Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-14-2008, 12:19 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Request Idea Book (Venting)

I just had to vent. I don't usually post to vent but I just need to get this off my chest. Here's my story:
I resigned from Close To My Heart about 3 months ago due to personal stuff. I do like their stuff so since the new Spring Idea Book was coming out soon, I contacted a consultant in my area asking to purchase one. No response. I waited for about 3 days, nothing. I contacted another, nothing. I contacted another one about 3 days ago, still nothing. Now, if I was contacted by a potential customer, I would have e-mailed to acknowledge her request and sell her an idea book. I guess they are doing so well they don't need new potential customers. It's just irritating and not the way to do business in my book.
Anyways, sorry to those who may feel offended, but I feel much better now.

Kim
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2008, 02:16 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Aww that's too bad. Don't you hate it when you have money to spend and can't find someone to help?

Anyway, I think every company has demos like that, even Stampin' Up! (gasp). Not an excuse, but this time of year is so extremely busy and stressful for everyone. And if you told them that you only wanted an idea book then your request might not be at the top of their priority list? KWIM?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2008, 05:07 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Why don't you just go online and see if it's posted there?

Sibylle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2008, 07:28 AM   #4  
SCS Swap Moderator

I know how you feel. When my girl moved away I needed a new consultant. Went on their website and contacted the ones near where I live. I heard nothing. I contacted in total 8 and finally on the same day 2 weeks later I got 2 very nice consultants. One which is over an hour away and the other which is 40 minutes away. I made appt with both as I needed help with my daughters wedding. They both even came and met me at work to help me. I use both. I order online from both only go to one of the workshops as she is closer and I hate to be so far from home at night. I have met the stampin up consultants in my area at shows and they say oh come to my workshop. I tell them I contacted you for supplies and I have a consultant thank you. So I know how you feel. Especially when you need something. Contact an out of area person. And do everything by phone or email. I happy now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2008, 10:33 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

CTMH might do better lowering the requirements to be on the locator because now only the consultants that have a booming business(certain dollar amount in sales) are allowed on it. Those that are still trying to build their businesses(not that the others aren't but...) might be more apt to answer quickly trying to get those sales. No one is supposed to mail out the new catty yet though until Jan 1st. But at least they could have emailed you back and told you that. I agree, this is a really busy time of year for lots of people but a 2 second reply to an email seems reasonable,imo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2008, 11:33 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Maybe the demo you are trying to contact has had something come up. I wouldn't be quick to harsh on on certain company or person because you never know what might be going on in their lives. Its also possible that they may be on the demo locator and active, but just aren't into their business right now. You never know what goes on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2008, 11:36 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluv2colorView Post
CTMH might do better lowering the requirements to be on the locator because now only the consultants that have a booming business(certain dollar amount in sales) are allowed on it.
EXACTLY one of the reasons why I am considering quitting CTMH. Policies suck right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2008, 05:59 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Luckily, I don't really care about that one, except I think it's funny that companies will shoot themselves in the foot. I really do, I think it's hilarious! Whenever a company causes a consultant to think, "well, it's just not worth promoting you guys because of all the hoops i have to jump thru,lol" then it's a losing situation for the company. Sure, you need to reward those that are doing it more as a business, I get that, but it seems like they could use all the help they can get, in getting those catalogs out to people. And where are you going next....they all seem to have nonsensical rules that keep you from running your business the way that works best for you. We just get to pick and choose what we can live with. We could just be customers, but once you have gotten the "sale"price, it's hard to even be just a customer. I may try that in the future, not saying I won't ,but there is alot to be said for, "being in the club". If enough "stuff" drives you crazy though, you do what you gotta do. I always refrain from recruiting just so I can always just drop it without letting anyone down. I used to think a year on trial was long enough to know if you were going to stick with something but these companies are always changing and you never know when they are going to go in a totally different direction.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2008, 01:58 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

I quit because I can't seem to get anywhere. I can't even promote my business on my blog or go to craft fairs and sell crafts and be a consultant at the same time so it was not worth it. In order to be on the consultant locator, I had to sell $500. Well, after half of my customers were stolen from me, didn't care to sell to allow that person to make money off my sales.

Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2008, 02:01 PM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

I just want to say a big thank you to the ladies that pm me to mail me a catalog. One has mailed one to me.

Thanks,

Kim
Reply With Quote Likes