Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-12-2009, 08:39 PM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Back to stamping...

Isn't it funny how wonderful it is to go on vacation or to have spring break with the family, yet it always feels so good to get back to your regular routine.

It took me a whole week just to unpack a couple of suitcases from our spring break trip and I am soooo glad to get back to stamping.

I love to travel but I love to be home stamping just as much!

How about you?

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 08:43 PM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You didn't take your stamping stuff? :shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 08:45 PM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

LOL! No, I didn't.

I have to say, I had a few symptoms of withdrawl too. Shaky, headache, stomache upset, nervousness... It was a bit disturibng. Not enough to quit, just enough to remember to pack and extra bag next time.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 08:48 PM   #4  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took my two kids (3 yo girl, 3 month old boy) to my parents' house for the weekend. We had a great time, but I missed my routine! Especially with a little baby, I need my routine and my baby "stuff", glider chair, boppy, and whatnot.

Oh yeah, and I missed my husband. whoops, forgot about that detail. lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 09:17 PM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by krystie leeView Post
I took my two kids (3 yo girl, 3 month old boy) to my parents' house for the weekend. We had a great time, but I missed my routine! Especially with a little baby, I need my routine and my baby "stuff", glider chair, boppy, and whatnot.

Oh yeah, and I missed my husband. whoops, forgot about that detail. lol!
Aw, I loved our boppy! I miss those days.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 09:22 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to have you back home, Gina!

Stamping and getting into a routine after being gone? I thought it would be SO much easier to stamp when I started working from home, and I'm still finding it hard to make time to be creative. I have so many pretty things to play with and need to MAKE time!

Krystie, I loved my boppy, but have you seen those foam chair thingees? Those seem so cool!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 09:30 PM   #7  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbalcerView Post
Glad to have you back home, Gina!

Stamping and getting into a routine after being gone? I thought it would be SO much easier to stamp when I started working from home, and I'm still finding it hard to make time to be creative. I have so many pretty things to play with and need to MAKE time!

Krystie, I loved my boppy, but have you seen those foam chair thingees? Those seem so cool!
Apparently I had my kids in the stone age. What in the heck is a boppy?

And Gina.... I ALWAYS pack an extra bag.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 09:41 PM   #8  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne SView Post

LOL! I had a Boppy! It is a cushion shaped like a generous "C", actually closer to "O" with a break. It was great for feeding the tiny ones, wrapped around the waist was great to help support arms and baby. Later, it was also helpful as a support for new sitters (the baby, not the baby sitter!).

As to back to stamping . . . our spring break I did not take any supplies with me, and only added a few new ones the day we returned from Portland (but I had received new stamps the day we left). That weekend before I went back to work I must have made ten cards! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 09:43 PM   #9  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

It's a U shaped pillow. You put it around your waist and it's great for nursing. When the babies are starting to sit up, you can sit them in it for support.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 09:47 PM   #10  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by krystie leeView Post
It's a U shaped pillow. You put it around your waist and it's great for nursing. When the babies are starting to sit up, you can sit them in it for support.
I taking it there is no bopping involved... ;)

I know what you are talking about now. They have so many new baby things now I get lost.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 10:03 PM   #11  
Watercolor Wizard

All my family is in the south so when I go home for 2 or 3 weeks I do not take anything but clothes , there are so many people to see and the town in Va is a small country town with front porches that people actually use , and our porch is packed every night until well after 1 am so by the time I leave Va and get back home I am ready to rest . And it takes me another week to get my creative juices flowing again
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 03:44 AM   #12  
Crimping Master

When I go to Indiana to visit my sister and other family, my car is packed with ONE suitcase of clothes. The rest of the cargo area and backseat are FILLED with craft stuff! No crafting withdrawals for me. We always co-host an SU workshop while I'm there as well. This year, our stamp club (yes, we do have a long distance stamp club of sorts) will be taking a day trip to Archivers for our meeting. CAN'T WAIT!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 04:28 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jeanne I'm so glad you asked, I must have missed the age of the 'boppy' too! Maybe it followed the stone age, I believe that is when I had my kids too.

As far as working from home Jenn, what it does is it gives you more time to THINK about all that wonderful stamping stuff quite nearby, whereas when you're at an office, you know the stuff isn't just five or ten feet away.

I miss my stamping when I'm away from home too. We usually wind up taking long car trips, so I almost always have a sock going, then at least I'm doing something productive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 05:17 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by peggysueView Post
As far as working from home Jenn, what it does is it gives you more time to THINK about all that wonderful stamping stuff quite nearby, whereas when you're at an office, you know the stuff isn't just five or ten feet away.
Is that what it's supposed to do? I guess sometimes, yes, but most of the time, I turn around from where I tend to perch with my laptop and think, "MAN! I have a lotta stuff that's not getting used!" And then I'll start purging or sorting and reorganizing. . . I think I have some issues. I've spent more time on reorganizing than on playing with my stamps and stuff!

Quote:

Originally Posted by peggysueView Post
I miss my stamping when I'm away from home too. We usually wind up taking long car trips, so I almost always have a sock going, then at least I'm doing something productive.
You make your own socks?!! That's cool! Even more interesting to me, you wear them? LOL! I'm such a flip-flop girl and don't like having my feet enclosed in shoes, and only wear socks in the dead of winter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 06:07 AM   #15  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Is that what it's supposed to do? I guess sometimes, yes, but most of the time, I turn around from where I tend to perch with my laptop and think, "MAN! I have a lotta stuff that's not getting used!" And then I'll start purging or sorting and reorganizing. . . I think I have some issues. I've spent more time on reorganizing than on playing with my stamps and stuff!

You make your own socks?!! That's cool! Even more interesting to me, you wear them? LOL! I'm such a flip-flop girl and don't like having my feet enclosed in shoes, and only wear socks in the dead of winter.
That's cause you live in the beautiful warmth of TX. Up here in the frozen tundra, I could wear all the socks she makes at one time!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 06:16 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

DH always laughs at me because I put on my flip-flops to go to the basement; OVER my socks! :shock: I must have my socks, except for the short summer when it's warm!

Had a boppy; loved it!

Now for the question at hand.... I don't often go away, but when I do I take images with me to color. I also like to keep stuff in my purse to work on if I know I'll be sitting around and waiting. Seems like such a waste of time to me otherwise!

I find if I don't get to do a bit of crafting every day, I can feel a bit cranky! ;)

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 06:31 AM   #17  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina K. DesignsView Post
Isn't it funny how wonderful it is to go on vacation or to have spring break with the family, yet it always feels so good to get back to your regular routine.

It took me a whole week just to unpack a couple of suitcases from our spring break trip and I am soooo glad to get back to stamping.

I love to travel but I love to be home stamping just as much!

How about you?

I never take stamping stuff on vacation...then again I haven't had a real vacation in a VERY long time....

It takes me a long time to get creative after just a weekend of not stamping, but once I start I definitely realize how much I msised it and I cant stop :-D
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 06:45 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Love the boppy! I didn't have one for my older two (12 and nearly 10) but did with my youngest who just turned 1. He loves it as much as I do and for him it is a bit of a security piece. Now imagine the profit by the person who invented it! Wowzers!

As far as coming home from vacation...it takes me forever to unpack. Part of me procrastinates in that area....for whatever reason.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 06:48 AM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default GREAT IDEA!!!

I find if I don't get to do a bit of crafting every day, I can feel a bit cranky! ;)[/QUOTE]

Oooo . . . I love this quote! I'll be sure to use that on my DH next time he asks me why I'm so cranky! "I'm cranky, Dear, because I'm not doing enough crafting!" Yeah . . .that could work! I could also pretend to be crankier than I am so soon he'll be saying, "Why don't you just go craft, Sweetie?" LOL

And, as for Gina's original question, when I go away, I usually do craft. I don't go often enough for my Mom, but when I head to NC to visit her and other family members (most notably my favorite aunt/best friend/biggest enabler), we usually spend at least an afternoon/evening crafting. It's fun to share ideas and teach my Mom things she thinks look so hard but are so easy. (Of course, that takes a bit away from the "wow" factor when I send her cards! LOL)

Have a great day, everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 07:02 AM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

It might not be the dead of winter here, but the lingering effects are still making the temperatures outside my door 37 and rain/sleeting. . . . warm socks are appreciated almost eight months out of the year. Now, If I lived somewhere like Texas :rolleyes:. . . I'd wear flip flops more often!

Actually I knit a lot of socks in the springtime, because I almost always have a child involved in a spring sport, right now its lacrosse. Imagine the weather I just described and then parking yourself on a cold, metal bleacher. . . when you're knitting a sock and you get too cold you can stuff your hand inside of it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 07:06 AM   #21  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

I am with you, Jeanne -- I had no idea what a boppy was!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 07:07 AM   #22  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I usually don't take anything with me to do (as in stamp), but I take a LOT of magazines about stamping! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 12:04 PM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Travel/vacation is when I carry either a small piece of cross stitch or a small quilt top. Takes up very little room but provides many hours of activity.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 12:50 PM   #24  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

I love taking my stamp stuff when I go away but I hate it when I then feel I "have" to stamp. I've been known to take a whole suitcase of just stampin stuff!!!! Hey my mom doesn't have internet so I go into SCS withdrawal!!! (('Cept that there is a Hobby Lobby there and I go a bit crazy on that so I have to have some stamps and supplies to use all my new-found goodies!)). Now that I've discovered Copics, I'll be taking my color chart and a few open lined stamps to use if I add to my measly collection.

Oh, and in our fam, a boppy is a pacifier!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 01:07 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

We went on vacation last month for the first time in 10 years of marriage to not visit family. LOL We went to Orlando, and I'll tell you, there was no time to do anything. We were either in a park or asleep! However, I *did* make sure to visit a LSS while there too BUY stuff to scrap with later! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 01:22 PM   #26  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpmayoView Post
I never take stamping stuff on vacation...then again I haven't had a real vacation in a VERY long time....

It takes me a long time to get creative after just a weekend of not stamping, but once I start I definitely realize how much I msised it and I cant stop :-D
this is me also- with the exception of Disneyland, and then I did NOT take any!!!

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 05:12 PM   #27  
Watercolor Wizard

I love vacations and getting away from it all (including stamping). When I'm home, my mind tends to obsess over card-making (Can anyone else relate? HA!), so when I leave for vacation, I let my brain take a break from the stamping. Then when I get back, I'm refreshed and ready to obsess again.

I design for Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 05:22 PM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yall might be surprised by this, but I always take a GIANT bag (or four) full of stamping stuff with me when I go away, and then I don't touch it. LOL

Gina, move to TX! It's flip-flops year round!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 06:56 PM   #29  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

It took me a whole week just to unpack a couple of suitcases from our spring break trip ...
I am so glad I am not the only one who takes awhile to unpack. After a week away, I still have 2 partially unpacked suitcases to deal with. At least all the laundry is done. If I can get these stupid taxes done, then I am back to stamping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 06:58 PM   #30  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

I taking it there is no bopping involved... ;)

I know what you are talking about now. They have so many new baby things now I get lost.
ROTFL!

Geeze, I was with you, Jeanne! I was thinking a boppy was like rock-'em sock-'em robots or sumpin' what like 'dat! *snarf* :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 07:34 PM   #31  
Pearl-ExPert

geez.. i always think i'm going to get so much done over a long weekend, and then I end up getting NOTHING done!! AND: up here in Canada we get that special gift of "Easter Monday!" what is Easter Monday you ask? Who knows, but I'm not questioning it.. hahaha..

on a more serious note, I had the worst gall bladder attack yet last night, and I basically had to write off my whole afternoon/evening trying to cope with the pain.. I'm waiting for a surgery date, but it hasn't come yet.. Maybe I should phone my dr. tomorrow.. But now that I'm feeling better I should go get some card-makin' done eh??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 07:45 PM   #32  
Watercolor Wizard

Oooh Tobi that sounds painful! So sorry about the gall bladder. Just thinking of it makes me cringe.

Hmm if you might have to have surgery, does that mean you will be packing a bag of stamping stuff to take with you to hospital?

We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

My Gallery

My Blog: The Minister's Wife Stamps

The Dorks Frolic In The Dandy Patch
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 07:46 PM   #33  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess (Retired)

Received 80 Likes on 43 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRRView Post
ROTFL!

Geeze, I was with you, Jeanne! I was thinking a boppy was like rock-'em sock-'em robots or sumpin' what like 'dat! *snarf* :p
I didn't know either. Once I read the answer, I do remember them. My son has cerebral palsy, so I had no use for one.

In my family, a boppy is a pacifier... not sure how that got started. I think it was when one of my nieces couldn't say Paci for pacifier.
Limited Supplies, Featured Stamper, Clean & Simple
FS143 / QFTD93 
Past Design Teams: DRS Designs, Rubbernecker  
Past Guest Designer: Gina K Designs 
CAS. Embellished. It's all good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 07:48 PM   #34  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess (Retired)

Received 80 Likes on 43 Posts

BTW... spring break means stamping to me. DH and I have different weeks off. (I'm a teacher and DH is a professor).
Limited Supplies, Featured Stamper, Clean & Simple
FS143 / QFTD93 
Past Design Teams: DRS Designs, Rubbernecker  
Past Guest Designer: Gina K Designs 
CAS. Embellished. It's all good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 07:57 PM   #35  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzytobiView Post
geez.. i always think i'm going to get so much done over a long weekend, and then I end up getting NOTHING done!! AND: up here in Canada we get that special gift of "Easter Monday!" what is Easter Monday you ask? Who knows, but I'm not questioning it.. hahaha..

on a more serious note, I had the worst gall bladder attack yet last night, and I basically had to write off my whole afternoon/evening trying to cope with the pain.. I'm waiting for a surgery date, but it hasn't come yet.. Maybe I should phone my dr. tomorrow.. But now that I'm feeling better I should go get some card-makin' done eh??
I hope you're feeling better today! Did you get to the Dr.?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 08:06 PM   #36  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss BooView Post
I didn't know either. Once I read the answer, I do remember them. My son has cerebral palsy, so I had no use for one.

In my family, a boppy is a pacifier... not sure how that got started. I think it was when one of my nieces couldn't say Paci for pacifier.
Oh, lolly. We called pacifiers BINKIES back in my day. Yikes. How far back does that date me?! :shock: :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 08:11 PM   #37  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss BooView Post

I think there is actually a brand of paci that is named "boppy". I think that's where we got it from and my DD was sooooo attached to hers!

I didn't travel for break but I did stamp a bunch, just no time to upload just yet! Yuck, it's back to reality tomorrow. I'll just have to sit and drool over my own goodies. One of them may be one of my favorite cards I ever stamped. Hmmm... will I be able to actually send it???

Have fun gals, I'm going back to the ole grind!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 08:29 PM   #38  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minister's WifeView Post
Oooh Tobi that sounds painful! So sorry about the gall bladder. Just thinking of it makes me cringe.

Hmm if you might have to have surgery, does that mean you will be packing a bag of stamping stuff to take with you to hospital?
SUPOSSEDLY it's a day surgery.. i'm in, they blow me up, stick four holes in me, take the offending organ out, deflate me, and then dump me!!!!!!!!!!

i'm petrified, but it's better than spending a couple nights next to a nose-job recovery. (Imagine loud snoring amplified by a cast....)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 08:33 PM   #39  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I hope you're feeling better today! Did you get to the Dr.?
no..closed on "Easter Monday." will be calling EARLY in the morning tomorrow though... :mad:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 09:11 PM   #40  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRRView Post
Oh, lolly. We called pacifiers BINKIES back in my day. Yikes. How far back does that date me?! :shock: :rolleyes:
We said Binkie too. I loved that thing!

Reply With Quote Likes