Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-26-2009, 08:44 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diary of a Crap (oops mean) Scrap Room

This is my scrapbooking room. As you can tell, I obviously can't scrapbook in here right now. Actually I can't tell you the last time I've been able to scrapbook or do anything creative or crafty in this room. Even my computer desk is a MESS! No matter how many times I've tried to organize it, I never seem to get it finished or even remotely organized. I just get too frustrated with trying to find a place where everything should go. I've even turned to well know books and read them cover to cover, but they didn't help either. Could The Original Workbox be just what this disorganized, frustrated scrapbooker needs????
Attached Thumbnails
Diary of a Crap (oops mean) Scrap Room-102_2691.jpg   Diary of a Crap (oops mean) Scrap Room-102_2693.jpg   Diary of a Crap (oops mean) Scrap Room-102_2692.jpg  

Last edited by Babyfaces4; 09-27-2009 at 07:57 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2009, 09:20 PM   #2  
SCS Founder

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

wow, that's bad

Needs a sig
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2009, 09:46 PM   #3  
Glitter Queen

Well, I just read all the threads for the give-a-way, when my daughter (she's 12) comes over and sits down with me and starts reading them too. We're sitting there looking at the pictures that are posted of some of the rooms and my daughter keeps saying "Mom, that rooms nice", "Mom, that one's not so messy", "Mom, you should enter this contest, but maybe you shouldn't post any pictures of you room. It really is alot messier then all these rooms." Then we come across this post for my entry with pictures of my room and she says, "MOM, I can't believe you posted pictures of your room! It's SO Messy!" I asked her if she could help me straighten it up a little and then we could post more pictures after it was cleaned up a little bit. So said "OK". After a few minutes she stoped and looked at me and asked "There's not a messy kid contest going on anywhere online? You didn't post pictures of MY Room did you?" I just had to laugh. But maybe I should tell her I found one and I'm going to post pictures of her room, maybe I could get her to clean her room too! (Although her bedroom is no where as messing as my scrapbooking room.)

Last edited by Babyfaces4; 09-27-2009 at 07:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 07:54 PM   #4  
Glitter Queen

A Day later.... Can't believe I posted pictures of my mess. Tried to clean it up a little bit today, but don't know where to put the stuff! I can actually see a lit piece of the floor today, there actually is carpet down there! Told my dear husband about the contest and he said he hopes I win it, he's tired of looking at the mess let alone trying to walk down here. He said there can't possibly be another room as messy as mine! Boy can I really use the Workbox. Please Help me get organized!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 08:01 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

I sure hope you win too. I can't think of a more deserving person to win ;) It's amazing how it can just get away from you -- and this is the end result.

But at least your cardstock looks like it is a little bit organized!
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2009, 06:35 AM   #6  
Cardstock Collector

I do not think an organizer is going to help you. You already have a great room with such great shelves and storage. Really, all of your stuff needs a room, not an organizer. I think if you cleaned it up you would find no room for the organizer and enjoy what you have so much more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2009, 07:17 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

I agree, it looks like you have a lot of storage in there...and sooooo many goodies! I'm jealous! Unfortunately I can't get any more stuff than I have now becasue I have no where to put it that my little ones can't get to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2009, 01:07 PM   #8  
Gabfest Goddess

I think it would take atleast two or three scrapboxes to fit everything...I love the little cubbies on the wall...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2009, 07:18 AM   #9  
Glitter Queen

Question

O.K. Everyone saying I have lots of storage for everything and should just clean it up and I would be fine, should come over and help me get organized! Sure I have some storage, but they just don't work for all the items I have. If they're are too big, the stuff inside gets all jumbled together, if they're too small everything doesn't fit. I'll be glad to have a bunch of you come over and help clean up and get me organized! Any volunteers?????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2009, 08:13 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sure I will come help after I get the Scrapbox oganized in my room... LOL We could help each other..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2009, 10:08 PM   #11  
Glitter Queen

One week later and still digging thru everything..... Not much progress.... Really do need that Scrapbox.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 02:22 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts

LOL! Good luck!

Visit My Gallery!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 06:45 PM   #13  
Mad Swapper

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

babyfaces4,

Share with us:
(1) why you craft
(2) what you do with your completed handcrafted projects, and
(3) what the biggest impact any of your projects has had on you, someone else, or the world at large!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 06:54 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to okstamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babyfaces4View Post
O.K. Everyone saying I have lots of storage for everything and should just clean it up and I would be fine, should come over and help me get organized! Sure I have some storage, but they just don't work for all the items I have. If they're are too big, the stuff inside gets all jumbled together, if they're too small everything doesn't fit. I'll be glad to have a bunch of you come over and help clean up and get me organized! Any volunteers?????
Where do you live? I would love to come over. I love organizing!
My Blog~Bonnie's Creative Corner
Every Job is a Self-Portrait of the Person Who Did It.
Autograph Your Work With Excellence.~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2009, 08:34 AM   #15  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumbunnyView Post
babyfaces4,

Share with us:
(1) why you craft
(2) what you do with your completed handcrafted projects, and
(3) what the biggest impact any of your projects has had on you, someone else, or the world at large!
1. I do many crafts for the enjoyment I get from making them. I do rubberstamping where I make cards and other small craft Items for the holidays. I enjoy making homemade cards because they are so much more personal to give than store bought ones. I make little treat holders and little craft items to give to the kids I work with everyday at school and my co-workers to brighten their day and celebrate the holidays. I am a scrapbooker too. I scrapbook to not only preserve my pictures and get them out of the boxes they have been in, but to preserve the events and memories that the pictures tell. And last we make holiday outdoor yard decorations. This is not just a hobby, but also like another job for me and a third job for my husband, who works both a full and a part-time job. We participate in craft shows in the fall and spring where we sell the decorations we make.

2. Most of my completed cards and treat projects I give to the kids at school, the teachers and the office staff. They love to be surprised by the things I make. Some of my holiday treat containers if they go over really well at the school, I will try to sell at the craft shows for 50 cents or a $1.00. It helps me to buy more supplies for making more crafts.

3. I would have to say the most impact I've had from one of my crafts, is for a LARGE support our troops ribbon we made out of plywood for a dear friend of ours who's children are in active duty. She wanted a special decoration for her sons when they were away that she could put up in her yard to let everyone know when they were deployed and to pray for their safe return. So I came up with the idea of combining a couple of the magnetic "Support our Troops" car ribbons. We made a red, white and blue ribbon with the flag and stars on one side, "Support our Troops" painted in yellow and the words Air Force and Marines painted in red underneath on white on the other. We then drilled small holes around the border and added small yellow lights to light it up at night. When we gave it to her, she cried! She was SO HAPPY with it! She has it proudly displayed in her front yard now to let everyone know her son is actively deployed in Afganistan now. He hasn't had the chance to see it yet, but will be home next week for a short leave. We can't wait to see his reaction to it. Although all the treat containers and little gifts I make for the kids at school, bring me joy when I give them and the kids love them, This Ribbon Project has to be the project that has had the biggest impact on both me and my family and my friend Michelle's and her family and neighbors as well! Everyone now know to send a little prayer for her sons when they see it displayed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2009, 08:57 AM   #16  
Mad Swapper

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

What a wonderful thing to do for your friend! I can see why she was so touched to received the yard ribbon, and she must be very excited to have her son see it when he returns home! It soundsl like both you and your DH are creative. Isn't it wonderful having a husband who supports you?
Reply With Quote Likes