Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-17-2006, 09:36 PM   #121  
clean and krafty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

Originally Posted by MazG
The demos on this board and elsewhere that are offering to show it to their customers are in breach of their demo agreement. That's up to them but the majority of demos are much more responsible and are not willing to risk losing their demo status.
It is only breach of our demo aggreement to pass it along through an electronic link, email, or whatever other interenet lingo you can think of.

It IS ok to share if someone is in your home, or you have the hard copy in your hot little hands!

And please, feel free to correct me if I am wrong, because I would not be interested in losing my demoship over it! JulieHRR???

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2006, 09:20 AM   #122  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampaholic17
I didn't realize I would be requesting something special from my demo if I call her. It's just that I don't always get a copy of the latest mini in the mail from her (she's not that active) so I don't want to miss out. Does anyone know when the demos are allowed to start sending out copies? Thanks!
I believe we are just waiting for SU to send them out... i just did my customer selector ( cost me some money though LoL)
so they should be sending out in a few weeks...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2006, 09:23 AM   #123  
Die Cut Diva

It just depends, sometimes I order them through the customer selector or I order a pack of them and send them out personally ( or hand deliver )
They cant be ordered from until december 1, so they will probably be mailing out and arriving around the second or third week of november... if you ask your demo she maybe able to give you a better idea....
I knwo the waiting game stinks, I am one of those demo's that avoids looking at the minis as long as possible ( like till the week before my demo copy arrives ) I like to be surprised too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2006, 09:46 AM   #124  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by willosmama
It is only breach of our demo aggreement to pass it along through an electronic link, email, or whatever other interenet lingo you can think of.

It IS ok to share if someone is in your home, or you have the hard copy in your hot little hands!

And please, feel free to correct me if I am wrong, because I would not be interested in losing my demoship over it! JulieHRR???
It was my understanding when I called DS for clarification the last time this arose:

The Winter Mini, whether in PDF/elecronic format or hard copy format, is protected by copyright. By law, only SU! can determine its distribution.

SU! does not approve of/permit demonstrators transmitting the PDF document via email, nor posting the PDF document on a public e-board as an attachment, period.

Demonstrators may not print out the Winter Mini PDF and distribute it, nor may they mechanically reproduce the hard copy of the Winter Mini and distribute it.

Demonstrators may not post a link, on a public e-board, to the demonstrator advance preview of the Winter Mini PDF.

Demonstrators may post links, on public e-boards, to the Winter Mini at SU!'s home site, when it is released to the public there.

Demonstrators may not divulge their password and access code information to the demonstrator area of the SU! site to others for any purpose, including access to the Winter Mini PDF. (privacy laws for the protection of consumers)

A demonstrator may show the PDF downloaded onto her home computer to her own customers present. A demonstrator may show her advance hard copy of the Winter Mini to others if she desires, as long as it follows the above guidelines, of course.

Demonstrators are not "forbidden" to verbally describe or otherwise discuss the contents of the Winter Mini.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2006, 11:14 AM   #125  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
A demonstrator may show the PDF downloaded onto her home computer to her own customers present. A demonstrator may show her advance hard copy of the Winter Mini to others if she desires, as long as it follows the above guidelines, of course.

Demonstrators are not "forbidden" to verbally describe or otherwise discuss the contents of the Winter Mini.
That is what I do!! I NEVER PRINT it or give the link out or send it as a PDF file to ANYONE!! I leave it up on my computer and my customers can go through it as they please!!
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2006, 11:44 AM   #126  
Mad Swapper

So what about those of us who is using a long distance demo and not a local one. Guess we're just plain out of luck until the mini ships or are put online.

Yes I could sign up as a demo, but I don't have to money to support that kind of spending nor do I wish to be tied down with just one company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2006, 11:44 AM   #127  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR

Thanks so much, this is how I was understanding it also.

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2006, 11:07 AM   #128  
Inking Addict

I saw it yesterday at the Reno regional. I was excited about the new tag punch. Now we can layer them, very cool.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2006, 01:25 PM   #129  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm not a demo and I just absolutely HATE not getting to see these things when 'you guy's get to, but I guess that's the deal and I will live with it. And there have been a few other threads on the site talking about the mini and for us non-demos, I would really love it if that kind of talk stayed on the demo side so I can stop crying at work and asking why, why, why not me??? But I think we are all missing the big picture here. SOMEONE IS TELLING JULIEHRR THAT SHE CAN'T BUY EVERYTHING SHE WANTS OUT OF THE CATALOGS. Now I for one have 'stolen' many ideas from this JulieHRR and how will I ever get better if she can't have everything that she wants and deserves. is it your bank telling you you can't have everything, because they are just wrong!!! Is it a husband or other male figure in your life? Well, he's wrong too. We must STOP THIS MADNESS right now!!! I say we start a petition for "Let JulieHRR buy what she wants". And demos and non-demos can join my little club!!! Mary (yes this is a hijack but its a fun one so its allowed - I'm sure!!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2006, 01:43 PM   #130  
Glitter Guru

We hear the same thing every time a new mini catalog comes out.I know there is a lot of newbies here.But it is up to thiwer demos and friends to pass the word on about this each time a new mini comes out so there is no contraversy every time 1 does come out.

I agree it's nice to hear what's inside.But LIKE i SAID EARLIER.pICTURES WILL BE POSTED Sooner than you ladies realize in the gallery here.to view.well before we even get our catalogs.
Reply With Quote Likes