Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-04-2009, 10:53 PM   #161  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
I had some 'Chocolate' a day or two ago, and came back for some more! LOL

I am loving the Asian set -I have seen sample cards posted, and I love the Pheasant set too posted on this link..... I am anxious to see the new in- colors put together on cards. I love the new- I think- textured card stock 8x11...is that right? Not too sure of the circle set, but I am sure there will be some great samples posted, and I may change my mind........

So, are demo's seeing any drop in sales with the economy? Just curious

Thanks for posting the sneak peak-I personally like the other companies posting prior to new releases and think it builds up anticipation for what's new and would make us all go crazy to buy stuff as soon as the catalog was available. I respect SU that they prefer their stuff not be posted, but will look at it if it is ...leaked.....

Shelly
Actually they have left it up to demos to decide whether or not to share sneak peaks. The confusion was over the PDF that was shared. That was really supposed to just be for demonstrators. What we can share is photos of the actual product once it is in hand as well as samples like so many of the girls are starting to upload into the gallery. The rest of the catalog is off limits to posting so you will have to give chocolate to your demonstrator in exchange for a sneak peak at it

My teeny, tiny, someday it might be a GALLERY
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2009, 09:33 AM   #162  
Crimping Master

I loved the last batch of In Color but not crazy on these new ones. So I stocked up on cardstock and reinkers of Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss and Bahama Blue(?). My demo emailed us a sneak peak so I will be buying the pheasant set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2009, 10:43 AM   #163  
Pearl-ExPert

I posted samples using the new incolors on my blog as well as the new teeny tiny wishes & razzle dazzle and Razzleberry Lemonade DSP (very Basic Grey-ish - I LOVE it). I'm one of those people who may not love it at first but once I see a sample with it I love it (that happened with Razzle Dazzle as SU! had just a couple of samples - the image I used in the background is gorgeous if you color it with markers and stamp)...anyway check my blog out if you'd like (oh and leave a comment too! I LOVE those!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2009, 11:01 AM   #164  
Glitter Queen

Talking New In Color Comparison

LATE last night as I was perusing the forum I saw a post where someone was asking about a color comparison...but I can't remember who or where I saw it...Anyway...I am a brand-new RE-UPPED demo. Was with SUP back around the time they celebrated their 10th Anniv-stayed about 5 years-then had babies 3 & 4 so made a switch to CTMH for a couple of years because they have a junior status which seemed to work better with my circumstances (but still remained a SU customer). Just re-signed with the $75 scrappin special. May never do more than hobby..but ya never know! Anyhow- haven't posted much on SCS in the past but had to share this link:

Go to stampinpretty.com (SU demo Mary Fish) has an awesome blog
You should check it out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2009, 09:49 PM   #165  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to nadine529

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyDollView Post
100% on board with you here! I can get SOOOO much more for my stamping $$$ elsewhere as far as stamps go. SU! is just too darn expensive when companies like Hero Arts, A*Muse, Papertrey Ink (especially PTI....THEY price their ribbons, buttons, CS, PP, and stamps RIGHT!), GinaK, Stamping Bella....

I'm STILL one that thinks they should offer an unmounted option...for less! I think they would be SURPRISED @ the sales.

I want unmounted too - unmounted rubber with EZMount. I'd love it.

C'est moi, c'est tout.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2009, 10:14 PM   #166  
Stazon Splitcoast

And boo hoo to you if you're sick of hearing about unmounted. Maybe SU! will go green one of these days and offer it. They obviously listen to the customers/demos since they're offering the In Colors in markers this year.

Oh, and the years that SU! offered unmounted - they weren't really unmounted. They were foam - big fat 1/2" foam. They were cheesy and juvenile looking, and not at all like unmounted stamps on EZ Mount.

C'est moi, c'est tout.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 07:01 AM   #167  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadine529View Post
And boo hoo to you if you're sick of hearing about unmounted. Maybe SU! will go green one of these days and offer it. They obviously listen to the customers/demos since they're offering the In Colors in markers this year.

Oh, and the years that SU! offered unmounted - they weren't really unmounted. They were foam - big fat 1/2" foam. They were cheesy and juvenile looking, and not at all like unmounted stamps on EZ Mount.
Ouch, that was a bit touchy..... I wouldn't mind the option of unmounted for myself and for those that really like it. I do however, love my wood mounted stamps. As a demo for SU, obviously mine are mounted but anything I buy that is non SU is mostly unmounted. More for the space issue that preference. And yes they do listen to us(cutomers and demos alike). This is a subject that comes up every catalog, etc. There are the unmounted rules cheerleaders and the mounted cheerleaders. Both are ok, but what makes either side think that their way is the best??? It may be the best for them personnally but not for someone else. Besides that, it has been stated before and I will state it again. It seems a bit odd that there is so much jawing about SU going unmounted. What about these companies that sell only clear? I am not a fan of clear and will only buy if I really like the image and can't find something similar in rubber. Should I get up on my soap box and demand that they offer rubber? (not to mention that how green is the process in which these are made?) SHould I do the same for companies that only offer unmounted? Where does it end? Each company is different, just like all of us and there is nothing wrong with that and there is honestly no reason for us all to be at each others throat over such a silly issue. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to belittle anyone, just wanted to touch on the subject. As to the foam, that was before I knew about SU or was into this addictive hobby, but I remember buying some foam stamps here and there and didn't like them as much so they went away rather quickly.

edited to add that I really liked the sneek peak and think that the colors are much better in person. so glad that there are now markers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 07:23 AM   #168  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

I have been an SU customer for six years and probably will be as long as they are in business. I do have to confess that I don't buy as many stamps from them anymore, not because they're wood mounted, but because they just aren't offering much in the style I like. I do a lot of scrapbooking of kids, and right now I prefer what some other companies carry. And yes, these companies sell their stamps unmounted, but honestly I don't feel as passionately about this issue as some. If SU ever offered an either/or option, I know that I would buy unmounted because of price and space issues, but I'll never hold it against them if they don't. I will stop buying stamps from them if they ever go clear, however.

I will always buy paper, ink and ribbon from SU because I do believe that I'm getting the best deal for my dollar here. But as far as stamps are concerned, right now other companies are offering a better fill for my needs. When I first started with SU they offered a lot for my scrapbooking, but now they don't so much. But that's okay, eventually trends come back, and when (not if) SU does go back to the style I like so much, I'll buy more from them. That's the one advantage of not being a demo, I only buy for me

Oh, I'm liking most of the in colors this year but I am having trouble seeing a combination for Christmas cards there. Any other year I've been able to come up with a great combo but these colors seem so much more spring and summery to me. I'll just have to wait and see what they come up with. Loving how that new ribbon looks.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 08:13 AM   #169  
Pearl-ExPert

I just had to chime in on the issue that PTI is cheaper...someone mentioned ribbons and that just isn't true. All of PTI's ribbon is $3/5 yds or 60 cents a yard. SU!'s varies in size and price but most are comparible if not cheaper - for example both companies offer 5/ 8 grosgrain ribbon but SU!'s is 53 cents per yard or 7 cents per yard cheaper. Our brand new polka dotted grosgrain is approximately 66 cents per yard or 6 cents more expensive so really you can't argue that theirs is cheaper all around. However, the thing I do like about PTI (besides offering the ribbon in every color in every style - fabulous!) is the smaller spool offering as all of SU!'s spools are either 15 yd or 10 yd spools. I think the ribbon would sell better as many people don't necessarily want 15 yds of the same thing and would rather have 3 rolls of different ribbons for the same price. But cheaper, no...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 08:22 AM   #170  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYstamperView Post
Ouch, that was a bit touchy..... I wouldn't mind the option of unmounted for myself and for those that really like it. I do however, love my wood mounted stamps. As a demo for SU, obviously mine are mounted but anything I buy that is non SU is mostly unmounted. More for the space issue that preference. And yes they do listen to us(cutomers and demos alike). This is a subject that comes up every catalog, etc. There are the unmounted rules cheerleaders and the mounted cheerleaders. Both are ok, but what makes either side think that their way is the best??? It may be the best for them personnally but not for someone else. Besides that, it has been stated before and I will state it again. It seems a bit odd that there is so much jawing about SU going unmounted. What about these companies that sell only clear? I am not a fan of clear and will only buy if I really like the image and can't find something similar in rubber. Should I get up on my soap box and demand that they offer rubber? (not to mention that how green is the process in which these are made?) SHould I do the same for companies that only offer unmounted? Where does it end? Each company is different, just like all of us and there is nothing wrong with that and there is honestly no reason for us all to be at each others throat over such a silly issue. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to belittle anyone, just wanted to touch on the subject. As to the foam, that was before I knew about SU or was into this addictive hobby, but I remember buying some foam stamps here and there and didn't like them as much so they went away rather quickly.

edited to add that I really liked the sneek peak and think that the colors are much better in person. so glad that there are now markers!
Nope, not touchy at all & no "ouch" intended. Just my $.02 to those who are "so tired of hearing about unmounted" and "there ARE other stamp companies that offer unmounted - go shop there." (to paraphrase) It's almost like being told to "shut up" or something...

I was a demo for 6 years. I gave it up for a number of reasons, so I know that this has been an ongoing topic for years. I too, am not a huge fan of clear stamps, and like you will only buy them if I can't find an alternative in rubber, but it sure would be nice if an unmounted option were offered, and there is nothing wrong with hoping for that every year. Shelli had said in the past that SU! will "never go to clear polymer". I hope that's true. Then again, SU! also said that the In Colors would be limited editions, and never offered again... seems like they've changed their mind - which is fine to me, I love all of the In Colors past and present, but "never say never" KWIM?

C'est moi, c'est tout.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 08:26 AM   #171  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm finding that I buy less and less SU stamps, not because they are mounted (I have unmounted most of my sets though) but because of the selection. In the past 3 catalogs, I have found 1 set per catalog that I've been interested in. I'd like to see more masculine, more patriotic and less flowers. I love SU paper and that is where I spend my SU money.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 08:28 AM   #172  
Polyshrink Goddess

You know what would be awesome, and a reasonable compromise. . .I wish I could get my EZ mount from SU when I order a stamp from them. They wouldn't have to change at all except offer a sheet of EZ mount. Now if the stamps came premounted on EZ mount foam, I would just DIE and probably buy many more SU stamps, because with the rubber and foam die cut I would be ready to go right out of the box.

I buy what I like from SU, and what I don't like, I don't buy. . .one of the reasons I don't demo for company any more. No guilt if I buy outside that company. No need to feel like I must have everything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 08:31 AM   #173  
Polyshrink Goddess

STRAIGHT to the top of my netflicks!! Had not even heard of Firefly. And, my husband said to tell you THANK YOU! he loved Firefly even more than I did!

ok, i'll quit hijacking now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 09:59 AM   #174  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,016 Likes on 870 Posts
Default su sneak peak

In my past life, I made hair bows for kids clothing stores and at Craft shows....I LOVE LOVE ribbon! I am so thrilled to see the new polka dotted ribbons.

I personally look in the swap area on SCS and join in a swap where you send in one or two spools, and then get back a few yards of each color. Then, I can see if I am using alot of one color or another, and then will reorder more of just that color if I choose to.

I cannot wait to see if there are more embossing folders offered in the new catalog........

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 10:01 AM   #175  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahbe492View Post
I just had to chime in on the issue that PTI is cheaper...someone mentioned ribbons and that just isn't true. All of PTI's ribbon is $3/5 yds or 60 cents a yard. SU!'s varies in size and price but most are comparible if not cheaper - for example both companies offer 5/ 8 grosgrain ribbon but SU!'s is 53 cents per yard or 7 cents per yard cheaper. Our brand new polka dotted grosgrain is approximately 66 cents per yard or 6 cents more expensive so really you can't argue that theirs is cheaper all around. However, the thing I do like about PTI (besides offering the ribbon in every color in every style - fabulous!) is the smaller spool offering as all of SU!'s spools are either 15 yd or 10 yd spools. I think the ribbon would sell better as many people don't necessarily want 15 yds of the same thing and would rather have 3 rolls of different ribbons for the same price. But cheaper, no...
That's EXACTLY it! Perfectly said! When I said PTI's ribbon was cheaper, I wasn't thinking of the "by the yard" price, I was thinking.....overall. I can get 3 different ribbons for $9 (15 yards), whereas with SU! I get 1 ribbon for $9.95 (15 yards). I know there are going to be those people that suggest going in with others and splitting....I DO understand that option, and have done it in the past. But I know that there are a lot of people that want their ribbon on a spool instead of loose... I just think it would be a fun option for SU! to offer smaller yardage at a lesser price.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 05:34 PM   #176  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdahoLeeView Post
STRAIGHT to the top of my netflicks!! Had not even heard of Firefly. And, my husband said to tell you THANK YOU! he loved Firefly even more than I did!

ok, i'll quit hijacking now!
Ain't no place I'd rather be...
Now that I found Serenity.
(cue fiddles)

Now back to your normally scheduled programming.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 05:52 PM   #177  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadine529View Post
Nope, not touchy at all & no "ouch" intended. Just my $.02 to those who are "so tired of hearing about unmounted" and "there ARE other stamp companies that offer unmounted - go shop there." (to paraphrase) It's almost like being told to "shut up" or something...

I was a demo for 6 years. I gave it up for a number of reasons, so I know that this has been an ongoing topic for years. I too, am not a huge fan of clear stamps, and like you will only buy them if I can't find an alternative in rubber, but it sure would be nice if an unmounted option were offered, and there is nothing wrong with hoping for that every year. Shelli had said in the past that SU! will "never go to clear polymer". I hope that's true.
Quote:

Then again, SU! also said that the In Colors would be limited editions, and never offered again... seems like they've changed their mind - which is fine to me, I love all of the In Colors past and present, but "never say never" KWIM?
I'm sorry I didn't read this whole thread. Are they bringing back some of the old in-colors? That would be AWESOME.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 08:03 PM   #178  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtgchicView Post
Ain't no place I'd rather be...
Now that I found Serenity.
(cue fiddles)

Now back to your normally scheduled programming.
LOL, this is too funny. My boyfriend...well fiance I guess (got engaged this weekend, still not used to it, hehe) got me hooked, it's so funny sometimes. We watch an episode now and then, I wish there were more seasons. I have all the Buffy The Vampire Slayer seasons and it's from the same guy so he thought i'd like it. We'll watch one firefly and then Buffy the next...he hates the theme song though:-)

I'll stop hi-jacking now:-)

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #179  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllibelleView Post
I'm sorry I didn't read this whole thread. Are they bringing back some of the old in-colors? That would be AWESOME.

my demo said that she got an email saying not to get rid of all of the past in color stuff. that there might be something offered in the future using past in colors...

just kinda left it open ended
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #180  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by momis mamaView Post
my demo said that she got an email saying not to get rid of all of the past in color stuff. that there might be something offered in the future using past in colors...

Thanks so much!! I'd be thrilled to see some of them come back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 10:39 PM   #181  
Compulsive Stamper

This might be "off topic", but I just had a brain wave which at this time of night is amazing in itself! It seems to me from reading this thread that a lot of ladies don't like clear stamps. Well, I'm thinking that maybe like me when I purchased my first clear set a few years ago, you might have tried using your SU 'dye' inks with these stamps. SU dye inks, for the most part, won't work with either the clear acrylic or clear polymer type...the ink puddles, giving a messy image.

VersaMagic Chalk Ink, Brilliance pigment ink or Versafine ink will all give good results. I've found the new Memento ink by Tsukineko, even though it is a dye ink, works well too. Their Rich Cocoa is now one of my favourite brown shades.

Maybe this has been said somewhere else in another forum, but thought I might mention it again in case anyone has gotten frustrated trying to get a clean image with clear stamps. I did at first until I switched inks. Now, more than half of my stamps are the clear ones, and they take up considerably less storage space.

On another note and in keeping with the forum topic, I would like to see SU come back with some of the old colours, particularly Forest Foliage. It was a nice, rich Christmas green.

JMHO....

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 10:50 PM   #182  
Polyshrink Goddess

now i have a "song worm"!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2009, 07:25 AM   #183  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
My boyfriend...well fiance I guess (got engaged this weekend, still not used to it, hehe)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
he hates the theme song though:-)
Looks like you find yourself a smart man!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2009, 08:14 AM   #184  
Pearl-ExPert

I'll be honest I had that problem as well EXCEPT when using PTI stamps! They work GREAT with SU! classic inks and are really the only other brand I buy for stamps now! I had purchased the kit PTI debuted in January (or maybe Feb) with the different papers, ink & ribbon and have since decided that I HATE their ink...every time I use it it is splotchy looking (maybe it is just the spot size?) so I just thought - hmmm maybe I'll try my SU! inks although they didn't work so well with my other clear stamps and voila! PERFECTION! I don't know what it is about PTI's stamps that allow them to work with the dye inks better but anyway thought I'd share!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CelticrafterView Post
This might be "off topic", but I just had a brain wave which at this time of night is amazing in itself! It seems to me from reading this thread that a lot of ladies don't like clear stamps. Well, I'm thinking that maybe like me when I purchased my first clear set a few years ago, you might have tried using your SU 'dye' inks with these stamps. SU dye inks, for the most part, won't work with either the clear acrylic or clear polymer type...the ink puddles, giving a messy image.

VersaMagic Chalk Ink, Brilliance pigment ink or Versafine ink will all give good results. I've found the new Memento ink by Tsukineko, even though it is a dye ink, works well too. Their Rich Cocoa is now one of my favourite brown shades.

Maybe this has been said somewhere else in another forum, but thought I might mention it again in case anyone has gotten frustrated trying to get a clean image with clear stamps. I did at first until I switched inks. Now, more than half of my stamps are the clear ones, and they take up considerably less storage space.

On another note and in keeping with the forum topic, I would like to see SU come back with some of the old colours, particularly Forest Foliage. It was a nice, rich Christmas green.

JMHO....

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2009, 08:16 AM   #185  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I'm a demo so I read the message directly from the company on our website and let me just say it wasn't your demo leaving it open ended - it is definitely the company. She told you EXACTLY what the company told us...so bizarre! I'm excited though and thinking that maybe they're leaving the announcement as something at Convention! I'm sure you SCSers will be the first to know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2009, 11:30 AM   #186  
Rubber Obsessor

Default card recipes in the new catty or no?

Anyone with a new catty; are the card recipes in the back of the catty like before? I am going to guess that they aren't but would like to know for sure. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2009, 11:34 AM   #187  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

I'll be honest I had that problem as well EXCEPT when using PTI stamps! They work GREAT with SU! classic inks and are really the only other brand I buy for stamps now! I had purchased the kit PTI debuted in January (or maybe Feb) with the different papers, ink & ribbon and have since decided that I HATE their ink...every time I use it it is splotchy looking (maybe it is just the spot size?) so I just thought - hmmm maybe I'll try my SU! inks although they didn't work so well with my other clear stamps and voila! PERFECTION! I don't know what it is about PTI's stamps that allow them to work with the dye inks better but anyway thought I'd share!
Thanks Sarabee for the info. I haven't bought and tried any PTI stamps as yet because they charge so much for shipping to Canada (although I do like some of their sets).

Sharon

Last edited by Celticrafter; 06-07-2009 at 11:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2009, 12:35 PM   #188  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowkatView Post
Anyone with a new catty; are the card recipes in the back of the catty like before? I am going to guess that they aren't but would like to know for sure. Thanks!

i just read on another thread... no- the recipes aren't in the catalog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2009, 01:26 PM   #189  
scrapperazzi

Quote:

JMHO....

Sharon
I really can't get a crisp image from clear stamps. I have pti stamps and their ink and still no go, you can see the ink from the branch is not crisp it leaves jagged edges. NOW I understand that it is probably my issue but I'd rather not waste my money on stamps I will never use, so I don't buy clear. If SU went clear, I would drop my demoship.

I agree that an unmounted option would be nice but I mount all my stamps because I don't have the patience to mount and unmount and remount and unmount I just want to stamp and be done with it. All of my customers mount theirs also, and they used to be CTMH customers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2009, 01:28 PM   #190  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess (Retired)

Received 95 Likes on 51 Posts

Quote:

I'm a demo so I read the message directly from the company on our website and let me just say it wasn't your demo leaving it open ended - it is definitely the company. She told you EXACTLY what the company told us...so bizarre! I'm excited though and thinking that maybe they're leaving the announcement as something at Convention! I'm sure you SCSers will be the first to know!
Wow!
Limited Supplies, Featured Stamper, Clean & Simple
FS143 / QFTD93 
Past Design Teams: DRS Designs, Rubbernecker  
Past Guest Designer: Gina K Designs 
CAS. Embellished. It's all good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2009, 02:04 PM   #191  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MewsinView Post
I really can't get a crisp image from clear stamps. I have pti stamps and their ink and still no go, you can see the ink from the branch is not crisp it leaves jagged edges. NOW I understand that it is probably my issue but I'd rather not waste my money on stamps I will never use, so I don't buy clear. If SU went clear, I would drop my demoship.

I agree that an unmounted option would be nice but I mount all my stamps because I don't have the patience to mount and unmount and remount and unmount I just want to stamp and be done with it. All of my customers mount theirs also, and they used to be CTMH customers.
Hi Jodi: Normally, dye inks which are the SU Classic ink don't "stick" to the polymer/acrylic stamps. They puddle on the surface and that's a lot of the reason people don't like clear stamps. Have you tried SU craft (pigment) inks with the PTI stamps? They are thicker and different formulation. I only have the SU Craft White, and I use it with the clear stamps no problem. Another hint would be just to "kiss" the paper lightly with the inked clear stamp. If you press too hard, such as you would do with a wood mounted rubber stamp, it squishes the polymer resulting in a thicker line and uncrisp image.

In my note above, I listed the inks which I find work really well with clear stamps. I have Hero Arts, Inkadinkadoo, Cloud 9, Studio G, CTMH, and many, many other clear stamps, and never have a problem stamping with them.

I used to be a SU demo, but I like way too many other stamps, products, inks, and accessories that are available to stick with one company. I still use their paper and their inks, though....

Sharon

Last edited by Celticrafter; 06-07-2009 at 02:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2009, 02:18 PM   #192  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question New Catty - No recipes in back?

Quote:

i just read on another thread... no- the recipes aren't in the catalog
I'm surprised that with going back to one catty, there are no recipes in the back. I didn't care for printing the recipes and having this tiny tiny card image and print.

As a side note, did the ink color for the print change from light grey to a darker, easier to read color?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2009, 02:28 PM   #193  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalStamper63View Post
I'm surprised that with going back to one catty, there are no recipes in the back. I didn't care for printing the recipes and having this tiny tiny card image and print.

As a side note, did the ink color for the print change from light grey to a darker, easier to read color?

my thought is...

no recipes = more product! i hope there are more embossing folders and die cuts.

i don't know about the print in the catalog as i haven't seen it yet. i hope it will be easier to read as well. seems the older i get the harder it is for me to see some things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2009, 02:31 PM   #194  
Stazon Splitcoast

after voicing my hopes in my last reply...

i know that demos can't give details BUT can you say if there are any new embossing folders?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2009, 02:51 PM   #195  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

As far as the topic of clear stamps goes, yes the reason I don't care for them is because they don't work well with SU's dye ink pads. I've invested a lot of money into getting all their ink pads (I'm not quite there yet but close) and I honestly don't want to invest in a bunch of new ink pads. But if SU offered unmounted rubber as an option, I'd be fine, because I see advantages to both wood and unmounted.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2009, 03:18 PM   #196  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

i know that demos can't give details BUT can you say if there are any new embossing folders?

Ok i am NOT a demo, BUT i did get to see the book.. they have 6 embosslit dies (2 being new).. 3 embossing folders (2 being new).. 3 texturz plate sets?? 1 being new.. 4 new sizzlet dies.. 1 new medium sizzliet die,., 4 new bigz dies.. 1 new bigz clear die... 7 new bigz xl dies .. the magnetic movers & shapers.. THOSE look great!! .. 2 new orginal dies

and i have to say i love some of the DP for sure!!!

and the halloween sets i LOVE LOVE LOVE.. I cant wait to be able to place an order!!!

The set up of this cattie is very nice i love the color schemes they used..

so now will I be in the "cattie" house for seeing it?? Hey I gotta love my demo she let me sneak the peek ya know..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2009, 03:27 PM   #197  
Stampin' Fool

Can a demo tell us when SU it going to start shipping your customer catalogs to you?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2009, 03:31 PM   #198  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

They should start shipping to us June 17.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2009, 03:44 PM   #199  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

... thats all i will say
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2009, 03:55 PM   #200  
scrapperazzi

Quote:

Hi Jodi: Normally, dye inks which are the SU Classic ink don't "stick" to the polymer/acrylic stamps. They puddle on the surface and that's a lot of the reason people don't like clear stamps. Have you tried SU craft (pigment) inks with the PTI stamps? They are thicker and different formulation. I only have the SU Craft White, and I use it with the clear stamps no problem. Another hint would be just to "kiss" the paper lightly with the inked clear stamp. If you press too hard, such as you mmany, many other clear stamps, and never have a problem stamping with them.

I used to be a SU demo, but I like way too many other stamps, products, inks, and accessories that are available to stick with one company. I still use their paper and their inks, though....

Sharon
Sharon, I was using the PTI ink with their stamps, wouldn't that work? they are hybrids. I also don't like that you can't get a crisp look with the craft ink. The look isn't the same, (as in it isn't all jagged from running ink) it looks like the ink is on either side of the stamp and leaves an empty line right where the stamp is.

Again, the image results aren't as good(for me) and I have wasted more paper than I care to admit too, so I won't use them. If SU goes clear, I will be done.

eta:I know I am not the only one with this problem. I have received PTI stamped images in a swap and the images just aren't crisp. I don't know how to explain them exactly but I know what the image is supposed to look like and I am pretty sure the mush at the side of the image wasn't on there previously. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes