Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-09-2012, 11:07 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Papertrey Ink update - Gift Certificates and Anniversary Sets

Hi,

In case you don't visit the forum but are still waiting for you anniversary set or would like to use a gift certificate, there is this update on the forum:

ANNIVERSARY SETS - Could those who are missing their sets please email me at [email protected]? Please include your full name (it's very difficult to match your username here to your real name, although there are a couple that I know) and your current mailing address. (Due to the fact that I am trying to address this issue as quickly as possible, I would kindly request that ONLY those directly affected take this route.) I am going to make absolutely sure everyone who is missing these receives them.

GIFT CERTIFICATES - Our new system would not accept code to accept old gift certificates, so new codes have been issued and emailed to those with outstanding Yahoo store-based gift certificates (those are easily identified by the @ followed by many random letters). If you entered an old GC# in your order comments during checkout on the new site, we will be taking care of this and applying the new code to your existing order (and once we do so, that new code will be used). I have a list of many people that Dave and I have been in contact with over the last week or so, but if you have not yet contacted customer service with this inquiry, please do so with the subject line OLD GIFT CERTIFICATE. This will expedite the process and make sure you are taken care of as quickly as possible.

If you are thinking about ordering from PTI this month, please take some time to read the forums and educate yourself about the potential issues you might encounter.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2012, 07:29 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thank you for that public service announcement omathgoddess. :-)
If I'm not mistaken, aren't these problems that have stemmed from the February release almost a month ago?
Hmm.
Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2012, 10:15 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Actually, Barbara, the issues with the anniversary set stem from A YEAR AGO February.

The other issues, like the gift certificates not working on the new website and the new website not accepting credit cards with a 2012 expiry, stem from this year's launch. They are still not fixed and there isn't a clear answer on the forums if they will be fixed by the March release.

If you are thinking about ordering, I would suggest you visit their forum. It is a bit difficult to find on their new website, but if you go under the "this and that" tab you can find a link to the forum about halfway down the page.

HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 05:42 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by MathGoddessView Post
Actually, Barbara, the issues with the anniversary set stem from A YEAR AGO February.

The other issues, like the gift certificates not working on the new website and the new website not accepting credit cards with a 2012 expiry, stem from this year's launch. They are still not fixed and there isn't a clear answer on the forums if they will be fixed by the March release.

If you are thinking about ordering, I would suggest you visit their forum. It is a bit difficult to find on their new website, but if you go under the "this and that" tab you can find a link to the forum about halfway down the page.

HTH!
I guess they aren't really wanting people to visit their forum these days.
Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 06:05 AM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can we keep this thread active with updates, please? If you receive new gift certificate codes and/or your anniversary set (and yes, I am aware that I typed "if" and not "when"), then post here to let others know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 07:19 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Location: VA. But my heart is split between the U.S. and Guatemala!

Bump
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 07:48 AM   #7  
Cardstock Collector

I am one of the people waiting for Anniversary sets. I have sent my info now let's see if it takes ANOTHER year to get them! I will let you know if there is any progress, but I am NOT holding my breath.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 07:48 AM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara32caView Post
I guess they aren't really wanting people to visit their forum these days.
Barbara
They must not want people to buy things, either! I have stopped trying to load my cart and check out. It would empty itself, and let me tell you, it was full, so going back and reloading after the third time, well, I just won't do it. They have redesigned their site and it is more difficult to shop and find what you want. I just don't see why you would want to make it more difficult to find and buy your product. These issues have been plaguing them for over a year. I have purchased things from other sites that don't seem to want to make it hard for me to shop and pay. My bank account is happy though because my spending at that site has ground to a halt over these issues. I would like to purchase from them, but with the horror stories about customer service and then the shoping cart troubles, I'll stay away for now.

Jutta
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 09:11 AM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

I placed an order on March 1 and received it this past Tuesday. It was a good size order. I forgot something and ordered it on March 5 and it arrived yesterday.

My experience was a positive one and exactly what I expected.

It is a real mystery why it works for some and not others.

I do understand how frustrating it must be.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampnf1nView Post
I placed an order on March 1 and received it this past Tuesday. It was a good size order. I forgot something and ordered it on March 5 and it arrived yesterday.

My experience was a positive one and exactly what I expected.

It is a real mystery why it works for some and not others.

I do understand how frustrating it must be.

Bonnie
Everything is great when it works! LOL! :-)
The nightmare only begins when you have to deal with customer service.
Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I ordered on 2/15/12 and have yet to receive my purchase. I have written several emails to customer service and have received no reply other than their autoreply. I just sent an email off to Jennifer as indicated in the post in this thread and hopefully she or someone will let me know what is up with this. I am so frustrated that I am actually writing here on this thread!! This is my first bad experience with PTI and I have been ordering from their beginning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by hskellyView Post
I ordered on 2/15/12 and have yet to receive my purchase. I have written several emails to customer service and have received no reply other than their autoreply. I just sent an email off to Jennifer as indicated in the post in this thread and hopefully she or someone will let me know what is up with this. I am so frustrated that I am actually writing here on this thread!! This is my first bad experience with PTI and I have been ordering from their beginning!
Have you seen any of the threads on their forum about customer service being really backed up? I guess your auto reply means that you are a little bit closer to resolution but things seem to be moving very slowly over there right now.

I hope that you get your order soon!
Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanseeView Post
I am one of the people waiting for Anniversary sets. I have sent my info now let's see if it takes ANOTHER year to get them! I will let you know if there is any progress, but I am NOT holding my breath.
The anniversary set fiasco is truly mind boggling! You would think that PTI would do their very best to reward their most loyal customers. I am very curious to know why they had such a delay, and made so many people jump through so many hoops. Did they just run out of sets? Was there an issue with copyrights? Why all the secrecy?

Truthfully, I have not had an issue with PTI. I love their stamps and dies, but I just cannot bring myself to order as long as they continue to treat their customers with such disrespect. I truly hope they clean things up and get back on track. However, continuing to do another release with barely a word to their customers of the potential issues with gift certificates, reward points and the customer service backlog seems deceptive. Unless you happen to know about their forum, you are really left in the dark.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Ya Know....after reading the frustration from so many of you, I will NOT be placing any orders from this company. I did place one, a year ago, and I got it just fine, but I won't take that chance again. It's very unfortunate..and I hope who ever is running the company comes to this website, and sees the feedback from all of you. How sad. Good luck to all of you whom have placed orders, and are waiting for them to arrive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

Update:

Jennifer (forum rep for PTI) posted today that PTI did indeed send the anniversary sets, it is just that people didn't receive them.

:confused:

Wonder what happened to all of them?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

Yes, I read that update. Clear as mud!

Still waiting to hear from anyone who has received their new gift certificate codes in their email!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2012, 06:54 AM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

Default PTI owes me $50 from the 2/15 release

My GC were not applied. After a less than pleasant PM volley with Jenn yesterday I am now told that my money will be refunded by release. I am not holding my breath.
Thanks
Ang
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

The squeaky wheel gets the oil, Ang! Keep on squeakin'!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2012, 07:33 AM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angela1View Post
My GC were not applied. After a less than pleasant PM volley with Jenn yesterday I am now told that my money will be refunded by release. I am not holding my breath.
Thanks
Ang
You're kidding, right?

You would think that PTI would be conciliatory and unbearably polite in this situation. Their customer service issues are numerous, and very well documented across not only their own forum, but SCS and 2peas as well. Perhaps they need to employ a PR person as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by MathGoddessView Post
You're kidding, right?

You would think that PTI would be conciliatory and unbearably polite in this situation. Their customer service issues are numerous, and very well documented across not only their own forum, but SCS and 2peas as well. Perhaps they need to employ a PR person as well.
I have to completely agree with MathGoddess. Well put!
Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

Default 3/13 update PTI still owes me $50

It's almost 9pm here in California. No refund so far. I will keep you posted. And yes, my original post on PTI entitled "PTI owes me $50 from 2/15 release" was replied to by Jenn that she had sent me a PM. In the PM she asked for my email address and then said "(And you do realize I don't process that, don't you? Your post was a bit pointed.)"
I was a bit taken aback.
It ended with me insisting that if she could not answer as to when the refund would be applied than I would like her to find out or put me in touch with someone that could answer my question. She then replied that I would have it before the release.
I will keep you posted.
Thanks
Ang
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 04:08 AM   #22  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm also waiting, although my amount is much smaller than yours. I have had 2 emails from Customer Service (one from Dave and one from Jen) which assured me the issues would be resolved, but no definite answers. And I sent my email, as required in the update, with the specific subject line. Of course, no answer yet which is totally ridiculous!!!

And no mention from Nicole as one of the owners about anything other than to push all the new release products. Good luck to any customer who places an order this month!

Deb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 04:50 AM   #23  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angela1View Post
It's almost 9pm here in California. No refund so far. I will keep you posted. And yes, my original post on PTI entitled "PTI owes me $50 from 2/15 release" was replied to by Jenn that she had sent me a PM. In the PM she asked for my email address and then said "(And you do realize I don't process that, don't you? Your post was a bit pointed.)"
I was a bit taken aback.

It ended with me insisting that if she could not answer as to when the refund would be applied than I would like her to find out or put me in touch with someone that could answer my question. She then replied that I would have it before the release.
I will keep you posted.
Thanks
Ang
Really?? Really?! I would say that that is the opposite of conciliatory and unbearably polite! She really said that? Wow.

Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 10:08 AM   #24  
Rubber Obsessor

I asked a question yesterday on the PTI forum about ordering labels and it has never shown up so it apparently was never approved by a moderator. Does anyone here know if you can order labels for the older sets? I had emailed CS several days ago and received a reply several days later about how to order them. I followed the instructions and that did not work.
I hope they get things straightened out as I have been a customer since the beginning and yes I have had some CS problems in the past with rude CS, but I thought it was just me being too sensitive.

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #25  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=mzza111;19271604]
Quote:
Quote:

Jenn will be unavailable for the next few days so the Design Team girls are popping in to try and help out answering questions.
I feel so sorry for the design team! Their job is to show beautiful, creative ways to use PTI's product. What kind of company throws its designers to the already angry, hungry wolves?

Someone (ie: someone who owns and/or manages PTI) should step forward and apologize, explain what has happened and what steps will be taken to correct the past problems and ensure there will no future problems.

But then, as people keep buying from PTI, they won't have a need to change their ways.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 03:00 PM   #26  
Hardware Hotshot

Here's the latest update from dawn on the website regarding the GCs:

{I've just been told that you don't need a new code. They have worked very hard behind the scenes to transfer each individual old code to the new site. You just use your existing number and you're good to go.

Hope that helps!"}

Anyone want to give this a try and report back here?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #27  
Hardware Hotshot

Oh, and BTW, the 2012 Anniversary set is now "unavailable". Yep, looks like the year supply of this stamp set is gone in less than a month?

Use those GC's now, folks, while PTI is still in business!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #28  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryroseView Post
Oh, and BTW, the 2012 Anniversary set is now "unavailable". Yep, looks like the year supply of this stamp set is gone in less than a month?

Use those GC's now, folks, while PTI is still in business!
**Red text highlighted by me!**

Really???

I would think that most people would be happy at this news with the GCs. I for one am. The thought of waiting for new numbers made me a bit nervous. So now they have it working so that people can use them for release night and are condemned for that.

They are out of Anniversary sets.........Yep! They are gorgeous. It has been mentioned several times that they will carry these for most of the year, so I'm betting that more are ordered just like other sets that are popular.

Before anyone thinks every one of my orders have been perfect and the grass is greener on my side of this computer........just know that I have several issues with last release, but the blatant attacks and amount of joy that others have taken with PTI, truly amazes me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #29  
Rubber Obsessor

Heart

This is great Stephanie!! Thanks for this!!

Lori
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #30  
Hardware Hotshot

Sorry to be snarky, but as someone who has been a) waiting to use her gift certificates for thirty days and b)waiting to receive her prize for three months, I'm just a little put off by the company's bad customer service. I truly do not know how a company with such a bad reputation in this department can stay in business for much longer. My hope was to use my gift certificates, get my anniversary set and use up all of my rewards points as soon as possible. But now, thanks to the anniversary set disappearing, I cannot even do that.

I do not wish PTI any ill will, as I think they've caused enough of that all on their own. I will, however, be taking my business to more trustworthy companies in the future.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #31  
Matboard Maniac

I can totally respect that, Mary........and I even understand it as I'm waiting on missing items from my release order.

I do hope you get to use all of those GCs and reward points on items you want from PTI and do get your prize package. I also hope you get to stamp your heart out with all of your new products from other companies, as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 09:13 PM   #32  
Kookie Creator

A friend ordered from a different company and didn't get the order or money back - until my friend emailed the company and said she was going to report them to the attorney general's office for fraud - she got a nasty email back but her refund was quickly taken care of.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2012, 08:57 PM   #33  
Compulsive Stamper

Red face can i redeem my gift certificate?

I purchased my first gift certifcate from PTI and have recv'd a confirmation of my order. Which i think is good so far?? Does anyone know how this works after you recv the confirmation?? Will i get a email gift certificate? I purchased this for a friends b-day and now i am wondering if i will even be able to use this GC after all the above problems. thanks for any help in advance. Just curious as to how this works or if i am out the money??
Stamping hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2012, 09:00 PM   #34  
Compulsive Stamper

p.s. they did say w/in 48 hrs but it's been over 3 days or more?? and of course this is a b-day gift for this sunday. :0( just frustrated w/ the lack of help from cutomer service... no repsonse or help on how this works. and of course now it appears that there are even bigger issues than my little GC.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2012, 05:29 AM   #35  
Crimping Master

Have you checked your account on the PTI website? When you log in under the Customer Service header it takes you to your account. There is a sub-heading that shows gift certificates. I haven't bought a gift certificate since the new site went live, so I can't check for you. But you should be able to see the gift certificates you have purchased under this sub-header.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #36  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by purplemonetgirlView Post
p.s. they did say w/in 48 hrs but it's been over 3 days or more?? and of course this is a b-day gift for this sunday. :0( just frustrated w/ the lack of help from cutomer service... no repsonse or help on how this works. and of course now it appears that there are even bigger issues than my little GC.
So, did they respond to you?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 08:32 PM   #37  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just read on Nichole Heady's blog that Jennifer stepped down from her position at PTI. Here is the link. This might be old news to some of you, it was posted on the 23rd.
Reply With Quote Likes