Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts
Question Card Gallery Details

I'm wondering if anyone feels the same way I do: I see a card in the gallery and click on it to leave a comment. However, when I see the poster has not taken the time to give the details and refers you to her blog, then I don't feel like leaving a comment. I think it's fine to link your blog in the description, as long as you give the details below.

I saw something in someone's signature line here that I totally agree with, with words to the effect of "If you don't have time to give details, I don't have time to click through."

Any thoughts???:confused:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2010, 01:06 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gosh you know i never thought about it that way, if i see a card i like i'm usually all over the blog!!! i don't even wait to look at details! lol, I will certainly be sure to add all deets from now on for folks who like to know these things, I usually add some deets but sometimes I forget to add the cardstock deets! you're just right to point it out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2010, 01:10 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

here is the most current thread regarding this subject. has been discused many times along with the subject of favoriting cards but not leaving comments also.

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

here is the thread on favoriting with no comments

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

There are many more but I am to lazy to keep on searching!

Last edited by lesliespringer; 04-03-2010 at 01:13 PM.. Reason: additional info
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2010, 01:17 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Personally, I don't really care!!! If I really like a card, I'll comment/favorite it with or without the recipe. Not having any supplies listed just never bothered me - I guess it's just personal preference!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2010, 01:38 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree with joyfullyhis above....if I like the card I'll leave a comment - I don't mind clicking on someones blog because I have been pleasantly surprised to find some awesome blogs that I wouldn't have had the opportunity to see......just my opinion....

My Gallery http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=25291

I would be delighted if you checked out my blog: http://www.justforfun.typepad.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2010, 05:55 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to AmberDawn

Ditto to the above ladies, while it may be nice to know what exact supplies they used, it's not a good enough reason for me not to comment on a card if I like it and the person has seen fit to share their creation with the world! I can usually tell what products they used just by seeing it, most of the time. As far as blog links, I love it! If I loved that one card I saw in the gallery, chances are I'm going to love there blog, it's a great way to find new friends!
I design for Verve Stamps and Reverse Confetti!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2010, 06:01 PM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

I know it bothers some people, but it doesn't bother me. I rarely even read the details. I might if I want to know who makes the stamp or the patterned paper paper. I do try to include the details because I know lots of people like to have them, but it's not important to me personally.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2010, 06:04 PM   #8  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

When I first sign up for SCS, I received and e-mail that stated that you should fill in the deets instead of pointing everyone to go to your blog. Maybe the guidelines have changed since than. I wish people would fill in the deets because I don't always have of time to go to everyone's blog to find out how they made it, imho.

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2010, 06:45 PM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

Red face

I'm new to SCS, and I'm loving every minute of it, well I should say every hour, mostly I spend time in the gallery, I have'nt noticed if there is a recipe or not, if I like the card it does not bother me if there are details or not. I'll have to try harder to remember all the supplys that I've used, so I can list them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2010, 09:47 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 69 Likes on 65 Posts

While I would love for people to visit my blog, I've always felt that it wasn't fair to leave out the details in order to force them to go look. I always try very hard to include the deets. I figure those that want to know, can read and those who don't, can look at the pictures.

While I'd like to see some folks add at least the basic deets, like what they used, it usually doesn't stop me from commenting.
Facebook|Pinterest|Instagram
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni,
Featured StamperHostess & Inspiration Challenge Hostess

I design for: Rubbernecker Stamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #11  
Stamping is a Hoot!

I normally always leave the details for my cards on my post here on SCS as well as the link to my blog.

Posting a card to the gallery is about sharing, just because someone doesn't include the details to their card they posted, they have still shared their idea with you.

If you need more info you can always pm the person who made the card. Even when I have posted all the details in the past I have still had people email or pm me asking, which can be just as annoying when you post the details and people don't take the time to read first.

I Design for Elizabeth Craft Designs and Karen Burniston
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #12  
Stampin' Fool

I feel the same way you do....sometimes it takes a while on the blog to find the details especially if the card has been there for a few months... If I search by stamp set and find a card that's been there a while it takes longer to find it on a blog.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2010, 02:35 AM   #13  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

I am not likely to visit a blog for details unless there is something I really, really want to find out about. And if it's not a permalink to the post that contains the card, forget it. Several times I've found older cards I liked in the gallery, clicked on the link, and found I was on the current day's post. Sure, I could look at the date the card was uploaded here and find the relevant post, but that's more time than I want to take, mostly.
I like it when people put the details here - either in the main write-up box or in the fields. But I won't not leave a comment just because there are no details - if I liked it enough to click on the thumb, that means I liked the card, so why not say so.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2010, 07:26 AM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

I try to leave the details most of the time but honestly I don't always have the time...sometimes I just upload it and cut and paste the blog entry I wrote the details in...it just saves time. I don't mean to upset anyone with doing that, and I'm not just trying to direct traffic to mybog, its just with life sometimes thats the only way I can get stuff uploaded.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2010, 07:54 AM   #15  

Received 69 Likes on 65 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
I am not likely to visit a blog for details unless there is something I really, really want to find out about. And if it's not a permalink to the post that contains the card, forget it. Several times I've found older cards I liked in the gallery, clicked on the link, and found I was on the current day's post. Sure, I could look at the date the card was uploaded here and find the relevant post, but that's more time than I want to take, mostly.
I.
That's been mentioned, as well. I'm finding a lot more are giving permalinks to the correct post. I've actually gone thru all of my old posts here and corrected them. Unless one slipped by, all of my links go to that post.
Facebook|Pinterest|Instagram
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni,
Featured StamperHostess & Inspiration Challenge Hostess

I design for: Rubbernecker Stamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2010, 07:56 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Personally I will NEVER click on a blog link from the Gallery.
I did that last fall and got a very NASTY VIRUS on my computer from clicking a blog link to get the details.
NEVER AGAIN. I am not the only one this happened to either. There are several other SCSers that had the same in the last few months happen.

If there are no details I will not leave a comment. if they cannot take a minute or two to copy and paste the info then I do not have time leave a comment.

The ones that really irk my is when they leave no info at all and then start threads asking and complaining as to why no one leaves comments on their cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2010, 09:45 AM   #17  
Glitter Guru

Received 343 Likes on 226 Posts

I think everyone should put what details they have about the card/cards they have posted in the gallery. I find sometimes when you visit the blog there is not more info than in the Gallery???

Live, Love, Laugh, CRAFT
Featured stamper 804

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2010, 10:03 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

[quote=meluvstampin;16439549]Personally I will NEVER click on a blog link from the Gallery.
I did that last fall and got a very NASTY VIRUS on my computer from clicking a blog link to get the details.

Oh I got nailed with a beauty too. It took over a week and way too many $$$ for me to chance clicking on someone's blog link in the gallery again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #19  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Me too Julie - I try to link to the actual post in my blog. I used to give very detailed recipes and write-ups on SCS, but as I've been posting to many other forums as well (PCP, SNR, TGF gallery, etc...) I have found that I just don't have the time to provide detailed information in every one of them. I would just get burned out trying. So, I put the details on my blog and provide the link. I try to put what I can on the SCS post, but I think there are a lot of other people out there that also post to many places.

I actually am one of the people that will always go to a persons blog if I like a card I see here! I find that on a blog I really get to know the person and I can also see their other creations as well as find links to stores/images/stamps they use.

Quote:

Originally Posted by justwritedesignsView Post
That's been mentioned, as well. I'm finding a lot more are giving permalinks to the correct post. I've actually gone thru all of my old posts here and corrected them. Unless one slipped by, all of my links go to that post.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2010, 11:51 AM   #20  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by justwritedesignsView Post
While I would love for people to visit my blog, I've always felt that it wasn't fair to leave out the details in order to force them to go look. I always try very hard to include the deets. I figure those that want to know, can read and those who don't, can look at the pictures.

While I'd like to see some folks add at least the basic deets, like what they used, it usually doesn't stop me from commenting.
I couldn't have stated my own thoughts any better myself!
And yes .. I always link directly to the item. I love it when that's what I find in others' links as well. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2010, 03:47 PM   #21  
Insane Embellisher

I generally don't go to the blogs. If the rules state to fill in the deets, then fill them in. If you have the time to manage a blog, you have the time to fill in the deets. JMO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2010, 03:51 PM   #22  
Gabfest Goddess

I believe that SCS mods have posted in the past that it is not a requirement or rule to fill in the details.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2010, 03:52 PM   #23  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by gram2boyzView Post
I generally don't go to the blogs. If the rules state to fill in the deets, then fill them in. If you have the time to manage a blog, you have the time to fill in the deets. JMO
I wasn't aware there were "rules." I think its better to share that not share, even if I don't always have time to write up the details.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2010, 04:00 PM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 403 Likes on 351 Posts

I will leave a comment if I don't see the deets, but I would rather they would be included. Sometimes I say, "How did they do that?" and those deets help me to see how. Also, some comments made on my cards, I can see that the person did not read the deets since they make erroneous statements...but I guess I should be happy they took the time to comment at all. I would not think of "favorite-ing" a card without leaving even a short comment. That's just me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2010, 05:06 PM   #25  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by gram2boyzView Post
There isn't a "rule" that states that you must fill in the details. It requested, but not a rule.

Either way it isn't that big of a deal to me, if I have a question I will PM the person or ask in a comment. There have actually been many times that I have discovered a great new blog by someone who just had a link to their blog. Honestly if you don't like that the card doesn't have the deets, move on to the next card, there are so many great cards in the gallery and you are bound to come across something similiar in style or the same products or techniques

Wishlist
Reply With Quote Likes