Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-05-2010, 09:55 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanging file folders for Jet Max file cabinet

Like many, I snagged some Jet Max filing cabinets when they were on sale @ 50% off recently, and with an add'l 15% off coupon, I got them @ 65% off!! Was sooooooo pleased with myself ~ until I realized they only came with four hanging folders per cabinet. Yeah, right......that's about 1/3 of what I need per. Then I found out that I couldn't find any more of the file folders online for ANY price....everyone was out of stock! I started to panic...

Found out that Michael's now carries them, if you can find them. Thanks to two really kind-hearted SCS'ers, I was alerted that they're on sale this week at Mike's (and most stores got new stock in today) for ~ are you ready for this??

$2.99 each package of SIX folders!! :p

I am soooo jazzed. I got six packages, so 36 hanging folders, for just about $20. Probably won't be enough for my massive cardstock/DSP collection (quite embarrassing, actually), but it's a step in the right direction!

Hope this info blesses someone,
Kat
"Be Still and Know That I Am God" Ps. 46:10
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2010, 08:33 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Thanks for the info! I may have to switch to JetMax, but I wouldn't have even considered it without this information.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2010, 09:29 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Great deal Miss Kitkat....glad to know where they can be had...and when not on sale...with a coupon.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2010, 12:58 PM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sophia_77View Post
Thanks for the info! I may have to switch to JetMax, but I wouldn't have even considered it without this information.
Just make sure you search for other postings here on SCS about the hanging file ones. Others have said they had problems pulling the drawer out because of the wood on wood or with tipping issues when the drawer is full and pulled out. I have some but don't have a space for them yet to put them together so I can't add anything good or bad about the hanging file drawer one for a review.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2010, 01:31 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

I also use these cubes. I saw the file drawer and picked one up on sale and found out about the folders. Finally found Michael's carrying them and picked up 2 more packages. The drawer is not one that I would want to open and close alot. I am storing print outs that I want to keep but don't have to pull out very often. I also don't like the fact that the bottom of the drawer is open (on half of it). Can't store anything that wouldn't fit in the hanging folders. Nice idea but I don't think I'll pick up anymore of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2010, 08:50 AM   #6  
Glitter Queen

Default Jetmax Filing Cubes

I bought 4 of them last week at Michaels for a great sale price not knowing the file folders were not the standard size. I've spent a greater part of today trying to find a source to purchase more of the folders but no luck. It amazes me that the Michael's stores will not order them for us. I've talked to a manager and he can't find any info to even order them.

I am going to try to contact Jet Max directly via phone since I can't find a web site for them either.

I sold my 5 drawer gigantic filing cabinet to make more room in my craft room so you can imagine how desperate I am to get these.

KitKat.. what state are you in? Maybe that will help in my search..

Thanks and have a blessed day, all..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2010, 06:02 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarpView Post
I bought 4 of them last week at Michaels for a great sale price not knowing the file folders were not the standard size. I've spent a greater part of today trying to find a source to purchase more of the folders but no luck. It amazes me that the Michael's stores will not order them for us. I've talked to a manager and he can't find any info to even order them.

I am going to try to contact Jet Max directly via phone since I can't find a web site for them either.

I sold my 5 drawer gigantic filing cabinet to make more room in my craft room so you can imagine how desperate I am to get these.

KitKat.. what state are you in? Maybe that will help in my search..

Thanks and have a blessed day, all..
I'm in California - Central Valley, to be exact. I've been seeing Jet Max savings in the local Michael's ads lately...they don't have the hanging folders, though? That's the pits! I still haven't got my cubes situated and filled....craft room needs some serious cleaning first and I just haven't had time lately. Good luck. I know how frustrating this can be.....

Kat
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2010, 08:51 AM   #8  
Embossing Fanatic

I've been searching for hanging files to fit these cubes for months! Will definitely be heading to M's on the way home to see if they have any in stock...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2010, 09:18 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

I've been searching for hanging files to fit these cubes for months! Will definitely be heading to M's on the way home to see if they have any in stock...

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 09:46 AM   #10  
Glitter Queen

Talking Essential Jet Max File Folder info update..

Quote:

I did call Jet Max and here's the skinny.. ONLY Michael's carries the file folders so if you call your local Michael's, call armed with this info.. without it, I was told by two local stores they did not have them in stock and didn't carry them. After calling Michael's Customer Service with the following info, I found out one of the stores had 15 packs and the other 7 packs IN STOCK.. and they were on sale 50% off, too.

Michael's SKU # 10159505
UPC Code = 092239017690

Thanks to a very helpful Customer Service fella at the Michael's Customer Service number I found online and to a very helpful young lady at Jet Max, I now have plenty of folders.

I hope this info will help someone else and save them lots of time in getting the folders.

Last edited by lcarp; 11-30-2010 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: Title change
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2010, 07:10 AM   #11  
Embossing Fanatic

Score!!! I managed to find 3 packages of Jetmax hanging files at M's yesterday. And I got them for 50% off since they hadn't removed the sign yet. There are 2 more M's in my area that I can check. And now, thanks to "lcarp", I can call before I go in. Yeah!
I saw a blog where someone made their own drawer stop so the file drawer wouldn't slide completely out and scratch up her floors. Guess that's going to be my weekend project...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2010, 11:34 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

Has anyone found them in Canada?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 07:29 AM   #13  
Me.
Glitter Queen

Anyone find these in Canada? I am desperate for some.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2011, 10:10 AM   #14  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I did call Jet Max and here's the skinny.. ONLY Michael's carries the file folders so if you call your local Michael's, call armed with this info.. without it, I was told by two local stores they did not have them in stock and didn't carry them. After calling Michael's Customer Service with the following info, I found out one of the stores had 15 packs and the other 7 packs IN STOCK.. and they were on sale 50% off, too.

Michael's SKU # 10159505
UPC Code = 092239017690

Thanks to a very helpful Customer Service fella at the Michael's Customer Service number I found online and to a very helpful young lady at Jet Max, I now have plenty of folders.

I hope this info will help someone else and save them lots of time in getting the folders.
I want to thank you so much for the information that you posted. I called Michael's Customer Service and gave them the store number of the store closest to me (about 35 miles) and they said that it looked my store had 10 pks. of the folders (I have been in the store many times and never saw them). CS connected me with the store and told me to ask for the Mrg. I asked for the mgr. and wound up with the asst. mgr. and she looked for them for me. She said that the mgr. had put them up for a customer, but the customer had never picked them up so they were going to put them back out...I asked her to hold 4 pks. for me and I would be there as quick as I could get there to pick them up...she also said they were on clearance for $2.99. I went and picked them up and I'm now doing the "happy dance"! Once again, thank you so much for the info you posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2011, 02:59 PM   #15  
Glitter Guru

Location: DH and I driving the yacht on Christmas vacation in Cancun

I was in the Red Deer Michael's store today and I swear I saw some, although I wasn't looking for them so I might have misremembered the item. It's frustrating when you go into the store armed with a 50% off coupon and then find the item you want already on for 40% so you can't use the coupon. <sigh>

Quote:

Originally Posted by Me.View Post
Anyone find these in Canada? I am desperate for some.

My Stampin' Up! Blog
My Brand New Ustream Channel (join me the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month)
My Mom's Painting Blog. Comments would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Likes