Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-15-2010, 07:18 PM   #441  
Die Cut Diva

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Ripon!!!

We're practically neighbors, Connie!!!

I usually go to Fond du Lac, but tonight I needed some florals. So, we went to Oshkosh instead! 6 of one, half dozen of the other for me! Both about 20 min! I've been to Scrapbook Cottage before, but it's been a while!

There used to be a really nice scrapbook store in Ripon, but I haven't been there in a while either. Is it still there???

I know that the store in Waupun closed down too!

It is so hard to keep a retail store open in our small little towns!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2010, 04:00 AM   #442  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi everyone!
Here is the info for stamp show in Wausau on June 26th!

Need some new ideas? Need
to be inspired? Here’s an
event that can make that
happen. There will be demos,
make and takes, samples and
new products for sale!
Saturday, June 26, 2010
9am—3 pm
Scrapping & Stamping
Summer Convention
Stamp and Scrapbook
Convention in Wausau, WI
At the Patriot Center
10101 Market Street
Rothschild, WI 54474
Pre-register for $5
on-line or in-store
OR
$6.50 at the door
Super Goodie Bags handed
out to all that Pre-register
Bring in a food item for the
Food Pantry for tickets for
Door Prizes!
Product Reps for Demos
and Make-N-Takes
Fabulous Prizes!
This is one show you don’t
want to miss!

http://thestampshoppe.com/currentnewsletter.pdf
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2010, 06:20 AM   #443  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month November 2012

Received 205 Likes on 158 Posts

I spent the day yesterday at the stamp expo in Milwaukee. Was on the lookout for CURDS but didn't run into any. Asked one girl who looked familiar if she was a CURD and she said no but she was with the CIA---Creative Impression Artists. Lots of new stuff there. Be sure to stop by Ron & Jeff's booth in the back of the hall if you go today, they have some great deals on paper.

It’s weird being the same age as old people.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2010, 07:24 AM   #444  
Die Cut Diva

Default I know 2 who went!

I know BarbaraLynn was there with LauraJean!!! Barb is on this thread, but not sure about LJ.

But, I know both ladies also help with my RMDH Stamping Project, Tina(meluvstampin) does too!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2010, 08:08 AM   #445  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

I was there yesterday with my sister for most of the day. Didn't see Barb, though. Only saw a couple of ladies from my stamp classes. It was really crowded.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2010, 08:28 AM   #446  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,314 Likes on 2,499 Posts

I saw Robyn at one booth, but too did not see anyone else. Other than Laura Jean, who came with me and Terry from Racine, who we went out to eat with after the show.

Yes, it was very crowded! We got there at 9:20 or so and still had to wait in line to get in. We left at 1:30 and Terry and her SIL Kim came to Denny's about 2:15. It seemed like a pretty small room to me--I guess I think Waukesha has more space for the booths, but does not have the additional rooms for classes like the hotel conference rooms. They are back at the hotel in the fall.

I was disappointed in the number of booths--did anyone else think that?

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2010, 08:49 AM   #447  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

They had more booths than last year. Last year, the back corner was completely empty.

I like it better at Waukesha. I think they used 3 big rooms there last year.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2010, 09:00 AM   #448  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Don't like the fact that you pay so much to get in and then have vendors selling sheets, over-priced chocolates and jewelry. I remember when they used to have it there and there were 2 rooms and the entire hallway full of stamping/crafting vendors. It was crowded and I know they were hurting for vendors because they called Ron & Jeff at the last minute to come down with their paper and stuff. I know the vendors are charged quite a bit for booth space but I do miss some of my favorites like Amy's Magic and Stampland.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2010, 06:28 PM   #449  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

I wish Whipper Snapper would have been there with their $1 bare rubber images--they were in Waukesha last spring, but not last fall.

They do charge a lot for a booth and some have very large ones, so they must be quite costly. I am not sure that it is "worth" paying $7 with the discount-not sure if anyone paid the full $10.

Did anyone take a class or see how many were in one? I'd be curious to know if they were full. I am not sure how much the Waukesha Expo charges verus a hotel ballroom.

Oh well--I guess I like Waukesha better as I am sure Melody does as it is less than 10 minutes from my house..........................

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2010, 07:14 PM   #450  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tiffany, Tamara and I went at about 2 pm on Saturday, walked right in, no lines and plenty of space to move around. It wasn't crowded at all. We weren't very impressed, a lot of the same stuff, not much going on for technique demonstrations and that's what I really wanted to see. The good news is I spent less than $10 -- that's a first!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2010, 07:35 PM   #451  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

At the end of the day on Sat., the promoter asked who like it better at the hotel & who liked it better at the hotel? It was about even in the show of hands. He said the Fall show will be at the hotel & he was deciding if he wanted to sign a contract with the hotel. The Whippersnapper owner said it's too expensive to have a booth. She did have a $1 sale at her factory last year. I've heard from several vendors that they don't like this show promoter.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2010, 07:06 AM   #452  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

I too have heard some not so positive things about the promoter. A few say it is very disorganized and I also am aware that it is pretty expensive for a booth. I do not know how it compares to the Madison show or others.

Someone is making some good money--that is for sure. The smallest booth is $555 and it goes up from there. You can see the prices on the website. I know that there are many costs with running a convention, but to me, this is pretty expensive and a company needs to make some pretty good money to even break even!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2010, 03:48 AM   #453  
Embossing Fanatic

hey everyone, I have to agree I was a bit nervous when I saw the vendors for all the other "stuff" made me think this was not what I paid for. Compared to the the show is St. Paul, MN this one is a bit smaller but easier to get around. Size wise you could do a couple rounds and re-visit some vendors. I was surprised that the paper vendor from MN hasn't changed their stock in quite some time. Used to road trip to shop there. But it must work for them. Overall I saw maybe 4 vendors I really liked, but won't repeat a visit this fall.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2010, 11:53 AM   #454  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmr1957View Post
hey everyone, I have to agree I was a bit nervous when I saw the vendors for all the other "stuff" made me think this was not what I paid for. Compared to the the show is St. Paul, MN this one is a bit smaller but easier to get around. Size wise you could do a couple rounds and re-visit some vendors. I was surprised that the paper vendor from MN hasn't changed their stock in quite some time. Used to road trip to shop there. But it must work for them. Overall I saw maybe 4 vendors I really liked, but won't repeat a visit this fall.
The card they sent out indicated that there were also going to be other vendors (Ladies fashion or some such). I'm glad that most of those were out in the hall instead of inside the big room.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2010, 05:32 PM   #455  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
I too have heard some not so positive things about the promoter. A few say it is very disorganized and I also am aware that it is pretty expensive for a booth. I do not know how it compares to the Madison show or others.

Someone is making some good money--that is for sure. The smallest booth is $555 and it goes up from there. You can see the prices on the website. I know that there are many costs with running a convention, but to me, this is pretty expensive and a company needs to make some pretty good money to even break even!
Good gracious! And everyone walking in through the door gets charged. I agree, that there are certainly costs we don't see associated with organizing and running a convention, but ... wow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2010, 07:25 PM   #456  
Stazon Splitcoast

Pros and Cons. I've been going for the past several years and it has gotten smaller and smaller. A lot of my favorites have not been at the last couple.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 01:33 PM   #457  
Inking Addict

I had a good time there. Did not care about those booths as we came in but other than that ,no complaints. Met some real nice ladies at lunch time that sat with us, had some laughs and shared what we all bought which was PLENTY.LOL. Stopped to see Robin, also saw Diane. Tamara & Tiffaney, no other curds. I would go again. Lady_di
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 12:13 PM   #458  
Stazon Splitcoast

Everyone must be enjoining the end of school and start of 'summer' activities. I am still applying for jobs. I had 1 interview and haven't heard anything. Worked on reorganizing my office/craft room, a couple hours a day...should have it where I want in a few ????. Also working on my items for Jackson on the 26th and thinking about what I want to do for Hartford. Since I am not going to SU Convention this year, I signed up for CHA in IL the end of July and reserved a room. My sister will be visiting for 2 weeks just before, so I will need a nice vacation after she leaves. (VERY STRONG TYPE AAA personality, but I still love her.)

Any events coming up that we want to get together for?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2010, 04:14 AM   #459  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hang in there, Robyn! The turning of the page to the next chapter of a person's life always seems to come with at least a tinge of scariness, don't you think? But the chance for new opportunities is so worth it, IMHO. Sending good thoughts your way that this next new chapter is the best one yet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2010, 10:53 AM   #460  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the good thoughts. I won't start panicking until the UC ends. I know there is a new position out there for me, I just have to find the right door.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaniebean55View Post
Hang in there, Robyn! The turning of the page to the next chapter of a person's life always seems to come with at least a tinge of scariness, don't you think? But the chance for new opportunities is so worth it, IMHO. Sending good thoughts your way that this next new chapter is the best one yet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #461  
Embossing Fanatic

Happy to help. Keep a good attitude it seems to go along way. It is a nice community isn't it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 06:38 AM   #462  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

crossing my fingers (and toes) for you too Robyn--hope you get something so you've got some extra spending money for CHA!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2010, 09:00 AM   #463  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a little stash of money for CHA so even if I don't get a job, I have some spending. I just keep on applying and someday, a door will open. In the mean time, I'm working on the Microsoft Certification, stamping, surfing the web, commenting and enjoying some lazy time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2010, 09:03 AM   #464  
Matboard Maniac

It's good that you are keeping a positive attitude. Good luck with the job hunting and enjoy your time off!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2010, 10:36 AM   #465  
Die Cut Diva

Default Package for RMD!

Robyn,

My hubby just came home for lunch, and stopped by the PO to get the mail! What a surprise to get a BIG box of cards from you for my RMDH project!!! Then, I opened up my e-mail and got the notification about your post to this thread!

Thank you sooooo much! They are beautiful! I will post a picture to the RMD thread as well! I just thought it was a coinsidence that right after I opened the box, there was a message from you about something else on my computer!;)

They will be put to good use for sure!

You are also in my thoughts and prayers for a job! What type of job are you looking for???

Thanks again!

Jane

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2010, 06:00 AM   #466  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jane,

Thank you for the support. I think that all the good wishes and fellowship here at SCS has helped a lot with keeping my attitude positive. I am looking for an Administrative Assistant or Executive Assistant positions within about 25 miles of my home. There is a lot out and I'm sure I'll find something when I find the right door that the Lord has opened for me. I just have to keep looking.

Thanks to you for all you are doing with the RMH work. It helps to have one person holding all the reins and keeping us all in line and connected.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2010, 06:05 AM   #467  
Die Cut Diva

Default BIG HUGS!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2010, 08:12 PM   #468  
Kookie Creator

Has anyone seen where I could buy small, square apotocary-type jars with glass lids (like the Anything But at the Friendship Swap that had coffee beans in it). It's about 2-1/2" tall and 2" wide. Ann decided she'd like to have those on the tables at the wedding on July 3rd -- I've been looking online and the freight to get them here is much more than the cost of the jars! I'd like to spend about $1.50 each or so and I need about 30 of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2010, 02:30 AM   #469  
Kookie Creator

Smile Glass Jars

Elaine (stitcher1) had gotten a bunch at a thrift store or yard sale a while back. Get in touch with her to see if she still has them and if she would consider selling them. If you two work something out Lady Di and I could bring them to the Jackson Swap.
Mel
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2010, 02:43 AM   #470  
Kookie Creator

LOL - I thought about calling you last night, I thought you'd know a connection! I'll contact Elaine today - thanks, Mel!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2010, 03:41 AM   #471  
Kookie Creator

Default Other Places

You may want to try the Dollar tree too. If you find something that will work we could get 30 easy with all of us in different locations. Who knows you my even get 30 at one store. They have alot of cute glass and baskets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2010, 01:04 PM   #472  
Stazon Splitcoast

Diane,

I have checked some stores out by me (Ben Franklin, Walgreens, K-Mart, Target, Wal-Mart, Jo-Ann's) and several sites online and can not find the jars in the 4 oz size. That is the size of the Anchor Hocking Fountain Square Storage jar - #80-T are.

The Anchor Hocking site doesn't show them that small.

I did find a site with 4 oz jars and lids (not the fountain square) for around the price you are talking. You might want to check it out.

The Jar Store
http://www.jarstore.com/catalog/prod...353c016cd6a094
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2010, 06:06 PM   #473  
Kookie Creator

Thanks, everyone! Ann decided to do some crafting with organza bags rather than the jars, afterall!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 08:10 PM   #474  
Crimping Master

Hi ladies,

Looking to connect with fellow wisconsinites... Seems like most are south of me, I'm in Washburn County, but it sure is nice to connect. I wanna be a curd...sounds like you ladies have tons of fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2010, 03:19 AM   #475  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by HandmadebymeView Post
Hi ladies,

Looking to connect with fellow wisconsinites... Seems like most are south of me, I'm in Washburn County, but it sure is nice to connect. I wanna be a curd...sounds like you ladies have tons of fun.
Welcome, Renee! Consider yourself an official CURD

Off to go look up Washburn County now ... can't remember where it is related to Rhinelander (lived in Rhinelander for a few years, bought our first house there ... the little house in the big woods (well, right next to the big woods, Nicolet). Very fond memories.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2010, 03:30 AM   #476  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ah, you're not too far from Spooner ... seems like I know an SCSr who's close to Chippewa Falls ... let me see if I can track that down ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2010, 03:40 AM   #477  
Stazon Splitcoast

Found her! It's cjbapp. She hasn't posted on SCS in a while, but a pm never hurt, right? She has an amazing gallery, she loves Copics and she would have come down to our first Gina K gathering (Madison, WI) but there wasn't anyone else coming from that area and she didn't want to drive all that way on her own.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2010, 08:07 AM   #478  
Stazon Splitcoast

Welcome Renee', glad to have another Curd. Mooooooo.

You may want to bookmark the following thread. Mel keeps it updated with events going on in the state (that she knows about, or that the rest of us tell her about). Anyone who can make it shows up.

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2010, 03:09 PM   #479  
Crimping Master

Thanks Jeanie, I'll pm her to find out what's going on in her neck of the woods.

Robyn, I'll take a look at that thread next...

Yay, happy to be a curd...lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2010, 08:16 AM   #480  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hope everyone had a great 4th and have recovered. It's been pretty quiet. Got caught up on some stamping and sewing projects and looking for gatherings.
Reply With Quote Likes