Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-17-2006, 05:51 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TN SCS Shoebox Swap Thread

What are you bringing for the showbox swap?

I'm bringing a card made with Bodacious Bouquet and Rich Regals Colors.

Post your ideas here so that we get a great mix of cards and ideas!

P.S. Your creations do not have to be Stampin' Up! only. And we are doing full cards, not just card fronts.

Guidelines for our shoebox swap (I copied and pasted from our origonal get together thread)
How a Shoe Box Party works:
Everyone comes up with a project to share and all the supplies to make that project. It could be as simple as a card, or as involved as a stamped beaded pen! Anything goes!! You just bring one completed sample, along with printed detailed instructions on how to make it as well as a shoebox with ALL the supplies necessary for each person to complete one!

For example, if it is an embossed card, you would supply the paper, embossing ink, embossing powder, embossing gun, EVERYTHING!!! Whatever you choose, you must bring everything to make it -- paper punches, ink pads, markers, eyelets with setter tool, rubber stamps, glitter, ribbon, BABY WIPES AND STAMP SCRUBBERS, I mean EVERYTHING!!!

Please precut ALL the pieces so that they are ready to be stamped or assembled. It is also helpful if you pre-score pieces to keep things moving along. *Optional---create "packets" by putting all the paper pieces for one in a zip lock bag for each person to keep them from getting soiled by anything else in the box! ONLY put in the baggie and in the box the exact items needed to complete a duplicate of your sample (no alternative ink choices etc). This cuts down on the time to complete the projects since there is no "thinking" to do or choices to be made!

On the day of the party, everyone brings their shoebox along, and between gabbing, eating, etc, the boxes will be stationed around the room and each person makes one of each project!

It is a lot of fun and everyone leaves with a bunch of new ideas!! You will NOT be demonstrating your project unless it is difficult-so be sure that you include detailed instructions *if needed* that are clear and easy to understand!!

Everyone needs to bring enough supplies for all participating in the shoebox swap to make their project. It's always nice to throw in some extras in case someone makes a boo-boo.

***EACH PERSON MUST BRING THEIR OWN ADHESIVE, SCISSORS, RULER, AND PEN, CLEARLY MARKED WITH YOUR NAME OR INITIALS*** You will take these to each station to complete the projects. The last shoe box swap I attended I ran out of mono-adhesive, so glad I had brought a refill! If your project requires extra strong adhesive, you must supply it, some of us only have mono adhesive or glue-sticks.

Last edited by TNstampgirl; 08-01-2006 at 08:00 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2006, 06:19 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Wink TN Gathering

I think I've decided to use the Bud Basics stamp set. I'll be using a mix of Rich Regals and Soft Subtles. Getting excited to meet everyone!! ;)

Having teenagers is like being PECKED TO DEATH
by a duck!!!!! :O
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2006, 02:39 PM   #3  
Glitter Queen

Default My card

I used Spot On (Jumbo Wheel), Seeing Spots & Wishing You the Best. Colors are from Bold Brights.

Can't wait to see what everyone else makes.

Carolyn W.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2006, 07:22 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

I used watercolor garden I. My colors are brocade blue, chocolate chip, creamy carmel, and so saffron. It is a card you can use for any occasion as I have a bunch of tag tidbit words to stamp on the tag that will be on the card.
Jen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2006, 01:02 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm using Gently Falling - colors are summer sun, black and white.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2006, 06:00 PM   #6  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuburnTigerTN
I'm using Gently Falling - colors are summer sun, black and white.
I'm relatively new, but I don't see Gently Falling in the catty for this year or last year... is it brand new or something? (Cause we are only using current sets, right?)

Thanks in advance for bearing with the new gal!

Carolyn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2006, 06:43 PM   #7  
Cardstock Collector

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitex5
I'm relatively new, but I don't see Gently Falling in the catty for this year or last year... is it brand new or something? (Cause we are only using current sets, right?)

Thanks in advance for bearing with the new gal!

Carolyn
Yes, Gently Falling was a Free Sell-A-Bration set with purchase back in Jan/Feb, so it is no longer available for us to demo for customers to purchase.

I was under the assumption that we could only use current sets now in the main catalog or current mini. Please let me know if this is not correct, as I am in the process of deciding myself.

Becky H.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2006, 07:32 PM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnsunflower
Yes, Gently Falling was a Free Sell-A-Bration set with purchase back in Jan/Feb, so it is no longer available for us to demo for customers to purchase.

I was under the assumption that we could only use current sets now in the main catalog or current mini. Please let me know if this is not correct, as I am in the process of deciding myself.

Becky H.

I don't believe it was decided. I had suggested it, but a number of us wanted to use other things. I'm okay with whatever anyone wants to do.

abcima
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2006, 05:38 AM   #9  
Glitter Queen

Default Sets we use...

Thanks for the info ladies. As for using or not using current sets, I would vote for current. I am a demo and would like to be able to show the cards we make. If old sets are used I won't be able to show them.

What does everyone else think? Let's decide.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2006, 05:53 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

I had thought we said it didn't matter either. Thankfully I did use a current SU! set as mine are done. My tiny words for the tag are from The Angel Company but you can just not add the tag if you'd like. This is just suppose to be a fun get together so I say let's not let this be stressful. If there are a few ladies who don't have current stamps because they are new or whatever than I don't think it is a big deal to have 1 or 2 cards out of the 30 that are not current. But then again I am not a demo so this is just my thoughts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2006, 07:41 AM   #11  
Glitter Queen

Ok ladies, I've decided to use Sweet Shapes for my swap. I'm still up in the air on the colors, I can't make too many decisions at one time.

I can't wait, this is going to be loads of fun!

Valerie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2006, 08:54 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Stuff

I read - SU or Not SU - not all of us are demo's - just people wanting to get together to make cards. I'm not a demo - so I don't care. It was even mentioned that some are bringing stamps that are not SU.

So before I go out and buy my supplies - could someone make a decision on this?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2006, 10:12 AM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

Keva, the event organizer, posted this on the other thread:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hi All...I would like to clarify the swap *rules* for everyone because some questions have been asked. As far as whether or not we can use retired stamp sets or sets that are not SU......well, I personally don't care. This is supposed to be a fun time for SCSers to get together and get new ideas and meet people. It is not a Demo only event nor is it an SU event. I guess what I am saying is that we can all come, have fun, and make some great cards, but they don't HAVE to be current SU stamps. If you have an issue with this, please post so we can all get a perspective on it that maybe we don't have. I bought the cutest little stamps on EBay yesterday by Stampendous (I think) that would look so great on a card and even though it won't be the one I use for the shoebox swap, it could be. I don't want to make anyone feel bad or left out in this and that's why I think it is better to have really no restrictions on the shoebox swap....I know that a LOT of us love SU cardstock and would *prefer* it, but I won't refuse to stamp if that's not what you bring...overall, this is supposed to just be a nice fun event....I hope everyone feels the same."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2006, 11:01 AM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

"Keva, the event organizer"??? Wow, I feel important now..LOL

I am really sorry that we are losing people because I have said that we can use whatever. Believe me, I LOVE SU...I'm a Demo, for Pete's sake, but I just really don't think having too many RULES will make this very fun...Like I have said before: This is not a Demo only or SU event...its just a fun event. It really doesn't make sense to me to come/go to this event with my *Demo* hat on because it is not a selling event nor is it a recruiting event..it's just an event for the folks of SCS to get together, mix, mingle, eat..oh, and stamp. I am going to PM all of the participants just so we are all on the same page. I am about to put my big girl panties on and PM folks..LOL

We shouldn't have expectations of others that we, ourselves, could not fulfill.

my blog: hownowbrownkow
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2006, 11:08 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brownee
I am about to put my big girl panties on and PM folks..LOL
Keva you are too funny!

I think I'm going to use All Natural set, but not sure what colors yet.

Edited 7/28 to add colors: Not Quite Navy, Pretty in Pink & Vanilla

Last edited by Suzanne; 07-28-2006 at 04:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2006, 11:39 AM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

Argh, I don't know what set(s) or colors to use! I am a CASER all the way, so I am frantic trying to come up with an original idea for the shoebox swap. I better go look for some inspiration!!
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2006, 07:58 PM   #17  
Matboard Maniac

I'll be using Close to Nature and Swirling Leaves with Burgandy. It's a fun card--I hope y'all like it!

abcima
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2006, 11:13 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Don't sweat it Vanessa, I am a total caser too. In fact my card that I am making was cased from AmyLou here on SCS. I wrote you her and told her about this event and asked if I could case her card. Most people are flattered if you case them and she was, here is her answer:

Awwwww... I'm flattered!!!!!!! I don't mind at all! Case away!!!!!! Thank you so much for the compliment!! You just made my day!

Amy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2006, 04:07 PM   #19  
Insane Embellisher

I really think I am going to use "Flaky Friends" not sure on the colors yet. I think we will have a great time...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2006, 06:47 PM   #20  
Gallery Gazer

Darn it..I am SO undecided (feels like college...LOL) on what I am going to do and it is 2 weeks from TOMORROW!!! Argh!!! It looks like we have a lot of floral type sets, so I want to do something different..hmm...maybe Living Large. I love that set! Hmm...maybe a fall or Christmas card...I will try to decide by tomorrow!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2006, 10:58 AM   #21  
Cardstock Collector

I will be bringing the "Loads of Love" stamp set and maybe the accessory stamp set. I am new at this and can't wait to meet .
debbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2006, 08:30 PM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

Ok, I know I said I was going to use Bud Basics w/Rich Regals and Soft Subtles...well, I'm not! I've done a bad thing and changed my set as well as my colors! The design I planned turned out...well, just plain UGLY!! I've changed my design and I hope you guys won't mind. (This is so much better!) I'm going to use Mixed Bouquet w/Elegant Eggplant and some pinky colors. Oh, and I'm doing a little project instead of a card. It's something I enjoyed making and hope you will too. I blabbed my mouth too soon about what I was planning to do. I should have known better. ;)

Having teenagers is like being PECKED TO DEATH
by a duck!!!!! :O
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 06:28 AM   #23  
Polyshrink Goddess

I think I have finally decided. I am going to use Basic Black, Only Orange, and Whisper White and do a Halloween card. I am going to use a TAC stamp set for the ghost - not sure about what else will be on the card yet.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 07:57 AM   #24  
Gallery Gazer

I have decided that I will either use A New Little Someone, Flower Filled, Love Ya Bunches, or the Millinery wheel. Ok, so I know that that is not saying much, but hey-at least I have narrowed it to the 4..LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2006, 08:07 AM   #25  
Insane Embellisher

Cassie Cagle is going to use" Birthday Beauty" and paper is sage shadow and cranberry crisp.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2006, 07:08 PM   #26  
Pearl-ExPert

These all sound so great! Jan, your project sounds awesome, I can't wait to make it. Fun Fun Fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2006, 10:53 AM   #27  
Inking Addict

Ok ladies,
I finally know what I going to bring, Hi! by the way Mini Mates stamp set;
so you will have some choice, but not too much heavy thinking.LOL Black, white and ... a color cardstock. I may have options there too. I am so excited I can't wait.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2006, 12:20 PM   #28  
Forum Fanatic

I will be making something with Going Gray, Only Orange, Basic Black, Whisper White.

Stamps used will be Home is Where the Haunt is, Spooky Skyline wheel, AYC III

I'll bring Snow Globe and Sunny Seasons Greetings for anyone who would like to stamp some images with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2006, 12:54 PM   #29  
Gallery Gazer

Ok, my card will use So Saffron and Close to Cocoa along with a little Designer series paper and the set will be A New Little Someone.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2006, 07:22 PM   #30  
Insane Embellisher

I finally made myself set down and create a card of my own. I am great at casin', but not at creatin'. The sets I used are On the Move and Simply Said. My colors are Green Galore, Gable Green, Pixie Pink, Pink Passion, and Whisper White. I hope everyone likes what I came up with. See everyone next Saturday. Thanks for lettin' a Kentucky girl join you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2006, 07:31 PM   #31  
Insane Embellisher

I forgot to add that I can bring two turtle stamps from Inky Antics for anyone who wants to stamp some for later use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2006, 08:23 PM   #32  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukycats_1
I forgot to add that I can bring two turtle stamps from Inky Antics for anyone who wants to stamp some for later use.
Oh, please do! I love those turtles, but have not bought any!! Thanks!

I am going to use the stamp set (fingers crossed!)- Wild about you. Using marigold morning and pumpkin pie paper. That is if my idea turns out!

Chrissi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2006, 09:20 AM   #33  
Embossing Fanatic

I think I'm going to use Mixed Bouquet with Mellow Moss, Lavender Lace and Blush Blossom.

Please bring Inky Antics turtles! Glenneth will love them!! =)

Does anyone have the Inky Antics Chicken Wire? I would love to stamp a few to go with Best of Cluck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2006, 03:24 PM   #34  
Pearl-ExPert

I am so excited about any inky antic stamps being brought. I'd be super excited if some whipper snapper showed up as they don't sell those in stores near me.

I have the SU! chicken wire background stamp that was retired awhile ago. Ashley, do you want me to bring that even though it isn't inky antics?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 08:33 PM   #35  
Polyshrink Goddess

YES, I would love it if you brought the chicken wire background! I would like to make some backgrounds for the same set Ashley was talking about, Best of Cluck!

Thanks!
Chrissi

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamping_jen
I have the SU! chicken wire background stamp that was retired awhile ago. Ashley, do you want me to bring that even though it isn't inky antics?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2006, 10:51 AM   #36  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukycats_1
Yes, please bring the turtles. I love their turtles so much (I collect turtle figurines).
And yes also to the chicken wire background. I also want to use it with best of cluck.
I am bringing Do the Hula and Island Blossoms.
Anything else people are looking for?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2006, 11:32 AM   #37  
Gallery Gazer

Does anyone have any of the girly girl stamps from Inky Antics?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2006, 02:03 PM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brownee
Does anyone have any of the girly girl stamps from Inky Antics?
I have Mod Girl & Styled to Go. Would you like me to bring these?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2006, 03:10 PM   #39  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzanne
I have Mod Girl & Styled to Go. Would you like me to bring these?
Please and thank you!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2006, 08:31 AM   #40  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Image Swap

what's the best option of cardstock for the image swap - just white so it will go with anything or are you bringing colors too?

And do we need to bring our own ink pad?

See you all on Saturday
Reply With Quote Likes