Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-28-2009, 12:36 PM   #601  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

OMGoodness, there are a good chunk of you ladies up in the NW part of the state! A while ago I think cbapp (amazing cardmaker who does Copics better than I can ever hope to!) was interested in meeting up with folk in the area.

Have any of you ever been to Anchor Paper just outside (south) of Minneapolis/St Paul? I love that place!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 06:48 PM   #602  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello! I just found this thread. I live in Salem down in the south eastern part of the state.

Please visit me at my blog.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 07:05 PM   #603  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by elizgmomView Post
Hello! I just found this thread. I live in Salem down in the south eastern part of the state.
Welcome!!!! I am in Wausau in the central part of the state.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 05:43 AM   #604  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stay tuned...

Quote:

Hello, Keep subscribed to this thread for lots of interesting activities, swaps and get - togethers. :-D

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 11:35 AM   #605  
Glitter Queen

Hi Cheryl!
Welcome! I'm pretty new to SCS - but love paper crafts. I'm in the Brookfield area.
Happy Holidays Everyone!
Becky
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 02:05 PM   #606  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,311 Likes on 2,496 Posts

Cheryl--welcome to SCS. The Wisconsin group has gotten together in the past year a couple of times and there are some things in January in Madison and Wauwatosa. Check the get Together forum on SCS to see more info.

I am from the Waukesha area and just retired from teaching at Waterford and have spent many evenings at Westosha HS for sports!

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 05:18 AM   #607  
Kookie Creator

Thumbs up Friendship, WI swap

Hey everyone!!!
Here is the link to the 2010 Friendship swap. It's not until April but some people need a little time to think it over.
Hope to see you there!
Mel
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 09:58 AM   #608  
Embossing Fanatic

I just visited Anchor this past week --anytime i'm up that way. My home town was St. Paul. They recently combined their Burnsville store witht the one in Mpls. I buy my paper there in bulk. Greqt staff and lots of paper/stamps. I'm not sure if there is any place like that in the Wisc area.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 11:20 AM   #609  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmr1957View Post
I just visited Anchor this past week --anytime i'm up that way. My home town was St. Paul. They recently combined their Burnsville store witht the one in Mpls. I buy my paper there in bulk. Greqt staff and lots of paper/stamps. I'm not sure if there is any place like that in the Wisc area.
I love, love, love Anchor Paper! I discovered them (and their awesomely supportive staff) when a friend of mine asked me to do her wedding stationery and we needed things cut precisely (to make a pocket fold invite and it's contents!)

I've never been to The Paper Cut in the Appleton, WI area, but from the rave reviews and sound of it, it seems like a reasonable alternative if we WI folk can't have our own Anchor store.

Welcome jmr, to this thread and to SCS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 04:33 PM   #610  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

I also love Anchor Paper. I have gone to all of the stores in the cities numerous times and they are so great! There is also a paper place near downtown Minneapolis called The Paper Depot. That is another awesome store to stop in at if you are in the cities. I have boxes of envies from both places--can't beat the prices.

I am not sure the Paper Cut has the supplies at the retail level that either one of these stores do, but I also have not gone to their summer sale--maybe in 2010.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 05:45 PM   #611  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaniebean55View Post
I love, love, love Anchor Paper! I discovered them (and their awesomely supportive staff) when a friend of mine asked me to do her wedding stationery and we needed things cut precisely (to make a pocket fold invite and it's contents!)

I've never been to The Paper Cut in the Appleton, WI area, but from the rave reviews and sound of it, it seems like a reasonable alternative if we WI folk can't have our own Anchor store.

Welcome jmr, to this thread and to SCS!
I LOVE The Paper Cut! They are always at our stamp shows here in Wausau. I always look for them. The next one is a small one at Ceder Creek mall. The big one is in June at Greenheck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 06:14 PM   #612  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

What or where is Greenheck?

Quote:

Originally Posted by meluvstampinView Post
I LOVE The Paper Cut! They are always at our stamp shows here in Wausau. I always look for them. The next one is a small one at Ceder Creek mall. The big one is in June at Greenheck.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2010, 04:58 PM   #613  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just putting the word out for anyone who might like to come hang out with some stamp sisters Jan 23 at Archivers in Madison (Middleton really, if you're getting technical ... lol!).

If that's not a good day for you, the next weekend there's another 'do' Milwaukee way.

Looking forward to meeting up with SCS online friends, old and new.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2010, 09:47 PM   #614  
Insane Embellisher

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi all! I'm from Waterford (5 years ago it was Wausau). Moved here when I retired after 25 years of working in the area of education in churches around the country--AZ, OR, WI. I just found this thread and thought I'd say "HI!" Barbaralynn, I believe Greenheck is the name of the gym at D.C. Everest High School in a Wausau suburb. There's a big stamp/scrapbook convention there every year. What did you teach in Waterford? When I moved here from the Wausau area, I started working part time at the Waterford Library. Love it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 03:44 AM   #615  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfmorganView Post
Hi all! I'm from Waterford (5 years ago it was Wausau). Moved here when I retired after 25 years of working in the area of education in churches around the country--AZ, OR, WI. I just found this thread and thought I'd say "HI!" Barbaralynn, I believe Greenheck is the name of the gym at D.C. Everest High School in a Wausau suburb. There's a big stamp/scrapbook convention there every year. What did you teach in Waterford? When I moved here from the Wausau area, I started working part time at the Waterford Library. Love it.
Hi there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 04:28 AM   #616  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just want to put out a final all call for anyone who may be sitting on the fence about coming to the Madtown Gathering at Archivers.

This will be my fourth gathering of SCS stampers. Every time, I've met new people and so far have yet to meet anyone I wouldn't enjoy getting to know better. Every time I've been inspired in my stamping in one way or another. (I suppose it doesn't take much to inspire me. I seem to be the eternal rookie, so maybe that part doesn't count for much. LOL! But I bet most of the folk who've been involved would say the same. )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 08:05 AM   #617  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Hi all! I'm from Waterford (5 years ago it was Wausau). Moved here when I retired after 25 years of working in the area of education in churches around the country--AZ, OR, WI. I just found this thread and thought I'd say "HI!" What did you teach in Waterford? When I moved here from the Wausau area, I started working part time at the Waterford Library. Love it.
HEY!! HI!!!! dfmorgan, I live in Waterford too!!!! I teach at the middle school and you've probably seen my son checking out DVD's at the library. (Does Pam Belden still work there?) We definitely need to touch bases!
pm me and we'll chat!!!!

Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 08:20 AM   #618  
Inking Addict

Default I would like to

know for sure where Greenheck is and how do we find out about the shows? I like about 60 miles from there but go to the doc at the clinic there. Can some one fill me in please!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 02:03 PM   #619  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmtaylorView Post
know for sure where Greenheck is and how do we find out about the shows? I like about 60 miles from there but go to the doc at the clinic there. Can some one fill me in please!
The Greenheck Fieldhouse Show is always in June and its usually the 3rd Saturday.
It is right near St Claires Hospital/Clinic in Weston (suburb of Wausau)
I found so many goodies last year and they do hourly drawings for some awesome prize packages.
I always post this info on the Get Together and I will post it on this thread.

The Stamp Shoppe is a sponsor of this show and it is always noted on their newsletter and there calendar for the month of June when it gets closer.
Nossers in Rhinelander is a co-sponsor of this show. Last year the goodie bags were awesome!
http://www.thestampshoppe.com/

Then in November The Scrapbook Studio sponsors the show at John Muir.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #620  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Another Waterford person--you sure will need to hook up with Joy! I would love to meet you in real life too. Do you shop in the Milwaukee area? How about Mikes or Joanns on Blue Mound in Brookfield? Or Creative Pals--home of Whipper Snapper Stamp, also in Brookfield. There is also a cute LSS in Mukwonago. Where you in Waterford when there was a stamp store there--Audrey owned it and it was so nice--the Stamp Fanatic? She got me hooked on SCS as well as Stampin Up--darn her!

I taught Health at the high school and also was the Athletic Director for 18 years. This is my first year of retirement and I love it! I do not need to make that 20 minute drive every morning and stay late for events a couple of nights every week.

Welcome to the thread--hope to meet you sometime--Barb

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 03:33 PM   #621  
Cardstock Collector

Smile Make-N-Take Teachers Needed

I'm looking for people to teach 45-minute Make-N-Takes at our 3-day crop in Bolingbrook, IL April 23, 24, 25.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 04:00 PM   #622  
Insane Embellisher

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, Barbaralynn, I was here for Stamp Fanatic for about a year and a half before they closed. Many of the card club members that met there monthly now meet in my home as a continuation.
My son lived in Waukesha long before I moved here, and Creative Pals (both places before they became one) was part of my stomping ground when I visited. Actually I get over there at least once a month still. I go to Serendipity in Waukesha and The Scrapbook Store at South Ridge, but my main place is Polka Dots and More in Mukwonago. Such nice ladies there. Of course Mikes in New Berlin and Brookfield as well as Joann's are regular stops as well.
I'd love to meet you and Joy. I just sent her an email as she asked. Maybe we can all get together for lunch on a weekend? Or go shopping at one of these stores and then have lunch......:-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 05:05 PM   #623  
Stampin' Fool

Count me in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 05:20 PM   #624  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

OK--the three of us have a date! Maybe a road trip--Polka Dots, the new Serendipty store in downtown Waukesha, Creative Pals and then a Mike's and Joanns. Lunch someplace too. And, in the summer when Joy is not teaching, we need to take a trip to Maidson for a stop at Gina K's as she is not open on Saturdays.

Who is a part of your crew that meets in Waterford? If you don't want to post names here, you can PM or email me.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 07:10 PM   #625  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am going to visit my SIL again in May and plan on taking some time to stop in Milwaukee area on the way. I so want to go to Whipper Snapper Shop!
Any other must stop at places in Milwaukee, Kenosha, Oshkosh?

My SIl lives in kenosha so i will finally get to a Hobby Lobby again and we always make a 30 minute drive to Gurnee Mills to Archivers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #626  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmfergView Post
Me,me,me...I do!!!

I live in Kaukauna...(say that 10 times fast...lol)

Which is in between Appleton and Green Bay.

So who else here is from WI?
Im from Waupaca! Its between Appleton and Stevens Point.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 02:42 PM   #627  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Welcome!!!! I am in Wausau in the central part of the state.
I am in Waupaca, between Stevens Point and Appleton. Just found this group forum thanks to jeaniebean55.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 03:06 PM   #628  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

There is a great store in Mukwonago that we have written about--that is a not to miss store.

QUOTE=meluvstampin;15869097]I am going to visit my SIL again in May and plan on taking some time to stop in Milwaukee area on the way. I so want to go to Whipper Snapper Shop!

My SIl lives in kenosha so i will finally get to a Hobby Lobby again and we always make a 30 minute drive to Gurnee Mills to Archivers.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by barbaralynn; 01-10-2010 at 03:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #629  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you !!!

I live in Wausau. About 30 miles north of Stevens Point
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #630  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Thank you !!!

I live in Wausau. About 30 miles north of Stevens Point
Thats cool. Nice to meet you. I know Wausau fairly well. I would shop there all the time when I used to live in Plover. I've been to a few stamp expo's there as well. Waupaca doesn't have any stamping stores, the good thing is i'm only a 30-45minute drive to Archivers in Appleton.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 04:38 PM   #631  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Michelle, Glad you found us over here
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 04:41 PM   #632  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
There is a great store in Mukwonago that we have written about--that is a not to miss store.
Is that PolkaDots? I think I heard good things about that place.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #633  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I am going to visit my SIL again in May and plan on taking some time to stop in Milwaukee area on the way. I so want to go to Whipper Snapper Shop!

My SIl lives in kenosha so i will finally get to a Hobby Lobby again and we always make a 30 minute drive to Gurnee Mills to Archivers.
I live in Kenosha county. There is also a good store in Antioch, IL called Hannah's. It is not a chain and carries some different stuff than HL or Archivers. There is a Michael's in Gurnee too. Don't know if you have one of those by you or not.

Where is Whipper Snapper Shop????

Let me know if you find any where else good. I am always looking for a new place to support my habit.

Please visit me at my blog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 04:57 PM   #634  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Yes, and they have a rummage sale the weekend of the 30th. They have a huge room filled with lots of used items for stamping and scrapping from area people.

Here is the website:

http://www.stamperscupboard.com/index.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaniebean55View Post
Is that PolkaDots? I think I heard good things about that place.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 05:01 PM   #635  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Creative Pals is the home store for Whipper Snapper--it is on Blue Mound Road, in Brookfield, behind Koops, in Galeria West.

Here is the site:

http://www.creativepals.com/

Quote:

I live in Kenosha county. There is also a good store in Antioch, IL called Hannah's. It is not a chain and carries some different stuff than HL or Archivers. There is a Michael's in Gurnee too. Don't know if you have one of those by you or not.

Where is Whipper Snapper Shop????

Let me know if you find any where else good. I am always looking for a new place to support my habit.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2010, 08:54 AM   #636  
Stazon Splitcoast

Welcome everyone. Hope some of you newbies will check out all the Wisconsin activities and join in some of the fun.

Barb: We need to get you to do a file of all the sites/stores you know. You always come up with the name and website and great ideas for all of us. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2010, 01:46 PM   #637  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm also in Madison. One exit away from Archivers and Michael's, to be exact.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2010, 03:47 PM   #638  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakalahView Post
I'm also in Madison. One exit away from Archivers and Michael's, to be exact.
Now, how perfect is that?!

Have you ever done one of the Archiver's ScrapMania events? The one on the 23rd will be my first.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2010, 06:27 PM   #639  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi, I just found this thread...I'm originally from Fort Atkinson and now live along the Mississippi River in the extreme SW corner of WI....Hi to all the fellow WI stampers!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #640  
Hardware Hotshot

I haven't done any of the Archiver's events, although I've shopped there plenty of times when things are going on (looks like marathon scrap sessions usually). What's sad is I haven't even done the free make and take events they have there, and I'm really only 10 minutes away!
Reply With Quote Likes