Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-13-2010, 10:01 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New PTI Site

So far I am hating the new website. WHen I want to look at buttons, I don't want to flip through 5 pages to see all the colors! Every thing looks nice, but only having those drop down menus to sort is driving me bonkers. I HATE stores like that.

Am I missing something? It seems like I can't shop smoothly. All I want to do is browse buttons. Not every embellishment in the store. I know that things are always gonna be wonky on the first day but good grief! Am I the only one turned off by this new set up?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2010, 10:12 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

are you going to the shop tab? if you hit the shop tab at the top of the home page, it will then bring up categories above the filter drop down boxes. Then you can just choose embellishments, then buttons. Is that what you mean?

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2010, 10:50 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

You can also use the Search function. Ex: I just typed in Vintage Cream and got 2 pages of cardstock, buttons, ink, etc. I was famliar with the old navigation, so i will take me a while to get used to this I think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 03:47 AM   #4  
Ted
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessmeshelleView Post
So far I am hating the new website.
It's been up fewer than 24 hours, yes?

Give it time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 03:55 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I love the new site. I hope that it does not go slow like it did yesterday though when everyone is ordering tonight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 03:58 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

At the upper left side of the store page, click on Shop. That will bring up a page of shopping categories. Click on Embellishments. That will bring up graphics for flowers, buttons, felt, etc. Click on Buttons, and you're there! Three clicks to get pages of nothing but buttons.

Since I've been a PTI customer for over 3 years, I could navigate the old store practically in my sleep, so this new store will take some adjustment. PTI does a fantastic job of listening to the customer, so I'm sure that any issues that arise with the new site that customers absolutely don't like will be addressed.

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 04:07 AM   #7  
Chat Box Chicks Princess

It wasn't working too hot last night, but this morning, everything seems to be working splendidly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 04:07 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

I think the site looks nice, definitely an improvement over the old one. New websites are always a pain for the business and the customers. I've been involved in many many website projects like this, they never go as smoothly as you hope, no matter how well-planned out it might be. There are just too many variables. If I was project manager, I would definitely not have rolled it out the day before a release though. I think that was a little risky. I also think some of the color choices should probably be tweaked as readibility is an issue, especially in the forums.

As a customer I'm probably going to wait at least a week or so before ordering. The whole registration thing is confusing to me (do we reregister or use our existing logins or what?). Seems to be some conflicting info, and I really don't have the time to try to sort through it all today. I'll wait until everything settles down. Looking forward to seeing all the new stuff come together though! It's going to be glitchy one way or another, but I really like the direction they are going with the new site!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 04:12 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierMamaView Post
I think the site looks nice, definitely an improvement over the old one. New websites are always a pain for the business and the customers. I've been involved in many many website projects like this, they never go as smoothly as you hope, no matter how well-planned out it might be. There are just too many variables. If I was project manager, I would definitely not have rolled it out the day before a release though. I think that was a little risky. I also think some of the color choices should probably be tweaked as readibility is an issue, especially in the forums.

As a customer I'm probably going to wait at least a week or so before ordering. The whole registration thing is confusing to me (do we reregister or use our existing logins or what?). Seems to be some conflicting info, and I really don't have the time to try to sort through it all today. I'll wait until everything settles down. Looking forward to seeing all the new stuff come together though! It's going to be glitchy one way or another, but I really like the direction they are going with the new site!
I think they were in a pretty much no-win situation with rolling out the new site. Roll out a new glitchy site just before release and upset customers or stay with the old crashy site for the new release and upset customers. Either way, folks are going to be upset, so might as well rip the bandaid off quickly, so to speak, and get it over with. I'm sure all of the finer points will be adjusted over the next while.

My Blog: Purple Place Designs
My Etsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 04:17 AM   #10  
Mad Swapper

I agree that it is a no-win situation, however it does often take up to 48 hours for a domain name to redirect to a new IP if that is the case with their plan. Right now I'm seeing a broken version of the old site and clearing my cache and refreshing isn't doing anything. So even if I wanted to shop now, I couldn't because I keep getting the old stuff and lots of error messages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 04:31 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sure all the glitches will work out. And I hope the color is tweaked -- it is so light that it is very hard to read.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 04:45 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

I love the site.

The only troubles I see with it so far are the color is too light to read, and in the Forums, it is hard to navigate and there is no "Show New Posts" button that shows all new posts across all subforums like there was before. I loved that old button as it was easy to not miss anything going on in other forums without having to click into each folder to see what was new.

So just the color and forum need tweaking and the Gallery isn't active yet (button doesnt work).

The other stuff is just a learning curve, getting used to where things are now after being used to it being in other places for so long.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 04:57 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Help, I am in the new site and am figuring out how to navigate around, BUT I can't get into the Forums. I know it is going to take awhile to learn where everything is and like it was said in a post above, I could do the old one in my sleep. I haven't been able to get into a release night for 4 months and I'm really not planning on it being better tonight since this is so new, but I really think things will get better, and knowing PTI, soon!! I did re-register and changed my password, I have my cart re-filled with the items I wanted, but I can't get the Forum to open. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 05:05 AM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by BethshayaView Post
I love the site.

The only troubles I see with it so far are the color is too light to read, and in the Forums, it is hard to navigate and there is no "Show New Posts" button that shows all new posts across all subforums like there was before. I loved that old button as it was easy to not miss anything going on in other forums without having to click into each folder to see what was new.

So just the color and forum need tweaking and the Gallery isn't active yet (button doesnt work).

The other stuff is just a learning curve, getting used to where things are now after being used to it being in other places for so long.

I totally agree......................I happen to like it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 05:17 AM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

I don't seem to mind the colors but the set up is too cumbersome, for want of a better word. I wish there were the main forums and then when you clicked in you would see the sub forums. To get to stamping talk I have to scroll past endless sub catergories.

Running With Lollipops my everything else blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 05:41 AM   #16  
Kookie Creator

OK, thanks Joan and Krista. All yesterday it felt like those categories would come and go. I was really getting irritated with it. I know it has been what, 24 hours now? Roughly? I want to love the new store. Knowing what my malfunction was really helps. Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 06:23 AM   #17  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, there's no paypal available for payment. Only credit cards. I hope THAT gets fixed tonight. Any other bugs I will cope with but no paypal, no order. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 06:23 AM   #18  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessmeshelleView Post
So far I am hating the new website. WHen I want to look at buttons, I don't want to flip through 5 pages to see all the colors! Every thing looks nice, but only having those drop down menus to sort is driving me bonkers. I HATE stores like that.

Am I missing something? It seems like I can't shop smoothly. All I want to do is browse buttons. Not every embellishment in the store. I know that things are always gonna be wonky on the first day but good grief! Am I the only one turned off by this new set up?

ITA! Don't even go looking for ribbon...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 06:26 AM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waldsb651View Post
Help, I am in the new site and am figuring out how to navigate around, BUT I can't get into the Forums. I know it is going to take awhile to learn where everything is and like it was said in a post above, I could do the old one in my sleep. I haven't been able to get into a release night for 4 months and I'm really not planning on it being better tonight since this is so new, but I really think things will get better, and knowing PTI, soon!! I did re-register and changed my password, I have my cart re-filled with the items I wanted, but I can't get the Forum to open. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the help.
Are you on the forums in the new site, or trying to get to the old forums?

The new forums you just click the Forums button on the top navigation bar. Then all the folders show below and you have to scroll down to see the Stamping Talk, which is the most popular folder.

Are you logged in? Did you click the "login" link at the very top of the page? If you are logged in, you should see a link at the top for "Account Management", if you are not logged in, that link wont show.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 06:29 AM   #20  
Mad Swapper

I still can't even see the new site? Was able to browse last night but now I'm just getting the old site. Can someone put up a link to the new forums?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 06:39 AM   #21  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I still can't even see the new site? Was able to browse last night but now I'm just getting the old site. Can someone put up a link to the new forums?
www.papertreyink.com/forum
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 06:41 AM   #22  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Does anyone know if the new site down again? All I get is "Page not found". I do see the "old" home page, but when I click on any of the buttons that's when I get the error. I know it was down last night but I thought from Nichole's post that it should be up this morning.

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 06:52 AM   #23  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Just in case anyone from PTI tech side is watching this thread or someone here knows how to contact them, I can't register/login securely. I have attached the error message.
Attached Thumbnails
New PTI Site-untrusted.jpg  

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 06:55 AM   #24  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Quote:

I have the same problem. I followed the link posted above to the forums:

http://www.papertreyink.com/forum

but then clicked on the Shop button.

ETA: oh, that original post with the link was a reply to your question. Sorry for the duplicate reply.

My Gallery

Last edited by purpleflowers; 05-14-2010 at 06:56 AM.. Reason: oops: well that was kind of redundant. Sorry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 06:59 AM   #25  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleflowersView Post
Just in case anyone from PTI tech side is watching this thread or someone here knows how to contact them, I can't register/login securely. I have attached the error message.
Should I have to log in just to READ the forum threads? I was trying to read the "ask the admin" thread in case there were answers to some of the issues I'm having and it tells me I have to log in to "post" a question. But I'm just trying to read, not post.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 07:19 AM   #26  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm undecided on the new site yet. I haven't really browsed through it enough.

But I did notice that free shipping went up to $60! When did that happen?!?!? Last time I checked it was still $55.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 07:21 AM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

I tried to register and my username that I always use and had on the old one is already taken! Who stole my name!

:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 07:22 AM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh nevermind, it's ME that already has it. I'm slow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 07:27 AM   #29  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KView Post
I tried to register and my username that I always use and had on the old one is already taken! Who stole my name!

:(
Erin - I did that too. The person who stole your name is....YOU. Don't register, just use your old username and password. I think you have to change it once you are logged in.

I had a quick browse around last night. Not sure what to think yet, need to give it time as it is all so new.

One thing though...I looked and looked but couldn't find a WISH LIST.
Is there one? I NEED a wish list!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 07:43 AM   #30  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoistracyView Post

But I did notice that free shipping went up to $60! When did that happen?!?!? Last time I checked it was still $55.
Several months ago! LOL. I guess I know how much PTI you've been ordering.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 08:46 AM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

There are some definite pluses, and hopefully the navigation will become easier as things get tweaked. I agree...went looking for ribbon yesterday...ACK! But I'm sure they will make changes here and there as time goes on, and hopefully things will be easier eventually.
But I agree...I think I'm going to wait to order until things calm down a bit. I have last month's release still begging for ink! (shame...)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 10:50 AM   #32  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Has anyone heard when they are going to get their security certificate fixed? I just tried to request a new password per the instructions and I'm still getting the invalid certificate message I posted earlier.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 11:51 AM   #33  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I quite like the website but don't see the tip sheets for the stamp sets nor the gallery for examples of how they are used. Those were two fabulous features now gone ....

stamper at ❤

Stamps and dies for sale here

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 11:53 AM   #34  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
Several months ago! LOL. I guess I know how much PTI you've been ordering.
Really?? I thought I checked last month and it was still $55. Weird. I must be losing it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 12:19 PM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cards by caraView Post
I quite like the website but don't see the tip sheets for the stamp sets nor the gallery for examples of how they are used. Those were two fabulous features now gone ....
the tip sheets are there on some sets - but not others. I am hoping this means they'll eventually be there for all of them! I don't see any links to the gallery for examples though:(

I am also missing the links on the page to the related products - like a link to the die from the stamp set page and vice versa.

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 12:35 PM   #36  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoistracyView Post

It has been $60.00 for awhile...maybe even months...it seems. I never order until I have the amount for the FREE shiping and it seems awhile now I have been totalling up to at least $60.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 01:07 PM   #37  
Stampin' Fool

I love the color scheme (blue could be just a hair darker to make the white lettering easier to read), it looks very professional and from a stand point of finding things I think it is pretty simple. The only thing I dont like on any website is clicking on a page and having the images be so small that I have to click again to get a good look at the stamp set. I have a tendency to pass things right on by if the largest image that I can make out does not interst me...but that is me...and that is with any website. I look forward to shopping with PTI...their products look very fresh and inviting!

Stamp S'More

Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 04:32 PM   #38  
Insane Embellisher

I think the new site looks really good.

My only issue is that every page I go to, a security screen comes up. I have to press 'yes' each time to view the page. Any way to get rid of this?

Thanks.

Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 04:52 PM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't know what the old one was like, but man, I hated ordering last night.

I'm hoping it's a learning curve.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 05:34 PM   #40  
Pearl-ExPert

You know what they say about change..... We all hate it! ;)

For me it's wait and see! So far, so good!
Reply With Quote Likes