Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Hoping for my luck to change & win :)

I am sure there are many deserving people out there but here is my story and why I would appreciate winning.

In the past 6 months we have been hit by the recession. Fortunately we now have a roof over our head and all 5 of us are all healthy. Unfortunately, my husband recently lost his job (company went bankrupt) and we lost our home without his income. We had to move to a new city, and we have rented a home (thanks to the aid of family) and have had to downsize considerably.

Through all this I have had loyal Stampin' Up customers. I am a demo who has had to "start again" in a new place. This little bit of income (teaching classes) has certainly helped us and we need to continue growing my business. In saying that, my "oh so very large and cushy" craft room is no longer. I now share a 10x10 room with my children's toys in the basement. Which as you can image makes it difficult to fit 14 people in for classes.

The system I have now doesn't compare to the old system. In attempts to save our house I sold many of our shelving systems at garage sales/to customers to try and make ends meet. Right now I am using old dressers and a shoe rack for my inks-lol.

Although I know many people would love this system, I would appreciate it immensely if I could have it. I would be able to store away my craft items safely away from the kids, and still give them room to play with their toys. I think this would also help in my business as I would be able to find products easily to show to customers. I always say creating new cards takes me away from reality to my "happy place" I would love my happy place to be neatly organized. The thought of "a spot for everything and everything in its place" would be heavenly. Just imagining walking into the room , opening the cabinet, sipping some tea, easily getting out what I want makes me smile

Thanks so much for considering us
God Bless

p.s I can't take any pictures of my room :( One of the many things broken in the move (including our tv) was the camera *sigh*
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 03:53 PM   #2  
Cardstock Collector

Smile Life is rough - I need a smile!

Ten months ago my husband lost his job and I had taken a leave of absence so that I could help move our family to a new area(I thank God everyday that our home didn't sell or we would have no home to live in). Being that I was on leave - I couldn't find a real job anywhere. I am thankful that we had a savings account to fall back on and family to help so that we wouldn't lose everything. But it has been so very hard and frustrating.
Now I am back at work, but have recently reviewed the income and budget and have calculated that there is no way we can really make it on my income. Card making has been my only vice. I am a demonstrator and have tried so hard to make some money, but the bills are so outrageous that I am barely above water. My costumers have been so encouraging and have attended events and placed orders - which I am very grateful for.
For months I have put my family first - which is what any good mother would do. I haven't bought myself any new clothes or shoes and spend money only on food for our family. I had to ask our parents to take our children school shopping for the needed supplies and begged them to wait to purchase them any clothes until winter clothes appeared in the store because I knew they needed new winter clothes and not any more summer clothes.
I would love for a chance to win this organizer. Making cards is my own little piece of heaven - it helps make the rough parts of life disappear. I have faith that the economy is going to turn around and that my husband will find a job again. We will make it because we have learned to survive without. I just don't want it to last forever. I know this is something that I would never be able to purchase for myself and would fell guilty if I did because it looks very expensive. The person who wins this should be extremely grateful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 11:31 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

So many of us have been hit by this recession. I am just so thankful for my children's good health, the roof over our head, and each other. Thank you for sharing your story too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 06:57 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

mstwin459,

Share with us:
(1) why you craft
(2) what you do with your completed handcrafted projects, and
(3) what the biggest impact any of your projects has had on you, someone else, or the world at large!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 10:36 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

lol-that's super easy!

1) I have always crafted. Since I was six my biggest joy was receiving crafting supplies at my birthdays. It brings me joy and a sense of peace. (Since I have had kids I use the term " my stress reliever" )-lol

2) I donate my cards (that I use for samples) to my church. I have found a need there and it gives me great pleasure to know that I have helped to brighten people's day. In fact, I have been asked to start up a card ministry at church and will be getting members involved in making cards. ~such a blessing!

3)Hmmm, biggest impact? I think I truly enjoy watching other's who say they "can't" , actually do it. The excitement in their eyes, their sense of pride, makes me smile.

I also love when people come up to me and say thank you for the beautiful card you made. Not because of my cards, but because in my own small way I have been able to reach out and help someone, let them know people care. With 3 small children under 5, I can't give much of my time to others (while the kids are awake) so this is my way of giving back.

Blessings,
Laura
Reply With Quote Likes