Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-07-2009, 04:44 PM   #201  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never been happy with the image quality of clear stamps, no matter what ink I used. I also have torn SO many stamps it's pitiful. I do pretty well with the really small images, like stitching lines and dotted circles but I have trouble mounting them straight. I didn't think I'd like rubber because you can't see through it, but once I got my stamp-a-ma-jig I stopped having any problems at all.

Sorry, I know this thread isn't really a clear vs. rubber thread and I'm sorry if the debate gets tiresome. I've never weighed in before but I just couldn't hold back a moment longer!!!

***back to our originally scheduled topic***

Expecting my catty and goodies Wednesday (and thinking of making cookies for Mr. Brown just to show my appreciation!) and I'm SUPER excited. I am wondering about all the digi scrapping rumours I heard a few months back though!!

I really wanted to say how much I've enjoyed the whole sneak peek process because of the lively debate it's sparked! How fun is all this whizzing and zinging of differing opinion!?! I really enjoy hearing all the different points of view; I so admire the wit and enthusiasm I see here on scs, no matter how divergent the opinions may be.

Stamp on!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2009, 05:26 PM   #202  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by franb63View Post
Ok i am NOT a demo, BUT i did get to see the book.. they have 6 embosslit dies (2 being new).. 3 embossing folders (2 being new).. 3 texturz plate sets?? 1 being new.. 4 new sizzlet dies.. 1 new medium sizzliet die,., 4 new bigz dies.. 1 new bigz clear die... 7 new bigz xl dies .. the magnetic movers & shapers.. THOSE look great!! .. 2 new orginal dies

and i have to say i love some of the DP for sure!!!

and the halloween sets i LOVE LOVE LOVE.. I cant wait to be able to place an order!!!

The set up of this cattie is very nice i love the color schemes they used..

so now will I be in the "cattie" house for seeing it?? Hey I gotta love my demo she let me sneak the peek ya know..
i am SO SO excited to know about the embossing folders!

i never seem to get a chance to get any new ones from provo craft because i don't shop on line...

thank you, thank you, thank you for 'throwing the dog a bone' LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2009, 06:24 PM   #203  
scrapperazzi

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoegirlView Post
I've never been happy with the image quality of clear stamps, no matter what ink I used. I also have torn SO many stamps it's pitiful. I do pretty well with the really small images, like stitching lines and dotted circles but I have trouble mounting them straight. I didn't think I'd like rubber because you can't see through it, but once I got my stamp-a-ma-jig I stopped having any problems at all.

Sorry, I know this thread isn't really a clear vs. rubber thread and I'm sorry if the debate gets tiresome. I've never weighed in before but I just couldn't hold back a moment longer!!!

***back to our originally scheduled topic***

Expecting my catty and goodies Wednesday (and thinking of making cookies for Mr. Brown just to show my appreciation!) and I'm SUPER excited. I am wondering about all the digi scrapping rumours I heard a few months back though!!

I really wanted to say how much I've enjoyed the whole sneak peek process because of the lively debate it's sparked! How fun is all this whizzing and zinging of differing opinion!?! I really enjoy hearing all the different points of view; I so admire the wit and enthusiasm I see here on scs, no matter how divergent the opinions may be.

Stamp on!
lol. I think we can all have our own preferences and it is ok. Some love clear some don't. I'm not trying to push people over to "my" side as much as I am trying to explain why I'm not a fan of clear.

Jodi who is wishing she lived closer to her downline on wednesday
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2009, 09:18 PM   #204  
Die Cut Diva

Thanks for this nice post! I have been a SU demo for 8 years and have had a great experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2graceView Post
Have you ever walked in to a store and overheard the employees talking about what a piece of garbage their workplace is? Or their schedule? Or their boss? Doesn't it just make you want to turn and run? Don't you wish they would take it to the lunch room?

Just a little side note about SU~
~A few years ago I asked for a donation for a school fund raiser. I got a HUGE box of great stuff. I know many demos have been blessed by SU's generosity. And the Ronald McDonald house is one of their main charitys.
~When I call SU, I never get the dreaded computer prompts, I get a super friendly real person. Do they make errrors? Sure, us humans do that. And will continue to, but it's a small price to pay for feeling like I matter.
~They listen to the demos. That's why we are back to 1 catty. That's why we are getting In-Color markers.
~I have never heard anyone leave SU because of how they were treated. I have worked for 2 other homebased Co. and this one is by far the best.
~What is offered is by far the best in it's catagory. No, they don't offer it all, but what they have is awesome!
~And remember...if it weren't for a fabulous SU demo there would be no SCS!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2009, 10:48 PM   #205  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalStamper63View Post
I'm surprised that with going back to one catty, there are no recipes in the back. I didn't care for printing the recipes and having this tiny tiny card image and print.

As a side note, did the ink color for the print change from light grey to a darker, easier to read color?
I have to say I'm gladly giving it up for more product and ironically I LOVE the teeny tiny picture as it is way easier for me to look up details without going back to page 26 and having to go ok that one must be 26A, that one is 26B etc...I however look at it a lot less now that it is separate so it is kind of a double edged sword.

I will say I didn't notice anything about the print color but I'm not going to look because saying yes or no is probably a violation - July 1st though I'll tell you anything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2009, 10:51 PM   #206  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by MewsinView Post
Sharon, I was using the PTI ink with their stamps, wouldn't that work? they are hybrids. I also don't like that you can't get a crisp look with the craft ink. The look isn't the same, (as in it isn't all jagged from running ink) it looks like the ink is on either side of the stamp and leaves an empty line right where the stamp is.

Again, the image results aren't as good(for me) and I have wasted more paper than I care to admit too, so I won't use them. If SU goes clear, I will be done.

eta:I know I am not the only one with this problem. I have received PTI stamped images in a swap and the images just aren't crisp. I don't know how to explain them exactly but I know what the image is supposed to look like and I am pretty sure the mush at the side of the image wasn't on there previously. ;)
I posted that I wasn't having good luck with the Palette PTI inks either but have GREAT results with SU! Classic Inks! Have you tried that yet? I can't remember if you said you had SU! inks but if you don't a set of spots is a great way to start trying them (I apologize if you totally said this somewhere else...I need to be getting to bed instead of forum posting). Now my Fancy Pants acrylics or Heidi Swapp's...NO! The SU! inks I've only had luck with "sticking" to the PTI stamps...don't know why!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2009, 04:41 PM   #207  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

no wonder demos don't want to go to the general side any longer.
now that's an interesting statement. demos don't like coming to the general stampers forums? i'm sure that can't be true. what demo doesn't want to know what his/her customers are saying - good or bad?