Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-06-2017, 10:10 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mojo Monday Challenge ending after 10 years

Julee Tilman (Poetic Artistry blog and Verve STamps) is ending the Mojo Monday sketch challenge this week after 10 years and 500 sketches. Here is the message from the Mojo Monday Blog:

Monday, June 5, 2017
Mojo Monday 500 Contest and Farewell
My dear Mojo Monday friends,

It is with bittersweet emotion I type these words to announce that this week will be our final Mojo Monday challenge. I have loved bringing you these 500 weekly inspirational sketches over the last close to 10 years. It's been an incredible ride to see so many amazingly unique cards from the same sketch, to get to know you through your blog posts, to watch your grow as artists, and to see so many cards in publications inspired by these sketches. These things have made my heart swell with joy. Thank you so much for your participation and for letting me do what I've felt called to do... inspire. One of the things I love most about sketches is that they give the freedom to discover your own style and uniqueness without worrying about creating a balanced layout as well. They're the jumping off point for a new creative journey and I hope you have found joy in creating from them.

And while I have loved these challenges for so many big and small reasons, the landscape of my life has dramatically shifted over the course of these 9.75 years. As a full-time company owner and Mama to two curious, incredibly intelligent, and busy 5 year olds, I'm finding myself heartsick by the precious little moments that are slipping through my fingers while I spend time prepping for this challenge each week. Echoes of "WHEN will you be done, Mama?" haunt me and I find myself wanting to spend less time stamping, commenting and creating new sketches and more time with my boys. So here's to new adventures, to joyful creating, and to precious times. I'll still be blogging over at Poetic Artistry and running Verve, so come see me there!

Much love,
- Julee
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2017, 10:30 AM   #2  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

awww I love Julee! Challenges are hard work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2017, 12:21 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

What an achievement! 10 years of spreading the joy of crafting
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2017, 04:18 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Impressive accomplishment! I'm glad she's not closing down Verve, too, and I fully support her desire to spend more time with her boys - they grow up WAAAAY too fast!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2017, 07:58 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

You should be very proud of your accomplishments, and blessing us with so many inspiring sketches. I have copied many of them while I'm learning to create cards. We mothers completely understand your priority of your children. Many blessings to you and your family.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2017, 12:07 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

I often don't have time to do the sketch during the week the challenge is open, but I have so appreciated the huge number of sketches available to us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2017, 05:09 PM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

When I first started cardmaking and "discovered" SCS and blogs, Julee's Mojo Monday was a great resource & I learned ALOT from the sketches. I have a book of printed sketches and alot of Mojo Monday sketches are in there. So even though some of the sketches are from years ago, they still help me. It is such a great achievement to run a Challenge blog for 10 years - wow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2017, 07:38 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 63 Likes on 27 Posts

I will definitely miss the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge but am thankful for all that Julee has done for our stamping community and that she is taking the time to enjoy her family. As Lydia mentioned, challenge blogs are hard work and 10 years is an amazing accomplishment!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2017, 08:06 AM   #9  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

First off thank you SO much for all your work and care that benefits all of us! What an incredible accomplishment!

ugh I am having a junior senior moment-I cant find this sketch forum. I checked under mojo monday, the challenges....can I have a direct link I can save please?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2017, 08:32 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
First off thank you SO much for all your work and care that benefits all of us! What an incredible accomplishment!

ugh I am having a junior senior moment-I cant find this sketch forum. I checked under mojo monday, the challenges....can I have a direct link I can save please?
Mojo Monday is a blog
Mojo Monday - The Blog

Luckily, we got 2 weeks to work on this sketch! I have been working on my entry today. It is a really good one, too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2017, 03:11 PM   #11  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Thanks Heidi! That explains it! Cool! I will have all that resource to look at now!
Reply With Quote Likes