Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-10-2008, 03:20 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trouble with Papertrey Ink orders?

I ordered from them once and my order was fine. I ordered again. The second time my order was incomplete. I have been going around and around with them for several weeks. When I told them that part of my order was missing they said they would have to investigate and get back to me. After several emails back and forth they finally said would replace my order but made me feel like I'd done something wrong or that I was lying to them. I have never been treated like this before and I'm very sad about the whole experience. The last email said they would send my order as soon as possible and I've heard nothing. Is it just me or has anyone else experienced any problems with them? :confused:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2008, 03:31 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

I have found that I love the quality and design of their stamps. I also have found horrible service on issues I had with paper-it took several weeks. I now only purchase stamp sets from them. I really do wish they would get the service end improved when there are problems. They do a great job of shipping quickly, but the worst I have encountered on dealing with when you have a problem. I almost stop buying stamps from them-but love them too much. That said, I no longer buy paper, ink etc.

Hang in there, they will eventually get it taken care of-just takes weeks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2008, 04:05 PM   #3  
kraf*T*y mama

I have never had any problems with them ever. I was told something would take 4-6 weeks to sip and I had it in less than two.

Mama to Kaden, Blake, and Ava

Origami Owl Independent Designer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2008, 04:23 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

This really surprises me. I have not placed an order with PTI yet but, I did meet Nichole Heady and her husband on the stamping cruise back in October. They seem like great folks. If it's possible, speak to Nichole directly. I'm sure she would want to make it right for you. Reputation is everything in business and I'm sure she wants happy customers.

Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2008, 04:34 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. You're right, we do aim to please, and hearing this can only suggest that something may have fallen, inadvertantly and regrettably, through the cracks. While I'm not in the warehouse, I would be happy to try to get to the bottom of this for you. We also have a section on our forum, "Ask the Papertrey Team" where we see issues like this even faster. Please shoot me an email at [email protected], and I will look into it for you. HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2008, 04:44 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

I am sure it will be sorted out honey! Not to worry!! :-D I, for one, LOVE PTI, I love the stamps and paper of course - but thankfully, for my orders, I've never, ever had a problem! Everything is always packaged beautifully and it just smells so good!! :mrgreen: (can you tell I have issues?) lol.. seriously, I'm sure like with everything else, they must have a bunch of people in the warehouse and it may have just been a mix-up somewhere along the lines!

Hope everything works out!

Hugs!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2008, 04:51 PM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

I have only ordered from them 2 times. Both times, it was just their White Cardstock ( do not know if that would make a difference) but I got it FAST!
Also, in great condition with no "dinged" corners that others have had happen. LOVE their white cardstock!!!!:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2008, 04:54 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

You never know how a company's customer service is until there's something wrong with your order! I'm a loyal customer of PTI, love their stuff but never had a problem with my orders...yet. Keep us posted! I hope everything will work out for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2008, 07:11 PM   #9  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I have ordered from PTI a handful of times and I love their stuff and quick shipping for us Canadians The shipping can be pricey but I usually have a large enough order to hold me off for awhile ;) At least that's how I justify it to DH!!! I highly recommend them and am sorry to hear that you have had problems - they will make it right I am sure of it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2008, 07:13 PM   #10  
Embossing Fanatic

I just had a very happy experience with their customer service -- and it was correcting MY mistake, not theirs. I lost a letter from my brand new Ambassador Monogram set the very first time I used it (I suspect that I washed it down the drain!). I contacted them to find out if I could replace it. They had me send a self-addressed stamped envelope and immediately replaced it. They were very nice about it, and made it very easy for me. I am so grateful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2008, 07:20 PM   #11  
Watercolor Wizard

Location: Where the Kookaburra's sit in the old gum tree's...
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've ordered from them a number of times and have been very happy with the products and the service. One order did require a phone call to them but the issue was resolved quickly. I don't think your situation is the norm for them at all, I'm sure they will make it right. I'm not affiliated, just a happy addicted customer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2008, 07:22 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

I LOVE PTI and have ordered things from them on numerous occasions. I think I'm addicted! I have never had an issue with my orders and everything is always shipped quickly and packed in a way that nothing is ever dinged or dented. I am relatively new to papercrafting and never thought there was a real difference in white cardstock . . . until I tried theirs. Now I can't stand using anything else! I sure hope your issue is resolved!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2008, 08:25 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just got a large order last Thursday and I had orderd 3 Pallette Ink pads and the reinkers. The new blue reinker the lid had come loose and it leaked all over the inside of the baggie and other inkers. I was going to just throw it away because I really didnt want the mess all over my hands but I took the time and some baby wipes and got the bottles out and all the wet ink off of them. They look horrible but will still do what they need to do. It was like 8 or 8:30pm Pacific time when I found this. I ran to my computer and shot off an email to Papertry about it. Within and hour or so I had a response that they would replace the reinkers. I was so shocked. I told them it was not necessary but was grateful that
1. The reinkers are in baggies so the rest of the stuff was not a mess and
2. I love the new cardboard things they put on the corners of paper. This is the first ever order from them that I have gotten (and i have gotten many) that did not have bent corners on the paper. I just never complained about it.

So, I feel your pain..I too think someone just dropped the ball. I hope it is resolved quickly for you. I love all the Papertrey stuff.
Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 02:44 AM   #14  
Compulsive Stamper

I couldn't find a phone number for customer service....only email.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 05:06 AM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm glad to hear that they have addressed the problems of dinged corners on the paper. I had quit ordering their paper because every package I received had at least one damaged corner. Maybe I'll look at them again when I'm ready to order paper.

Deb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 05:12 AM   #16  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got an order once that had an extra pack of coffee bags in it. I emailed them and offered to pay for the extra pack, and they emailed me back that it was their mistake and not to worry about it. It was just a little thing, but it made me a loyal customer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 06:36 AM   #17  
Insane Embellisher

They replaced my Aqua Mist ink pad ,after I'd had it for a month or longer and realized it was defective, with no hesitation. I got my new pad very quickly too.

I understand what you mean. I've dealt with a company or two who made me feel like I did something wrong(like I was lying to them) and they were doing me a favor. I understand their side too as many people are not honest. Still, it made me very angry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 07:47 AM   #18  
Gabfest Goddess

I think they are a very good company, but communication can be rough. I think it's just about being persistent!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 09:25 AM   #19  
Kookie Creator

I love their products and always cannot wait until I can order something! I have always received things in such a timely fashion.

I hope everything works out for you!
Tami

Last edited by imatbrown; 12-11-2008 at 09:26 AM.. Reason: hit post too soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 09:39 AM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

I love PTI products, but have had a few problems with customer service. One was when I placed an order, I chose the option to get all of the new color items, and I was sent two satin ribbons, instead of one satin and one polka dot. The emailing does take a little while to get back to you, but its understandable as they are a small company. It got cleared up well, in that I had to send the wrong roll back, was reimbursed up to $2 for shipping, then received the polka dot roll. I would've not liked to have had to do all that, go to the post office to send it back, yaddy-ya, but I understand them being a smaller company, they can't easily lose stock. And shipping was actually like $2.13, so that was 13 cents "extra" i paid sort of, but no biggie.
Then I also had a problem with the ink cubes, not inking well and being different colors. I emailed about it, and never heard anything, so I posted on the forums to ask about it and Nichole quickly responded, which was nice. However, I never did like how the cubes inked up or the colors stamped, so I don't order them anymore, i just order the pads if i want the color.

So I can understand your frustrations b/c it is a great little company with great products and you just want to be part of the hype and share in it! I hope you can feel better about it knowing it has happened to others.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 09:45 AM   #21  
Compulsive Stamper

I've placed a few orders with them and after placing two in one night I emailed asking if they could combine them and heard back quickly that it was not a problem. I just emailed them today because one of my stamps isn't stamping right (it's not flat, dips down in the middle) and I hope to get a response as quickly. Otherwise the products are great, never had a problem with dinged cardstock corners and shipping has been relatively quick. I hope you get the issue worked out quickly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 11:45 AM   #22  
Compulsive Stamper

I'm happy to say that Jennifer & Nichole both emailed me and we are sorting it out. I will post more a little later but just wanted to let you all know that they are working to make it right.
Nancy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 02:14 AM   #23  
Compulsive Stamper

It's me again -- I just wanted to let you know that Nichole and Jennifer went above and beyond to make things right with my order and their customer service is wonderful! They were both so generous in their offers to correct the problem. They made me feel so much better about things (as all of you did with your support, thank you) I'm very happy with how I was treated by them and will definitely buy from PaperTrey Ink again. As all of you said their stuff is just so wonderful! So I just wanted to let everyone know that they
have sorted things out with me and are both very kind, considerate and generous in correcting any customer service problems. I'm a very happy customer and looking forward to the release of their new stamps and paper on the 15th!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 03:29 AM   #24  
Polyshrink Goddess

^^^ Very glad to hear that!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 05:38 AM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Rescuing one dog may not change the world, but for that one dog, the world will be changed forever

YEAH Because as a former SU! Demo I can now say PTI have the best white cardstock hands down...... EVAH!!
At least until I try GinaK's 120 # cardstock with my copics
That's on the way. Another woman who is awesomely incredible about customer relations! Lol
I love PTI
Kimmiek
Reply With Quote Likes