Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-28-2010, 11:06 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Personal Gallery album question

I wasn't quite sure where I should post this, so I'll apologize if it's in the wrong forum.

I was wondering if you create different albums and you have 1 card that could fit in 2 album categories.......can it be posted for both or can that not be done?

The reason I'm asking is that I want to organize all of my cards and would like to put all of the HYCCT 2010 cards in a folder but many also fit other categories and I can't seem to figure out how to put 1 card into 2 albums.

I hope this makes sense.........Any help would be appreciated. TIA
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

It's preferred that you only upload a card once, either in one single album or in your member gallery. I'd suggest that you put them all into your HYCCT album if you want to keep those together. I was going to say that you could always use a search to find them for other categories, but albums aren't searchable. How about a couple of folders on your computer for organising them in other categories? I don't like albums here except for very specific things like RAKs and ATCs because they're not searchable, so I keep folders for all the different challenges in My Documents, and then it's no problem to save the same card with two or three different names for personal reference. Because I do understand exactly what your problem is - been there, done that .

Last edited by Cook22; 11-28-2010 at 11:30 AM.. Reason: punctuation gone AWOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2010, 11:33 AM   #3  
neglecting the kids and housework

Short answer is you can't put 1 card in 2 albums. They'll both be deleted when the system looks for duplicates.

Another con to albums is that like Sabrina said, they aren't readily viewable by the members. They are only viewable if they go into your gallery and click on that album.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2010, 11:34 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks, Sabrina and Victoria! I do already keep them very well sorted on my computer, and on my blog, but I was just thinking about sorting them for people looking for "certain" cards.....ie, birthday, sympathy, etc.

Maybe I won't bother and just let all my cards as is......that way you can just glance and see all of them.

Thanks for such a quick thorough reply!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2010, 11:37 AM   #5  

If you want people to be able to look for those types of cards then adding keywords are your best bet.

Just as you entered HYCCT into your keywords you can add things like "punches" "nesties" "embossing" "birthday" so when people want some ideas for those things your cards will be included in those searches.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2010, 11:39 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewsplendidstamperView Post
If you want people to be able to look for those types of cards then adding keywords are your best bet.

Just as you entered HYCCT into your keywords you can add things like "punches" "nesties" "embossing" "birthday" so when people want some ideas for those things your cards will be included in those searches.
Oh, that's a good idea!!! I was just putting the primary company in there or the specific challenge keyword. See! I just learned something very simple, but would never have thought of that.

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2010, 11:40 AM   #7  

You're welcome
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2010, 12:09 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

Keywords are great . Putting them in albums would have been counter-productive if you were trying to make it easier for people to find them. Occasions are good to use in keywords too, like Sympathy, Wedding, Engagement. Then your cards will turn up in the Occasions galleries too. Just remember the commas and spaces in between keywords. It sounds basic, but I've seen some weird ones that will only ever yield one search result - themselves.
Reply With Quote Likes