Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Ideas for CTMH Stamp Storage?

Hi Everyone,
I'm in a quandry about organizing some of my stash,...

I have a small collection of CTMH stamp sets.... more than 15 and less than 30 I'd say. They are all over the place right now. I have a limited budget and I don't think I will get many more stamp sets. ( at this time!)

Does any one have ideas on a container of sorts for me to store these in. I know CTMH has boxes but they are rather expensive I think. If I get two of them they come to about $25 or else I could get a Big box that is about the same money but holds 40 sets. I like how they fit in just right and close tight in case you knock the box over.

Or should I look for a similar case somewhere else and use the $25 for more stuff. There is also a case for holding embellishments and one sized for tools etc. would those be a better buy than a case for just stamps. What do you pro gals think I should do.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2013, 07:34 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sterilite milk crates work great and they are pretty cheap!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know my local Dollar Store has mini milk crates too.

My avatar is my beloved corgi, Cora
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Let me start by saying that I have several crates and similar containers. However, if you are big on cropping/travelling with your stamps, I would suggest the CTMH containers. They hold 6x6 paper pads really well and stack nicely in my tote.

Also, if you're limited on space, the CTMH boxes stack in a way that the crates will not, so you can always stack the boxes on a top shelf.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2013, 02:57 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

If you take the sets out of the envelopes it opens up a lot more storage options for you. Before I went to my current binder system, I took the stamp sets and the foamie things (don't know what you call them for reals) to protect them and just put them all in a drawer, standing upright so I could flip through them. If you want to have them in something portable, there is probably a Sterilite or snapware container that would work... I did keep the envelopes for resale purposes, or in the event that I changed my mind about having the sets out of them...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2013, 03:34 AM   #6  
Cardstock Collector

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayjoynstampView Post
Hi Everyone,
I'm in a quandry about organizing some of my stash,...

I have a small collection of CTMH stamp sets.... more than 15 and less than 30 I'd say. They are all over the place right now. I have a limited budget and I don't think I will get many more stamp sets. ( at this time!)

Does any one have ideas on a container of sorts for me to store these in. I know CTMH has boxes but they are rather expensive I think. If I get two of them they come to about $25 or else I could get a Big box that is about the same money but holds 40 sets. I like how they fit in just right and close tight in case you knock the box over.

Or should I look for a similar case somewhere else and use the $25 for more stuff. There is also a case for holding embellishments and one sized for tools etc. would those be a better buy than a case for just stamps. What do you pro gals think I should do.
Buy small CD rack at thrift store mount flat will work for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2013, 03:47 AM   #7  
Cardstock Collector

I am taking a free class Getting Organized at Scrapebooking.com It is fun and is teaching me some great ideas. One day we took pictures of our scraping area. Mine was pretty messy. Then we did a page in the messy area and really understood that a clean area would be easier to work in. I am now starting to clean up my area, one part at a time. Sugamom (which is also the license plate on my car which is why it is spelled wrong, only can have 7 letters.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2013, 08:51 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi thanks for all the ideas... I will have to keep my eyes open for storage items that might work for me. have a good weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2013, 02:36 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

I use small milk crates for mine. Well I only have one because I couldn't find any at Walmart or Target. Looks like I may have to go back.

Right now I use a basket to hold the rest of my CTMH stamps.

I do have the My Acrylix organizer but I use that for 6x6 paper pads. I didn't like keeping my CTMH stamps in there because I never really saw them. But as I'm using them more often I found that using the milk crate was easier for me.

Although if I'm going to a crop and taking a large assortment of stamps with me I would probably use the organizer. Usually I try to pre-organize everything I'm taking to crops. Which means I do the cutting and scoring at home. I mean I'll bring a scorer in case it's needed for the class. But my Scor-Pal is just so big to pack. I think I need to invest in a Scor-Buddy and I'm thinking of rather then bringing my Fiskars rotary trimmer for crops I may start packing one of my guillotines instead.

I try hard to not take up a lot of space when I go to a crop. And only what will easily pack into my CM rolling bag. Which I love even more now because I found out that it has a hidden zippered compartment to hold 12x12 paper. Had it for 7 years and didn't notice it until just a couple of months ago. Usually only fill it up half-way and then take out what I need. If I take everything out I just fold my rolling bag down to where it stands flat on it's two wheels.

Good luck on finding the best storage solution. Let us know what you decide.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2013, 03:20 AM   #10  
Kookie Creator

I just put mine (less than 25) in a wire basket. Makes them easy to flip thru and keeps them all in one place.
Kathy T
Reply With Quote Likes