Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-15-2017, 06:36 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shaped dies?

Wondering what shaped dies and which style of dies you are using the most? Company names would be great as well.There are such a variety of shaped dies out there. I am having a hard time choosing.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2017, 07:11 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shaped like ovals and fancy oblong? Spellbinders and Sue WilsonShaped like images? Tattered Lace and again Spellbinders with a few Elizabeth Crafts and some Cottage Cuts
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2017, 08:34 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

I recently found out about Gina Marie (not Gina K). She has a good variety of dies and they are much cheaper than the USA made ones. I think her large dies are made outside the country and the smaller ones are made here. I am starting to think about costs vs. US made and for somethings I'm going for cost Lol. At least the money is going to a US based business and not to an overseas one.

I've bought a couple so far and am pleased with them. *** GINA MARIE DESIGNS *** | Scrapbook Outlet

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2017, 10:27 AM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Received 279 Likes on 79 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigerlily55View Post
I recently found out about Gina Marie (not Gina K). She has a good variety of dies and they are much cheaper than the USA made ones. I think her large dies are made outside the country and the smaller ones are made here. I am starting to think about costs vs. US made and for somethings I'm going for cost Lol. At least the money is going to a US based business and not to an overseas one.

I've bought a couple so far and am pleased with them. *** GINA MARIE DESIGNS *** | Scrapbook Outlet
I shop her site as well. I've been pleased with my purchases.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2017, 10:37 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

basic shapes like rectangles, hearts, circles and ect

Quote:

Originally Posted by southgirlView Post
Shaped like ovals and fancy oblong? Spellbinders and Sue WilsonShaped like images? Tattered Lace and again Spellbinders with a few Elizabeth Crafts and some Cottage Cuts
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2017, 03:25 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by sditz1View Post
Wondering what shaped dies and which style of dies you are using the most? Company names would be great as well.There are such a variety of shaped dies out there. I am having a hard time choosing.
I find that the dies I use the most are the rectangles, circles or squares. There are a wide variety, some with stitching, some pierced etc. and I think any of the die companies like Spellbinders make great dies in these shapes. Dies that I love but don't really use as much are things like tea cups, dogs, Christmas trees etc. I enjoy using them but they just aren't as useful and don't pay for themselves like basic shapes used to create layers, card fronts etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2017, 10:15 PM   #7  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Stuff I learned from experience:

I agree. Basic shapes first always. You can do so much with those. I would get nested ones/progressive size sets so you can layer too. Pay attention to the spacing of the layers. Some are close like 1/16th, others are 1/8, some are even bigger. You might need two sets to acheive thin border layers.

One good set of tag dies. Go with straight bottoms. You can always cut them into fishtails if you want that.

A set of borders. You can cut your own wavy line for hills but decorative like lace is good to have to cut the side of a card or the flap of an envelope. Also pay attention to lengths on these. I like flexibilty, so like EFs, if I can get 7 inches I would love that. Not common.

Specialty cuts like animals, etc...I suggest sticking with classics like leaves, trees, snowflakes at first that you can use many times vs very specific that you can only think of one person to give that card to.

Some basic words. Pay attention to size. Thank you, With Sympathy, Happy Birthday and Get Well are a good start. Very thin fonts can be not easy to work with until you've been doing it awhile.
I love dies but it is very pricey at times, or gets there over time. Go slowly. If you want to get stitched dies in basic shapes, I like the ones that make the pattern on both the inside piece and the other side of the cut line. Look closely at pics. "Double stitched" does not always mean that-could be two rows on one side.

Always look around. Those basic shapes will be made by more than one company-possibly many of them. (like fall leaves) Look it up on Pinterest and see examples. How they look in the package can be very different from how the cut shape looks. Or how big it actually is. Especially words. They can look bigger than they actually are.

Search tip: if you see a pic without company name you can right click on the pic and the pull down will have a choice to search the image for you.

Have fun! HTH

Last edited by wavejumper; 02-15-2017 at 10:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2017, 11:17 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Another vote for Gina Marie. Her dies are same good quality of other sellers for less than half the cost!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2017, 01:42 AM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Received 35 Likes on 6 Posts

I really like dies that make pop up cards. It's always a wow moment for the recipient.

I look for Sizzix steel rule dies that are on sale.

Tag dies are great, or a tag topper punch. Papertrey Ink has a great selection of tag dies. Stampin Up has a nice tag topper punch. There's a really nice one that's on sale right now (I think).

And a set of number dies is very nice for birthdays and anniversaries. I bought mine at Papertrey Ink.

Word dies like Happy Birthday, Thanks and Hugs are great. Thicker letters are easier to glue. I don't have a sticker making device or any Stick-It paper, but these might work for thinner sentiments. I really like Simon Says Stamps selection of sentiment dies. And Lawn Fawn has some nice ones too.

You can also peruse Avery Elle and My Favorite Things -- both companies have lots of great dies.

I've bought some dies from Impression Obsession too. They have an interesting variety.

If you are looking for something different and special try Memory Box and Poppystamps (owned my Memory Box?). Lots of unique, beautiful designs.

And as mentioned above, Gina Marie has great dies at a fantastic price.

Finally, the dies that I use the most are the ones that coordinate with my stamp sets. I absolutely love being able to pop up elements on foam dots.

Last edited by Hoboken Paper; 02-16-2017 at 01:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2017, 08:21 PM   #10  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
Stuff I learned from experience:

I agree. Basic shapes first always. You can do so much with those. I would get nested ones/progressive size sets so you can layer too. Pay attention to the spacing of the layers. Some are close like 1/16th, others are 1/8, some are even bigger. You might need two sets to acheive thin border layers.

One good set of tag dies. Go with straight bottoms. You can always cut them into fishtails if you want that.

A set of borders. You can cut your own wavy line for hills but decorative like lace is good to have to cut the side of a card or the flap of an envelope. Also pay attention to lengths on these. I like flexibilty, so like EFs, if I can get 7 inches I would love that. Not common.

Specialty cuts like animals, etc...I suggest sticking with classics like leaves, trees, snowflakes at first that you can use many times vs very specific that you can only think of one person to give that card to.

Some basic words. Pay attention to size. Thank you, With Sympathy, Happy Birthday and Get Well are a good start. Very thin fonts can be not easy to work with until you've been doing it awhile.
I love dies but it is very pricey at times, or gets there over time. Go slowly. If you want to get stitched dies in basic shapes, I like the ones that make the pattern on both the inside piece and the other side of the cut line. Look closely at pics. "Double stitched" does not always mean that-could be two rows on one side.

Always look around. Those basic shapes will be made by more than one company-possibly many of them. (like fall leaves) Look it up on Pinterest and see examples. How they look in the package can be very different from how the cut shape looks. Or how big it actually is. Especially words. They can look bigger than they actually are.

Search tip: if you see a pic without company name you can right click on the pic and the pull down will have a choice to search the image for you.

Have fun! HTH
Great advice.Dea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2017, 05:44 AM   #11  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You have gotten great advice so far. Here is my take:

I started with shapes that I could not hand cut myself; i.e. circles, ovals, etc. I still don't have basic shapes like squares, triangles, this includes a basic tag shape. If I want a fancier tag I use my smaller nested dies or one of the larger ones to cut the top only of my tag.

Keep in mind the size of the dies vs the opening of your machine. I recently bought a set of border dies only to find out after I got home that they are slightly too long to run thru my machine cross ways, I can only run them thru long ways which has restricted how and with what size card they can be used.

Most importantly, go slow while you may want it all now, you don't need it all now. Going slow may help you avoid "buyers remorse" down the road.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2017, 04:29 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts

I like the nesting sets from Quickutz/Lifestyle Dies/We R Memory Keepers... they have just a little bit of an edge that embosses, but the dies themselves are narrow and they are more closely nested than a lot of the other sets. The company has changed hands a few times, so some of the older branded sets can be found cheaper on ebay - try "quickutz nesting" as your keywords.
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2017, 07:29 PM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

Definitely a nested circle set, like Dini said.
It really depends on the style of cards you like/make. I invested a lot in Spellbinders Labels, and other nested sets, now I find my style has changed and I don't use them so much.
I use MFT Fishtail banners or flags a lot. Stitched circles, Stitched rectangles of various sizes. WORD DIES, many sizes and font styles. ELEMENTS like stars and hearts, borders.
I would say to look at many cards and see what you like about them; if they use dies, that's what you need.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2017, 03:17 AM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

Agree with Stampin Stacy - start with shapes that you can't hand-cut easily, so circles and ovals are a must, both for cutting apertures and cutting the shapes themselves. But basically dies are like stamps: only buy the ones that you will use forever, so if you're just a home-crafter (rather than selling your creations) then don't buy on a whim. I use the rule that, once I've sent a card to everyone in my family and circle of friends using that stamp or die, will I be able to use it again next year? If the answer is 'no', then I don't buy it. Dies of flowers, stars, snowflakes etc will, like stamps, get used time and time again. As others have mentioned, decide what you want, then search for the manufacturer producing that die or dies at the best price.

Lynda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2017, 04:17 AM   #15  
Compulsive Stamper

A bookmark die is also very useful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2017, 04:24 AM   #16  
Cardstock Collector

Another fantastic cheap brand for dies besides Gina Marie is Kat Scrapiness (Katscrapiness.com also sells Gina Marie dies so you can pick up from both!).

For nesting basic shapes, I would check out the Hero Arts Nesting Infinity Dies. I already had circle and square dies from another company, but otherwise I would definitely pick those up because you receive an incredible amount of sizes for a very low price, especially compared to other companies.

I personally enjoy stiched basic shapes dies (for both inside and outside impressions) because it always adds a little something.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2017, 05:22 AM   #17  
Matboard Maniac

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

If you are looking for great versatility in the basic shapes, check Scrapbooking Made Simple. She (Stacy) is coming out with a line of basic shapes, but she has a "twist". The first set is ovals and you can cut either the basic shape plain or dies with a stitched border in three different varieties. The down-side is she is a small company, and they only make one run of each die set. So once she has sold out, they are gone! But she has some very innovative dies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2017, 06:02 AM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

I think starting with basic nested shapes is the way to go also. It's what I've done, although of course, I haven't gotten all I want! LOL I have found I like the stitched dies too, but I found that starting over in collecting these, has discouraged me from buying the whole set of them in different shapes. I found PTI has some "Noted" dies that come with the card base that is scalloped is VERY NICE!!! They usually come with different shaped stitched dies which turns out to be what I'm happy with. When you collect all of the Noted dies, you turn out to have sets....the other shapes that come with the base are in Ovals, rectangles & circles!
You can check here:
https://www.papertreyink.com/index.p...=noted%3A+dies
You can find other interesting dies to go with these in the Don't Forget To Write Kit also! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2017, 04:02 PM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigerlily55View Post

What is the shipping on a Gina Marie die?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2017, 06:21 PM   #20  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Another die series I think is worth mentioning is My Favorite Things' Blueprints dies:
Blueprints

These dies are perfect for anyone that would like a helping hand with card layouts. Each Blueprints includes printable sketches (MFT Printable Resources | Blueprints Sketches |) and the elements can be arranged in a ton of other ways for unique card layouts. They come on their own magnetic sheet, which makes them easy to store.

The downside is the price. If you break it down by the number of dies you get in each blueprint, they're very reasonably priced. But it's still a big chunk of money to put into just one set at once. MFT does occasionally put them on sale (20% off on dies, for example, or a store-wide sale for big sales like Black Friday), so they can be a bit more affordable.

My personal favorite (and most used) set is Blueprints 13: Die-namics Blueprints 13
The largest rectangle cuts a stitched 4x5.25" piece that's perfect for layering onto an A2 card base. I think I ran that rectangle through my Bigshot hundreds of times, and I still reach for it all the time.

Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2017, 06:45 PM   #21  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by janesprandoView Post
What is the shipping on a Gina Marie die?
I spent about $20.00 (2 items) and I think the shipping was about $4.? They have free shipping on $50. + orders.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2017, 02:29 AM   #22  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts

Popping back to say that the sets I probably use most often are the Spellbinders A2 rectangle dies - they are perfectly sized for layers on A2 cards, and I do a lot of mixed media backgrounds and CAS cards that lend themselves to large or full card sized panels. The dies have a nice embossed edge and clean look.
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2017, 04:23 AM   #23  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreativeCardseaView Post
Another die series I think is worth mentioning is My Favorite Things' Blueprints dies:
Blueprints

These dies are perfect for anyone that would like a helping hand with card layouts. Each Blueprints includes printable sketches (MFT Printable Resources | Blueprints Sketches |) and the elements can be arranged in a ton of other ways for unique card layouts. They come on their own magnetic sheet, which makes them easy to store.

The downside is the price. If you break it down by the number of dies you get in each blueprint, they're very reasonably priced. But it's still a big chunk of money to put into just one set at once. MFT does occasionally put them on sale (20% off on dies, for example, or a store-wide sale for big sales like Black Friday), so they can be a bit more affordable.

My personal favorite (and most used) set is Blueprints 13: Die-namics Blueprints 13
The largest rectangle cuts a stitched 4x5.25" piece that's perfect for layering onto an A2 card base. I think I ran that rectangle through my Bigshot hundreds of times, and I still reach for it all the time.

Hope that helps!
So agree that Blueprints are beyond neat - and the price has stopped me. My fave is #18. : )

Since I liked the angled look, one of my fave die sets that also has curves and a point:
https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/produ...FT599-MFT599D4 I think the code for $5.00 off this month is HEART.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2017, 04:30 AM   #24  
Gallery Gazer

Did anyone post this already? Jennifer McGuire has a favorite dies video that might be helpful since she shows ways to use the dies. My Favorite Things: DIES & Die Cutting Essentials + Giveaways - Jennifer McGuire Ink

Or skip the video and look underneath it at the dies, which are divided into categories, including the basic shapes being discussed. I already had the die set I just posted about but it's there. BTW, Amazon sells it for MFT too, and if you have prime it's free shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2017, 08:33 AM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

@bjeans:
Amazon can be a great place to get dies if you're not in a hurry. I was able to grab a couple of the Blueprints for 10-15$ (with Prime shipping!) during a sale sometime last year. I haven't seen them drop that low since, but I do look up the stamping supplies on there occasionally.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2017, 08:42 AM   #26  
Gallery Gazer

Elle, wow, great price. Sometimes I buy dies from Amazon, and if a U.S. Prime member, shipping takes two days. If shipping directly from the manufacturer (so not labeled as Prime), sometimes it takes a little longer.

I check Blueprints off and on, but since I found them there hasn't been a sale or I missed it. I'll have to make sure I'm on their mailing list - glad you mentioned them as a reminder.

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2017, 08:47 AM   #27  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Beth-
You can also check out their FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/MFTStamps/

They always share sales and coupons there - sometimes they're just a day or two only kind of sales, but they are definitely worth the savings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2017, 08:50 AM   #28  
Gallery Gazer

Cool, thank you. I unsubscribed from FB several years ago but can still sneak a peek. And oddly, I wasn't subscribed to their mailing lists (plural).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2017, 08:57 AM   #29  
Hardware Hotshot

A little off topic of dies here, but I would be careful ordering supplies from Amazon. I ordered a PB stamp set, as it was cheaper from Amazon. Well, when I stamped the image, I saw that the image was marred from the factory. I sent it back to Amazon for another one. I put the piece of card stock in the package of the stamp, so they could see what I was talking about & know that it was damaged. Well, they just turned around & sent the very same stamp set back, without even taking that piece of card stock out of the package! Make sure you check out your purchases closely when you get them. I ended up sending the set back again, for a full refund & purchased the PB set elsewhere for a higher price!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2017, 09:08 AM   #30  
Gallery Gazer

Good point. Occasionally an item has been damaged because of poor packaging or something else. Most of the time Amazon has sent a new one and told me to donate/trash the other one.

Sometimes when I've told them the item is usable but arrived late or the packaging was terrible, they've refunded a portion of the cost. If it was a big ticket item I'm sure that would not be the case - I'd have to return it - but they've been easy to work with, aside from sometimes their reps respond in a way that makes it obvious they either didn't read or didn't understand, so we go back and forth.

I've noticed as the years have gone by they've made it easier to deal with problems - but maybe that's because we've been Prime members since day 1 and have spent a lot over time. Often when I've complained I'll say I don't want anything, just want them to know. So maybe your history factors in? I'm not saying that's fair, just have wondered.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2017, 11:43 AM   #31  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Popping back in again too. Lots more good tips here.
I like the get shapes you cant hand cut....
the SB A2 layer sets-they are sister sets A & B but as said are excellent for anyone having trouble cutting straight layers or to cut your beautiful HM backgrounds...
making sure they will fit your cutting machine-I had a lovey set of celtic rings I waited a whole year for them to go on sale...and they were still expensive. I get them and only 3 smaller ones would fit my machine. had to return them. I was SO disappointed. I should have realized-Brit mfg and they like to make bigger cards. I felt like a dope.

Which brings me to a big tip....look at cards made with them on Pinterest...all you have to do is type "Poppystamps Rose die" and it will come up.

LOOK CLOSELY at the cards....try to make sure you know what size they are-maybe by what is around them in the picture. Lots of people make bigger cards than A2. And dont tell you it is, and you may think they just made the pic bigger. So it can seem like the die is a good size. Check the details on the product page. If you cant find it-ask the company. That was the mistake I made on those celtic rings and I didnt start this hobby just yesterday. So anyone can make these kinds of mistakes. Never assume!

I took an A2 postcard and made a grid one inch both directions in ink and then 1/2 in pencil that I keep by the computer. Someone says...2 1/4 x 3 1/2 and I can see immediately how that is on an A2 card. One of the best things I ever did for myself. Pictures are deceiving. They blow them up for clarity (even more true for stamps) and then it turns out they are tiny!

Spellbinders is a huge, old company with a baziliion dies to their name. There are always SB on sale somewhere....Scrapmart constantly has them. Justrite ususally does, and others have regularly. Sometimes you can find basic shape nested sets. But be aware: SB may put 5-6 dies in a set but there will be the "standard squares Small" and then the "standard squares large", and so on. Those infinity sets have the widest range of sizes in one set I have ever seen. Wish those were around years ago!

Of course, depending on how you are going to store them...you can put sets together to save space.

You have considered how you are going to store them right?

Have you bought the die cutting machine yet? There are some that come in bigger sizes. Just because a person only makes A2 does not mean you should not get a bigger one. You could cut many more dies, and then cut those in half and make 2 cards for example. (or a bigger card, top of a box, cover of a book, etc) When the standard one I have bites the dust that is what I am going to do. They will go on sale too.

I love dies. I have a serious problem with them LOL. but basic shapes can do SO much. you can stack them, turn them sideways like a square to make a fat diamond, use the tiniest ones scattered repeatedly on a card and put it over a a pretty colored base (companies call this cover dies and charge a lot of money for them)...you make shaker cards with them...you can make swing cards....so dont feel like those are boring. Lots of you tubes talking about how many ways to use them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2017, 12:10 PM   #32  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
Good point. Occasionally an item has been damaged because of poor packaging or something else. Most of the time Amazon has sent a new one and told me to donate/trash the other one.

Sometimes when I've told them the item is usable but arrived late or the packaging was terrible, they've refunded a portion of the cost. If it was a big ticket item I'm sure that would not be the case - I'd have to return it - but they've been easy to work with, aside from sometimes their reps respond in a way that makes it obvious they either didn't read or didn't understand, so we go back and forth.

I've noticed as the years have gone by they've made it easier to deal with problems - but maybe that's because we've been Prime members since day 1 and have spent a lot over time. Often when I've complained I'll say I don't want anything, just want them to know. So maybe your history factors in? I'm not saying that's fair, just have wondered.
We aren't "Prime Members," but believe you me, we spend A LOT on Amazon. So, our "history" isn't a factor here. I think our order was handled by a lazy person. And it also seems EVERYONE is hurting right now, with Obama Care at the edge of collapse..... So, who knows what is going on behind the scenes at Amazon. We paid for Shipping & Handling also. They only gave us a label to mail it back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2017, 12:19 PM   #33  
Hardware Hotshot

Another thing with Amazon that I've noticed here lately, I ordered "NEW," not used stamps, & it came covered in something, inside & outside the package. I think it was creamed coffee. I cleaned it up & kept the set, as I wanted it & everything was fine, except for the coffee. WEIRD!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2017, 12:41 PM   #34  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLadyView Post
We aren't "Prime Members," but believe you me, we spend A LOT on Amazon. So, our "history" isn't a factor here. I think our order was handled by a lazy person. And it also seems EVERYONE is hurting right now, with Obama Care at the edge of collapse..... So, who knows what is going on behind the scenes at Amazon. We paid for Shipping & Handling also. They only gave us a label to mail it back.
I don't know if Amazon treats Prime members or long-time Prime members or people who have purchased X amount or returned Y amount differently. It's possible but who knows?

But we did buy something a few days ago that we decided we didn't need after finding a better solution for a senior cats, and like for you, got a label to return it. : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2017, 12:24 AM   #35  
Cardstock Collector

I'm in the UK. The most useful dies I have are those with scalloped or shaped edges. Also doilly style dies, especially round or oval ones.

As for specific shapes, ones for wedding, new baby etc. are useful. Also ones which can be used for several occasions like balloons, champagne glasses and flowers.

I also have lever punches in various sizes of basic shapes, some with scalloped edges. Great for making card toppers.

Forgot to add intricate corner and border dies.

Last edited by Diane Allen; 03-04-2017 at 12:28 AM.. Reason: Added words
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2017, 02:02 AM   #36  
Stampin' Fool

Great info from our SCS friends! There's just something special about dies compared to electronic or trimmer cut shapes, not that I don't use my trimmer for a quick square or rectangle. These are favorites in my stash.

Spellbinders Card Creator A2 layering dies A&B
Die-namics Wonky Stitched STAX (rectangles, squares, ovals, circles)
Die-namics Stitched Scallops (rectangles, squares, ovals, circles)
Die-namics Stitched Frames (rectangles, squares, ovals, circles)
Simon Says Stamp Balloons Craft Dies
My Creative Time Stitched Circle Balloon Dies
My Creative Time Stitched Large Balloon Dies
A Cardmaking Journey in Progress
Reply With Quote Likes