to put these things. I have no "stamp room" I have no extra rooms, only 4 bedrooms 2 baths, 1 little living room and dining area.
That's it no basement, attic or garage. My space is limited not really because of a mess but because the only area I have is 7 feet x 5'2 inches closet. All my things are around up against the walls. I have a large area to fit a scrapbox but cannot afford one.

Finally...
A Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2009, 07:19 PM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Default What I have done in my closet

In my closet I have done many projects. I started stamping as a hobby not knowing how it would grow. Let me tell you...I have now been asked to do monthly classes in my church with the Ladies Ministries.

I work full time and take care of my 5 kids with my husband. Some of my girls also craft and stamp with me too.
I make little Valentine's Day cards every year for my 3 Elementary age children and they each have about 20 in their class. I work in a Kindergarten room and I make them for my kids too and that's 20 more. I also do much for my some of the teachers in the school I work in and that need is growing. Right now with most of my things in my closet it is hard as my Cardstock is in another room in a file. As I work I constantly have to get up and go get something.

Well now that I am doing classes for my church I am always making samples for times when they have a special project request. I recently did a Mother/Daughter tea you can see the placecards in my gallery. I made 80 of them with door prizes and other cards items. Yes, in the closet I created the samples to show them. When there is a need they come to me whether it is cards or a display board or invitation for a special event(which by the way I just made 125).

In my class I do not ask for anything except paying for supplies and we make many cards for many of our church groups. Our Woman's Ministry has asked me to supply gift items for single moms coming to our convention. We also send out birthday, bereavement and get well cards. We send them to new members also. Now we will branch out into even more and I am afraid I will not be able to expand in my closet as the ministries do that I am asked to supply.

I continue because of the women that want to come for encouragement and connecting with others in the group. I have had families of 3 generations come to stamp. Grandma, Great grandma and daughters....it is awesome when they bring cousins too!!

I really feel that the Scrapbox would help me keep all my stuff in one place and be able to expand as the need in my church does. I hate to say know to one of their requests because I do not have a table to work on. I want to continue to offer help and encouragement to these women. Some of them just need a place to go and talk as they stamp.

Many of them have asked me now for 2 years to come to my place and stamp and I just don't have the heart to show them I work in a closet. If I had the Scrapbox I would let them come and play on the table too!!! I bet then they would want one too.

Finally...
A Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2009, 09:10 PM   #7  
Kookie Creator

If this is your only place to put your stuff, how do you plan to fit the Scrapbox in there?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 03:05 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunny67View Post
If this is your only place to put your stuff, how do you plan to fit the Scrapbox in there?

I have a very large empty area in my bedroom (I will post a video tomorrow to show it). I have room for the Scrapbox because the way it closes up. No I wouldn't hide that in the closet and the table in it folds away so it is perfect for that space.

I just can't put my small shelves from the closet in that large space because they need corner support so they don't fall over and the stuff doesn't fall out as there are no backs on 2 of them. I didn't want everything falling all over the bedroom because when we do have visiters I allow them to use our bedroom and bath.

So this is the largest closet in my house that I could HIDE my stuff as I was able to border all the walls under the hanging clothes.

Finally...
A Gallery

Last edited by in2stamps; 09-30-2009 at 02:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 03:22 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Well I don't have any cute Songs - I don't have any fancy Poems - I didn't have to move out of a room to let someone come live with me - Although I did take over my husbands closet he always wanted -we use to share a 3'W x 2' D the last place we lived. So I want to give the closet back to him.

I was pretty content with what I had because I didn't know anything else. I made it work for 3years because that was the best we could do. I just love to create for all the ladies I know that need some get together time.

BUT THEN I SAW THE SCRAPBOX AND REALIZED THERE WAS LIFE OUTSIDE THE CLOSET!!!

Reasons I neeeeeeeed this Scrapbox:

1. My 5 kids can never find me. I need to be where they are.

2. I have varicose veins and seriously cannot sit on the floor anymore.

3. My Card Ministry with the ladies at my church is expanding as the Ladies Ministry does and I am afraid of not being able to keep up with it like they need.

4. I have no table and no chair, and no room in there for any.

5. I get tired of running up and down to the computer file for the cardstock once I have sat down in the closet.

6. I am so trying to avoid the mess of stuff thrown all over the rooms like I have seen...I think they just need to throw out and clean it up.

7. Some have waaayyy too much stuff to fit in the Scrapbox. I think I have the perfect amount!!

8. I love to create and want to continue as the Scrapbox would make it so much easier.

So please if you need more pictures I Will send them..If you need more history I will tell you...If you need some Coffee I run the Coffee bar at church too..I will give it!!! If you need more chocolate I am addicted to it and can SHARE!!!!

Thanks I will go start packing up my stamp stuff and get it ready to move into the Scrapbox.

Finally...
A Gallery

Last edited by in2stamps; 09-30-2009 at 03:27 AM.. Reason: had number list wrong
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 05:19 AM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

Oh you poor thing! I can't imagine sitting on the floor to work- especially in a dark closet! I hope you ALL get one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 08:36 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

I entered this contest last night, but seeing some of the other people's situations I don't think I'm the most deserving, so I don't think I'll push my entry.

I really hope you win. You obviously need it! I have 4 kids of my own, so I totally understand where your coming from, I do have a basement however, so I shouldn't complain.

I disagree with Bonnie about your closet being a mess. There were just clothes hanging in the closet. Besides, with 5 kids it's impossible to keep on top of things all the time! I know, I'm there. There are days where I just break down and cry because I can't keep up with my little 2 year old that runs around getting into everything.

I wish you luck!!!

My Blog
I Designed For PaperWorks Co
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 10:02 AM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

I don't know how you can sit in there and work I'd be clausterphobic lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 11:18 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

I dont think you have the room needed for the scrapbox so I will be sure to take it off your hands.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 12:11 PM   #14  
Gabfest Goddess

that closet makes a great place to store all your stuff...what you need is a folding table to put in that large space in your room...problem solved...and the scrapbox can come to me instead...I don't have a storage space...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 01:50 PM   #15  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks so much for your kind words Avery123, that's exactly what it is....the clothes are hanging you know the usual closet stuff has to stay in there. We have a hanging shelf on both sides.

Stampnangel I don't know either....sometimes it is soo hard but I really want to create and offer my church ladies and other groups what they are asking so I just keep at it. I means so much to me to see them encouraged by all I do for them. That's really what keeps me going.

Finally...
A Gallery

Last edited by in2stamps; 09-30-2009 at 02:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 02:02 PM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp bugView Post
that closet makes a great place to store all your stuff...what you need is a folding table to put in that large space in your room...problem solved...and the scrapbox can come to me instead...I don't have a storage space...
That's ok thanks for the offer. The problem is that I need to get that stuff out of my closet and like you get it all in one place. All my cardstock is in the other room under the computer among a few cutting supplies. A folding table doesn't work there as it would have to be gone after every use and you know like I do the Scrapbox is the best and easiest option to doing this. Folding tables tend to never get folded up right away and I am not the type to have it all loaded on the table for days and days and end up with some of the other pictures I have seen.

The idea is put it all away and fold that table up and be done. Thanks Good Luck and hope I win! :-D

Finally...
A Gallery

Last edited by in2stamps; 09-30-2009 at 02:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 02:14 PM   #17  
Embossing Fanatic

I've read your posts and think that competition is not bringing the best out of some people. Bummer. I like to think positively... I think I should win because I want the scrapbox. I think others have compelling stories and I could go on and on about this or that but i won't. My submission is there and I can't spend much more time plugging my post. I feel for you, closet lady, but that's probably why you are so creative. Keep it up, and good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 02:18 PM   #18  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

I Stamp on the 5' x 7' Closet Floor!!
Funny, your closet floor dosen't look stamped upon... :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 02:20 PM   #19  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShannonstamperView Post
Funny, your closet floor dosen't look stamped upon... :p
HAHAHA That's because I always have to put the wood board on the floor.....We rent could you imagine that white rug if I had no board??? Thanks so much for you Kind words. LOL

Finally...
A Gallery

Last edited by in2stamps; 09-30-2009 at 02:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 02:30 PM   #20  
Insane Embellisher

Oh and Well I really don't want to see ANYONE LOSE...So how about I pass it on under TimeShare rules. Please reserve your requested week after November 1st. This will allow me to have some time all to myself. :-D

Finally...
A Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 07:25 PM   #21  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts

I hope you do post a video about the space where you would put the scrapbox

You definitely need something to help...that closet would drive me nuts! By the way, your closet creations are lovely...just think what you could do with more space!!
Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 07:32 PM   #22  
Insane Embellisher

I am sure once you see my video and how hard it is on my family you will agree I do need this Scrapbox more than anyone. I need to come out of that closet so my kids can stop walking around the house asking where I am! (Yes this truly happens as I hear them as I work).

I need organization in one place so I can be right where they are. I want to expand my creativity and if I do imagine the people that will see it and want to buy one. Imagine all those I can share with and introduce to Splitcoaststampers!!

I need it...I need to know there is life beyond the closet walls!! I have put my family 1st in everything and never asked for anything more for a long time...Isn't that worth a Brownie point???

--"THe Closet" Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8bcvPwR8x4

Finally...
A Gallery

Last edited by in2stamps; 10-01-2009 at 02:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 07:38 PM   #23  
Insane Embellisher

[QUOTE=berlycece;15241542]

You definitely need something to help...that closet would drive me nuts! By the way, your closet creations are lovely...just think what you could do with more space!![/QUOTE]

Yes, exactly the reason why I need it...There are so many more projects and ideas I have but it is hard not having it all in one place to do. I did items for a Mother/Daughter tea and filled baskets with covered journals, cards, pens and more that was just beautiful with the Raspberry Tart paper from SU. I am now kicking myself for not taking a picture..it was for a drawing prize. I have wanted to make another to put in my Gallery but haven't really gotten to it.

BUT...If I had that Scrapbox I would have it made in no time. The Scrapbox would help me do it quickly, efficiently, creatively, and worth bragging about.

Oh How I need that Scrapbox!!! Let me Win, Let me Win, Let me Win!!!

please:mrgreen:

Finally...
A Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 02:01 AM   #24  
Insane Embellisher

Well I don't have those songs, Or those crafty Poems. I don't even have a T-Shirt.

But....we are suppose to show where we've been and tell about our crafting roots soo I thought I would share a video with you. All I have is the Real Story!! Hope you Enjoy it and vote for me-I really need to come out of that Closet-I really need that Scrapbox!!!:confused:

This is really how it is...Yes I hear my kids say this all the time....

Click The Link to see my Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8bcvPwR8x4

And Here are my Gallery Pics:
Attached Thumbnails
I Stamp on the 5' x 7' Closet Floor-VIDEO ADDED!!-phto0161.jpg   I Stamp on the 5' x 7' Closet Floor-VIDEO ADDED!!-phto0170.jpg   I Stamp on the 5' x 7' Closet Floor-VIDEO ADDED!!-phto0173.jpg  

Finally...
A Gallery

Last edited by in2stamps; 10-03-2009 at 02:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 03:11 AM   #25  
Insane Embellisher

Ok Judges...I don't really know who you are or how you are judging.

I don't know if you look at funny stories, sad stories, or tragic stories or you judge creativity in how it is presented. Do you look at how many people view our thread or how many comments??? Or how many times we comment on anothers???

Don't really know what you are looking for but ALL I Have is my Real Story...Yes this is how it is. My husband and I have alot of fun with videos and we thought it would be fun to share with you this way. So if for anything else, I had a good time making it.

So please view my Video Here and see how I live.

I am not a clutter mess with things strewn all over the floor. I believe in cleaning up. My house is nice but we all fit just right with no extras. I honestly can not ever see myself affording one of these.

I do believe in taking care of what I have and making the best of it. This is what I have always done so I never thought there was life outside of "The Closet"...till you showed me a better way.

I really need that Scrapbox....and I promise to take good care of it. :mrgree
n:

Finally...
A Gallery

Last edited by in2stamps; 10-01-2009 at 01:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 01:12 PM   #26  
Insane Embellisher

Hi all,
I am home from work now and thought I would post now to let you know I will win this Scrapbox and it really should come to me.

I have alot of items that need to be organized and like I said before...it is time to get out of the closet!

THANK YOU.
My Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8bcvPwR8x4

Finally...
A Gallery

Last edited by in2stamps; 10-01-2009 at 01:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 02:18 PM   #27  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

From the size of the closet looks like the rest of your home must be quite large. Are you sure there isn't another spot you could use, besides if this is the only place you have where are you going to put the piece of furniture.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 02:36 PM   #28  
Insane Embellisher

Well actually my house is not that large. It is large enough for the 7 of us and has 4 bedrooms. We are not cramped but just about fit.

I have a LARGE area in my bedroom that I can put the Scrapbox in...It really is a perfect size space for it- I measured it -did you see my video below where I show that space?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8bcvPwR8x4

There is no other space in the house as the living room is only large enough for couches and dining area is only large enough for a long table/piano and computer desk. It is an older house I rent so I cannot renovate or hang shelves. The shelves the Landlords have up now actually aren't hung well and we have had to rehang some.

Finally...
A Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 04:28 PM   #29  
Cardstock Collector

hmm im confused... why cant you move your other shelves into that open area?

looks like you have made some fun stuff in your little space though!

Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 04:41 PM   #30  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love your video, really cute, and I could not stamp in the closet, I have to have natural light or I go crazy (rather crazier then I already am : )

Good luck ; )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 05:41 PM   #31  
Rubber Obsessor

Oh, a card table would be your friend. Yes, the Workbox would be good for your situation, but I NEED it. It is not a WANT. I NEED it because of the safety it will provide, so boxes don't fall on me and so I don't fall over boxes. I NEED it because of the organization it will bring me. You may be in a closet, but your closet of items are VERY organized compared to my entire craft room!!! I haven't been able to get it all organized because I don't have the containers that I need. If I put something on the 4 shelves I do have, they fall over, fall to the floor, or knock over something else on the shelves.

The Workbox is NECESSARY in my life...

Besides I know plenty of good people who are still "in the closet", and they live perfectly happy lives!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #32  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by dancin n' stampinView Post
hmm im confused... why cant you move your other shelves into that open area?

looks like you have made some fun stuff in your little space though!

Good Luck!
I cannot move the shelves into the other space because they are small and opened backed. They need to be supported by a corner otherwise will fall over.

Finally...
A Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 06:10 PM   #33  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by creativepzazzView Post
Oh, a card table would be your friend. Yes, the Workbox would be good for your situation, but I NEED it. It is not a WANT. I NEED it because of the safety it will provide, so boxes don't fall on me and so I don't fall over boxes. I NEED it because of the organization it will bring me. You may be in a closet, but your closet of items are VERY organized compared to my entire craft room!!! I haven't been able to get it all organized because I don't have the containers that I need. If I put something on the 4 shelves I do have, they fall over, fall to the floor, or knock over something else on the shelves.

The Workbox is NECESSARY in my life...

Besides I know plenty of good people who are still "in the closet", and they live perfectly happy lives!
[B]Alright I have a shelf story. I also have things as you can see in my VIDEO that are on the top of the shelf. Well these shelves were not put in very well and one night my 6foot shelf fell...with all the clothes on it. It was so heavy I could not lift it. My husband was out of town and for a week I had to work with everything nearly buried.

So you see yes it looks organized but I still have more in boxes and all over the place that I NEED - NEED THE WORKBOX!! All of my beautiful Designer Scrapbook Papers are in that cardboard box getting destroyed.

[COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="3"]NO IT IS NOT A WANT----IT IS A NEED! I NEED THAT SCRAPBOX......(Crying on the Floor...stomping foot).

Finally...
A Gallery

Last edited by in2stamps; 10-01-2009 at 07:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 07:13 PM   #34  
Insane Embellisher

Honestly I just don't have anymore plastic drawer space for my things. As you see in MY VIDEO my punches really need to get out of that drawer. I really have trouble finding my glue and my family really has trouble finding me!

I really would like to give my husband his half of the closet back. I really have a hard time with my legs due to the varicose veins and wow did I feel it making those 80 invitations for our Mother/Daughter tea.

I so want to be organized and efficient like the Scrapbox would help me to be ....so I can be readily available to all the ladies that come monthly to my classes. They not only come to make cards but many of them come because they need someone to talk to. Many times I have not felt like going or had a sick kid but knew they counted on me. So many tell me what it means to them to have my class to go to. It is hard not being organized in that area.

Everyday I work in an Elementary School in Kindergarten and need an item I have for the class. It is awful when we have a time schedule and I can't find the item until the very last minute. You can imagine the uses I get out of my punches!!

I am married and have 5 kids. Everyday I return home from work at 4:15 and have 45 minutes to cook then pick up the Field Hockey player and Cheerleader from practice. Then rushing home to make sure homework gets done with the 3 younger ones. My husband has a business I help with, I am a Stampin up demo and a have Spa business. We administrate a Bible College class at our church and are in charge of 12 students. I am also active in many volunteer activities so yes....

WOW I NEED THAT SCRAPBOX TO ORGANIZE THAT PART OF MY LIFE. THIS WILL HELP THE REST OF MY LIFE FLOW A BIT EASIER.
And of course my family will be happier, somedays I don't know how I get through with so much going on. Stamping is just a part of me...has been for 16 years and I want so badly to keep that.

Due to severe Carpel Tunnel Syndrome Staming is the only craft I can continue. I have had to give up Sewing, Crocheting, Knitting, and Embroidery and Cross stitching. All of which I had done for over 20 years.

Finally...
A Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 07:24 PM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't know why everyone is giving you such a hard time...probably because they know that you clearly need this Scrapbox the most and you've got them all scared :twisted:

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 07:40 PM   #36  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avery123View Post
I don't know why everyone is giving you such a hard time...probably because they know that you clearly need this Scrapbox the most and you've got them all scared :twisted:
Thanks - I sure hope that's the case. I am trying hard.

The other day my daughter needed help with a Birthday card for a friend. We only a a few things and she was doing it in her room. Well she ran into my closet to get an alphabet set while I waited. She was gone a long time and when she returned she already had all the words stamped on the card. She had stayed in the closet and did it there! I really got nervous that she was picking up my bad habits. LOL

Unfortunately due to the rush she was in and not having it all right near her, she failed to clean my stamps...covered with the dreaded White Ink. :(
Well at least she came out safe!

Finally...
A Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 07:46 PM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh that white ink is terrible for staining! But I use it all the time anyway

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 12:40 AM   #38  
Hardware Hotshot

Well, if anyone should win the scrapbox it should be you! I thought you meant you stamped in a closet that was no longer a closet. Oh, my...don't you get ink on your clothes??? If you don't win that scrapbox I'd still get out of the closet and set up in that space you were going to put that scrapbox in your bedroom. Just set up a little table. It would have to be better than that closet. Or I would take out my side of the hanging clothing, at least and store in boxes or under the bed or something so there would be more room. I can't figure out how you stamp in there...wow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 03:09 AM   #39  
Insane Embellisher

Well Allistamps123 thanks for being positive for me!

If you read my post it is not possible to set up a permanent table in that space and i have had problems with the folding ones. I really need the workbox idea with everything closing away.

The shelves I have in the closet cannot be set up there as they will fall over.

I cannot take clothes down and store under bed...it has all my gift wrap and some business papers I must keep from my husbands business...so no room.
All those clothes are not extra clothes they are usable now..it just looks like alot because the closet is so small. It was too small to get a picture with the camara so that's why we did the video.

Finally...
A Gallery

Last edited by in2stamps; 10-04-2009 at 04:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 01:13 PM   #40  
Rubber Obsessor

I've looked at several entries, but I could not BELIEVE you have been forced to work in a closet space! Eeek! My knees would have bailed out on me ages ago! And I'm in my 20s... lol!

Well, the real reason I'm commenting here is that I CANNOT BELIEVE the UGLINESS that is coming out of some people in the midst of what I thought was supposed to be a fun contest. I am so sorry that after having the courage to put your PERSONAL business out on the world wide web, you are having to be faced with such negativity. It's such a shame to me.

I assumed that these threads were here for people to promote their own cause, not to tear down other people's.

Anyway, Sorry for the rant, I mean I am just completely appalled at some of the things people are typing. If you don't like it, or don't agree, QUIETLY MOVE ON... but don't be ugly!

Anyway.... lol... Good luck with the contest deary! *stepping down off of my "soap box"*
Reply With Quote Likes