Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-06-2007, 10:20 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central Florida Shoebox Swap II

Come join the fun and see what everyone was talking about after July's fantastic event!!

Saturday, January 26, 2008
Suntree/Viera Library (phone 321-255-4404)
Conference Room
902 Jordan Blass Boulevard
Melbourne, FL 32940
10am-4:45pm
Please provide your own lunch and a snack/beverage to share. We have access to a mini-kitchen with a refrigerator.
{Special thanks to Robin and Amy for creating these guidelines which were so successful!}
Deadline for Registration: January 11, 2008
Maximum Participants: 25 (Register early...waiting list will be started if necessary)
Participants
1. Laene (stampinguru)
2. Robin (RJP111)
3. Linda (Linda Verderame)
4. Katherine (beadfreak22)
5. Toka (Kevinsgirl)
6. Teresa (NurseT)
7. Debi
8. Florida_scrapper (Vivian)
9. tturtle (Gwen ~ tentative )
Procedures
Shoe box Swap
• Design a full card or 3-D item, and make 2 samples. Please try to use only SU products and "current" SU stamps. If you are unable to do this, it's okay but we love to show our creations to our customers and can't show cards that have been made with other company products.
• Put together a list of instructions to make it.
• Precut enough supplies to make your item for each person and place materials in a baggie. (If there are 10 people make 10 baggies of supplies). Include the directions in each baggie, just in case there isn’t enough time for a person to make your item at the actual swap meet. Baggies should include pre-cut cardstock and embellishments.
• Place the rest of your items (stamps, ink, punches, markers, WWC, pencils, etc.) and the baggies into a shoe box. All individual items in your shoebox should be labeled with your name.
• When the shoebox starts, Each person will set up their stuff at a station and then everybody rotates around the room and makes each project. You can go at your own pace that way.
• Please bring your own adhesive, scissors and bone folder. If your card requires special adhesive such as glue dots, please include that in your shoebox.
What to Bring
• Bring enough supplies for each participant plus two extra sets to be used for parts when people mess up. You may also want to bring your camera. Just in case you don’t have enough time to make all of the projects, you can snap a picture of the sample so you may complete it at home. You’ll also want to take pictures of all of your SCS sistahs!
• Your address book so you can add all your new friends’ names, phone numbers, and email addresses!
• Bring your own adhesive, scissors and bone folder. Label these since they will be moving around.
• Your own lunch (Subway, Charlie and Jake’s BBQ are less than � mile from the library ~ multiple other restaurants are within a short drive)
• A snack/beverage to share with your “sistahs”

Other Important Tips
• This is for adults only, so please register only if you’re 18 or older. Please make other arrangements for children.
• We’ll provide name tags, but if you have one from a previous SCS or convention event, feel free to bring it.
• Feel free to bring your ‘Garage Sale" items for trade (or sale, if it is a retired item) with other attendees.
• Make sure to bring enough for each person to make your item. We will have a final # a week or so before the event.
• Bring everything needed for the card; stamps, ink, embellishments, hole punches, cutting tools, scrub & mist...etc. Label everything with your name! Each person should bring your own basic adhesive to carry with you.
• It goes without saying (or this case saying), please bring your best work.

Optional 3D Swap
We will also have an optional 3D swap. If you would like to participate, let me know and just show up with a prepared 3D item of your choice to swap with the attendees. Examples of 3D items could be coasters, candles, dominoes, accordion books, coaster albums, magnetic bookmarks, glass bead magnets, etc. Again, try to only use Stampin’ Up! materials. After the registration deadline check back on this thread to see how many 3D swap participants we have, and therefore how many swaps you’ll need to prepare. If you have any questions about the 3D swap, feel free to post on this link so I can answer it.
Save the Date! January 26, 2008...Second Annual Central Florida Shoebox Swap

Last edited by stampinguru; 01-04-2008 at 03:39 PM.. Reason: Participant list
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2007, 03:19 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Woohooooo! Sign me up, please!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2007, 03:22 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Please add me to the list!! Can't wait to see everyone again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2007, 06:47 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Please add me to the fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2007, 04:19 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Wow, it sounds like a lot of fun. I'm glad Laene got it up and going. Thanks. Saturday January 26th is my grandma's 100 birthday. She lives in town and mom is throwing a party for her. Lots of relatives will be flying into town. Sorry, but I won't be able to make this one. Have fun though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2007, 04:04 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Hello my Central FL friends! I'm sorry to say that it's unlikely I'll be attending. I'll keep this date penciled in on my calendar just in case I can swing it, but I really won't know until after Jan. 1st.

I'll let you know if I can figure this out earlier than that!!

Visit my blog ScrapBuzz, a one-stop info source for scrapbookers, digi-scrapbookers, and cardmakers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2007, 06:25 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

OH AMY ~ I am so excited about your Grandma's 100th birthday celebration but so very sad that we won't get to stamp with you! :( Maybe, just maybe you can sneak over on your way to/from airport runs!!
Anne ~ I hope your schedule allows for a day of stamping fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2007, 04:51 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Laene, you are just the sweetest! We're really exicted about grandma too. I am so lucky to have her in my town. I just had dinner with her and her friends last Sunday. Mom and Dad pick us both up on most Sundays, as church is a family event. I love to listen to hear her talk about the old times. She did break her pelvis back in September, right after mom was hosptalized for passing out and consequencailly breaking her ankle. Fortunatley Mom is out of her cast now (after 8 weeks) and can now drive again- as of last week. However, dad must drive anywhere Grandma goes cause mom can't lift her wheelchair out of the trunk. Dad is such a patient saint! Needless to say, I was occasionally driving Mom to and from Grandmas when Grandma was inrehab, to give Dad a break (espeically on the Penn St. football game days).

Needles to say, I am excited to see my brother and sister again in January, as well as my cousins, etc. We should have at least 50 relatives flying into town. I'm totally excited. My house will be at maximum capacity. Mom and I have had fun creating the invites... Mom created website with information... It's a once in a lifetime opportunity. Just listen for Al Roker to mention Grandma's name on January 26! She'll also get a card from the president, but the value of that is left up to the recipient...:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 01:22 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to AmberDawn

Oh man, you guys are going to have so much fun! I can't make this one...I'm in Japan now! Wish I could have been there with ya'll one more time! Have fun
I design for Verve Stamps and Reverse Confetti!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 05:12 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Hi guys ~
Just checking in as the holidays start with all the hustle and bustle It's great to see some of our stampin' sistahs pop onto the thread. Hi Amber ~ can't believe you are already in Japan! Where did the time go!? Amy ~ your Grandmother's birthday celebration sounds so entirely fantastic!

I had the pleasure of seeing Linda this past week and she had the most adorable make and take!! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with for the shoebox swap!

Keep spreading the word about our gathering...Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for YOU!
Laene
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2007, 05:56 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Bumping for those who haven't been on; attended the Central Florida gathering at Olive Garden today (oh why oh why didn't I see this 3 weeks ago?? I hope you all had/are having a BLAST!) or for others who will be visiting Central Florida in January! Did I mention the awesome weather we will likely be having around then??
PS I've been elfed!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2007, 06:58 AM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Amber, what's it like in Japan? You're on a military base, right? Any stampers over there?

Robin, how was the Olive Garden gettogether? Did you get to meet any Dirty Girls?

Laene, I included a link to this thread on the first Central FL shoebox swap thread, just incase anbody still subscribes to that thread so they can learn about this get-together. You or Robin may also want to post a link on the Olive Garden get-together thread. It might help get the word out. Have a super day everybody.

P.S. Robin, your blog looks great! Your cards are beautiful.

Last edited by Amy05; 11-25-2007 at 06:59 AM.. Reason: add more comments
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2007, 03:25 PM   #13  
Mad Swapper

I would like to come but I will not know till later if I am having vertigo. I wanted to subscribe to this link so I can hear updates. I just moved to Mount Dora and need some stamping buddies. If you want to see my work I am on SS today (shameless.) LOL!!!!

Vivian Swain
My SU Web Site
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2007, 04:01 PM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy05View Post
?

Robin, how was the Olive Garden gettogether? Did you get to meet any Dirty Girls?

I don't think any of the Dirty Girls were there, but! Kim (The MFT Lady) from My Favorite Things was!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2007, 04:16 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Girls,

Wanted to touch base and let ya know that Debi will be attending w/me again...
Looking forward to everyones creations!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2007, 04:30 PM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

Gosh, I haven't even given a thought to the card I'm going to do for this swap. Even though it's still a couple of months away, Jan 26th will be here before we know it .... I don't like waiting until the last minute to get things done so I guess I better get my "thinking cap" on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2007, 04:34 PM   #17  
Stampin' Fool

OK Robin has twisted my arm and is making me come to this so sign me up!!! hahaha Just kidding about Robin!! I want to sign up but I still need to find out when my kids Latin competition is before I know for sure. It is the day before my birthday so I think I can get away with getting away for the day. Dontcha think????

Jodi, in St. Cloud
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2007, 04:39 PM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

<--------- reaches over and twists Jodi's arm a wee bit harder

LOL

I sure do hope you can join us, Jodi.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 04:02 AM   #19  
Gabfest Goddess

*wishing I could come*... You guys are gonna have a blast!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 05:22 PM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

Robin, oh my gosh, I would have loved to meet Kim to tell her how much I love playing with her stamps! Her images are so adorable. I bet you got some beautiful swaps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 05:42 PM   #21  
Glitter Queen

Hey Robin, it was so nice to meet you at the Olive Garden get together! I wish we could have had more time to talk. Please add me to the list of participants for the January event! I can't wait!! This is going to be sooo much fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 04:09 PM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

Please sign me up! No family reunions in January so I am good to go!
SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 08:30 PM   #23  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to AmberDawn

Hi Amy! So far so good here in Japan! I've been here 3 weeks today! We move into our house next week (not a moment too soon, I'm getting so tired of hotel life!) I am on a military base, it's huge compared to what I'm used to so I still get lost! We drive on the opposite side of the road here, and the driver side here is the passenger side in the states! Boy, that's been fun getting used to! We haven't done alot of exploring yet, but will do so soon! I have been talking to one lady through pm's who lives here, I fully intend on meeting up with her once I get into some sort of routine! My household goods shipment doesnt' get here till January! Do you realize how much I'm itching to stamp! I've just been buying craploads of stamp stuff to take my mind off of how bad I want to stamp, lol!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy05View Post
Amber, what's it like in Japan? You're on a military base, right? Any stampers over there?

Laene, I included a link to this thread on the first Central FL shoebox swap thread, just incase anbody still subscribes to that thread so they can learn about this get-together. You or Robin may also want to post a link on the Olive Garden get-together thread. It might help get the word out. Have a super day everybody.

P.S. Robin, your blog looks great! Your cards are beautiful.
I design for Verve Stamps and Reverse Confetti!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2007, 08:15 AM   #24  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm still thinking about my card. I have the colors and sketch picked out, now I just have to decide which stamp set to use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2007, 05:48 PM   #25  
Gabfest Goddess

Oh, I saw when you met last time and was wanting to go. I left town that weekend. I didn't comment, so I thought I would this time.

I might be away that January weekend. I should know at the beginning of January, so I will let you know then. I am glad to see that you are meeting every couple months, because I hope to make it one time! :0)

Happy Holidays!
Gwen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2007, 07:40 PM   #26  
Matboard Maniac

Hi Girls!! I'm getting giddy with excitement as our day draws near Thank you for continuing to spread the word! Amber ~ I cannot believe you've been there for 4 weeks already! WOW! Amy ~ when I become computer savvy and can link/attach, etc. I will let you know!! Until then, I may have to hop on that link and say come on over to this side Thanks for the suggestion! Stay well and enjoy the reason for the season!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 04:53 PM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

bump
SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2007, 03:25 PM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

I need to withdraw my name. Some issues have come up, and I will be unable to attend. I am so sorry I am going to miss out on the fun...again.
SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2007, 04:02 PM   #29  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLMommyof2View Post
I need to withdraw my name. Some issues have come up, and I will be unable to attend. I am so sorry I am going to miss out on the fun...again.
I'm sorry to hear that, Elizabeth. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2007, 01:33 PM   #30  
Glitter Queen

Default Central Florida Shoebox Swap II

Hi ladies,

Unfortunately I am gonig to have to drop out of the swap :( I'm not going to be able to participate on that date, maybe next time!! I hope you all have a grand time!!!

Debbie Klinect
Teatalk99
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2007, 06:45 PM   #31  
Matboard Maniac

Hi to all! Merry Christmas
Debbie and Elizabeth, I am sorry to hear you are unable to attend! :(
I hope everyone is enjoying their swap preparation. It's just one month from today and I'm really excited about getting together.
All the best,
Laene
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2007, 04:42 AM   #32  
Stampin' Fool

I need to be removed from the list too. I am sorry as it sounds like a lot of fun but my month of January is filling up to the point that I can't make it. I am sorry/ :-(

Jodi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2007, 04:47 PM   #33  
Hardware Hotshot

<----- is pouting.

I'm sorry you can't make it, Jodi. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoutpupView Post
I need to be removed from the list too. I am sorry as it sounds like a lot of fun but my month of January is filling up to the point that I can't make it. I am sorry/ :-(

Jodi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2008, 04:40 PM   #34  
Hardware Hotshot

bumping to the top.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2008, 05:10 PM   #35  
Hardware Hotshot

ttt
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2008, 05:20 AM   #36  
Matboard Maniac

Hi everyone -- and thanks, Lane, for the PM checking in with me!

When I posted in November that I didn't think I could come, the worst of my year hadn't hit yet. In December I took on a very busy "job" of hosting a new scrapbooking message board, and within a week my Aunt died. Then on the way home from the funeral the week before Christmas, my 90-yr old Dad had a heart attack (in the Orlando airport!). Amazingly, he survived bypass surgery and was discharged 2 days before New Years, but the last month has left me rattled and have left my family (especially DH) completely worn out. So as much as I'd like to join you, I can't even think about it.

Have an awesome time, everyone. I'll be thinking about you!

Visit my blog ScrapBuzz, a one-stop info source for scrapbookers, digi-scrapbookers, and cardmakers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2008, 01:34 PM   #37  
Hardware Hotshot

Smile Workin' On It!

I've been stalking this thread and the deadline is coming real soon and I have to come up with a shoebox project that uses a current SU product and . . . take a deep breath. But Melbourne isn't all that far away and there is a Uno's Chicago Grill in Melbourne and Russel has enough points for a free night in a hotel, but I'm still thinking. If I can come up with something to blow your socks off, I'll sign up. Most of my SU stuff is retired, so it will take some doing. I'll keep checking in, though. :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2008, 02:10 PM   #38  
Hardware Hotshot

Kathy,

Don't let the fact that you don't have current SU! stamps, etc stop you from joining us. The guidelines say that "current" is preferred, but it's not necessary. ;)

Please sign up! We'd love to have you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 05:55 PM   #39  
Hardware Hotshot

Has anyone signed up for the 3D swap?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2008, 12:36 PM   #40  
Hardware Hotshot

Smile I'm Thinkin'!

I'm still trying to make up my mind, Robin! Pretty sure I'll do a 3-D but have to see what I can do between now and then. So just cool your jets out there on the Space Coast! :rolleyes: LOL
Reply With Quote Likes