Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-14-2012, 06:02 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Waltzingmouse info

Ok...I've been talking about Waltzingmouse for several weeks now on a few different threads. I've learned from you all that they are a fabulous company. I'm told they have HIGH QUALITY clear cling stamps.

So, what I need to know now...those of you who have ordered from them and live in the states. What was the cost of the "extra fee" that your credit card company assessed for shipping overseas? The Waltzingmouse site states that this is indeed a typical occurrence and that sometimes the credit company denies it. I will include a copy of the Waltzingmouse statement at the end of this thread, if you care to read it.

Right now I am just interested in personal experience stories. Did you incur a fee and how long did it take to receive your order? Thanks so much. Beverly

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Waltzingmouse Statement from their website.

A quick heads up about Credit Cards and indeed, Paypal

The store checkout system has been upgraded to accept credit cards and this has been largely successful, a lot of folks asked for it, but there is a little issue that I think folks need to be aware of, especially folks from outside N Ireland/UK where I am based.

You might know this already, but if you use a credit card to purchase goods from another country, it is almost certain that your credit card company will charge some sort of fee. They may call it a "currency exchange fee" or a "handling fee" or something of that nature.

It is my understanding that Paypal also do this, I believe that they extract it as part of the exchange rate.

It is something that I was aware of from personal experience, I buy a lot of stuff from the USA and my credit card company charges me for this too, it's always a little amount such as a couple of pounds/Dollars, BUT it can add up. This has only happened to me personally on credit card transactions, I have never been seen a fee of this kind when using paypal to pay for my goodies, but recently I discovered that paypal do indeed charge a fee, it is calculated into the transaction and is not billed as a separate fee.

My credit card folks are quite good in that they make it clear that it is a charge THEY levy and that it does not come from the store where I purchase my goods.

Other credit card companies may not be quite so upfront, they might suggest that it is something to do with the store you purchase from.

This is definitely not the case for WMS. When you process through checkout at our store, you pay only the amount that you see. We do not make extra charges for any reason.

If you see an extra charge on your credit card statement it is most likely from your credit card company, and they should be able to confirm this.

I must admit I was a little taken aback to see that the credit card companies don't seem to be making it clear to folks just what this charge is, or where it goes, but please know that it is not coming from Waltzingmouse Stamps.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2012, 06:16 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I payed through PayPal and the fee was nominal. Maybe 1% but I don't actually remember off the top of my head. The stamps are high quality- I just wish our American $ was stronger so that these wonderful foreign stamps were less expensive!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2012, 06:17 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh, I should also add that I had only ordered 2 sets from her, so my order total was around $50.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2012, 06:27 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoistracyView Post
I payed through PayPal and the fee was nominal. Maybe 1% but I don't actually remember off the top of my head. The stamps are high quality- I just wish our American $ was stronger so that these wonderful foreign stamps were less expensive!!
Thanks for the info. Yes, I agree with your comment about the value of the American dollar. :-(

Beverly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2012, 08:29 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think I paid around $3 a few months ago for an order that was about $70. I'm sorry that I cannot recall more precisely.

ps. you will love the stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2012, 08:32 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
I think I paid around $3 a few months ago for an order that was about $70. I'm sorry that I cannot recall more precisely.

ps. you will love the stamps!

Also, I see that she has no way to track her shipments. Apparently you had no problem receiving them. I'm a bit concerned about that. What if they don't show up and she says she mailed them and you never get them?

EDIT: I guess the reason she doesn't do tracking is to keep her shipping cost down. Still...... a concern.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2012, 09:14 AM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

I've ordered twice, 6-8 sets each time, and paid with Paypal. I don't remember getting a fee. I've got twice that many sets on my wishlist right now, and will be placing another order soon, probably after seeing what the next release has.

Shipping is quick, and it's really cool for us Yanks to get a package that has a Royal Mail sticker on it!

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

I have never ordered from her so this is just a general comment about international use of credit cards. The percent charged varies depending on the card you have. My card charges 3.5 % for evey international charge. Another thing to be aware of is that some credit card companies automatically deny the card for international charges because a lot of card fraud is international. The way to avoid that is to call your card company before you use the card and tell them that you are making a charge for X amount to Y company. I am glad they deny it because someone tried to use my card on two different occassions even with a new number in between the uses.

Last edited by kilroy; 02-14-2012 at 09:52 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

When I order I always order a few hundred dollars worth at a time. The fee has been so small that it is hardly noticeable. I love their stamps and their service.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2012, 12:07 PM   #10  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by kilroyView Post
I have never ordered from her so this is just a general comment about international use of credit cards. The percent charged varies depending on the card you have. My card charges 3.5 % for evey international charge. Another thing to be aware of is that some credit card companies automatically deny the card for international charges because a lot of card fraud is international. The way to avoid that is to call your card company before you use the card and tell them that you are making a charge for X amount to Y company. I am glad they deny it because someone tried to use my card on two different occassions even with a new number in between the uses.

Thanks for this info. That is good advice. I would probably pay through PayPal. My hubby gave me money for Valentine Day because he knows I've been wanting some stamps from them. It looks like I'm going to have to wait until at least one more gift giving holiday in order to have enough to purchase the three sets I would like to have. OR, I could use it to buy the two Martha Stewart punches I've been wanting. Either way.

Thanks for all the info!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #11  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Last year when I ordered a bunch of sets to go with Nesties, I was amazed that I received my order (I live in Central New York) in about a week. I don't remember how I paid and was not aware of any extra charges.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Vintage Lover

Received 364 Likes on 266 Posts

I've place a couple of orders with WM and remember a slight nominal fee..I got my stamps in a reasonable amount of time and was very pleased with the customer service. Actually last fall I ordered some stamps that go with nesties and one of the larger stamps in that set would not make a clean stamped image...I tried everything...I realized by touching it that it did not feel deeply etched as all the other stamps did. I contacted Clarie by email and explained the situation and she promptly sent me a replacement for that one stamp. She also included a little bonus of some 2 sided tape (like scor tape) with the package. One other thing..when I placed my order my Mastercard company did call me to make sure I was purchasing something from Ireland and that my number hadn't been stolen.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

I've ordered for almost every release at WMS, and to be honest I never even paid attention to an extra charge ~ it must have been very small as others have said!

And I never have had any trouble with shipping either. My packages get here in about a week, I'd say.

Once Royal Mail was delayed... because of the volcanic dust from the eruption in Iceland, remember that? Claire is a great communicator, so there were no concerns.

WMS has the highest standards of quality and service... I'm certain you will be happy with your purchase!! And there's a new release at the end of the month ~ can't wait!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #14  
Mad Swapper

Nancy, you just answered another question I had. When would a new release be coming out? So, I should wait until the end of February?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm pretty sure the release is Feb 29th.

I bought the oval set last year and before I could even try all the stamps got an email saying that it had come to her attention that one of the stamps had a defect and poof Claire mailed us a new set. So I never worry when purchasing from WMS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2012, 06:17 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Looks like Joan beat me to it!! Yes, I asked Claire on FB what the date was and I'm anxiously awaiting the 29th . It's a tough call RavioliGirl on whether to wait or not. How long is your wish list?

Yes, Joan, that's the incident I was trying to recall ~ she fixes things before you even know there's an issue and issues are rare, too.

If you're on Facebook, be sure to look up Waltzingmouse Stamps there!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 03:09 AM   #17  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post
I've ordered for almost every release at WMS, and to be honest I never even paid attention to an extra charge ~ it must have been very small as others have said!

And I never have had any trouble with shipping either. My packages get here in about a week, I'd say.

Once Royal Mail was delayed... because of the volcanic dust from the eruption in Iceland, remember that? Claire is a great communicator, so there were no concerns.

WMS has the highest standards of quality and service... I'm certain you will be happy with your purchase!! And there's a new release at the end of the month ~ can't wait!
YEAH...after reading this thread, I decided to order. I thought the "Irish Blessings" set would be absolutely perfect for St. Pat's Day cards. I can't wait to get it. It sounds like she gets her stamps in the mail quickly. so even though it's coming from such a distance, I should have time to make these cards. I'll post when it comes. I don't know about that additional charge. I used my PayPal and it didn't show any other fee for this transaction.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 06:25 AM   #18  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by BellegirlView Post
YEAH...after reading this thread, I decided to order. I thought the "Irish Blessings" set would be absolutely perfect for St. Pat's Day cards. I can't wait to get it. It sounds like she gets her stamps in the mail quickly. so even though it's coming from such a distance, I should have time to make these cards. I'll post when it comes. I don't know about that additional charge. I used my PayPal and it didn't show any other fee for this transaction.

Yes, Bellegirl, please post when you receive your shipment!

As to my wish list. LOL. I'm kinda like a little kid when they used to pour over the Sears catalog before Christmas. [Now you know how really old I am. LOL.] There are so many lovely things there at Waltzingmouse, aren't there? But, I am on a fixed income, so I have to be really selective. I began stamping over 20 years ago, so most of my supplies are really old and I've found my sentiments to be woefully outdated in style. Things have changed a great deal. I just returned to stamping after being away from it for 13 years.

I just discovered Nestabilities and have a few of those sets. Would like some Waltzingmouse stamps to match what I have. Also, love her "Say It Loud" set of sentiments. BUT, I am going to bite the bullet and wait for the new releases. I'm probably only going to be able to order once, so I'd hate to miss something glorious because I was overly anxious. Waiting is NOT one of my strong suits!

I thought about spending my Valentine money on Martha Stewart fern and branch punches. But, I can only find those online and now one poster on another thread said she would never order those online because they are often defective and have to be returned/exchanged. I don't want to go through that hassle. So, will wait for Waltzingmouse.

You have all been so wonderful with your information. It really helps a person to make a decision when you can chat with others who have had experience with a particular company. Thank you so very much.

Beverly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 06:33 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Beverly, I'm so excited for you placing your first order with WMS!!

I would say one of the hardest things about making cards with WMS stamps is that they become some of my favorites and then I don't want to give them away! Isn't that awful?? I need to go through my stash of St. Patrick's Day cards and share them this year ;) .

Let us know what you think of the new release as it becomes revealed later this month!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 09:02 AM   #20  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

You know, when I ordered mine were delivered in 2 weeks or less- which was pretty amazing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #21  
Mad Swapper

I just went to the Waltzingmouse site and one of the things I like about Claire's sheet stamps is that she doesn't waste the space in between her images. She includes little stamps there as well. It's like getting little bonus stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

You are so right, Beverly. She packs those sets with as many stamps as possible! Her stamp sets are a terrific value.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #23  
Matboard Maniac

I can also vouch for the quality of stamps, great customer service, good price, quick shipping, and all-around wonderful experience-ness of ordering from Waltzingmouse.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #24  
Rubber Obsessor

I have ordered from WMS many times. I use paypal. I have never incurred the "extra" fee. I usually do not order enough for free shipping but the shipping charge is usually between 4-6 USD. Her stamps are wonderful and great quality. Claire, herself is an amazing person and her customer service is top notch.
Edit to add: Shipping is between one to two weeks here in CA. One time (when the iceland volcano blew up) it took about 4 weeks but that was way beyond her control.

Last edited by DerbyLea; 02-15-2012 at 03:40 PM.. Reason: Forgot to answer one question
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 03:42 PM   #25  
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Beverly,

I have been ordering from Claire since she started her company. Her customer service is excellent. I usually get my order in about 10 days.

Want more sets? Claire always has ways to win a free set. There are weekly sketch challenges. And weekly Big Cheese awards from posting to her gallery. Participate in her monthly blog waltz (on the 17th) to be entered in the drawing for a free set. Make sure you check out her blog for all the details.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2012, 04:35 AM   #26  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Vintage Lover

Received 364 Likes on 266 Posts

Just another aside about Waltzing Mouse....I got a PM this morning from Claire..she had spotted my Cameo Couple card in the gallery and she wanted me to know she had posted it on her Facebook wall. I told her I felt honored! Pretty cool, huh?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2012, 08:50 AM   #27  
Mad Swapper

Congratulations! I posted on your card site. Gives a body a thrill when something unexpected happens with a card that you created.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #28  
Gabfest Goddess

I love Waltzingmouse Stamps. Great customer service and products and a wonderful owner. Claire has a heart of gold and is one of the most genuine, wonderful people I have met through stamping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #29  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavioliGirlView Post
Yes, Bellegirl, please post when you receive your shipment!
Beverly
Hello! YES, my Royal Mail arrived today!!! And, according to the Customs Declaration, it took just a mere 8 days for my package to travel from Northern Ireland to WI, USA.

My stamps look absolutely wonderful!!!! I can barely wait till the weekend to make my St. Patrick's Day cards with my new Irish stamp set, "Irish Blessings"..how totally awesome is that?

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #30  
Kookie Creator

Isn't it fun to get Royal Mail?!?! Enjoy your new stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #31  
Matboard Maniac

I will say I ordered, paid with paypal, had an item on backorder and STILL received my stamps faster than another very popular stamp company that is just one state away from me! I will definately be ordered more from Waltzing Mouse!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #32  
Mad Swapper

Exclamation

Girls, after all the discussion on this thread you will NEVER believe what happened. I just learned that I am one of the winners of my choice of one of the nine new sets Claire is releasing today at Waltzingmouse Stamps!!!! What are the odds of that?! I am flipping out. Can't wait to see all of the sets. I think that is at 3:15 Eastern Standard Time. Can you tell I'm excited???

Beverly
RavioliGirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #33  
Kookie Creator

Congrats, Beverly! What set will you choose?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #34  
Mad Swapper

I'm going to choose the Very Vintage Labels 25. Then I'll have to get the Nestabilities to match, but will have to wait for another "holiday" where I'll be receiving a gift. I may have to put out hints to my daughter for Mother's Day. This has sure been an exciting day for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #35  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat in OhioView Post
Beverly,

I have been ordering from Claire since she started her company. Her customer service is excellent. I usually get my order in about 10 days.

Want more sets? Claire always has ways to win a free set. There are weekly sketch challenges. And weekly Big Cheese awards from posting to her gallery. Participate in her monthly blog waltz (on the 17th) to be entered in the drawing for a free set. Make sure you check out her blog for all the details.
Pat,
I tried to leave comments on other peoples' blogs and I never know what to choose to be able to post. I don't have facebook, twitter or whatever. I don't have a blog or a "name url" whatever that is! How do you leave messages on these blogs? The only way I've been able to do it is if they have "anonymous" as a choice and that's how I got on Claire's. I get so overwhelmed with this stuff.
Beverly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #36  
Rubber Obsessor

Beverly, if you don't have an account you can use, you can always post a comment anonymously and include your name and email address right in the text of the comment. I get lots of those - that way you can still participate and we have a way to contact you if you're a winner.

Congratulations on winning a free set - I just know you will love it!!

Visit my blog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2012, 04:55 AM   #37  
Mad Swapper

Anya,
Thanks so much for your response to my question. It seems though that sometimes there isn't an option for "anonymous." Or am I just not seeing that option when I look?

Congratulations to YOU as a NEW DESIGNER for Waltzingmouse Stamps. Loved the samples you made with your backgrounds. Such luscious looking cards on all the blogs. It must be so exciting for you! Quite the week it has been for you, I'm sure.

Thanks again.
Beverly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2012, 06:15 AM   #38  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavioliGirlView Post
It seems though that sometimes there isn't an option for "anonymous." Or am I just not seeing that option when I look?
It's an option that a blog owner has to decide to allow so you're right, there is not always an "anonymous" option for commenting.

Congrats on the win

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2012, 06:42 AM   #39  
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelnorthView Post
It's an option that a blog owner has to decide to allow so you're right, there is not always an "anonymous" option for commenting.

Congrats on the win
Thanks, Joanne...for the info and everything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2012, 01:20 AM   #40  
Matboard Maniac

Thumbs up Congratulations Beverly

Congratulations on your win Beverly - what a perfect way to start your WMS collection!

I've been enjoying the sneak peeks and blog hopping to view all the samples for the latest release. I placed my order yesterday and am looking forward to receiving them. I do find myself using the nestie friendly sets the most as they're terrific for cards and scrapbooking layouts.
Reply With Quote Likes