Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #41  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find that if things are out of sight they are also out of mind so I have a plastic shoe box w/o the lid. I set dies and EFs on end and just pull the box out of the desk cabinet when I go in to work. It may not be the best system but it works for me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2011, 02:02 AM   #42  
Die Cut Diva

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampindollView Post
I find that if things are out of sight they are also out of mind so I have a plastic shoe box w/o the lid. I set dies and EFs on end and just pull the box out of the desk cabinet when I go in to work. It may not be the best system but it works for me.
I agree, thats exactly the problem. That was why I made my sampler of the designs, so they were hanging in plain sight all the time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51View Post
In a pile in a box...???

I'm like you, only mine are .....

scattered all over my stamp room and I can never find the one I'm looking for when I want it

:rolleyes:

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2011, 03:21 PM   #44  
Polyshrink Goddess

I used to keep mine all in the original packaging, but I got tired of taking them out and putting them back in all the time. I used my DYMO Label Maker to print the name of each folder and attached it to the top corner of my embossing folder. Now, I keep them all unpackaged in a small canvas bin that I picked up at the dollar store. I keep my Cuttlebug plates and other accessories in there as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2011, 07:49 AM   #45  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I store mine in an old Princess House crystal napkin holder. It's the kind you would fold the napkins and place them "standing up." I only have about 7 folders and they fit perfectly. It's right next to my Big Shot. I labeled each one with my P-Touch labeler because I can't remember the names of them.;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #46  
Matboard Maniac

I store mine in a "Really Useful Box" from Staples. (Holds about 50 A2 size standing upright) I haveanother one that I put 5x7 turned on its side. I have labeled them at th top with a P-Touch label maker, and before I throw out the packaging I cut out the design and have a little book I keep them in for reference, but I rarely refer toit. I love these boxes because they have a detachable lid with handles that lock te top on. Hope you find a system that works for you.

Last edited by goodgram64; 10-18-2011 at 03:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 09:10 AM   #47  
Die Cut Diva

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodgram64View Post
I sore min i a "Really Useful Box from Staples. (Holds about 50 A2 size standing upright) I haveanother one that I put 5x7 turned on its side. I have labeled them at th top with a P-Touch label maker, and before I throw out the packaging I cut out the design and have a little book I keep them in for reference, but I rarely refer toit. I love these boxes because they have a detachable lid with handles that lock te top on. Hope you find a system that works for you.
I am 100% with you on the Really Useful Boxes!. My room is full of them, in all shapes & sizes- My hubby says its a fetish, lol. But they really are exactly what they say, and I think the handles are the best, even for someone with poor mobility/arthritis etc- there is just not the slightest difficulty in opening or locking them. Do you know that you can even replace damaged lids, if you go to their website?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #48  
Matboard Maniac

Thumbs up Really Useful Boxes

Glad to see another fan of these boxes. I have them in different sizes for other things too. They occasionally run on sale if you are patient. Didn't know about the lid replacement. Thanks for the info.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 04:04 PM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

hmmmm.... guess I need to check out Staples.

wondering if those boxes would work for my nesties

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #50  
Crimping Master

I'd love to be a fan but haven't been able to source the ones I'd especially like (the 12x12 paper storage) in Aus. :
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #51  
Matboard Maniac

Post Nestie Storage

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue AltView Post
hmmmm.... guess I need to check out Staples.

wondering if those boxes would work for my nesties
I don't think there is a "Really Useful Box" that is a good size for Nesties, but I store my Nesties in a plastic file folder type thing that is supposed to be used for checks I think (about the size of a #10 envelope). They have them at the office supply and I got some at the dollar tree. They fit the original packaging for most Nesties and hold several in one folder. It has plastic dividers with a place for labels. I printed small labels with my P-touch, but it is easy to flip through and see which one you want. Sorry to sidetrack the subject.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2011, 12:38 PM   #52  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodgram64View Post
I don't think there is a "Really Useful Box" that is a good size for Nesties, but I store my Nesties in a plastic file folder type thing that is supposed to be used for checks I think (about the size of a #10 envelope). They have them at the office supply and I got some at the dollar tree. They fit the original packaging for most Nesties and hold several in one folder. It has plastic dividers with a place for labels. I printed small labels with my P-touch, but it is easy to flip through and see which one you want. Sorry to sidetrack the subject.

ooo... that's a great idea. I could label the outside with the basic shape, like ovals and then put all the different kinds of oval dies in the same holder.

going on my "gotta have it" list.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #53  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have mine in a cd/dvd cardboard storage from the stationary section of walmart. I put a piece of cardstock embossed in front of the folder, then when one is out I can figure out which one it is and put it back.

Thanks for sharing!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2011, 05:09 PM   #54  
Polyshrink Goddess

I use the Quickutz magnetic folders for the Nesties. These are awesome!! I have two of them full of Nesties. I use my label maker to put a label under each set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2011, 03:16 AM   #55  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyWyfView Post
I fell in love with this at least a year ago when she shared it in this forum: Foam Core CB storage by wenchie - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I got everything needed to make the box, and intended to make it. But I was still moving in, and realized that my storage needed to be in a drawer or cabinet for now. Walmart has a section of office supplies in various colors (matching file folders, document keepers, cd holders, etc) so for now that's what I'm using. The CD storage is a PERFECT size for embossing folders and holds quite a few. Once my retired stamps are unmounted into the DVD cases I'll have more shelf space and will make a storage box like Wenchie did!

I did make samples of my folders though, like she did. They're in a book here in my room. The pics are dark-ish, but I'll try to add them.
It's so pretty! I didn't pretty mine up at all. I think I was having a "guy" moment and just doing practical. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2011, 10:25 AM   #56  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,042 Likes on 478 Posts

Thank you!
"And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works," Hebrews 10:24
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2011, 02:19 PM   #57  
Embossing Fanatic

What i did was embossed a card front of each one, put the name on it and put them in 4x6 photo albums i found at the 2nd hand store. i then took an old shoe box and some small file dividers and sorted them alphabetically. now i can simply grab the photo album, pick one out i like, pull it out to make sure i like it for the project, and away i go. i also did this with my small diecuts too. really helped me realize all i have and i tend to use them more now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2011, 10:17 AM   #58  
Compulsive Stamper

I loved the idea of making an album (Wenchie's post) with all the examples in it. What if you used the same idea but used envelopes with the actual folder embossed on the envelope (just like the album) but then you could insert the plastic embossing folder into the coordinating envelope in the album?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2011, 01:18 PM   #59  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by DauberdooView Post
I loved the idea of making an album (Wenchie's post) with all the examples in it. What if you used the same idea but used envelopes with the actual folder embossed on the envelope (just like the album) but then you could insert the plastic embossing folder into the coordinating envelope in the album?
I think that sounds like a good idea

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2011, 04:10 PM   #60  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 247 Likes on 133 Posts

I store mine in plastic photo pages that fit in a binder. Just the turn of a page and I can see several at a time. They make pages that work for all the sizes the folders come in. The photos below show a couple of views. I store my Nesties and other dies the same way.
Attached Thumbnails
How do you store Embossing folders ?-img_2548.jpg   How do you store Embossing folders ?-img_2549.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2011, 05:00 AM   #61  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my system, it's the only organizing system I use that I love. LOL. I have a DVD box from walmart, the one that's $7 white heavy board. I've embossed each folder on a 5x7 white cardstock, printed the name at the top and placed in alpha order with the EF behind. A few of mine have dies that match. Those I've placed behind the EF, if not full sized, I just slipped them into a regular envy. I also, put the narrow EF, I think they are borders, into envy's and filed the same way. I have over 25 EF, with a mix of dies included and still have room left.
Kathy T
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2011, 08:43 AM   #62  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by DauberdooView Post
I didn't emboss my envelopes, but I labeled them with my labeler. I used the 6"x9" manila envelope, removed the metal clasp, sealed it, cut it in half, cut a half circle finger pull and they're the perfect size for embossing folders!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2011, 02:01 PM   #63  
Stazon Splitcoast

Another one for the CD boxes (though I love Really Useful boxes they wouldn't work for what I wanted (too bulky).

I use the black Walmart CD boxes with the lid attached.

I store my EF's on their sides (have used my Dymo to label)

I store my Spellbinders dies on vent covers cut down (about 5 in x 8 in) (labelled) - the magnets make this box heavy but I love the direct accessability of the dies though I need to make dividers as they magnetize together.

I have another two boxes with unmounted stamps in paper CD holders (the ones with the clear front).

I like this because I can get uniformity with my storage (the black with silver) which helps my creativity.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2011, 10:34 AM   #64  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here is my new system I just got finished last weekend. This is if you have a lot of folders. Prior to this.. they fit great in a drawer of the 4-drawer type Jetmax cubes.

Stacy's Stampin' Scrappin' Stuff: A2 Embossing Folder File Cabinet

Ready for Spring!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2011, 01:17 PM   #65  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJh2oskiView Post
Here is my new system I just got finished last weekend. This is if you have a lot of folders. Prior to this.. they fit great in a drawer of the 4-drawer type Jetmax cubes.

Holy Cow, lady! You have a lot of embossing folders and have come up with a sensational way to store them all. Doubt I would live long enough to own that many folders, so my binder will probably do me. You are very organized!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #66  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Glad I read this post ... I almost didn't becuase I thought my system was awwwwsome! ... Now I know better! I have mine stored in plastic DVD cases and SU! plastic cases (which easily hold up to three 5 x 7 folders) ... but I have quite a few folders and this system really takes up space. After reading this I think I will be digging out a metal craft box I bought but never did anything with and see what I can do with it. TFS!
“Don’t ever forget that you’re a citizen of this world, and there are things you can do to lift the human spirit, things that are easy, things that are free, things that you can do every day: civility, respect, kindness, character.” ~ Aaron Sorkin
My Gallery
Featured Stamper FS739 April 4, 21
My Blog
Administrator for The Outlawz Challenges

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2011, 11:37 AM   #67  
Hardware Hotshot

After all the great ideas here I took the "cheap /lazy" way
Hobby Lobby has their Christmas boxes at 50% off.

I borrowed a Cuttlebug embossing folder package to use to measure and found a box that fits the package "backing" with the picture of the folder. After I found the correct size box I put the CB folder package back on the display
This way I didn't need to run a sample of the folder or make labels. I used the package backing as the dividers.
For the 5" x 7" size I had to trim the package backing a tad to make it fit, but the printed picture is there.

With the bubble plastic packaging gone I have lots of space in the box. It is easy to just finger through the dividers to find what I want. Plus I don't need to fiddle with the packaging to put the folder back in the original package.

Embossing folder storage solved 8-) Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2011, 11:55 AM   #68  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJh2oskiView Post

Wow I didn't realize there were this many different embossing folders available !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2011, 07:12 PM   #69  
Crimping Master

I'm with you Barbara Jay. I like flipping through and I don't like putting things back in packets.

It's the KISS method for me every time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2011, 09:54 PM   #70  
Matboard Maniac

A few years back, maybe 2yrs I was shopping the Q during one of those 24hr crafting shows and LB was showcasing some photo boxes and I purchased them for my pic; however since 've started purchasing embossing folders I have began using the photo storage container to store my folders and they work great. The boxes came with containers for storing pic and labels so that you could identify what each folder contained...absolutely perfect for the A2 folders as well as the smaller sets. I'll try to post pics if possible.
Attached Thumbnails
How do you store Embossing folders ?-img000125.jpg   How do you store Embossing folders ?-img000126.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2011, 11:31 PM   #71  
Embossing Fanatic

Smile How I store my embossing folders

I have close to 130 of them and I numbered each one of them with a green circle dot in the upper left corner. I store them in a drawer in a small chest of drawers in my stamp room. I then embossed each one of them and have a small photo album that has those embossed samples in it in numerical order. I can flip thru the book for inspiration, go to that filed number find the folder I want use it and put it back in the drawer. I am no longer hunting for stuff and it takes up so little space. An added bonus is when friends come over they too can flip thru my book and decide which embossing folder they would like to use...........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2011, 04:41 AM   #72  
Inking Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok lookit! I don't know who you people are, or who you work for, but I had dreams about REALLY USEFUL BOXES all night!!

Get outta my head!

:-P

THEY HAVE PURPLE???!!?!??!?!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2011, 06:06 AM   #73  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by diecutDivaView Post
I have close to 130 of them and I numbered each one of them with a green circle dot in the upper left corner. I store them in a drawer in a small chest of drawers in my stamp room. I then embossed each one of them and have a small photo album that has those embossed samples in it in numerical order. I can flip thru the book for inspiration, go to that filed number find the folder I want use it and put it back in the drawer. I am no longer hunting for stuff and it takes up so little space. An added bonus is when friends come over they too can flip thru my book and decide which embossing folder they would like to use...........
this is the idea that I know will work for me. thank you so much for sharing.

I am thinking of taking it one step further in that I will also mark the label with the name of the manufacturer (if not printed on the folder) - that way I can double check for duplicates. Because of my lack of organization, I am sure I have duplicates :rolleyes:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2011, 06:18 AM   #74  
Embossing Fanatic

Default another tip for this system I use

I found my photo album at a thrift store for $1 probably holds 200 photos, has a vinyl cover and button/loop closure so is durable. I got a ton of round circle stickers at a flea market, big huge roll for $1 and the chest of drawers I have em stored in came from a thrift shop. Easy peasy, cheap.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2011, 06:19 AM   #75  
Embossing Fanatic

Default when I set up this system I did

organize my embossing folders by theme, so all the greeting ones are together, backgrounds together, fall together, xmas together, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2011, 07:04 AM   #76  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by diecutDivaView Post
organize my embossing folders by theme, so all the greeting ones are together, backgrounds together, fall together, xmas together, etc.
I like this idea, as it is how I stamp and organize my stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2011, 02:19 PM   #77  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by NjoilifView Post
I use a CD/DVD Storage box I purchased at Walmart from their office supply area. This small box comes in different colors and it is a wonderful, compact, economical (about $7) solution as it holds over 30+ EF in upright positions. The cover lifts and has a ribbon inside to hold the lid wide open while I search for my EF. It defintively works great for me. Mine sits next to my big shot and cuttlebug machines.

Walmart.com: Electronics: Office: Office Supplies: Desk Accessories
I do the same thing. Those boxes seem like they're just made for the EF. I use my P-Touch label maker to put the name on the top of each EF, and I keep a list of the folders in the front of the box. It's so convenient just being able to grab the box to look through the EFs. I use another box to hold my Nestabilities. I use a thin/sturdy piece of cardboard (dividers from Fancy Feast) with a piece of magnetic vent cover glued to it to hold each set of Nestabilities. Again I use my P-Touch to put the name of each Nestabilities on the top of each cardboard. Then I fill the box with the Nestabilities in alphabetical order. This seems to work for most sizes of Nestabilities. I keep both boxes in a rectangular basket and just grab the basket when I need an EF or set of Nestabilities.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2011, 08:14 AM   #78  
Matboard Maniac

I have some of my nestabilities stored on the Xyron magnetic 5" for the 510 model. They can be cut to any length and work similarly to the vent covers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #79  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm getting on this thread a little late. Just discovered a new storage option for my embossing folders last night while I was cleaning my stamp area (still unpacking after moving almost a year ago). I had bought a SU! ribbon holder and hated it for storing the large spools of grogain ribbon. It is the perfect size for embossing folders. I cut the top of the box off, added a little sticky strip where needed to stabilize it again and it works perfectly! I even put some of my wafer dies and embosslits in as well. I've used my labeling machine to put the names on the embossing folders so I can page through them like a filing cabinet. I love most of all that this was free!

As my best friend says, "Stamping....it's cheaper than therapy" to which I add, "Not by much".

My mom was the proud recipient of my first handmade card. Cost $200.

~My Gallery~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2011, 07:18 AM   #80  
Glitter Guru

I store my embossing folders in a CD box bought from Office Max. Then I put dividers per brand:

TINKER PLANET - My Planet 2011
Reply With Quote Likes