Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 05-23-2008, 06:27 AM   #41  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you check the completed items, the ones that went for the highest amounts were shipped to the UK and Norway. I don't think there is any way anyone here in the US would possibly pay that much (at least I'd like to think so!)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Vee
Glitter Guru

Unfortunately, when the seller puts a "buy it now" price of $50 on something, some bidders think their bid of $42 is "getting a deal". Sigh.
Inking Addict

Have you ever noticed how much the wheels sell for on ebay? I see people buying a wheel for $10 or more, even current ones. I've never figured that one out! Why not just find a demo?
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by megan6986View Post
wow that lady seems somewhat defensive. maybe she knows she's in the wrong?
That's exactly what I was thinking!!! Why would she think someone was "stirring the pot" if she felt she was doing no wrong?

I know not what this day holds....but I know Who holds the day!!
Matboard Maniac

Yeah, I put a current wheel up on eBay once because I won it at a stamp camp and didn't have a use for it, and I didn't expect to make much on it, but it sold for a couple dollars more than what it goes for in the catalog, plus my shipping was higher than if they had ordered it directly from SU. And the person was in the US, so I have no idea why they paid so much. Sometimes the bids I get on things baffle me, but I would never take advantage by offering an inflated buy it now price!
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassyat30View Post
You know that customers can order more than one of each item at a time, right? ;)

I really hate that people automatically assume just because they are selling current SU that they are demos!

I wonder if I had the same type of nasty things said about me in the demo forums when I sold my entire SU inventory?
Who knows? I would hope that no one jumped to conclusions. I do know that SU! does not look kindly on demos who take orders with the knowledge that the merchandise is being bought just to resell it on eBay.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Kookie Creator

I thought I had read on a different post that somebody had asked SU about anyone selling current items on ebay and it was not allowed for demos OR customers. I just think this is bad. She is purposely misleading customers. I agree, the people that buy it are obviously incredibly dumb and shame on them but she is being dishonest. Did anyone report her to ebay for misleading information? Or, if there are any demos on this thread, report her to SU?
Inking Addict

You know, I have always thought of eBay as kind of a "Buyer Beware" type of website. I usually try and do all the research I can BEFORE I place a bid on any item, so that I know what is fair, I fully understand availability, and know for SURE that I can't get an item cheaper somewhere else. I will exhaust all other options before placing a bid for something I want on eBay.

If a buyer doesn't choose to do this, and ends up paying too much for something that is readily available for less, that isn't really the sellers fault.

However, I do have problems with sellers blatantly misrepresenting items, if that is what this seller has knowlingly done. I don't agree with this tactic, but again. I feel that it is up to the buyer to do their research so that they don't get taken.

JMHO...
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by kris2056View Post
I thought I had read on a different post that somebody had asked SU about anyone selling current items on ebay and it was not allowed for demos OR customers. I just think this is bad. She is purposely misleading customers. I agree, the people that buy it are obviously incredibly dumb and shame on them but she is being dishonest. Did anyone report her to ebay for misleading information? Or, if there are any demos on this thread, report her to SU?
As a customer I thought I could sell my SU items of ebay if I didn't want them any more?
Rubber Obsessor

i just bought one at a workshop 3 weeks ago. it was backordered. it took 3 whole extra days to get it. it isn't THAT scarce!!!

i agree ebay is buyer beware, but if its a demo who KNOWS better, i think thats pretty shady. 'specially if she's saying its retired. so wrong!
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLattyView Post
As a customer I thought I could sell my SU items of ebay if I didn't want them any more?
You can as a customer. It is YOUR item once you bought it. You don't have a contract with SU! saying that you won't, like demos do.

Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassyat30View Post
You know that customers can order more than one of each item at a time, right? ;)

I really hate that people automatically assume just because they are selling current SU that they are demos!

I wonder if I had the same type of nasty things said about me in the demo forums when I sold my entire SU inventory?
Well, sure I know that. I am a demo myself. What I was reacting to in the auction listing was the statement that she 'bought extras', which to me seems to mean more than she needed (for herself, gifts, whatever). And in my own personal opinion, that sounds like she bought extras intending to sell them. I wasn't trying to be nasty at all. Sorry if I offended you.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Kookie Creator

The WW punch I ordered this month is still back ordered... but no way am I paying $50 for it!!
If this woman is a demo then shame on her for obviously breaking her agreement with SU. If she is a customer, then really, shame on anyone stupid enough to pay that for the punch.
I'm not a big ebayer for this very reason. I find it's a little too underhanded for my taste. JMHO.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My WW punch took almost a month longer than the rest of my order. That was in March/April, but they may still be having residual problems.

If the buyers are from other countries, they are getting the advantage of our weaker dollar, so it may not be as big an issue to them. Also, lots of shoppers on eBay are impulse buyers. Not a whole lot of research involved there.
Gallery Gazer

Maybe we should all be watchers on the auction and really get her hyped up for nothing. I find it hard to see that it will sell when there are others with a BIN price of $30 (which is insane too!) If you look at the completed listings many are selling for $30 easy. Those buyers must not have ANY SU demos near them or just don't know how to locate one.

Now there is an idea......e-mailing the bidders and offering your demo expertise since they obviously don't have a demo close! ;-)
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamps&carsView Post
Now there is an idea......e-mailing the bidders and offering your demo expertise since they obviously don't have a demo close! ;-)
I've thought of that too, but I think it gets you kicked off the 'Bay if they catch you. However, I'm sure the seller (IF she is a demo) is probably putting contact info in those packages...
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberneckerView Post
I've thought of that too, but I think it gets you kicked off the 'Bay if they catch you. However, I'm sure the seller (IF she is a demo) is probably putting contact info in those packages...
I think that is true of you are trying to switch them to one of your auctions but would it be true the other way?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickers089View Post
You can as a customer. It is YOUR item once you bought it. You don't have a contract with SU! saying that you won't, like demos do.
Thanks that's what I thought until I read the one post above.
Stazon Splitcoast

As a SU customer, you can do whatever you want with your merchandise once you purchase it.

Sell in on ebay, sell it in a garage sale, give it away, burn it, etc. ;)

It's yours to do with as you wish and SU has absolutely no control over what the customer does with SU products as far as resale goes.
Watercolor Wizard

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

My question is: how did she know to order a bunch of those, and that they would be on backorder? One person can't possibly cause an item to go into a backorder situation. How did she know? Maybe she has a big warehouse of stuff, and waits for it to be in high demand, then jumps at the chance.
Any ideas?
Watercolor Wizard

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

Okay, I just went and looked at the item. She is giving free shipping now, so that is interesting.
Then I decided to look at the other items for sale. Most of them are a variety of Vera Wang clothing. I don't understand how this happens. Does she buy a bunch of VW stuff, then turn around and sell it? Is this a compulsive shopper who buys things she doesn't need, then sells them? I am at a loss. Can anyone elaborate?
Stampin' Fool

Why is everyone bidding so high on the punch? I am reading the thread's right that it is still available through SU. WOW - I wouldn't get away with it either, I would get $1.50, and be without a punch.lol!!
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by klhbensonView Post
Ladies,

the window punch nor the crop-a-dial have any bidders. She has started them off at high prices. There's NO ONE jumping to pay those prices!!!

kathy
That's what I thought. I looked at the ebay link in the first post and so far there are no bidders.

Is there another auction going on that has the high priced punch?

Tell me if there is, I want to see it.:mrgreen:
Stampin' Fool

What is "NEW" about the window punch?
Polyshrink Goddess

Careful with your galleries gals. One ebayer who has a window punch listed buy it now at $49. Directs customers to splitcoaststampers for ideas on how to use it. Not cool at all...

http://cgi.ebay.com/STAMPIN-UP-WORD-...QQcmdZViewItem
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharityHandView Post
Careful with your galleries gals. One ebayer who has a window punch listed buy it now at $49. Directs customers to splitcoaststampers for ideas on how to use it. Not cool at all...

http://cgi.ebay.com/STAMPIN-UP-WORD-...QQcmdZViewItem
I don't understand. what do you mean by carful with "our galleries"?????
Insane Embellisher

Anyone who is a crafter-- either a buyer or a seller-- should know that $50 is a ridiculous price for a punch! Even if you aren't familiar with SU, all you have to do is stroll through the punches aisle at Michael's and realize that even $15-$20 is pushing the limit. I'm most surprised these items have bidders!
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to gypsycrafter

Just remember that you have no proof that she has actually sold one of these for the extortionate price she is selling at.
She may have rallied round her 'friends', and I use the term lightly, to boost the price up.
It is so easy to hit the bid button once you have been outbid on something.
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerView Post
I don't understand. what do you mean by carful with "our galleries"?????
I mean your member gallery where you post pictures of your cards... This person is telling people to come and look through the galleries to find ways to use this tool.
Stazon Splitcoast

I sent a message to her as well and she was the rudest person ever. This is her response to my first question.
Hey if you can get it from your stamping up dealer go for it ( in which case I don't know why you are looking here)...I KNOW how long it took me to get my punches..I wouldn't be a good ebay seller (since 1999) if I didn't do some research before posting. A punch sold over $60 recently AND I do have 28 watchers on this item. Thanks for your interest tho. Did you actually have a ?? or just stirring the pot???

Then I told her "Hey more power to ya but I won't be bidding on your stuff"

She sent back this lovely response.

Actually just tired of new ebayers with low feedback who think they know ebay..if you had bothered to do a completed item search which I always do before posting anything you would have seen the high bids for these punches..and ebay is all about supply and demand in case you didn't know that..and btw I am ahead of you..i did block you from EVER bidding on my items.

She's referring to my low rating although I've been on Ebay for over 8 years, my account was hacked and I had to get a different one.

I then let her know that she was not ahead of me as I'd decided long before I sent a message not to ever bid on her items and informed her that I'm sorry she's such an unhappy person and I'd put her on my prayer list. I really do feel sorry for people like that. She needs to take a class to understand the difference between aggressive, assertive, passive-aggressive and social skills.
CBC Lady Violet

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

I don't do the ebay thing, so I'm not familiar with the ebay rules but...
Would ebay stop the auction/step in somehow if she was misleading in her description? I just went and re-read her auction. In her description she:
1. contradicts herself by saying this is the "new" punch & then saying it is retired.
2. Misleads. She specifically states that "I am told it is retired". We all know this is not true. Well, I suppose technically she may have been told that, but 5 minutes quick research at SU!'s site would show you its not.
Glitter Guru

I looked at her listing again today and she changed a bunch of stuff on it. She dropped the price to $39.99, offered free shipping in the US, and said that the punch is retired in the description. If someone pays that much for the punch, then they are nuts and they should have done some research on it. But, I do have a serious problem with her misrepresenting the product. That punch was on backorder (not listed on backorder any longer), but it isn't retired. I am not an Ebayer, is it against policy to misrepresent an item in this way? If so, she should be reported.

Check out My Gallery!

Proud Army wife!
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

What is "NEW" about the window punch?
I think she just means that the punch itself is "new" and not "used"

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberneckerView Post
Yes you are right....if you email the bidders it's a violation of ebay rules. It's called bidder interference. Just thought I would let you know.

Although she must be aware that this punch isnt retired, I myself have made a simple mistake whereby I have listed stamp sets and have used a template from another listing and forgotten to remove the 'retired' word so it states the set is retired when it actually isnt - and I have had a message to let me know it is current from another ebay member - perhaps an SCS gal LOL ;-)

But as for prices, well if someone is silly enough to pay so much... I had a couple of retired creative memories punches and when I checked what price they go for on the bay it was for $45 each!!! So I listed them, people bid up to that kind of figure and I had a nice amount from the sales to buy several new punches because of it :-)
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharityHandView Post
I mean your member gallery where you post pictures of your cards... This person is telling people to come and look through the galleries to find ways to use this tool.
I guess I don't see the problem here. I am new to stamping and am not a demo but I wouldn't mind having someone look at the creations that I have posted on this website. I realize when I post them here that they are on the World Wide Web and I don't put anything up that I would want to keep private. I know that I, for one, love being able to look at all of the wonderful ideas on this site.

As far as the inflated price... it may be shady of her and shame on her if she's misrepresenting the facts, but if people are that impulsive and don't research an item before they buy it - that's their proplem. I have bought (and sold) on ebay for 8 or 9 years and you have to know what you're getting or you could be kicking yourself later.

JMHO.

-Christel
Watercolor Wizard

just curious did it sell yet? (I can't see Ebay at work)

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Polyshrink Goddess

i noticed that earlier on in this thread it was mentioned that items had been bought by UK bidders ,well i have bought from ebay for SU items Before they launched in the UK it was one of the few ways i could fuel my addiction ,however i would never pay real stupid prices as i have to allow a fair bit for overseas postage .Punches are up to �13.95 in the UK catty so double that for the rough $ price ,yep $28 .....i would much rather buy retired stuff from the ladies on SCS yep and pay the high cost of mailing with no quibble ,if only more would post overseas !.This particular seller sounds very rude and misleading ,i always check feedback and don't go near if its bad .Thank heavens we can now buy SU in the UK ,i am just hoping that over the next year or so our range grows as its a little limited at the moment .:-D
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailbirdstamperView Post
just curious did it sell yet? (I can't see Ebay at work)
There are no bids yet and it has over 1 day to go.
Polyshrink Goddess

i just found the item to have a look ,any one over this side of the "pond" would be mad to buy ,the postage is $25 plus the outrageous price .....