Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-24-2008, 08:01 AM   #41  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a few things in my gallery under Organization.

I am working on some more solutions and will post them when finished in a couple weeks.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2008, 11:04 AM   #42  
Insane Embellisher

I used a 50% coupon at Michael's ($40 instead of $80) for the Embellishment Center by Making Memories, that is awesome with cubbyholes and two dowels for ribbons (I am just starting out so it works for now. and then another 50% off ($20 instead of $40) on the MM revolving little storage holder for small stuff on my desk. They work great and look nice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 07:33 AM   #43  
Pearl-ExPert

Patter, I have told you this before but, I so wish we lived closer because I am pretty sure we would be best friends!! I love organization and I love how you take classic frustrating organizational issues and come up with not only simple but adorable and for the most part very economical ways to fix the frustration!! Anyway you ROCK!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 07:44 AM   #44  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stigmom6View Post
Patter, I have told you this before but, I so wish we lived closer because I am pretty sure we would be best friends!! I love organization and I love how you take classic frustrating organizational issues and come up with not only simple but adorable and for the most part very economical ways to fix the frustration!! Anyway you ROCK!!
Patti, you are TOO sweet! Thank you for making my day! And I would love to have you as a best friend! I truly just love to organize though with triplets that DON'T love organization, I can't say my house is how I like it! :o ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 08:34 PM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 29 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn in St. LouisView Post
I've been looking for these for a long time...they would be so awesome for my copic markers. Be sure to let me know if you find any. :mrgreen:
Lynn, What I use for my Copics, is the Pamper Chef tool organizer turner.... it works great for them....

Faith
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 06:19 AM   #46  
Mad Swapper

Received 132 Likes on 54 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by it'smefaithView Post
Lynn, What I use for my Copics, is the Pamper Chef tool organizer turner.... it works great for them....

Faith

Not when you buy too many Copics! My collection has outgrown it. I want them arranged by color group (BG together, E together, etc.), but the size of groups varies widely. I'm currently using a strange plastic wall decoration with about 16 compartments (found it in a free box at a garage sale, I think), but they are very tight in some comparments. I am also saving empty food cans and want to try using cans of varying sizes in a large rectangular basket.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 06:55 AM   #47  
Rubber Obsessor

You are probably overloaded with organizational ideas, but here are mine as well! I bought a remnant counter top for $20.00(6') & put a 2 drawer filing cabinet under the counter top at each end, this makes a great large working space for stamping as well as an easy clean up surface. The filing cabinet hold: in hanging folders are the card stock,in small baskets I have tape runners, glue, etc. Also in hanging folders I separated all stickers, die cuts, some embellishments, etc. by the seasons, disney, travel, misc., birthday, sayings, boarders, etc. works well for me. As for the ribbons, I bought the Stampin Up ribbon keepers...LOVE EM!!!! Hope these ideas help!

Tiffy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 07:16 AM   #48  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I was thinking the same thing...I have two Pampered Chef round-a-bouts and they are full. Don't you just love great garage sale buys?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsyRoseStamperView Post
Not when you buy too many Copics! My collection has outgrown it. I want them arranged by color group (BG together, E together, etc.), but the size of groups varies widely. I'm currently using a strange plastic wall decoration with about 16 compartments (found it in a free box at a garage sale, I think), but they are very tight in some comparments. I am also saving empty food cans and want to try using cans of varying sizes in a large rectangular basket.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 10:47 AM   #49  
Glitter Queen

Default Magnetic Storage

Hi, all:

I hung a magnetic white board on one wall of my craft room. Then, I sorted my supplies into magnetic spice containers that I found at Bed, Bath, & Beyond. All of my brads, buttons, flowers, clips are within reach from my craft table and easily viewable through the clear tops of the spice containers.

Happy crafting!

Lynne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 11:05 AM   #50  
Rubber Obsessor

I store my brads,eyelets in a tool set that has little drawers in it. My ribbon is stored in a plastic bin that I bought at Lowes it has different sections and has clear drop down lids, i found it in the area where the garage storage stuff is located
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 01:19 PM   #51  
Rubber Obsessor

how does everyone deal with storing scrap pieces of paper?
currently I have a drawer that has two silverware organizers in it and I sort my scraps by color in the silverware slots.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 01:58 PM   #52  
Rubber Obsessor

Sorry it took me so long to respond.. The jars that I have on my blog are canning jars but recently i was in Walmart and saw the cracker jars (that is what the label says) They are glass jars that have a wide mouth with a screw top. At my wm they are next to the papertowel holders, spice racks and cookie jars. They are kind of like canning jars they're just bigger. HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 02:43 PM   #53  
Pearl-ExPert

I use a iris type cart that rolls right under my table(there is a picture in my gallery) for all of my scraps. I have them labeled by color. For my Copics and Prismacolor Pencils I use the Bygel rail system from Ikea with the .99 cent cups. I have attached a couple pictures of the Bygel Rail System...

As of September 08 by stigmom6 at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 03:23 PM   #54  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I have just a couple of simple things. For my ribbons I recycle my Yankee Candle jars once the candle is gone. My dh made me a pegboard a few years ago that i organize my sizzors & cm cutting system. DH also cut me a piece of flashing that he put into an 11x13 wood frame, I have small metal containers with large magnets on the bottom and I stick them to the flashing. I found a on scs a link to a lady's site where she made a stamp pad storage out foam core board, so dh made me one of those (I think I need another one. My acrylic stamps are stored in cd cases on a cd rack. Nothing extremely special but it works for the time being.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 05:25 PM   #55  
Polyshrink Goddess

Such great ideas! I am always looking for ways to organize my supplies even better. I do love the slotted shelf for my stamp pads. Each pad fits in a spot and I can keep the colors together.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 05:34 PM   #56  
Kookie Creator

Just curious....

What is it that you are storing all of your punches on..the bars in the background..caught my eye...clever and handy to get at.

Where did you get them...and details?

Your area looks very well planned and CLEAN!!

Quote:

I use a iris type cart that rolls right under my table(there is a picture in my gallery) for all of my scraps. I have them labeled by color. For my Copics and Prismacolor Pencils I use the Bygel rail system from Ikea with the .99 cent cups. I have attached a couple pictures of the Bygel Rail System...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 05:44 PM   #57  
Pearl-ExPert

Bars are part of the Bygel Rail System from Ikea. They are in the kitchen area. There are actually several styles. The Bygel Bars come in two sizes mine are the largest cost is $3. The baskets and cups range in price from $1-$4. Some use curtain rods to store puches this same way. They are not as stromg as the bygel system(in my opinion). HTH!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 07:20 PM   #58  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Bars are part of the Bygel Rail System from Ikea. They are in the kitchen area. There are actually several styles. The Bygel Bars come in two sizes mine are the largest cost is $3. The baskets and cups range in price from $1-$4. Some use curtain rods to store puches this same way. They are not as stromg as the bygel system(in my opinion). HTH!!
These are on my wishlist!

Here are the links in case you want to look at these more closely:
Rails: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50072645
Storage Cups: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00115732

Katie B
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 09:21 AM   #59  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinky83081View Post
Sorry it took me so long to respond.. The jars that I have on my blog are canning jars but recently i was in Walmart and saw the cracker jars (that is what the label says) They are glass jars that have a wide mouth with a screw top. At my wm they are next to the papertowel holders, spice racks and cookie jars. They are kind of like canning jars they're just bigger. HTH!
i saw these today. I would like to get some but they only had one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 11:19 AM   #60  
Pearl-ExPert

A friend of Mine just told me that she organizes her 12 x 12 papers in a priority box, they big ones. You can use file folders inside and decorate the outside with paint or paper.

anyone else do this?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 11:24 AM   #61  

Never occurred to me, but I'm gonna go get a few and give it a try. Great idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappingmelissaView Post
A friend of Mine just told me that she organizes her 12 x 12 papers in a priority box, they big ones. You can use file folders inside and decorate the outside with paint or paper.

anyone else do this?

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 11:50 AM   #62  
Glitter Queen

I too have just re-done my Craft Room. I found some great ribbon holders at Wal-Mart. They are by Craft Mate and hold 17 rolls of 1/8 inch or 1/4 inch ribbons easily and have removable slats for wider ribbons. I did find some of the rolls of ribbon fit perfectly and some were to wide to fit the slots, so I just rolled the ribbon around my hand and put it in the slots. Worked GREAT!

Also, as everyone knows how expensive paper and especially SU paper is, I hate throwing away the littlest piece, so I have some of the 12x12 clear pocket folders labeled with the color family on it (i.e. Blue Scraps, Brown Scraps, Red Scraps) and as I am finished with a project, all of my scarps go in their respective holders. I always check those folders first before cutting into a new piece of paper.

Hope these ideas help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 12:09 PM   #63  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetzWView Post
walmart does still sell the tic tac containers that ya'll are talking about
Are they actually called "tic tac" containers? I'm loving all these ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 12:09 PM   #64  
Insane Embellisher

Well, I recently had to move my entire craft area since my brother moved back in and I was previously using his bedroom as my craft room. For some reason he wasn't crazy about sharing my space with my stamps. Cant you imagine?

Anyway I found some interesting things. I have a few rolling drawer things from various places. This one is my favorite things that I got recently.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000MQ62IG

The drawers come all the way out and have tops to them so it's more like a box. Love it for putting lots of stuff in, plus it keeps out dust and doesn't spill things all over it I pull it out too far.

I also bought some small wire racks that I removed the legs from and hung on the wall. From those I hung six of these little containers from ikea as well as two small hanging baskets. In the cups I can put all of my pencils, markers, adhesives, scissors, ect. and the baskets have little jars in that I put brads, eyelets and other small things in.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00115732

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90072648

I also have beading storage like someone else mentioned only mine are more compartmentalized so have them filled with various chipboard pieces and other small ebelishments.

I don't yet have a great way to store stickers. Any suggestions on that? Hopefully this makes some sense. I'll try to take a picture of my space tonight and attach the link tomorrow.

Stickles Swap
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 12:17 PM   #65  
Insane Embellisher

I love the looks of the Bygel system from Ikea, the only problem is I really want the cups and Ikea doesn't sell the cups online and the nearest Ikea from where I live is like 6 hours. :( I wonder why they don't sell all of their items online. They would make a fortune doing it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 01:28 PM   #66  
Rubber Obsessor

Default More storage ideas

Not sure if anyone posted these yet, but they are similar to the "tic-tac" boxes that Walmart sells, but slightly different configuration. They are in the jewelry aisle at Michael's and they cost $1 or $2. They work great for beads, as well brads and eyelets and such! they stack really nicely and they snap closed to contain your embellishments well!

It is similar to the one in this link (from JoAnn.com) but I'm pretty sure it is cheaper at Michael's: http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.j...RODID=prd53261

I have about 10 of them already, just for embellishments.

As for paper and stamp storage, you can't beat the rolling carts that Costco sells. They used to sell one with four removable drawers with lids and two drawers without lids. They easily fit 12 x 12 scrapbook paper and they are stackable themselves! I have several of them lined along the walls in my craft room and they are great! I have labeled each of the individual drawers according to the contents. They used to run $40 per cart, but not sure what they run now or if they still have the same ones. I know you can buy similar carts at JoAnn's as well as other stores. Here is a link at JoAnn's: http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.j...ODID=xprd74098

Hope this helps!

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=71900

REG
Designs!

Renee' Gregory
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 02:31 PM   #67  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Storing 1/4 sheet CS images from swaps/WRAK

I have a question about storage and organizing. If you participate in image exchanges, how do you store and sort your images?? I can't decide if I want to organize them by company, theme, alphabetically. Any ideas from anyone?? Now that I have joined WRAK, I'm getting quite a few and need to do something besides label the envelopes they come in.

Thanks for any ideas you have!! :mrgreen:

Rook's Ramblings
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 03:15 PM   #68  
Inking Addict

I wrap my ribbon around 4 playing cards and bind it with stretchy fabric hair ties. Store it in a nice clear covered box and can see at a glance what colors/styles I have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 03:22 PM   #69  

I'm a member of Wish RAK and I store my images by manufacturer, alphabetically in a old baby wipe tub. They are easy enough to sort through and since most all are on 4.25 X 5.5 cardstock, they sit nicely on end. It's not real pretty, but it works.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rook3034View Post
I have a question about storage and organizing. If you participate in image exchanges, how do you store and sort your images?? I can't decide if I want to organize them by company, theme, alphabetically. Any ideas from anyone?? Now that I have joined WRAK, I'm getting quite a few and need to do something besides label the envelopes they come in.

Thanks for any ideas you have!! :mrgreen:

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 03:42 PM   #70  
Cardstock Collector

I have something that works for me.
I found the pill holders the one with Sat. am & Sat pm (and so on and so on)at the dollar store (love the dollar store). They are perfect for holding daubers...just label the top with the color you've used and you can keep it in the color families. The two extra I use for the in colors and neutrals.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 04:46 PM   #71  
Matboard Maniac

Here's 2 of my storage ideas.....
Wash out Peanut butter jars- the plastic 2 or 3 lb size! Slice a straight line down one side. Put in ribbon spools one at a time-laying flat and sliding the end of the ribbon out the slit! Keep stacking and repeating. The jars will hold about 10-12 spools each. I have jars for each color, etc. They look great on a shelf or can be easy to get ribbon if stored in a drawer on their side.
For marker storage I use a couple of metal picnic utensil holders. The rectangle shape has 6 compartments. I took the handles off and turned them on their end.... then put the markers in each cubby hole by color families.
TFS all the great ideas ladies!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 05:11 PM   #72  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbappView Post
I love my little tackbox, in fact I was just looking for another matching one.

There are many sizes available...in fact Plano (tackbox manufacturer) started making them in bright colors for craft stores...but I like the red and tan.

Mine has 4 pull-out cases with over a dozen tiny customizable compartments. I took the front panel off, but you can stick it back on if you want to haul it to crops. The 4 compartments on mine are now set up with Hodgepodge in one, colored hardware in another (clips, buttons, wierd things) plain brads in the third and then rhinestone and shaped brads in the 4th. (When the photo was taken I still had a small enough ribbon collection to fit in there!)

I am buying another one to dump all my dew drops in as well as the other odds and ends hardware I have picked up. I don't like having tons of tiny containers around...this is easier and cleaner looking for me.
I have this in lime green/blue and I love it! It holds ALL of my brads, eyelets, hodgepodge, etc. This is one of the best investments that I have made.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 05:20 PM   #73  
Compulsive Stamper

subscribing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 05:46 PM   #74  
Glitter Queen

Default Organizational Tips

Recently, we built a home, and lucky-that-I-am...I got to create a craft room. Aside from tons of cabinet and drawer space, the thing I really like is a "bookshelf" made especially for the baskets I have with sorted embellishments making it easy to see and find what I want. Above that (another favorite), my husband built me a large shadow box-like shelf. I have 3 shelves on it (the whole thing is about 4 ft long). I use Mason jars for all the small things like buttons, colored staples, bits of leftover ribbon, brads, chipboard letters/forms, buttons, tags, safety pins, clips, you get the idea. From my chair, I can look up and see what I want and go right to it. I'm still "tweaking" things, but I'm lovin' it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 05:55 PM   #75  
Stampin' Fool

Great thread Lynn! I've used up any floor space and now I'm all about the vertical space. Not just vertical wall space, but also horizontal ceiling space. I've been playing with an idea in my head about a ceiling unit that will drop down.....kind of like a kitchen pots and pans center that can be lowered when I release the chain it's on......

I don't know what's going to be put up there, but I'm still dwelling on it! ;)

The Blog

The Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 05:58 PM   #76  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimeforTView Post
Here's 2 of my storage ideas.....
Wash out Peanut butter jars- the plastic 2 or 3 lb size! Slice a straight line down one side. Put in ribbon spools one at a time-laying flat and sliding the end of the ribbon out the slit! Keep stacking and repeating. The jars will hold about 10-12 spools each. I have jars for each color, etc. They look great on a shelf or can be easy to get ribbon if stored in a drawer on their side.
For marker storage I use a couple of metal picnic utensil holders. The rectangle shape has 6 compartments. I took the handles off and turned them on their end.... then put the markers in each cubby hole by color families.
TFS all the great ideas ladies!!!!

wow good idea! We eat alot of peanut butter here ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 06:45 PM   #77  
Rubber Obsessor

I am SO subscribing to this thread!!

My best "not meant for it" storage is my free, that's right, free to a good home CD media cabinet. The shelves in the doors have a small lip, so nothing falls, and the foot print when closed is about 2'x2'. It is pretty shallow, which is fine, but I am bugging DH to cut me some more shelves for the inside so that I can maximize the space.

My other good score was the purchase of some snap-together boxes in the JoAnne's seasonal aisle during back to school. I have since emptied some of these since I got my cabinet, but they fold flat, so they are available for my growing collection, and they fit inside my cabinet, when flat, very nicely.

Jackbuilt
Attached Thumbnails
Creative Storage-cd-cab-bottom1.jpg   Creative Storage-cd-cab-left1.jpg   Creative Storage-cd-cab-right-inside-1.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 04:29 AM   #78  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: scrappin and cat napping in the thumb of Minglerville

I go to Harbor Freight, They have many styles of tool cases, made of either plastic, canvas, or metal. Many sizes, I love the ones that have alot compartments. I got a double layered one and keep my brads on one layer and my eyelets on the other. They only run $5 or $6 and sometimes less. They also have a good variety of brushes, lettering stamps,stencils. It isn't just for the guys.
I also decorate shoe boxes to store my cards and embelishments in. I also take a tin can, paint the inside, put a strip of cordinating wallpaper sample around the outside with mod podge and then take an elastic hair band put it around the top and tie bits of colorful ribbon on it. I have various sizes for pens, pencils, rulers.
The pampered chef turnabouts are great. You can buy colorful ribbon with bead strands from Walmart under $2 and decorate them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 05:19 AM   #79  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts

I store my wood-mounted stamps in 9x12 or 8 1/2 x 11" "box frames" that you can get in the Framing Dept at Michael's because I find the Stampin Up boxes take up a lot of room, and the frames allow me to see the tops of the stamps at a glance. I just take the cardboard insert out of the box frame and store the stamp rubber side down. I then store these in a 13" x 9" x 5 1/2" SQUARE-cornered (not rounded) basket that I also obtained at Michael's. I can fit (and remove easily) a frame of each size in a single layer in the basket. The basket can easily hold 5 layers (10 frame trays).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 05:24 AM   #80  

I'm having a hard time picturing this in my mind...anyway I could get you to post a picture???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paper JunkyView Post
I store my wood-mounted stamps in X or 8 1/2 x 11" "box frames" that you can get in the Framing Dept at Michael's because I find the Stampin Up boxes take up a lot of room, and the frames allow me to see the tops of the stamps at a glance. I just take the cardboard insert out of the box frame and store the stamp rubber side down. I then store these in a 13" x 9" x 5 1/2" SQUARE-cornered (not rounded) basket that I also obtained at Michael's. I can fit (and remove easily) a frame of each size in a single layer in the basket. The basket can easily hold 5 layers (10 frame trays).

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes