Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-02-2005, 10:26 AM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to North Dakota

I was just wondering if there was anybody here in the Grand Forks area? I just moved here from Alaska and I know nobody!! I have no stamping friends here and I was just wanting to meet someone!!

thanks
Shannon
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2005, 10:59 AM   #2  
Glitter Queen

Welcome to North Dakota!! I am not from Grand Forks, but just wanted to say welcome to a fellow stamper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2005, 11:18 AM   #3  
Glitter Queen

Hi Shannon,
I live far from you, Florida, but was born and raised in Billings, Montana. I know how it is moving to a "foreign" area. What really helped me was getting involved at my church. I also took a class on how to cross stitch and met people from there. Just an idea but maybe you could look up and see if there are any StampinUp! or Creative Memories demos in the area and see if they have stamp camps or crops you could participate in. Good luck... and I hope you get to go exploring some. IMHO you live in a beautiful part of the country!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2005, 12:28 PM   #4  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi Shannon,

I live in Southern Manitoba. It takes us about 1.5 hours to drive to Grand Forks. We have made a few trips to Grand Forks recently. When we are there... I like to go shopping at Ben Franklin Crafts in East Grand Forks and have a meal at Paradiso Mexican Restaurant.
All the best as you settle in!

Rachel
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2005, 03:53 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hi Shannon

I grew up not far from Grand Forks (Hope, ND) and continued to visit the area to see my mother (who died last year at age 96). Sorry I can't help out about the stampin' friends, but wanted to say welcome! Debidobs had some good ideas.
For Cross Stitchers Nordic Needle in Fargo is awesome. They have a website, i am sure.

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2005, 06:36 PM   #6  
Glitter Queen

I can't help you out either, but I grew up in Valley City, ND. A lot of my family lives in Fargo, and I second the Nordic Needle suggestion. My mom LOVES that store!

My dh is from Crookston MN, which is about 20 minutes from GF, and everytime we're up visiting, us women have to spend the day shopping in Grand Forks! :-)

I wish I could tell you more about the area...

Shawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2005, 07:01 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Hi! I don't live in GF right now, but I did for about 8 yrs. (I live in WI, now.) My DH grew up in GF and his parents and other family still live there. It is a great town. We usually visit them about 3-4 times a year. Because we have family and friends in GF, we stay pretty up to date on people and places in GF.

If I can help you or if you have questions about GF or need info, please just send me a PM! I'd be happy to fill you in on the hot spots, shopping, great places to eat. As far as stampers, we haven't lived there for about 7 yrs, but I am sure there are some somewhere up there. I can ask my SIL if she has any friends who are stampers, she is not a stamper, but I am sure she has to know at least one stamper.

It is a great town w/some of the kindest and sweetest people I have ever met.

Have fun and enjoy your new town! I sure enjoyed living there and I am sure you will find lots of great (stamping) and other friends in GF!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2005, 04:05 PM   #8  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Hi Shannon

I believe you were stationed at Eielson AFB right? I remember seeing your cards on some bullitin boards around base. I live on Eielson too, and just recently became a SU demonstrator. I am having a realy hard time getting started because most of my friends fall under a demonstrator who recruited me, and she is a dear friend of mine. I guess I need to make a fresh start, but have no idea how to let people know who I am and that I am a demonstrator. Knowing that you lived here, perhaps you know someone who still lives here who likes stamping and/or scrapbooking, and would like to meet someone who still lives here who could host a workshop for them. I used to live in Minot, ND from 1989-1993. I definately have to agree with one other lady that replied to your email - the people in ND generally are the nicest you will meet anywhere in the lower 48. I never once came across anyone who was rude or unkind. You are lucky to be stationed where you are. I have heard that there are alot of stampers who live in the northern states, mostly the northwestern region. If you live on base, you have an advantage. I feel certain that you will make contact with other stampers.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy ND as much as I did.

Tabatha Guyton - [email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2005, 05:35 PM   #9  
Embossing Fanatic

Smile Hi Shannon

I grew up in Thief River falls which is about 40 miles east of Grand Forks. If you are interested I can get you the name of a lady that attends a stampin' Up! group in Thief River. The drive is not bad. Have you been to the Ralf Engalstad Arena yet? It is beautiful.
Welcome to the North!
Karin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2005, 06:53 PM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

Welcome to Grand Forks, Shannon! You can never have too many stamping friends! I'm in Grand Forks. I've got a few friends who are stampers as well. And a friend of mine does stamping parties at her house about once a month. My email address is as follows if you are interested in contacting me:

zees at sdcomm dot net

Thanks, Zauna
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 01:19 PM   #11  
Embossing Fanatic

Smile Welcome!

Hello from a fellow NDan! I'm in the Bismarck area though, quite a ways from you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 01:59 PM   #12  
Kookie Creator

Talking Hi ya :-)

Welcome to Grand Forks! I'd love to have a stampin' friend! PM me when you get a chance!!

Take Care,

Sarah :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 10:28 AM   #13  
Inking Addict

Default New

Hey ladies......thanks for all your words of encouragment!!! This move has been a crazy one. The only thing that I'm not used to is the WIND!!!! I know that some of you all are laughing right now, but we came from Alaska where there is no wind. The storms here are something too.. we head to our basement everytime there is a storm! People thinks that we are crazy but that is ok, I would rather be safe than sorry.

Thanks again
Shannon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 10:33 AM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

Default No wind????

Hi Shannon,
I am in Williston, which is in the NW corner of ND, so about 5 hours from you. Born and raised here, I've heard it but never believed that there are places with no wind!???? LOL! I'm almost 34 and still don't like it, but you do come to appreciate the days when the wind doesn't blow...unfortunately they are few and far between! Anyway, welcome to ND!
Reply With Quote Likes