Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-27-2009, 12:27 PM   #41  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I had been storing my Nesties in CD cases with magnets and it was okay . . . but I wasn't wild about it. I especially didn't like it much when I got the long rectangles because everything didn't "match" if you know what I mean.

Well, I got out my Power Sort box and got some magnet sheets and am AMAZED at how little space this storage system requires. I have plenty of room to grow (which is a good thing since I love Nesties) and my long rectangles fit too! I absolutely LOVE it.

Thank you so much for sharing this awesome idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2009, 12:29 PM   #42  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusanAWoodruffView Post
I thought storing the nesties on magnetic sheets in the CM mini storage box was a terrific idea. I rushed out to purchase the sheets. Now I'm having trouble getting them to stay on the sheet once I stand it up. Any special trick to this? I'd appreciate any hints. Thanks, Susan

I'm not sure what hint to give you. Mine works great. I bought my magnets at JoAnn's. They come in 4x6 sheets and are about $6--but I had coupons and didn't really need much else. Maybe your magnets aren't strong enough? The only Nesties that fall off of mine are the ones that don't have total contact with the magnet and I just put them on the other half of the card instead of trying to store two sets on each front.

Make sense?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2009, 12:42 PM   #43  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

This is more or less the same idea -but I just went to my local dollar store, and purchased 20 ! 5x7 magnetic photo holders - the kind that you would stick on your fridge. They were 1.25 each in Canada, so I assume they might be cheaper in the US.

Then I just put my nesties - each different set onto the magnetic rectangle - pulled off the photo plastic first - and then piled them all up into a plastic box that closes! It hardly takes up any room - and my nesties are all safe and accesible!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2009, 06:18 PM   #44  
Matboard Maniac

Wow! This is the idea for me!! Guess what I am going to do??

Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2009, 08:41 PM   #45  
Glitter Queen

It sounds like there's some interest in magnet sheets for nestabilities. I mentioned awhile ago that I got vent cover magnetc sheets at Bed, Bath & Beyond...3/9.99 (used coupon, so 20% off of that). I double-side taped mine to foam core (so they'd be totally flat), then mounted the foam core inside my cabinets with removable 3M tape. The sheets are each large enough to cover a vent (like a/c or heat comes out of), so are larger than JoAnn's and work great for the 12" dies, too. Everyone has great ideas.....Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2009, 09:13 PM   #46  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by janroysView Post
It sounds like there's some interest in magnet sheets for nestabilities. I mentioned awhile ago that I got vent cover magnetc sheets at Bed, Bath & Beyond...3/9.99 (used coupon, so 20% off of that). I double-side taped mine to foam core (so they'd be totally flat), then mounted the foam core inside my cabinets with removable 3M tape. The sheets are each large enough to cover a vent (like a/c or heat comes out of), so are larger than JoAnn's and work great for the 12" dies, too. Everyone has great ideas.....Janet
what is removable 3M tape?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2009, 10:28 PM   #47  
Glitter Queen

To answer the question..."What is removable 3M tape".......It comes in a package with instructions. You can mount things on walls, cupboards, etc, and the special component of the tape, along with a tab, allows you to take the tape off the wall (or wherever you put it) without damaging sheetrock, cabinetry. Some tapes have hooks to hang things, but what I used is without hooks, so acts like 2-sided tape...just removable without leaving a sticky mess or damaging walls/cabinetry. It can be found in any store like Menard's, Home Depot, hardware stores, etc. I think even Michaels may carry it. Hope that helps......Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2009, 07:22 PM   #48  
Matboard Maniac

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scamper64View Post
I'm not sure what hint to give you. Mine works great. I bought my magnets at JoAnn's. They come in 4x6 sheets and are about $6--but I had coupons and didn't really need much else. Maybe your magnets aren't strong enough? The only Nesties that fall off of mine are the ones that don't have total contact with the magnet and I just put them on the other half of the card instead of trying to store two sets on each front.

Make sense?
Susan, These are the same magnets I bought. I also bought another kind of magnets sheets at JoAnn's. They are a little bigger and don't have adhesive on the back so I used my ATG gun to adhere them to the plastic cards. I have not had any problems with them falling off. I did have the same problem with the scallop squares not making full contact with the magnet sheet, so I put half of them on the back. I really hope you can get this to work, because it will really save you storage space. I think that the key is to maybe have a stronger magnet. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2009, 07:33 AM   #49  
Kookie Creator

I bought a single 9x12 magnetic sheet at ACM. The label says it is self-adhesive, but I can't seem to peel off the backing. Any suggestions?

Leftcoaststamper~thank you so much for this idea and all of the info. I received my CM box and I have started to get my nesties organized.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2009, 02:20 PM   #50  
Glitter Queen

I'd suggest trying to heat it a bit with a hair dryer a section at a time, and see if it will peel off. If not, I'd return it for different ones or a refund.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2009, 03:29 PM   #51  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

To answer the question..."What is removable 3M tape".......It comes in a package with instructions. You can mount things on walls, cupboards, etc, and the special component of the tape, along with a tab, allows you to take the tape off the wall (or wherever you put it) without damaging sheetrock, cabinetry. Some tapes have hooks to hang things, but what I used is without hooks, so acts like 2-sided tape...just removable without leaving a sticky mess or damaging walls/cabinetry. It can be found in any store like Menard's, Home Depot, hardware stores, etc. I think even Michaels may carry it. Hope that helps......Janet
That is good to know thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2009, 01:08 PM   #52  
Gallery Gazer

Great idea! Just what I was looking for! TFS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 11:00 AM   #53  
Cardstock Collector

Thank you so much for this GREAT idea. I went home last night after reading this and started origanizing my dies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 01:46 PM   #54  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love that idea. I don't happen to have a cm box nor do I want to order from cm so I got to thinking, i love to alter tins and I have lunch tins left over from when that was all the craze, I will just make the divider pages with cs or index cards put some magnetic pieces on and use a punch to make the name dividers. thanks for the great idea.
I currently have them in dvd tins with magnetic paper (?) on them but when you pop them open or close them the nesties fall off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 02:19 PM   #55  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by leftcoastcrafterView Post
I had been keeping my Nestabilities in a binder with magnet pages. This system seemed to work pretty well except that the magnet pages were flexible and when I would turn the pages some of the dies would fall off.
I had a Creative Memories photo box that wasn't being used and had extra white plastic divider cards. These boxes are great. I use them to store my photos in. They come with 3 box inserts inside. I used my ATG gun to adhere magnet sheets to the plastic cards. As you can see, you can store 2 sets on each card of some of the sets. I put squares & rectangles (will hold long rectangles) in one of the box inserts and circles and ovals in another and labels in the third. There is still plenty of room for more.
what an excellent idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 07:26 PM   #56  
Crimping Master

Fantastic idea!! (and I have a couple hanging around!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 08:02 PM   #57  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

THIS I LOVE!! Thanks for the great tip!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 11:12 AM   #58  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 667 Likes on 419 Posts

Quote:

I thought storing the nesties on magnetic sheets in the CM mini storage box was a terrific idea. I rushed out to purchase the sheets. Now I'm having trouble getting them to stay on the sheet once I stand it up. Any special trick to this? I'd appreciate any hints. Thanks, Susan
this has happened to me too, so what i noticed is if you put the top side of the die ( the non cutting side) it has more metal to connect with the magnet and it should hold it on the sheet better then putting them cut side to the magnet. hth,

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 07:50 PM   #59  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Someone awhile ago suggested storing nestabilities on magnetic sheets. She said she got them at Bed, Bath & Beyond. Sure enough...I got them and LOVE the way they store. They are magnetic vent covers, come 3 in a box and fit perfectly inside my cabinetry doors. I attached them to the door by double-side taping them to foam core (to add stiffness), then fastened them to my wood doors with 3M removable tapes (so I wouldn't damage the wood). They are just perfect and this method doesn't require additional containers...just open my door and there they are all for viewing and choosing. Just another method that works extremely well. Thanks to whoever originally suggested it...
This is what 3M calls the Command system. Command Hooks, Command Tape, etc. It seals to the wall, then there is a tab you pull when you want it to release from the wall. It does not leave any marks on most surfaces, and I know for a fact that the hooks can hold a fair bit of weight! I know when I put the hooks up, I had to apply them to the wall for a few hours before I put weight on them, don't know if the Command mounting tape is the same or not.

I had not thought about using that tape for mounting in my craft room, thanks for the idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2010, 02:43 PM   #60  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Not sure if this would help, but I put mine in a sheet protector that I've modified. It keeps them together, even if they fall off the magnets... Plus, I'm keeping them on the stiff chipboard that it came on, so it's not getting flexed very often.

It's the same method I mentioned earlier today for embossing folders and dies. I posted a tutorial for it on my blog if you guys are interested.

My Custom Storage Solution

Blog: Green Isles
Blog Design: Design by Tee

Artfire: Green Isles Crafts

I design for: Creative Sketches
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2010, 04:29 PM   #61  
Kookie Creator

Default LOVE THIS IDEA!!

Quote:

I had been keeping my Nestabilities in a binder with magnet pages. This system seemed to work pretty well except that the magnet pages were flexible and when I would turn the pages some of the dies would fall off.
I had a Creative Memories photo box that wasn't being used and had extra white plastic divider cards. These boxes are great. I use them to store my photos in. They come with 3 box inserts inside. I used my ATG gun to adhere magnet sheets to the plastic cards. As you can see, you can store 2 sets on each card of some of the sets. I put squares & rectangles (will hold long rectangles) in one of the box inserts and circles and ovals in another and labels in the third. There is still plenty of room for more.
Especially ...being a former CM Consultant and a small box of these photo boxes inleft over invetnory. However, I have been giving them away like mad lately, hope that I have enough remaining for this idea!

Wonderful!! Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 05:11 PM   #62  
Stampin' Fool

What a great idea for storing nesties. Thanks for sharing!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2011, 08:08 PM   #63  
Pearl-ExPert

Subbing for this awesome idea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #64  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannypatView Post
I use a different method. On the front of our phone books, is a magnetic square that goes on the refrigerator. Just advertisement things. Well I take those off and put in a cd case and put the nesties in there. They cling to the magnet and stay all nice. I put each set to a case.
Me too, then I put them in shoe boxes, then just flip thru them. Works great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2011, 01:08 PM   #65  
Glitter Queen

Fantastic! That was next on my "figure out a better way to store this" list!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2011, 05:31 AM   #66  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I had been keeping my Nestabilities in a binder with magnet pages. This system seemed to work pretty well except that the magnet pages were flexible and when I would turn the pages some of the dies would fall off...................
Your idea so inspired me that I modelled my storage after yours. Thanks!

You can see it here: Paper Castle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2011, 09:25 AM   #67  
Cardstock Collector

I love, love, love these ideas!!! I recently "discovered" the Nestabilities at a recent scrapbook convention (I'm also new to scrapbooking!). Because I just have to have everything, I've almost outgrown my current craft "area", so I'm just about to relocate it and completely reorganize it so not only is this perfect timing, it's such a clever idea!! Thank you so much for sharing!! (even if it was 2 years ago!!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2011, 09:22 AM   #68  
Glitter Queen

Smile Still a good system?

Hi I am looking for a system to store my spellbinders and this looks great. I have gone on the CM site though and it looks like they only sell the big box with 2 mini boxes inside. I notice this is an old post but wondered if those that are using are still liking this system. I was thinking about using the sheets that hold the cling mount with a mag strip in a binder box but I like that they are all contained in one unit in this system. Would really appreciate hearing back from those that chose to use this method and see if you still like it.....Time is always the true test
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2011, 10:58 AM   #69  
Rubber Obsessor

Sharon, the CM photo box is still a good system and works well for me. I use a full magnet sheet on each divider. If you use only strips on the dividers it will not hold securely. My first choice would be the magnet strips that are used in the kitchen for knives. I couldn't afford that at the time and the CM photo boxes I already owned. I'm confident that whatever system you choose to use will be good. Have fun organizing your tools and creative space. Lolita
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2011, 12:28 PM   #70  
Glitter Queen

Thanks so much Lolita, I think I am going to go with this system, thanks for the extra info on the magnets. Excited to get it all done, will let you know how it works for me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2011, 03:43 AM   #71  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolita29View Post
Sharon, the CM photo box is still a good system and works well for me. I use a full magnet sheet on each divider. If you use only strips on the dividers it will not hold securely. My first choice would be the magnet strips that are used in the kitchen for knives. I couldn't afford that at the time and the CM photo boxes I already owned. I'm confident that whatever system you choose to use will be good. Have fun organizing your tools and creative space. Lolita
I'm using a deep plastic box I found at Michaels. It may be a photo box but seems kind of deep for that? You can view more on my blog: Paper Castle

I agree with Lolita re the magnets. Don't scrimp on those. I get mine at the dollar store. They come in packages of 2 and they're 4x6 for $1.25 or something like that.

Also, if you're going with a stand up approach, you'll want to use something really sturdy to mount them on. This is the single weakness to this approach. The weight of the magnets and dies will cause the material you mounted them on to bow over time, and then it won't really matter how much magnet you use, they're going to fall off.

I don't think there's a silver bullet perfect system. If you put them in a binder, and you have lots of dies, you're likely going to have more than one binder. I like the idea of having them all in a single location.

Make sure to take photos when you're done. Who knows . . . you might come up with some improvement ideas to inspire the rest of us.

Last edited by wenchie; 09-19-2011 at 03:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2011, 01:12 PM   #72  
Hardware Hotshot

Great idea! My problem is I only have one set of nesties....so my problem I have no storage problems because I don't have any!!! ;(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2011, 10:39 AM   #73  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow great idea!

Right now I'm storing mine in one of those Quckutz Magnetic Storage boards.

See here: Deprecated Browser Error

Right now I have 2 and need 2 more. I like these cause I can store a lot in a small space. Plus I know need to take the whole container with me. When I'm going to a friends house to stamp.

I also used a 40% off coupon on mine. Plus Hobby Lobby only carries 1 per store. So beware of this.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2011, 06:13 AM   #74  
Glitter Queen

Thanks Wenchie for the updates, will be sure to get bigger magnets, nice to meet a fellow Canadian Nancy, thanks for showing me the QK binder, it might be a great solution for all the small dies that are coming out...don't have alot of those yet but definately planning on getting some!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2011, 05:34 AM   #75  
Pearl-ExPert

I bought the vent cover magnets and cut the sheets down. Right now they fit in an empty clamshell case, but if I add my new ones they won't. I use photo boxes for most of my storage so expanding to this looks promising.

You could use any heavy cardstock or light chipboard to make dividers. Then use a tab punch to add tabs. Think I might try it! Bet I will use them more.

TFS!

My new favorite site...
My Create, Ink -- COLOR LAB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2011, 09:41 AM   #76  
Matboard Maniac

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes, I am still using this system and it continues to work for me. The CM box is what I used because thats what I had at the time. There are other photo boxes I have seen since that would work great. Cropper Hopper make a nice sturdy plastic that I think would work great. I do really like the plastic divider cards that I got from CM thou. I am not sure if other companies out there also sell something similar. The magnet sheets that I am using now are the rolls of self-adhesive magnets sold at Michael's. Good luck with your project!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharoninksterView Post
Hi I am looking for a system to store my spellbinders and this looks great. I have gone on the CM site though and it looks like they only sell the big box with 2 mini boxes inside. I notice this is an old post but wondered if those that are using are still liking this system. I was thinking about using the sheets that hold the cling mount with a mag strip in a binder box but I like that they are all contained in one unit in this system. Would really appreciate hearing back from those that chose to use this method and see if you still like it.....Time is always the true test
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2011, 10:31 AM   #77  
Matboard Maniac

Great ideas! I think I am going to give the CD cases a go. Pretty sure I have all the stuff here, so I won't have to spend more money to do it, lol!

My Stamping Pad
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2011, 06:05 PM   #78  
Crimping Master

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2View Post
Wow great idea!

Right now I'm storing mine in one of those Quckutz Magnetic Storage boards.

See here: Deprecated Browser Error

Right now I have 2 and need 2 more. I like these cause I can store a lot in a small space. Plus I know need to take the whole container with me. When I'm going to a friends house to stamp.

I also used a 40% off coupon on mine. Plus Hobby Lobby only carries 1 per store. So beware of this.
Hi Nancy,

How many sets of Nesties can be stored in one of these binders? Do they have multiple pages, or are they just a folder?

My Gallery
Capricious Creations

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2011, 03:47 AM   #79  
Matboard Maniac

I use the Quickutz binders to store my spellbinders. Depending on the set size in the regular I have 4 per page (8 per binder). I can store two sets of grands in one and I have all the Edgeabilties in one. I really like these as they sit on a shelf or fit in a drawer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2011, 09:42 AM   #80  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinspyView Post
Hi Nancy,

How many sets of Nesties can be stored in one of these binders? Do they have multiple pages, or are they just a folder?

I have 5 set per page. I put in 4 of the bigger set's and 1 smaller set.

The size 8 1/2" x 11" with two full pages to store them on.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes