Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-05-2011, 05:38 PM   #121  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 163 Posts

Hi, Tracy, There are 4 of us in PA who are going to sign up...we're friends of Cookiestamper's. We heard such good things about this event in Binghamton last week. Please add Judy Pousen (Retired2stamp), Jeannette Kinney (jkinney), Mary Ann Hicks (Geraldine'smom) and Lou Ann McGuire (Crooked Stamper) to the list. We'll be sending our forms and payment in tomorrow. Can't wait!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2011, 05:42 PM   #122  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Friend's of Diane's are always welcome!!
going to add your names now

Join us in Buffalo on 4/28/12
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2011, 05:48 PM   #123  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by LodiChickView Post
Awesome!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2011, 05:51 PM   #124  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by njbakerView Post
This is the hotel right next door to where we stayed last year. It is a MUCH newer property, looked nicer and cleaner.

Microtel Inns & Suites &useWRPoints=false&corporateCode=8000000046&variant=&id=27913&propBrandId=MT&force_nostay=false&tab=tab1

Looks promising!!
Nancy, When you guys decide which motel to stay at would you let us know which one you'll be at? Since we're not familiar with the area it would be a big help. We're coming up on Saturday morning but staying over Saturday night. We want to SHOP!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #125  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I am really thinking about coming to the event, it sounds like fun and I would love the opportunity to meet many of the awesome SCS ladies. I was wondering if those who have attended the event can give me a better idea of the event. For example, is there also "free" time to stamp/create your own projects that you bring to the event or is it mostly organized events? Also, I know that there is no exact number known for swaps but approximately how many have been required in the past? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks much
SCS Sketch Challenge Hostess
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2011, 07:20 PM   #126  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingsX3View Post
I am really thinking about coming to the event, it sounds like fun and I would love the opportunity to meet many of the awesome SCS ladies. I was wondering if those who have attended the event can give me a better idea of the event. For example, is there also "free" time to stamp/create your own projects that you bring to the event or is it mostly organized events? Also, I know that there is no exact number known for swaps but approximately how many have been required in the past? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks much
Hi Janette

I was a newbie to this event last year and had a blast. The way it went, as I recall: We arrived and signed in, and got our table assignments and goodie bags. Once we all had found our tables we chose our seat and got set up for our first round of shoe boxes. This basically involves setting out your project and supplies for those who will be making them. Tracy welcomed us and then we were off! We all introduced ourselves and our projects and then started working on them. Once the morning session was done we had lunch and basically started over again at another table and with new friends.

It's a pretty full day so you likely wouldn't have any time to work on your own projects, but you won't be bored...or idle...Tracy and her helpers have it beautifully organized.

As for numbers, here is a link to last year's thread, the numbers for each of the swaps for last year are there. Of course, they could change either way depending on signups, and whether or not Tracy decides to break down the groups.

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

I think that about covers it...I am sure that the girls can fill in anything that I missed.

You'll have a blast if you do decide to come!

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2011, 09:19 PM   #127  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 175 Likes on 131 Posts

:p
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crooked StamperView Post
Hi, Tracy, There are 4 of us in PA who are going to sign up...we're friends of Cookiestamper's. We heard such good things about this event in Binghamton last week. Please add Judy Pousen (Retired2stamp), Jeannette Kinney (jkinney), Mary Ann Hicks (Geraldine'smom) and Lou Ann McGuire (Crooked Stamper) to the list. We'll be sending our forms and payment in tomorrow. Can't wait!!
good girls!:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2011, 09:19 PM   #128  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

janette-join us-it's a great time. and you are local!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2011, 09:41 PM   #129  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

YEAH! We knew you couldn't stay away from us!! Wear your shirts!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2011, 10:16 PM   #130  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

For those who stay over Friday night we will be "jammie stamping" at the hotel/motel. That means you either finish up projects for Saturday or you bring "shoebox projects" to share with other jammie stampers Friday evening and you show off all the goodies you have purchased at the stamp stores on your way to Buffalo (for us CNYers that means shopping in Bridgeport, Cicero, Victor and Rochester before we even get to Buffalo Stamps).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 05:38 AM   #131  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by arlenevitaView Post
YEAH! We knew you couldn't stay away from us!! Wear your shirts!
Oh yeah, we'll wear them. Do you only stay over Friday night?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 05:50 AM   #132  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Thanks for chiming in Melissa, you covered it all beautifully!

Final numbers for swaps is all dependent on what folks sign up for. So far the NVR and recipe swap have the highest numbers. The 3-D swap is the only swap I contain to smaller #'s since those items tend to be more time consuming and costly to make. You have plenty of time before the event to pace yourself ;)

We structure our day around the 2 sets of shoeboxes. Depending on how quickly your table works (or you as an individual) there is usually plenty of mingle time as the day goes by. We give an hour for lunch generally. There are usually prizes given away through out the day.

In the past the owner of Buffalo Stamps has lent us one of her staff to do a demo, last year she set up during lunch to show different techniques. Marty is no longer working at the store and Sharon doesn't think she has anyone else to step in. (though they might have some kind of make and take or demo at the store after the event) I had set up a quickie make and take using the i-Top tool. If anyone has an idea or product that they would like to display or demo please get in contact with me and we can discuss it. I know we have a wealth of talent out there!

I think what we have learned from the last 3 years is that people want to meet with other stampers, hang out and make projects. That is what we aim to provide!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 06:04 AM   #133  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Oh yeah, we'll wear them. Do you only stay over Friday night?
Yes, just Friday night this year. We need to save some money somehow and after Buffalo Stamps and all our other stamp store stops (could be up to 5) along the way from CNY we won't have $$ for another night! :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 06:06 AM   #134  
Mad Swapper

Whoohoo! Up to 65!

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 06:11 AM   #135  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Yes, just Friday night this year. We need to save some money somehow and after Buffalo Stamps and all our other stamp store stops (could be up to 5) along the way from CNY we won't have $$ for another night! :lol:
It would be fun to stay the same night everyone else does so maybe we'll have to rethink it. We figured we'd be pretty tired after stamping all day, shopping and dinner. It's about 3 to 3 1/2 hour drive for us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 10:25 AM   #136  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

speak for yourself......I'm planning on 2 nights, I can't drive all the way home after all that excitement....just sayin' Anyone else with me?
My Facebook Page
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 10:28 AM   #137  
Forum Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Welcome to more of the southern tier contingent!!! So glad you'll be joining us this time.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 10:43 AM   #138  

Nancy, Gayla..... one night or 2?
My Facebook Page
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 10:51 AM   #139  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by diane617View Post
speak for yourself......I'm planning on 2 nights, I can't drive all the way home after all that excitement....just sayin' Anyone else with me?
Glad to hear you're staying Saturday night too. I talked to Mary Ann and we both agreed it's to far for us to come home Saturday night. Also if we don't get everyting done that day we could finish up together. Also, we missed you last week. It was a fun day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 10:54 AM   #140  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Welcome to more of the southern tier contingent!!! So glad you'll be joining us this time.
We're very excited about it. At first we were only going to do the ATC but we had to add the recipe cards. The ideas are rolling around in our heads already!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 11:43 AM   #141  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Talking

Oh yeah. I convinced LouAnn to go for recipe swap too so you know who's gonna get blamed for that, don't you? Looking forward to seeing the girls from previous swaps & new ones too. Jammies night Saturday night will be fun! Good day in the Northeast to be inside looking out.....and planning projects. Am headed back to my desk. Happy craftin girls
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 12:08 PM   #142  
Forum Fanatic

TOD...... we were discussing just one night to save some cash. Gas is going to be high this year. But it is still open for discussion. Have you chosen a hotel yet??

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 02:06 PM   #143  

Quote:

TOD...... we were discussing just one night to save some cash. Gas is going to be high this year. But it is still open for discussion. Have you chosen a hotel yet??
no, I like the idea of the new one
My Facebook Page
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 02:09 PM   #144  

I just drove when tired and the thought of doing it after a full day of shopping and stamping seems daunting
My Facebook Page
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #145  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by diane617View Post
no, I like the idea of the new one
do you remember the cute one w/ statues?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 02:31 PM   #146  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by LodiChickView Post
Glad you will be able to meet them, Tracy!

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 03:55 PM   #147  
Kookie Creator

Wow, I'm way behind here....please add me. I'll send my check and form in ASAP. Can't wait!!!
Rubber Hugs,
Kim Kowal
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 03:58 PM   #148  
Forum Fanatic

This one looks promising ...

Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport (Williamsville, United States of America) | Expedia

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 04:01 PM   #149  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

breakfast room looks like a great stampin space!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 04:06 PM   #150  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311View Post
do you remember the cute one w/ statues?
Salvatore's Garden Place........ $130 a night.

I have put in a request for a bid for 8 blocks of rooms on hotel-rates.com
Sounds cool... it's for groups to get the best rates for blocks of rooms. Basically hotels will contact me with their "bid". We'll see what I get.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 04:17 PM   #151  
Stazon Splitcoast

sounds great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 04:21 PM   #152  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I checked Clarion's site and 7 rooms came up all smoking? That seems strange.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 04:26 PM   #153  
Forum Fanatic

That is weird.... because I believe the whole place is smoke free. I think that is what I read ...??

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #154  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

should be smoke free....it's still in NY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #155  
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks for searching for hotels, Nancy!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 04:57 PM   #156  
Gabfest Goddess

Default Save the dates!

I think I have all the dates:
4/30 Buffalo/Amherst, NY (sign up ASAP for this one!!!)

5/14 East Syracuse, NY

8/20 & 21 Rubber Stamp & Scrapbook Expo, Rochester Riverside Convention Center, 123 East Main Street, Rochester, NY 14604-1619

8/27 & 28 Rubber Stamp & Scrapbook Expo, 80 Vandenburgh Avenue, Troy, NY

8/28 (Sunday) Hamburg, NY

9/10 Utica/Whitesboro, NY (8 a.m. -4 p.m.?)

10/8 New Jersey

10/15 Rochester/Canadaigua

11/5 East Syracuse
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 05:06 PM   #157  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

That is weird.... because I believe the whole place is smoke free. I think that is what I read ...??
I double checked and there are some non-smoking rooms with a king bed. The rooms with 2 queen beds are smoking and listed as having a "smoking rooms". Never heard of that before. Let me know what you find for a "block". Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 07:47 PM   #158  
Glitter Queen

Please forgive me. New to this. Getting ready to send my registration in. Have a couple of questions. 1. For the swap, if we choose to do the 3d swap, we should expect to make 5-6 to give away? 2. If we choose to just pay $5 instead of bringing a lunch item, I assume we just send that with our registration?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2011, 03:03 AM   #159  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by farleyfruitsnacksView Post
Please forgive me. New to this. Getting ready to send my registration in. Have a couple of questions. 1. For the swap, if we choose to do the 3d swap, we should expect to make 5-6 to give away? 2. If we choose to just pay $5 instead of bringing a lunch item, I assume we just send that with our registration?

I think we did 9 or 10 3D last year and yes send the $5 with the registration!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2011, 03:03 AM   #160  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by farleyfruitsnacksView Post
Yes, the 3-D swap is broken into smaller groups, less than 10 for sure. ANd yes, send the food money with your registration $, I appreciate it!

Reply With Quote Likes