Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-03-2016, 10:08 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Pinterest -- Love it or Hate it?

I have mixed feelings about Pinterest.

There are things I love about it:
  • I can save photos of things that interest me.
  • I can click on the photo and (sometimes) go directly to the page with the info.
  • It's easy to use and access items that are neatly organize in folders.

But mostly, I hate it:
  • A Google search will often bring up tons of Pinterest photos that have little do with what I'm searching for. For that reason, I sometimes view Pinterest as an Internet weed. Pretty flowers, until it begins to take over the garden.
  • When I do find something I'm looking for in a Google search, I click on a photo, then click on "view page" and I'm usually dumped onto a Pinterest page with tons and tons of stuff I need to dig through until I find that one picture I originally clicked on.
  • But the worst is getting there, clicking on that one photo inside Pinterest with hopes of learning how to make a recipe or do a technique and I get "Page Not Found." Pinning something is not the same as saving it. It's simply saving a photo with a link. If I want instructions, and I don't want to chance losing them, I need to save them to my computer, not Pinterest.

How about you? Do you have a Love-Hate relationship with Pinterest? Or are your feelings all one sided?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2016, 10:23 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I use Pinterest kind of like I use Google. I type in something in the search bar and scroll through. I don't have an account and don't post anything there myself.

The search function doesn't seem to be as precise as Google though, and the pages usually have lots of pictures of things I'm not interested in.

Sometimes my Google search brings up lots of Pinterest pages, which I will follow until I lose patience with it.

It would probably be more useful to me if I took time to learn more about how it operates.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2016, 10:26 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

You pretty much summed it up for me! I "get" Pinterest but I don't either know enough about how to use it or I am using it the wrong way. When I see something I like, and it takes me a page and it just has the picture, or to a page that doesn't even have the picture I liked on it.

To the point that I hardly use it as I get frustrated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2016, 12:05 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I must admit I use Pinterest a lot, as I decided that having all my inspirations of one sort or another on my pc was better than printing stuff out. Which is generally how I use it, to see cards etc that I may want to try out. Techniques as well, along with recipes of various sorts. I do try and keep my boards to around 200 pins max, as after going to one persons board, who'd posted a couple of cards I was interested in, and finding there was over a thousand images posted, I realised I would never, ever scroll that far!
What frustrates me is when someone, and it's often the original pinner, just pinned an image, with no link back to the original site. Not only is that classed as extremely bad manners, it's frustrating if you want to know about a product or technique used in the item. I just follow certain people, or certain boards, so only really get stuff I'm interested in on my main feed.
Of course the worst part is the sheer number of hours that can be lost just browsing. I spend time pinning things I'd like to make when I have some spare time. I am very aware of the irony of this situation, lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2016, 12:07 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love Pinterest because I get so many ideas and product information, I think it's wonderful!!!

I am frustrated with it, because I am ignorant when it comes to using it!! I press "Follow" but don't know how to organize all this "$^&%*(&$" I've followed!!! Instead of just my card samples or watercolor/marker/stuff I've selected, I have hairdos, recipes, home decorating stuff!!!!! you get the idea...... I only want my crafting stuff!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2016, 12:35 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Received 495 Likes on 164 Posts

Pretty one-sided...I don't care all that much for Pinterest. Tried it early on, thought it was interesting, then watched as it consumed more and more free time. So I stopped using it. I find it kinda funny when I make a card for a workshop, and some guests ask me whose Pinterest account I used for inspiration...I couldn't pin a picture anymore to save my soul.

I guess it's the closet Luddite in me...I was a late FB adopter, have a Twitter account but no followers (I don't tweet, respond, or retweet; just read), and had a blog for all of about three days. I still own hundreds of records albums, use a landline at home, and prefer the feel of an actual book in my hands. (Geez, next thing you know, I'll be screaming "Get off my lawn" at the neighborhood kids! ;-) ) And yet, I also own a dozen devices, work in IT, and would rather text/message than actually call anyone...

I figure one day soon I'll change my mind, decide to use Pinterest again for some compelling reason, and find it has gone the way of MySpace. Just my luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2016, 12:56 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

I really like Pinterest. I use it for inspiration when my mojo decides to take a vacation.

If I can't find something by just browsing, I'll go into my boards, find something that I've pinned & will CASE it.

I usually go to the site from the pin and then pin the card (or whatever) from there. That way, I know I've gotten it from the source.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2016, 04:02 PM   #8  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

Pinterest is like any other new tool or technique. You have to "practice" and do a little reading to get the benefit from it.

Searching - varying the words you use to search will help. We all had to learn how Google thinks to get our searches to work well.

Page not found - Pinterest has no control if a webpage gets deleted so there is no link back to the original site.

Just a pic - no instructions - yep, that can be frustrating as heck, but I'm the sort that would rather have the pic so I saw the idea. Also, I don't consider it bad manners as they may have pinned it for themselves and they shouldn't be concerned if others don't like it.

I only have a few boards - I know I won't search through a ton of boards so I keep it simple. I've seen people with hundreds of boards and I just imagine that they really use them all. I have the "Pin It" button installed - this will allow me to pin pictures I find on various sites.

I like Pinterest less now that they allow ads and I don't like the phone app as much as the desktop version.

All in all, I've learned some interesting things, odd things, and things that just don't work. I'm glad it was invented but if it gets boring, I'll just stop going there and find another way to waste some time. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2016, 04:23 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

I like Pinterest because I don't lose the photos I've saved if my computer crashes. It's like a 'cloud' for me. I like that a board can be private and not shared.

The search feature is a little off making it frustrating at times but it works for me.

I go there specifically looking for something and I sit there saying over and over what my search terms are because I get SO lost in the first page that comes up! I try to get on, pin a few items or find that card I saved to CASE and make and then get right off. Well, I TRY to...lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2016, 06:29 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I like it. I like that I can pin stuff on more than one board if I so choose too. Sometimes something belongs in more than one place. And I like that I can organize my pins how I would like. I don't "lose" things by not remembering where I saved them either. For instance, I have a lot of crafts and projects and stuff I'd like to do with my toddler when he's older. It's all right there.

While I do use it for crafting, I use it in my every day life as well. I love fashion and pin inspiration for outfits often. I LOVE cooking and meal plan each week using my cooking boards. I also have a lot of boards dedicated to home decor and other such stuff. I have a paint color board and it really helped us pick colors when we painted much of our house. My MIL has an account as well and she often pins gift ideas for herself so that's helpful as well!

I will admit that when it was newer (or I was newer to it at least) that I would waste quite a bit of time on it. Now, I pretty much only look at my pins, briefly scan my feed, and or search for specific things and I don't just browse aimlessly. It can be overwhelming only if you let it I think. I go in with clear ideas and I try to keep my boards organized as well.

I do not like when they do suggested pins or promoted pins. I ONLY want to see people that I've actively decided to follow! That drives me nuts!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2016, 07:32 PM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts

LOVE it! Like Shaz, I love that I can pin something and not have to print it out. Just this weekend, I found a box absolutely full of things I had printed and never looked at again. Instructions for tiny crocheted flowers that I could use on cards - tossed! Several of the tutorials right here on SCS - tossed! Why did I ever print them out to begin with??? Teabag folding instructions - tossed! One of the few things I kept was instructions on tying knots, which I love to do. This goes back to spending time with my Dad, a champion knot-tie-er if there ever was one. Ok, got off the subject a tad...

Love Pinterest; I have boards set up for lots of my stamp sets so I have loads of pinspiration when I'm ready to use one of them. I've tried lots of recipes I've found. And when I'm at the grocery store, I just bring up my board, go to the site and have an instant shopping list. I've read some great books I wouldn't have known about otherwise.

And I just realized I haven't seen any ads or promoted or suggested pins in quite some time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2016, 07:42 PM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a Pinterest fan also. I used to have hundreds of bookmarks on my computer for things I may want to refer to in the future. Now I just pin them and now worry about losing them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2016, 08:02 PM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

Tried it for a few days and didn't like it so I never went back. Learning how to use it effectively would take too much of my time and I have too many others things I want to do with my time at my age.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2016, 08:15 PM   #14  
Stampin' Fool

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I use Pinterest so much, I would be lost without it! Like others mentioned, it's a wonderful source of inspiration when I'm making cards and my mojo isn't working. I've found lots of great recipes and I love being able to pull up a recipe on my phone or iPad while I'm at the grocery store. Recently I created a board of ideas and products that helped me redecorate my son's bedroom, and I was able to refer to this board while I was shopping at IKEA so I was sure to get everything I needed.

I have over 80 boards on a wide variety of topics and I use every one of them! Today, for instance, I was pinning pictures of Havanese dog haircuts so I can show the groomer exactly what I'm thinking of when I take our puppy in for her first trim.

My most favorite use, however, is going to the library and pulling up my "Books To Read" board and using it to find a whole stack of good books in under ten minutes instead of the hour it used to take me before Pinterest. As long as I keep myself from getting sucked into spending hours scrolling through pins on my feed and falling into a "related pins" rabbit hole Pinterest has been a real timesaver for me.

Christine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2016, 09:52 PM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Love it ... use it everyday for card inspiration or workouts or funny stuff or recipes or anything else that strikes my fancy. I've just looked up chalk board ideas .. who knew there was so many ideas out there :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2016, 12:58 AM   #16  
Kookie Creator

I love it....I saved everything on my computer and lost it all when it crashed. I now save everything on Pinterest....nice and safe.

Besides...these drugs I am on keep me awake at night and surfing Pinterest is brain-numbing some nights and puts me back to sleep...hahahah.

Cathy

http://catricks-creations.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2016, 04:15 AM   #17  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I do like Pinterest a lot, even though there are "weeds" in the garden. I have found it to be my "go to" when I need an idea for just about anything. I don't live by Pinterest but sure do like that it's a one-stop place for ideas and inspiration!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2016, 05:13 AM   #18  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I LOVE Pinterest... ! Can't even say I LIKE it, it is a love of mine. Check out my Pinterest Board of my own cards (That was a shameless plug.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2016, 06:21 AM   #19  
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 243 Likes on 129 Posts

Pinterest can certainly be polled by "Love It? Hate It?"

I was very slow to 'like it'.
That is definitely "history" now!

Finding/Saving foodies ... >>>
In a heartbeat that changes to countess other ideas!
Inspiration galore in categories that seem endless ...

If you don't have a magazine available & TV offers zero viewing interests ... visit Pinterest & take an unplanned journey into 'ideas'. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2016, 07:27 AM   #20  
Hardware Hotshot

OK, since so many of you love it, I have downloaded Pinterest to my phone again....I will try it again....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2016, 08:09 AM   #21  
Die Cut Diva

I really like it, but I do get frustrated when I try to click on a photo with a technique or something and the link is dead. There seems to be so many of those!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2016, 01:45 PM   #22  
Insane Embellisher

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

love Pinterest, I browse it nightly! I love being able to have different boards for cards, recipes, holiday d�cor etc. Love all the different card making ideas, but can lead to "needing" a new stamp, die etc.!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2016, 07:34 AM   #23  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

I love what works well on Pinterest and hate what doesn't. I have always been a visual person and an idea saver, so the inspiration I get from Pinterest is wonderful. I hate any ads, chosen for you etc. I also wish there was an easier way to organize pins within a board. I have copied or modified many ideas I found on Pinterest to make them my own. I have created boards and shared them with contractors and this has been invaluable.

As far as the social media aspect of it I am sorry that is not my thing. My daughters follow me and I them, and I follow boards of people who share my taste. I swear one pinner I follow is a sister of mine from a former life. Some people I don't know follow me and I hope I don't frustrate them. I just use Pinterest as my pin board and really don't ever consider that someone else might get frustrated with the number of pins they would need to look through on my boards, or some other annoying habit I may have and not even be aware I am being offensive.:oops:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2016, 07:53 AM   #24  
Mad Swapper

I think the idea of Pinterest is great. I find the problem is that some people don't understand how to "pin" something correctly. When viewing a blog, for instance, and you want to pin a card idea you need to click on that blog post and then pin the image. I find lots of pins of a specific image take you to the persons blog but not that particular blog post. You then have to search that blog for the image you are looking for. It takes a few extra clicks to open a blog post, pin the image, then click to go back to viewing the blog but it sure saves time later on for when you or others are trying to find that blog post.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2016, 08:11 AM   #25  
Mad Swapper

Pinterest is the Devil!! And I LOVE it!

Like many of you have said, it saves trees!! Trees, people! I have several recipe folders for chicken, the crock pot, shrimp, side dishes, bread and desserts. With the app on my phone, I can check the ingredients when I am at the grocery store and buy what I need. When a recipe is a keeper it goes into a folder labeled "I Made This And It was Faulous!" or the pin is deleted.

At a glance I can see so many more cards in my Papercrafting folder than bouncing in and out of a gallery.

I have a folder for travel and one for Italy with all kinds of tidbits that I just enjoy browing through.

My Nursing Stuff folder has stuff in it that only nurses would get......

But it is the Devil because I start to wander and click on things and get interested and then look - there are more pins about the same subject and hey - I always wanted to make soap but wait - look at that crocheted hat pattern! I could stay on Pinterest for for hours and have 50 recipes, 100 cards, 60 patterns, and a trip mentally planned to Tuscany while laundry awaits (but I did find a pin that showed how to get ink stains out of a sweatshirt with hairspray!)

There is something for everyone with every hobby no matter what your taste or sense of humor is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2016, 08:13 AM   #26  
Hardware Hotshot

Ok, so in my baby steps I have made my boards private, I have them for me....so how did I get a follower, if my boards are private?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2016, 08:54 AM   #27  
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 243 Likes on 129 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jukieView Post
Ok, so in my baby steps I have made my boards private, I have them for me....so how did I get a follower, if my boards are private?
The option to 'follow' is available on everyone's profile/main page. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2016, 10:00 AM   #28  
Die Cut Diva

Received 104 Likes on 55 Posts

Initially I loved browsing/lurking on Pinterest.
Then, when they required you to signup, I did that. That lasted about 3 days as I started getting a lot of spam emails. I then discontinued my account and can't "see" anything anymore. I figure it's Pinterest's loss and my gain for having more time to look here on SCS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2016, 11:51 AM   #29  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 506 Likes on 226 Posts

I'm with melissa59...I mostly love it. But occasionally there's a frustration or many.

Much of what I pin is for the picture only. So it's a great place to save pictures for all kinds of things. I even have boards of beautiful photography...just for my personal enjoyment.

But I sure do hate it when I want to go to the page where that pin SHOULD be...and all I get is a picture. It was the picture someone pinned, not the page the picture was on. And it is practically impossible to find where that picture is posted online.

I understand if someone removed a page and you get a "page not found"...frustrating but not worth getting mad over. I just delete that pin, so I don't go searching for it over and over.

I also get frustrated when the pin takes me to the FIRST page of a blog, and not to the particular post. No way am I going to hunt thru years of posts to find what I'm looking for.

As for the Google searches that find Pinterest items...that's not a Pinterest problem. That's a result of there being lots of activity on those items and that's how Google finds them. That's a Google issue, but frustrating if you DO want to follow up on them.

I have one problem with Pinterest...that is a problem with ME. ;) I tend to get on Pinterest and tell myself, "I don't have time to PIN right now, so I'll LIKE it, and come back later to pin." I wish I had never started that! Recent stuff is all in one folder that is way too big to browse. So those of you who follow me in any way will get bunches of pins at a time and I'm sure that frustrates you too! I'll try to change my evil ways!!
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2016, 12:04 PM   #30  

Received 847 Likes on 280 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampindoeView Post
Initially I loved browsing/lurking on Pinterest.
Then, when they required you to signup, I did that. That lasted about 3 days as I started getting a lot of spam emails. I then discontinued my account and can't "see" anything anymore. I figure it's Pinterest's loss and my gain for having more time to look here on SCS.
What do you mean Spam emails? I've never gotten spam from pinterest only notifications when somebody had repinned something I've pinned or when someone new starts following me or one of my boards. I also get emails for boards that might interest me based on things I've pinned. But none of it is stuff I haven't allowed.

I personally love Pinterest. Did you know you can arrange your boards alphabetically? On a PC all you have to do is drag n drop.

Someone said they don't like getting stuff on their Pinterest feed that is stuff other than crafts. If you follow a person then you will see EVERYTHING they pin. If you only want to see certain stuff from them then you need to go to their boards and unfollow any boards you aren't interested in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2016, 12:07 PM   #31  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 506 Likes on 226 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetostamp3View Post
I love Pinterest because I get so many ideas and product information, I think it's wonderful!!!

I am frustrated with it, because I am ignorant when it comes to using it!! I press "Follow" but don't know how to organize all this "$^&%*(&$" I've followed!!! Instead of just my card samples or watercolor/marker/stuff I've selected, I have hairdos, recipes, home decorating stuff!!!!! you get the idea...... I only want my crafting stuff!!!
I have a suggestion for you. Follow boards, not people. The only people I follow are my children and children-in-laws ;)

Go to your boards page by clicking on your name in the top right corner. Click on the "--- Following" choice in the center under your name. That will open up the names of all the people you have followed in any way. You can methodically click on each name and check to see which boards you follow. If they say "unfollow" in gray, then you are following those boards. Unfollow the ones you don't want to see.

As I was checking the procedure on my account, I noticed that I am following more boards than I want to for many of those people. I'll be checking all those people and unfollowing a lot of boards.

Then to keep yourself from following all one person might have, when you see someone whose, say, cardmaking boards you want to follow, click on that person's name on one of their pins and that will take you to their boards. Follow only the boards you want to.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2016, 01:41 PM   #32  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Diane (Fionna51), you are right about the Google-Pinterest aspect. It is indeed a Google (gardener) problem, but I still consider Pinterest to be the weed. LOL

I have one follower, not sure why. And I have no interest in following anyone--at least not right now. Of my 15-18 boards, all are currently "secret." There's really nothing secret about them. I keep them private so that I can make things simple for me (move things about, add and delete) without worrying about messing up someone else's stuff. And I don't pin from someone else's board. I follow the link and pin directly from its origin. I need specifics (recipe, instructions, etc) then I copy the info to my recipe software or external hard drive -- where it may or may not be accessed in the coming years. (Yes, I sometimes have to purge my hard drive as well as my craft room or clothes closet!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2016, 05:17 PM   #33  

I don't think you deleting a pin messes up anything anyone else has pinned from your pin. It's not their pin. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I follow some people and some specific boards of people. Really only things I'm interested it. I really do like it and I honestly don't click over to where the pins actually come from much. At least for my stamping stuff, I pretty much use the pictures just on my boards. I have a sketch one, a color combo one, and then actual cards. I use them for inspiration by looking at the whole board. I forgot to add earlier that I like to pin stuff for my little guy too. I used it when designing his nursery (use it a lot for home decor ideas) and little boy haircuts, birthday party ideas, and playroom ideas as well as arts and crafts and activities. It really is handy if you don't let it overwhelm you!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2016, 09:45 PM   #34  
Rubber Obsessor

I love it! Great for inspiration for cards and sbing. Great for recipies and decorating ideas. When I first joined I wasted more time than I wanted just browsing, but now I use it efficiently. I could care less about following anyone or if they follow me. I think my boards are private but if not that doesn't bother me either. I think it's a handy resource.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2016, 08:13 AM   #35  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I get really amused by the 'Picked for you' pins that Pinterest puts up on my main feed- when they are from my own blog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2016, 04:32 PM   #36  
Die Cut Diva

I use it all the time.

1: Card inspiration: layouts & color combos, plus ideas for stamps sets and technique tutorials

2: Recipes: I no longer fiddle with clipped recipes, recipe books, scribbled notes. I have multiple boards by type, and use the tablet in the kitchen while I cook.

3: Things I find that I want to show my husband. This includes funny photos, videos, gift ideas, or even items to consider for house renovations.

4: Hair cuts I'm considering, clothing I might want to buy, other items I might want to buy.

5: Organization and cleaning tips and inspiration.

6: Random geeky stuff. I have a board with nothing but Calvin & Hobbes-inspired snowmen. I have another board with ideas for a steampunk costume.

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2016, 02:37 AM   #37  
Pearl-ExPert

I love love love pinterest. It can be used for many things. I started out at one point tracking my stamp inventory via a Pinterest board but have since moved to Evernote. How many of us have seen a lovely card or idea somewhere on the web and said "I must have that stamp set" and once the stamp arrives you can't recall why you wanted it so badly. When I order a stamp, I create a board for it and pin inspiration to it from the creations others have made with that same stamp. I always have a place to go and look for inspiration on the boards I created for the products I own. It's a win win situation. The only negative I can state about Pinterest is that it is a "time suck". You jump on for a few minutes and all of a sudden hours have passed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2016, 06:14 AM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Love it now that I'm reorganizing it into boards by cardmaker. for some reason, it really helps to see a lot of cards made by one stamper all in one place. I've learned so much about styles by doing this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2016, 10:23 AM   #39  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51View Post
I have a suggestion for you. Follow boards, not people. The only people I follow are my children and children-in-laws ;)

Go to your boards page by clicking on your name in the top right corner. Click on the "--- Following" choice in the center under your name. That will open up the names of all the people you have followed in any way. You can methodically click on each name and check to see which boards you follow. If they say "unfollow" in gray, then you are following those boards. Unfollow the ones you don't want to see.

As I was checking the procedure on my account, I noticed that I am following more boards than I want to for many of those people. I'll be checking all those people and unfollowing a lot of boards.

Then to keep yourself from following all one person might have, when you see someone whose, say, cardmaking boards you want to follow, click on that person's name on one of their pins and that will take you to their boards. Follow only the boards you want to.
Oh Diane, you are a jewel!!! I always just saw the opening page, which was an overwhelming page of everything I seemed to even look at!!! When I took your suggestion, to my surprise it was nice and organized just like I wanted to the Boards I was following!! Thank you so much for "telling me where to go!" That was what I really needed to know!

You are a real time saver, I love you!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2016, 10:30 AM   #40  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

I love pintrest for card inspiration. I also look for recipes to try. I have over 133 recipes in my tried folder that I have added to my recipe box!!

BUT these "Picked for You" pins are driving me nuts!!! Way too many!
Reply With Quote Likes