Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-30-2013, 12:46 AM   #81  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK...Here's a few of my notebooks...I'll try to upload the rest when I get off work today (I have to split them up into smaller downloads!)....

I still have my Current Stamps (SU), Retired Stamps (SU), and non-SU Embossing Folders to upload!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #82  
Kookie Creator

OK Ladies...hopefully these will work also...
current SU stamps - 4 attachments - 86 notes total
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2013, 01:10 PM   #83  
Kookie Creator

And another of my notebooks...
Retired SU stamp sets (still not finished adding these, I will do an updated notebook once I complete my whole stash....but these are the newer retired ones) -- 3 attachments -- 150 notes total
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #84  
Kookie Creator

Here's the last notebook that I have to add...this one is my NON-SU embossing folders (and a few misc dies that I keep with them; some of them are ones that have both a die and embossing folder to match)

non SU Embossing Folders -- 2 attachments -- total of 86 notes (yes, I have an embossing folder addiction!! LOL)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #85  
Kookie Creator

WHEW!! When I look at it broken down like that....I am hanging my head in shame! LOL!! What is that saying....she who dies with the most supplies, win....I think I WIN!! LOL!! I'm just glad that my DH doesn't read this forum!! He REALLY doesn't need to know the extent of my addiction!!!!

Have fun and I hope that my notebooks helps others build theirs!! THANKS to Amy and the Powers of SCS for allowing enex files! This really rocks!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #86  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahwmsView Post
WHEW!! When I look at it broken down like that....I am hanging my head in shame! LOL!! What is that saying....she who dies with the most supplies, win....I think I WIN!! LOL!! I'm just glad that my DH doesn't read this forum!! He REALLY doesn't need to know the extent of my addiction!!!!

Have fun and I hope that my notebooks helps others build theirs!! THANKS to Amy and the Powers of SCS for allowing enex files! This really rocks!!!
Ohhh, believe me, you are not alone! Last time I counted I had over 80 embossing folders, and that's been awhile!

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2013, 02:37 PM   #87  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

On a PC, here's the link:

EVERNOTE

On a MAC, iPhone or iPad, just go to the App store and search Evernote...

Not sure about an Android phone, but I'm sure you just go to where ever you get your apps from and search Evernote and it should come up....

Once you download the program, you can save the files that are being shared and then import them into your own Evernote program. The great thing is that it will automatically sync to all your devices that have the program...enter it once...see the same notes and notebooks everywhere!!!

Good Luck!!
Yes, you can get evernote for android through the google play store. I now have it on my PC, my droid and my ipad. One note, if you sign in on the web program, you will not have the menu where you can find the file import. Same thing on the ipad. It appears you have to download the program to your PC in order to do the file import.

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #88  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

damn girl! I thought I had a lot of stuff.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #89  
Pearl-ExPert

Sarah or Amy (or anyone who knows the answer):
Did you see my earlier post about ppl posting pictures along with their sets? I am curious how they do that.

Amy B
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2013, 06:59 PM   #90  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by btalemView Post
Did you see my earlier post about ppl posting pictures along with their sets? I am curious how they do that.

Amy B
Do you mean adding a picture to a note? If so, there are a couple of ways....you can either find the picture, copy and then paste it into the note. Or sometimes, you can just drag the picture into the note. I think it depends on the pic....

I found out while doing my non SU embossing folders, that when I just dragged the picture, it wouldn't show up on my iPad or iPhone....so I ended up saving the picture to my desktop and then copy and pasting it. PITA, but it worked!

I do most of my "notebook work" (adding, editing, etc) on my laptop....I find its easier since I have a mouse and can right click. Plus the screen is MUCH bigger and easier to see. LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2013, 07:06 PM   #91  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Amy B
Amy,

Is this what you were talking about? All I did was open my existing note for Backyard Basic stamp set, find the card (this one was from Pinterest) and then copied (on the Pinterest tab) and pasted (on the Backyard Basic note). This added the picture of the card on the existing note...

make sense??
Attached Files
File Type: enex Backyard Basics.enex (204.3 KB, 394 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #92  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Amy,

Is this what you were talking about? All I did was open my existing note for Backyard Basic stamp set, find the card (this one was from Pinterest) and then copied (on the Pinterest tab) and pasted (on the Backyard Basic note). This added the picture of the card on the existing note...

make sense??

HA! That'll teach me! I can't download it because I have used all my space for the month. I tell ya - I am about to pay the fee for the extra 40 mb, but I have 5 more days to go. So I guess I will answer that in 5 days!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #93  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

EVERNOTE

Not sure about an Android phone, but I'm sure you just go to where ever you get your apps from and search Evernote and it should come up....

Once you download the program, you can save the files that are being shared and then import them into your own Evernote program. The great thing is that it will automatically sync to all your devices that have the program...enter it once...see the same notes and notebooks everywhere!!!

Good Luck!!
On an android phone just go to Google Store or Google Apps or Google Play they all have Evernote and Skitch which is another useful Evernote program. At least I like it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2013, 09:05 PM   #94  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Amy,

make sense??

If you are making a new note in Evernote, just type in your title at the top, then go online and find a picture of your, let's say, stamp set on Google Images click on it and it will get bigger and then right click on the picture and click "Copy Image" (You do not need to save it to your computer!) then go back to your Evernote note page and, I use keyboard HotKeys a lot so all I do it is press the CTRL key and the V key together, this will automatically paste the image into Evernote.
Or you can right click on your note and click Paste and it will paste in the note.
Piece of cake! All of my stamp sets, punches, paper pads, die sets all have their pictures in their notes.
Once you get going, Evernote will become addicting.
I was just updating mine now with a few Alterations dies I picked up at TJ Maxx for a song.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #95  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Hope this helps

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstampinView Post
For some reason i cant find anything that says "file" to click on! maybe it's because I am using the on line version rather than downloading it - didn't want to add it to my work PC. I'll have to download it at home and see if I can figure it out there. I have it on my ipad, but don't see anyway there either.... I must just be missing something obvious!
This may help you. When you download the notebook from SCS find where you downloaded and double click it. IF you have set windows to recognize the extension it will automatically go into Evernote, if not when you get the dialogue window pop up telling you it cannot find a program to open it, click where it let's you find the program, you may have to open another dialogue window in order to find your evernote folder, then open it by double clicking and highlight the evernote.exe file. Hit the OPEN button. Once you do that, Evernote will be in the list of program Windows will recognize extensions from. After all that, next time you open a notebook file, it will go straight into Evernote.
Just because we download these programs doesn't necessarily mean Windows recognizes them, we have to hold its hand a little bit. Yes, we are a Windows household, the only apples you will find around here are in pies. :-P
My hubby has been a certified computer tech and programmer since computers ran on DOS and the internet was still called the Nexus on college campuses.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2013, 09:25 PM   #96  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Amy,

make sense??

I AM WEAK!!!!!!!!!!! Had to see what you posted, so I upgraded. *sigh*. Weak, weak, weak.

But, yes, sarah. That is exactly what i was trying to figure out how to do. Thanks all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #97  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks to all who have posted and shared. I have kept my inventory in a Mac program called Bento that I have used extensively for scrapbook supplies, collections, household inventories, etc., but Bento is no longer being supported! :((( I don't want to change to their bigger, more-difficult -to-learn program, so am going to switch all over to Evernote, which I have used for some time. You all have inspired me to really do the switch. I don't have SU! products so will start from scratch, but am committed now to making this work.

I do suggest that folks new to EN watch the videos- they will really help. Also, having the premium membership helps keep EN engineers working to make it better, provide a service to us rather than data mine like many of the 'free' sites do (if you're not paying for a product, then you ARE the product!), and it actually syncs faster and does more thorough searches- it can even search on many of the words written in stamp sets!

Last edited by timetrvlr; 08-31-2013 at 12:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2013, 05:03 PM   #98  
Matboard Maniac

Talking

ok... I FINALLY --"got it"!!! and think I am now ADDICTED to EVERNOTE!!!
May be taking the place of Pinterest! (did I just say that!lol!)

??? I have NOTEBOOK -STAMPS
then by Company... is there a way to catagorize that-

ie: Flourishes- Flowers-Sentiments-etc??
TIA!!! LOVE IT!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2013, 05:12 PM   #99  
Kookie Creator

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherry107View Post
ok... I FINALLY --"got it"!!! and think I am now ADDICTED to EVERNOTE!!!
May be taking the place of Pinterest! (did I just say that!lol!)

??? I have NOTEBOOK -STAMPS
then by Company... is there a way to catagorize that-

ie: Flourishes- Flowers-Sentiments-etc??
TIA!!! LOVE IT!!!
You've been bit by the Evernote bug! LOL

yes, you can add tags to your notes....then you can search by tags!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #100  
Kookie Creator

OK ladies...I have a few more notebooks to share...
Spellbinders (I only have a few)
Sew Easy and Ribbon Easy

Still adding my retired SU stamps....this is going to take awhile! LOL! I'm done with all the ones in DVD cases...now I'm working on the ones in clam shells and CD cases!!
Attached Files
File Type: enex EVERNOTE_SGW_Spellbinder_01.enex (3.90 MB, 309 views)
File Type: enex EVERNOTE_SGW_SEW Easy and Ribbon Easy_01.enex (738.6 KB, 276 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #101  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

EVERNOTE

Good Luck!!
On an Android phone go to Play Store and look for the Evernote app.

My Blog
- My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #102  
Pearl-ExPert

If this has been answered already I will apologize in advance. I have Evernote on my computer. How do I share with my phone and tablet? Thanks.

My Blog
- My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #103  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell1958View Post
If this has been answered already I will apologize in advance. I have Evernote on my computer. How do I share with my phone and tablet? Thanks.

all you have to do is download the app to your phone and tablet. the program should automatically sync your notebooks to those devices...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #104  
Rubber Obsessor

I just downloaded this program yesterday on my computer and tablet and absolutely love it. I just had finished preparing a binder full of stamps that I have stamped on paper for inventory and this took me forever and now this program made it so that I can take my list with me when I am shopping or doing a class. The best thing since sliced bread I believe. I can use it for so many different things. I spent a lot of time entering my stamp sets last night but not near the time that it took me to stamp/scan my images for my book. I went with the full deal as I can use this program in my business because of it's portability.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2013, 04:43 AM   #105  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

OK Ladies...hopefully these will work also...
current SU stamps - 4 attachments - 86 notes total
THANKS for sharing. I downloaded Evernote after finding this thread, and these have been really helpful getting started with it.

I'm curious about why you've broken your notebooks down like this, (1 of 4, 2 of 4, etc.) Is there a disadvantage to having too many notes per notebook?

Free cat hair with every card!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2013, 05:02 AM   #106  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianneB1030View Post
THANKS for sharing. I downloaded Evernote after finding this thread, and these have been really helpful getting started with it.

I'm curious about why you've broken your notebooks down like this, (1 of 4, 2 of 4, etc.) Is there a disadvantage to having too many notes per notebook?
Hi Dianne! Welcome to the evernote madness!!

My actual notebooks are not separated....I had to separate them in order to post them because the file was too large! Once you download them you can merge (or just highlight all the notes and drag them) into your main notebook. I only have one notebook for my current stamp sets.

Let me know if you need anything else....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #107  
Rubber Obsessor

Exclamation Just FYI on downloading files

I should mention that if you already have some of your Stampin' Up! stamp sets in your Evernote program with tags attached, by downloading any of the Evernote files from other people, you may get duplicate tags imported into your tags list.

I know I do. I downloaded Sarahwms's retired stamp set list (Thank you Sarahwms! ) and I just noticed tonight while putting in the stamp sets I ordered today, that my tags have been duplicated and added to.
Now, I have to figure out how to edit my tags folder so I can remove the duplicate tags. :(

I have the free version of Evernote, but I am close to buying Pro for the space.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #108  
Insane Embellisher

I just finished adding all my SU sets into Evernote, I didn't know I had so many! I've got the name of the set entered, and a picture, and added tags as to whether they are wood or clear mount. I plan to go in tomorrow and add lots of tags, before I start working on the next notebook.

One thing I did yesterday while I was working with everyone else's notes, was to set up a SU wish list notebook, and stamp sets, dies, punches, etc. that I hope to order went there. That way, when I do buy them I can just move them from that notebook, and not have to re-create them

Free cat hair with every card!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2013, 05:55 AM   #109  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianneB1030View Post
I just finished adding all my SU sets into Evernote, I didn't know I had so many! I've got the name of the set entered, and a picture, and added tags as to whether they are wood or clear mount. I plan to go in tomorrow and add lots of tags, before I start working on the next notebook.

One thing I did yesterday while I was working with everyone else's notes, was to set up a SU wish list notebook, and stamp sets, dies, punches, etc. that I hope to order went there. That way, when I do buy them I can just move them from that notebook, and not have to re-create them

GREAT idea Dianne!! Although from the looks of my notes, I don't think I "need" anything! LOL Although what I WANT....that's a different story!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2013, 06:10 AM   #110  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saphyre333View Post
I should mention that if you already have some of your Stampin' Up! stamp sets in your Evernote program with tags attached, by downloading any of the Evernote files from other people, you may get duplicate tags imported into your tags list.

I know I do. I downloaded Sarahwms's retired stamp set list (Thank you Sarahwms! ) and I just noticed tonight while putting in the stamp sets I ordered today, that my tags have been duplicated and added to.
Now, I have to figure out how to edit my tags folder so I can remove the duplicate tags. :(

I have the free version of Evernote, but I am close to buying Pro for the space.
You are welcome!!

You are absolutely correct....I found the same thing when I downloaded some notebooks! The way I "fixed" mine....
first I went thru my tags and searched for any tags that I didn't want to use, this should pull up those notes using those tags. I did one tag at a time to make it easier! I then tagged those notes with whatever tag I did want to use and deleted the tag I didn't want to use. (make sure you add your tag first, since once you delete the tag, it removes that note from the search.) Then you can delete the tag from your tag list. You can also do this if you accidentally create a tag that you don't want to use! I hit enter too soon when adding a tag, thus creating a tag that said "hum"...didn't really need an HUM tag (LOL), so I just deleted it from my list!
When you expand your tag list, each tag has the number of notes that are tagged beside it...it's interesting to see how many notes you have for butterfly or bee!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #111  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

Sarah, Thank you for sharing all those notes - it has saved others (me included) lots of time.

I just wanted to mention that in your "Loads of Love" accessories note, you've tagged it with "do" instead of "dog". I was looking at the tags and didn't know what "do" meant.

Thinking I'll be turning into an evernote addict too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #112  
Compulsive Stamper

Smile Image Question

I have scanned all of my stamps and saved as JPEG files. When I drag them into my note they appear extremely large so I assume I'm going to be using my space way to fast. How do you decrease the size?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #113  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattydeonView Post
Sarah, Thank you for sharing all those notes - it has saved others (me included) lots of time.

I just wanted to mention that in your "Loads of Love" accessories note, you've tagged it with "do" instead of "dog". I was looking at the tags and didn't know what "do" meant.

Thinking I'll be turning into an evernote addict too.
You are most welcome!! Thanks for catching my error...off to fix it now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #114  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT-sherView Post
I have scanned all of my stamps and saved as JPEG files. When I drag them into my note they appear extremely large so I assume I'm going to be using my space way to fast. How do you decrease the size?
As far as I know, you can decrease the size of a jpeg in just about any photo editing program...or you can google them and copy and paste or drag them from the search images. I don't see a way in Evernote to edit the size of pictures....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #115  
April 2012 Swapper of the Month

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Amy P's Dies

Hello, here are my dies for sharing. Enjoy.
Amy P
Attached Files
File Type: enex Evernote_AEP_Dies#1_090813.enex (2.18 MB, 350 views)
File Type: enex Evernote_AEP_Dies#2_090813.enex (2.43 MB, 293 views)
File Type: enex Evernote_AEP_Dies#3_090813.enex (1.99 MB, 307 views)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #116  
Kookie Creator

OK...here are a couple more notebooks that I've completed.

Copics and Spectrum Noir
Alcohol Inks
Attached Files
File Type: enex EVERNOTE_SGW_COPICS and Spectrum Noir_01.enex (1.22 MB, 300 views)
File Type: enex EVERNOTE_SGW_Alcohol_Inks_01.enex (454.6 KB, 355 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #117  
Pearl-ExPert

So I actually USED Evernote. Not just entering stuff...but actually USED it. I was working on my Halloween cards and knew that I wanted a spider. All I had to do was type in SPIDER and I found all the images of spiders that I have! So freaking cool!!!! Love this program!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2013, 05:17 PM   #118  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

So I actually USED Evernote. Not just entering stuff...but actually USED it. I was working on my Halloween cards and knew that I wanted a spider. All I had to do was type in SPIDER and I found all the images of spiders that I have! So freaking cool!!!! Love this program!
Isn't it worth the time it took to enter the information when it works like you think it should??? I use mine all the time...and smile everytime I do because of all the time it saves me! Plus, I now actually KNOW what I have!! I, too, LOVE this app!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2013, 06:19 AM   #119  
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to Tlc.2scotties

I have been reading all the posts about Evernote. It is truly a WONDERFUL and helpful program. I have been using it for a while now for general life stuff and work.

I started using another program to inventory my craft things, but as I was adding more things, it got way to slow and harder to use. I don't know why I didn't think of Evernote for my scrapbooking long ago!

It is a bit of a chore to add everything (I have waaaayyyyy too many toys...lol), but once it is all in there, it will be amazing!

I am working on entering in all my stamp sets. I have primarily Close To My Heart sets as I was a demo about 4 years ago. One of the things I am doing with my stamp notes is adding pictures of ideas that I see online for inspiration in using that set. i also type out all of the sentiments that are included in that set as well, so that the words are searchable also.

I am a big fan of the Pro version. It has a lot of great features that make the sorting and sharing even better:
**SMARTER SEARCHING (my favorite part of Evernote)
Search inside PDFs and attached documents, find text in images faster and rediscover your content with the powerful Related Notes feature.
**Passcode lock for security
**offline notebooks - available when you don't have access to the internet.

I don't know what I would do without this awesome app!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2013, 01:43 AM   #120  
Die Cut Diva

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks, ladies, for getting me hooked to something else !. Seriously though, I came across this Evernote thread and was curious about it. Since reading, I downloaded it to my PC, and recently bought a tablet, so its on there too. Its brilliant, I love it. I had, over the last few years, been compiling a book to take with me when craft shopping, or visiting craft shows, to stop me multiple purchasing, especially stamps. This was getting a bit clunky, as sometimes I'd not added stamps for a while, so had to recheck my stamps against my book every now & then. This is great, as even if I don't know the manufacturer, I can just scan pages from my files into my PC, then add the images to Evernote. And with stamp sets, I haven't got to sit stamping out every individual stamp, just add an image of the set.
Reply With Quote Likes