Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-29-2016, 07:43 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How do you organize your supplies so that you dont forget what you have?

I know this question is a first world problem and I am grateful for the supplies I have. I think I finally have enough basics (paper, ink, dies, etc) that all I buy now are the actual stamps and dies. I remember when I only had 20 or so stamp sets and now that number is much higher. I even may have reached saturation with this (though I said the same thing months ago and kept buying) I know two of my favorite companies have come out with new stamp sets in the last few weeks and I have no interest in any of them. I don't see anything I don't already have or anything new and unique.
I have things organized in terms of my stamps all being in boxes and plastic bags (the ones that Jennifer M recommends)by company. My dies are in a couple of different places. I bought the W R Memory keepers folders which I like but it doesn't seem like they are making those anymore. So I have some dies in those and some in the bags with magnetic sheets. I would love a more organized system though because I tend to forget what I have. I have to admit I have even ordered a couple of duplicates of both stamp sets and dies. I have my paper and ink all organized in good shape so I'm not worried about those. So, how do you keep track of in particular the stamps and dies you have? For instance if I want to make a birthday card frankly, I shouldn't need any more supplies but I end up having trouble finding things and find myself ordering more. Do you keep your stamp sets by occasion, company, or something else? What about your dies? Do you have a system where you can look up what you have by picture or some method other than just wading through the supplies? I'm sure this has been covered before but would love to know what people are doing now.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2016, 08:01 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 290 Likes on 114 Posts

Anyone who has any kind of a stash and/or organization method will, I'm confident, agree with this statement: This is a never-ending, always-evolving project.

Every time I think I've landed on a final method of storing/finding everything, I find the flaws in the system as I start creating. The best advice I can give (because we all think in our own unique ways) is to consider HOW you would look for something - by occasion? type of image? style (vintage, whimsical, whatever)? Organize things by those guidelines and you're more likely to remember what you have.

In my own space I have a very specific issue: I HATE looking at my supplies all the time (because they are in the guest room and because I get overwhelmed and stuck), but there's also that out-of-sight, out-of-mind thing that kicks in, too.

My latest workaround (still a work in progress, so I can't tell you if or how well it's working), is to include samples of the dies and embossing folders in the same index as the one I have for my stamps - flower dies, punches and embossing folders will have a sample in with the flower stamps, for example. I've even considered putting the folders and dies themselves in the little bins I use for the stamps so they're right there with them. I may still do that...

My index is trading card pages with all of the stamps stamped on 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" cards, or that size of a piece of embossed paper, or a diecut. If an image is too big (often happens with dies and definitely with folders), I can still see enough of it to know what it is and remember that I have it. If an image or sentiment can fit in several categories (bunnies and Easter for example) then I stamp a card for each category and put it in the appropriate place(s) in my binders (one for everything, one for seasonal/holiday). That way, no matter how I'm looking for it I'm likely to find it...

Others use Evernote. I started using it, got cranky about it (same reason I prefer actual catalogs to online catalogs) and stopped, but it may work very well for you.

Last edited by gregzgurl; 07-29-2016 at 08:06 AM.. Reason: complete an incomplete thought, lol...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2016, 08:45 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know.......maybe I don't have enough stuff!!!! I just know what I have! I have two small boxes from the $ store with my embossing folders and thinlit dies in them. I have my bigz dies in a drawer. There's only four!

My stamps are organized by category. I have about 150 sets. Sometimes I forget I have a random cheap $ pp set (from Michael's ), as they are just in a little pile.

I'm about 90% SU. Maybe that keeps me focused. I started a stamp binder years ago but never kept up with it.

Here's a picture of my thinlits and embossing folders.

Punches are in two drawers and also in a narrow country cupboard that has three shelves that is in the background.

I like a simple and cheap storage and organizing system! Most of my storage is repurposed items except this IKEA cart!
Attached Thumbnails
How do you organize your supplies so that you dont forget what you have?-image.jpg  

Last edited by Allistamps123; 07-29-2016 at 09:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2016, 09:08 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I, too, use pockets and bins to organize. I initially had everything organized by company, but found that it didn't work for me. I would overlook a lot of stamps because I forgot I had them, and I'd still need to quickly check through my stash to make sure I wasn't buying duplicates. Plus, it discouraged me from combining stamps, which can actually get a lot of extra mileage out of each product.

I reorganized the bins to be by theme. I have: birthday, sympathy, baby, love/anniversary, school, flowers, seasonal, sentiments, critters and characters/people. My Christmas/winter stamps have their own little bin too. Switching to themes worked so much better for me. I wasn't so stuck a particular company, and it made it a lot easier to see when I had any missing themes. I invested in a few baby stamps, for example, because I noticed I only had two baby stamp sets. Likewise, I stopped buying so many floral stamps because I had a huge collection that I didn't use enough.

I did the same thing for my dies. I use pockets with cardstock inserts that have a magnetic sheet adhered to it so the dies stay in place. My themes are: frames, nested shapes/stax, blueprints (from MFT, I have a few sets), objects (including flourishes, flowers and object shapes), words (by word, so all "happy" words on one sheet, all "thanks" on another) and seasonal.

Recently, I've been making an effort to really use my stamps and dies. And I have to say that this has been the best way to keep track of things for me. Once I've used a stamp (or die) a few times, I can tie it to specific projects in my mind and that makes it so much easier to remember I have it. And it has the added benefit of making me stop and wonder if I really need another kitty cat stamp when I know I've still got 5 of them sitting in my stash, waiting to be added to a card.

But I think it really comes down to what works best for you. I have a few crafty friends who function best with visual examples, so they stamp out their stamps into a stamp glossary -- this is fun, too, as it becomes a scrapbook/journal for stamps. Another friend uses an Excel sheet that has all the stamp names, companies and sentiments written in it. And a third friend just purges her crafty stash so that she always only has 20 stamps to work with -- this works with her very limited space.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2016, 10:10 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 290 Likes on 114 Posts

I wanted to chime in and agree that USING the stuff is THE BEST WAY to remember what you have! Things that I've used several times are locked in my memory, the less-used are a bit more sketch...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2016, 10:49 AM   #6  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I will tell what I do, but you have to do it the way you think. Plus:

*How much you want to spend on this varies with the person. (There can be cheaper work arounds.)
*How much time you want to spend on this varies with the person. If you set up something you wont maintain, it was a waste of time and money
*Whether you do a manual system, computer or cell phone is a matter of personal choice.
*Some people dont want to see anything, and some people need to see every thing, and some fall in the middle.
*Where something is may determine how it gets stored (space) and you decide that based on say can you lift heavy weight from below your waistline? How high up do you want to reach? Do you want to use a step stool everytime you want X? You know what you can physically do, and what things you use the most.

Have you been watching the organizational board here? So cool. I highly recommend it.

Having said that, I do it by theme across the boards.
I have stamp index books and excel files for dies, EFs, stencils, etc. As I buy 95% online, it makes it very easy for me to pull it up and know when I am shopping. Stamps I pull the manual index books. As rarely I buy in person, I dont need to set up Evernote. (aside from my cell hates me) Even if I dont get something new fully put away, it goes into its list immediately.

Tip: If you hyper cat them in an index, esp multi-taskers, you might duplicate a stamp if you dont remember which tiny niche cat you put it in. I have done that. Beware.

My dies are now in their 3rd storage generation as of this month. I lost a ton of $$. I learned my lesson...it wasnt a bad system-just bad for me. I really resist spending money now on org'ing. And not b/c I could buy more stamps, but just b/c who wants to waste money? As we change as people-what we like/dont will change.

wood stamps=boxes...cling/clear=binders... dies= pockets in boxes, Efs, stencils=boxes.... All by theme. I find boxes to be the most flexible. I see everything-well I see all the boxes. Doesnt bother me. What bothers me is a messy work surface if I am not using it at the time. We are all different.

I think it sounds great that you dont just jump up the second there is a new release. There will be thousands of new stamps every..single...year. (Like books. About 50,000 new titles come out a year) I am big user of a wishlist that ebbs and flows. I cant tell you how many times I have deleted stuff after a month, or a couple of months, while waiting on a good sale (and then I could still dump it at the last minute). It says you are coming into yourself about this-you know what works for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2016, 02:54 PM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

My stamps (mainly SU) are organized by theme, and stored in the cases on bookshelves. I have put some non SU stamps in cases/DVD cases and they are with the appropriate theme. I have two photo boxes holding cling stamps from a particular company and the other holds CTMH sets. The stuff I forget is the embellishments and ribbons, stored out of sight in lidded boxes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2016, 04:25 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

EVERNOTE - EVERNOTE - EVERNOTE ... hands down, without question, the best tool to organize supplies in my opinion.

Watch these videos to get an idea of how helpful this tool can be.

Linda Cullen - Rebecca Brown - Kathleen Driggers -
If you need help, just pm me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2016, 05:06 PM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi Candida,
Can I ask a quick question? I just downloaded EverNote and I'm wondering if all features are still current? I read in one article that you cannot search by multiple tags? Can you apply more than one tag to a note? I would so appreciate your help. Many thanks for any and all help,
Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2016, 05:11 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

For anyone who has Microsoft Office on their pc, it comes with a program called One Note, which is exactly the same as Evernote.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2016, 05:37 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Reaching for the Stars

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For the most part I am good at remembering what I have. My stamps are all stored in pockets and if I have coordinating dies, those are in the pocket with them. I store my stamps in bins by company and my dies are in one bin (almost time to get another!) and have them by company also. I love this method because I can flip through rather than pulling out storage boxes or trying to read titles with my head tilted. I also pin my stamps and dies on Pinterest. Sometimes it's easier to find them there or if I'm on the go and don't remember if I have something, I can pull it up quickly so I don't purchase duplicates!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My
Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2016, 06:01 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 654 Likes on 412 Posts

I play with my tools so, I remember them but (maybe not its set name but, the gist of the words or images), the thing that gets me sometimes is the little odd ball things, like once in a while I will pick up themed lumpy embellishments.

those things are in clear flat divider-less tackleboxes from cabela's and sorted by color. because, I may not "know" I have some cute lady bug thing but, I do know the project could use a pop of RED kwim?

I also keep wish lists at favorite stores and dump odd ball things onto a pinterest board. and I have started an evernote account. ( this will be a long term project I have been collecting for a long time)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2016, 08:37 AM   #13  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazsilverwolfView Post
For anyone who has Microsoft Office on their pc, it comes with a program called One Note, which is exactly the same as Evernote.
Hi Stacy,
Can you use searchable tags on OneNote? I'm trying to determine which is best for my purpose. What do you think?
Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2016, 09:49 AM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnView Post
I play with my tools so, I remember them but (maybe not its set name but, the gist of the words or images), the thing that gets me sometimes is the little odd ball things, like once in a while I will pick up themed lumpy embellishments.

those things are in clear flat divider-less tackleboxes from cabela's and sorted by color. because, I may not "know" I have some cute lady bug thing but, I do know the project could use a pop of RED kwim?

I also keep wish lists at favorite stores and dump odd ball things onto a pinterest board. and I have started an evernote account. ( this will be a long term project I have been collecting for a long time)
I keep almost going the color sorted route, but don't always think of one color - it might be several. Or I might think "dots" first. Or shape before color. Or paper cut-out. Or or or. : ) I often flip through until something grabs me.

So for now embellishments are in stamp pockets with colors mixed together. Ex: enamel dots live in three pockets: black/white, other neutrals and "real" colors.

The only non-pocketed embellishments are huge alphas and sequins/brads/other teenies. Those are in a 28-compartment clear box, with each compartment secure, so are very easy to see/select.

I don't adore the pocketed system but haven't found a better one - yet - for quickly scanning to remember/know what I have - and what strikes me.

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2016, 10:27 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryFran2323View Post
Hi Candida,
Can I ask a quick question? I just downloaded EverNote and I'm wondering if all features are still current? I read in one article that you cannot search by multiple tags? Can you apply more than one tag to a note? I would so appreciate your help. Many thanks for any and all help,
Mary
I'm not who you were asking, but I believe you can only search for one tag at a time. But your notes can each have as many tags as you want.

And within Evernote you can view the notes singly, you can view a whole notebook or you can view by a tag. So there are many ways to look at your notes. I didn't even cover searching, so there are tons of ways.

Ok, I just tried a search for baby, elephant and it pulled up all the notes that has either one of those words in it.
My Stampin' Up! site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2016, 02:42 PM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

Received 76 Likes on 24 Posts

One thing I do to keep track of my SU sets is to make a xerox copy of the front of the stamp set when I buy it and these copies go in a note book with tabs for "flowers", "trees", "Christmas", "Halloween" etc. So when I want something I just go to the notebook, find the applicable section, and flip thru till I find what I want. My older wooden sets are in boxes and on the xerox copy of those sets, I note the box number that set is in. The new clear and unmounted rubber stamp sets are in a dvd shelving unit from Ikea in alpha order so on their xerox copy, I just put DVD so I know they are on the shelving. I put a sticky note in any stamp set that has a punch or dies so I know what the name of the die set is. The dies are stored in a refrigerator plastic bin and I also put a note on each die set, listing the stamp set or sets that go with it. I use to keep the dies rubber banded to the stamp set, but so many die sets have dies that don't relate to the stamp set or go with more than one set that I find it easier to keep them separately.

SU paper is in hanging files in alpa order with a file folder in each hanging file for the scraps of that color.

Saundra
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2016, 06:43 AM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

My system is ever evolving, and I admit that I'm a bit OCD and I like to organize, but I'll add my 2 cents...

I now keep almost all of my stamps and dies in pockets (very much like Jennifer M, but in baskets instead of fridge bins). However, instead of organizing the stamps and dies, I just number each sleeve, and keep them in numerical order. I have an index system like Sue, in baseball card sleeves, with binders for different themes. If something falls into more than one category, I put it in more than one category. On the back of each card, I put the sleeve number (along with other information about the stamp or die). Instead of sifting through all of my product, I flip through my binders.

And recently, I started putting tiny color-coded stickers on the front of my cards, so I can find particular manufacturers at a glance (which helps when I'm trying to find something to use for a challenge). I've posted some pix and videos on my blog.

Oh, and if I have something that is bigger than a baseball card, I will just use a full sheet of paper in a regular page protector... but I think Sue's suggestion of just putting a small "sample" might be a better idea. Thank you!

(Sorry... just sort of jumping back into the water after a long absence from ScS.) "Hi... my name is Kitty, and I'm addicted to card-making."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2016, 07:15 AM   #18  
Gallery Gazer

Hi Kitty! (My name is Beth, and ... etc.)

Quick question - and I'll watch your video later, but am curious now. (Can't turn audio on b/c of where I am.)

Since baseball pockets are 2.5 x 3.5", and some stamp sets are large, how do you fit the images on such a small piece of cardstock? I was thinking shrinking, but some sets have stamps that are tiny, so shrinking would bring them down to the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Do you break up sets?

And how do you handle getting an image of stamps that aren't easy to see - maybe there isn't a register or other reason. Ink them?

Thanks!
Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2016, 07:42 AM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
Hi Kitty! (My name is Beth, and ... etc.)

Quick question - and I'll watch your video later, but am curious now. (Can't turn audio on b/c of where I am.)

Since baseball pockets are 2.5 x 3.5", and some stamp sets are large, how do you fit the images on such a small piece of cardstock? I was thinking shrinking, but some sets have stamps that are tiny, so shrinking would bring them down to the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Do you break up sets?

And how do you handle getting an image of stamps that aren't easy to see - maybe there isn't a register or other reason. Ink them?

Thanks!
Beth
Hi Beth!

When I get a new stamp set, I stamp each individual stamp onto a 2.5 x 3.5 piece of white cardstock. I don't worry about getting everything from one set on a card - in fact, I want to break them up so that I can put "cats in my cat category", and "sentiments in my sentiment category", etc. If a single stamped image is too large for a baseball card, I will just use a full sheet of paper, and put it in a regular sheet protector under the correct category, though I'm trying to avoid that. (I'm going to follow Sue's idea, and see if I can get "enough" of the image on a baseball card to identify it).

And just to clarify: I break up the little cardstock cards in the index - I don't break up the actual stamp set. I like to keep the sets together, because... well, they tend to go together, LOL. Because the actual stamps are organized in numerical order, finding a particular stamp is super quick.

All of the information about the stamp, including the sleeve number it's stored in, is just scribbled in pencil on the back of the card. It takes a little while to write it all out, but it's worth it to me in the end. If/when I have a reason to move a set, it's really not hard to change the number, but leave the cards where they are in the index. Or, if a category gets too large, I can split it up. (For example, if I end up with too many bug images, I could separate them by butterflies, ladybugs, etc. This is the other reason for stamping only one "image" on a card - makes it easy to reorganize them as needed.)

I know some people use scanned images, or images from the packaging, but I like to see how they really look stamped, and get an accurate idea of the size. I will sit down and flip through my binders, looking for ideas and planning a card. I also have "ink swatches" and "paper swatches". I can plan out an entire card, matching things up, just using my reference materials, before I ever pick up a tool or supply. This also helps if I want to blog about a card, and list all of the products I used.

I hope that helped. My system is actually still evolving - I keep "refining" things - but the index and numbered system is working really well for me.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2016, 03:03 AM   #20  
Gallery Gazer

Makes sense - thank you! I can see doing your and Sue's baseball card pocket/binder system for the oddball or minor stamps in my sets, and not the entire set.

For example, a floral set may have a couple of tiny circles and a small sentiment that would not come to mind when I think of that set. I know my sets fairly well, and they're in Avery Elle pockets and categorized, except for large background stamps. Easy to flip through too.

But sets sometimes contain "minor" stamps. It's those I spend time looking for when needing a dot, a sentiment, a tiny star or leaf, etc. And as I look through them, I pull possibilities, so can end up with lots of stamp sets strewn on the desk while I decide which little minor stamp to use.

I rarely use stamps from just one set. Even when making a couple of small, pop-up gift card holders recently, small stamps were used from several sets.

This may do the trick - thanks.

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2016, 04:13 AM   #21  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 105 Likes on 66 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazsilverwolfView Post
It's really not the exact same. One Note does not play well with all platforms. Evernote can be used on any device and they all work well together. One Note is a Microsoft product which means they only focus on devices that are Microsoft dependent. All other devices have substandard versions if any. Evernote is programmed by a company that does not have a bias to any particular company's devices. I have both and I can do a whole lot more with Evernote than I can with One Note.

My Gallery| My My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2016, 08:06 AM   #22  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

You're supposed to remember what you have, and not buy duplicates? who knew! not me that's for sure:rolleyes:

There was a infamous vintage kit that was sold on a UK shopping channel, it was horrible....so horrible I bought it twice!

I try but I left it too late, I spent a frenzied few (or 10) years buying everything in sight like a magpie (oh pretty, shiny, must have) and to start cataloging now would be a mountainous task, and I get so little time to craft as it is. So on occasion I find I have two of the same thing, and my SIL benefits!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2016, 08:57 AM   #23  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 186 Likes on 88 Posts

I buy almost exclusively from Stampin Up. When I first became a customer, I highlighted everything I bought in the catalog. When a new one came out, I cross referenced, and highlighted in the new catalog what I already had. Then, each time I ordered, I highlighted.
There have been some glitches - I think from holiday catalogs that items carried over and I didn't realize. My sister is my benefactor of duplicates. ��
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2016, 04:06 PM   #24  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by jukieView Post
You're supposed to remember what you have, and not buy duplicates? who knew! not me that's for sure:rolleyes:

There was a infamous vintage kit that was sold on a UK shopping channel, it was horrible....so horrible I bought it twice!

I try but I left it too late, I spent a frenzied few (or 10) years buying everything in sight like a magpie (oh pretty, shiny, must have) and to start cataloging now would be a mountainous task, and I get so little time to craft as it is. So on occasion I find I have two of the same thing, and my SIL benefits!
Haha! I managed to do the buy-it-twice thing within my first couple months of stamping! And I still buy things and when they arrive wonder what I wanted it for. (It's generally because of an inspiration from something I've seen, but I forget to save it.)

You remind me of the Stampers Rules of Aquisition from Coxes.com:
"If everyone else wants it, then you must want it too -- even if you don't know what it is."

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2016, 05:49 PM   #25  
Forum Fanatic

Received 71 Likes on 17 Posts

For me it's about how I think of an item so I organize by categories and colors.

Embellishments (buttons, brads, etc) are in divider boxes stored mainly by color but I also have birds and insects. The next level of storage is for larger items that are stored by type in baskets (wire, clay tiles, tags, vintage, Holtz, etc. and a misc. of things that don't fit any other category.

Ribbon by color wrapped on mat board stored in drawers.

Bead like items by color in small jars stored in baskets.

Embossing folders and stencils in boxes by category

Thin dies on mag sheets in binder boxes by category; Large dies in the SU boxes that have dividers.

Stamps all unmounted on laminated sheets in binder boxes by category. If I have a die set that can ONLY be used with the stamps, I store with the stamps. If the dies can be used without the stamps, I note on the mag sheet "stamp set" so I can remember to look for the dies.

I have index binders of stamped images that match the boxes and binders with samples of all my dies and punches.

I'm the kind of person that if it's out of sight I won't use it so I have all my frequently used tools on my desk. Tools that are only used for a specific item are stored with the item.

Paper - 12x12 in display dynamic trays by color (solid and prints). 8 1/2 by 11 in sleeves by color and the sleeves are in magazine holders. Scraps by color in jetmax drawers.

I have several Iris drawers that store things like special papers used for mixed media/collage. All holiday items are stored together. I have Iris 12x12 boxes for Fall, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Easter, Valentines Day, Spring, Summer (pool, BBQ, beach). These boxes have the paper, dies, stamps, embellishments that I would only use for those holidays. The exception is Christmas - way too many stamps but they are stored together by categories.

I rarely buy a duplicate item because like others have said, once I use it I remember that I have it. I made the indexes because at some point I'll start to forget so I have my backup. I've been using this system for several years and it works for me. Also, I rarely have to search for something so long as I put it back where it belongs.

You'll find something that works for you and you'll make adjustments as your find new ways and change your preferences. Oh...another thing, I tend to have spent a bit of $$ on storage because I want it to look nice but be functional. I love the gorgeous rooms where everything is out of sight but it isn't functional for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2016, 11:06 AM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you, Brenda, for answering Mary's question. I have already PM her but thought I would add more to want Brenda wrote.

Besides the tags that you can use for searching, Evernote can also recognize and find words from pictures pasted in the note, like the sentiments in a stamp set, even if you haven't typed them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2016, 01:07 PM   #27  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Evernote is ok but there is a similar but more flexible option called My Stuff Pro. It's a true data base program for IOS devices so iPhone and iPad. Once you type a tag you can store it which makes for faster data entry. You can store data under multiple fields and search by them. It's amazing! I highly recommend it. I have a very small space ao I don't have room to place all my stamps in one place. They are tucked in here and there based on the storage they came with and the furniture I have. So everything I have is entered in this program so I can find it again. If anyone wants more info just let me know.
Www.Boxofchocolatescrafts.Com
YouNeverKnowWhatI’mGoingtoMake

Reply With Quote Likes