Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-16-2006, 06:03 AM   #1  
Forum Fanatic

Location: Oil...Hot Pan...Gordon Ramsay sexiest man alive...Done.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why are you happy? Best Blossoms up for grabs!!

So, my kids have all been sick for the last few weeks, but today, everyone is finally getting better!! The sun is shining, my Spring mini sets came yesterday, the snow is almost all melted, the baby is napping...I am just so happy!!

So, tell me why you are happy and/or thankful and I will pick a winner to receive my extra Best Blossoms SAB set.

So, let's hear why you are so stinkin' happy!!!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 06:05 AM   #2  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am married to a great guy who totally supports my SU business.
I have a wonderful son who I waited a long time to have-being a Mommy rules!
and...Our paperwork for our next adoption will be sent to Korea this week-so we are finally on the road (and not just waiting at the bus stop) for our second adoption.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 06:12 AM   #3  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at 100% chance of being in a wheelchair without surgery and a 50% chance or better with surgery. Had no choice but to have the surgery and was at peace prior and ready for what ever the results. The surgery went great and no wheelchair. Lost 50% of head movement but still no wheelchair. The Lord is good. Great husband who took care of me. Great friends. Wonderful family. Life can always be worse and we should always remember that someone else is always worse off then we are. I hope you have a great day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 06:13 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Well first off~~ I'm glad to here your kiddos are feeling better!

I'm happy because today it is going to be near 70 degrees (although we are expecting high winds and possible thunderstorms later, it is still going to be near 70 in the middle of Feb.), and yesterday I got my demo kit and all the stamps are CUT AND MOUNTED!!!!!! That was my V'day present from my DH.

and did I mention it is going to be near 70 degrees today?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 06:17 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by camsmom
I am married to a great guy who totally supports my SU business.
I have a wonderful son who I waited a long time to have-being a Mommy rules!
and...Our paperwork for our next adoption will be sent to Korea this week-so we are finally on the road (and not just waiting at the bus stop) for our second adoption.
This is so awesome!!!!! Congrats to you!!!! Keep us posted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 06:23 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

I got a FULL EIGHT HOURS sleep last night!!!!!!!
Baby's cough and cold is getting better!!!!!!!
Baby is finally nursing better again!!!!!
Three year old woke up dry this morning!!!!!
Three year old has had no tantrums so far today!!!!!!
Six year old is happily doing his math work this morning!!!!!!
I am feeling like a new woman today ... amazing what a full night's sleep and happy, cooperative children can do for a person's outlook on life!

(I really am feeling almost giddy this morning that I got so much sleep last night. This has been a bummer of a week ... what a blessing to wake up to so many GOOD things this morning!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 06:23 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkitten
I was at 100% chance of being in a wheelchair without surgery and a 50% chance or better with surgery. Had no choice but to have the surgery and was at peace prior and ready for what ever the results. The surgery went great and no wheelchair. Lost 50% of head movement but still no wheelchair. The Lord is good. Great husband who took care of me. Great friends. Wonderful family. Life can always be worse and we should always remember that someone else is always worse off then we are. I hope you have a great day.
This is amazing!!! You are right the Lord is good! Glad you are feeling better!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 06:23 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 1,411 Likes on 707 Posts
Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by clognmom
I'm happy because today it is going to be near 70 degrees...............

and did I mention it is going to be near 70 degrees today?

Oh my, we are having a blizzard here, LOL!

It really is a wonderful feeling when the kids are feeling better isn't it?

I'm thankful for my DH and little girls! DH has been wonderfully supportive through a rough time in life for me, watching my Mom decline rapidly with Dementia. Now Dad has his own health problems. DH stands by, taking care of the kids as needed, boosting my morale and generally being there for my Dad too! I couldn't have done it without him. And my little girls remind me to keep myself healthy and happy and not get too bogged down in all this!

Now, I have tears in my eyes, so I'd better go grab a Kleenex!

BTW, I already have Best Blossoms, so please don't draw my name!! Just wanted to add what I'm thankful for because it's good to remind ourselves of these things!
Old 02-16-2006, 06:25 AM   #9  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm happy because I am FLYING (Finally Loving Myself)...check out our FlyBaby thread here on SCS! Being a naturally unorganized, absent-minded, easily distracted person, I had richoceted through life. Everything needed to be done yesterday and the house was being filled with containers in a effort to organize and control the ever-expanding clutter.

Then I heard about Fly Lady and read her book, Sink Reflections....it's all about regaining control of your life and finding that peace that we're all looking for by getting rid of the clutter in our lives (physical clutter, mental clutter and body clutter!).

Through small changes, known as baby steps, and regular tasks, rountines, I have come to a wonderful place - peace in my own home! I have time to stamp because messes that used to keep me side-tracked are no longer there to bug me! And I can find what I need when I need it (most times ;) ) -- "stuff" no longer keeps me distracted from enjoying my stamping habit.....and my stamp room doesn't scare me just to look at it!

Do I still struggle with the Clutter Monster? Yes, but I know that baby steps and rountines will beat the monster into submission. So that's why I'm happy - I'm a FlyBaby!

Susy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 06:25 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:

Originally Posted by seewah
I got a FULL EIGHT HOURS sleep last night!!!!!!!
Baby's cough and cold is getting better!!!!!!!
Baby is finally nursing better again!!!!!
Three year old woke up dry this morning!!!!!
Three year old has had no tantrums so far today!!!!!!
Six year old is happily doing his math work this morning!!!!!!
I am feeling like a new woman today ... amazing what a full night's sleep and happy, cooperative children can do for a person's outlook on life!

(I really am feeling almost giddy this morning that I got so much sleep last night. This has been a bummer of a week ... what a blessing to wake up to so many GOOD things this morning!)
That's wonderful! DD slept pretty good here too...got up once and DH went in to tell her to go back to sleep....and get this...SHE DID!! And it's a snow day today so we got to sleep in!! Wohoo!

STAMP AWAY GIRL!!
Old 02-16-2006, 06:26 AM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Default Glad to hear that all is well and you are happy!

Why am I happy today? Number one, I am still alive!

I spent yesterday afternoon and evening with friends. We laughed, talked and had fun. This gave my husband and son bonding time.

Today I woke up with a smile on my face and joy in my heart.

Ps. I don't need the set because I am getting it in the mail next week!!

Last edited by Kath; 02-16-2006 at 07:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 06:26 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boss
I'm happy because I am FLYING (Finally Loving Myself)...check out our FlyBaby thread here on SCS! Being a naturally unorganized, absent-minded, easily distracted person, I had richoceted through life. Everything needed to be done yesterday and the house was being filled with containers in a effort to organize and control the ever-expanding clutter.

Then I heard about Fly Lady and read her book, Sink Reflections....it's all about regaining control of your life and finding that peace that we're all looking for by getting rid of the clutter in our lives (physical clutter, mental clutter and body clutter!).

Through small changes, known as baby steps, and regular tasks, rountines, I have come to a wonderful place - peace in my own home! I have time to stamp because messes that used to keep me side-tracked are no longer there to bug me! And I can find what I need when I need it (most times ;) ) -- "stuff" no longer keeps me distracted from enjoying my stamping habit.....and my stamp room doesn't scare me just to look at it!

Do I still struggle with the Clutter Monster? Yes, but I know that baby steps and rountines will beat the monster into submission. So that's why I'm happy - I'm a FlyBaby!

Susy

HI Susay....***waving****! I'm thankful to be flying too! It has really saved the day during this time of my life also! FLY HIGH!
Old 02-16-2006, 06:28 AM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not sure EXACTLY why I am happy....for me it beats the alternatives. My thinking is that if I am happy and nice, people will only have nice things to say at my viewing/funeral some day. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 06:57 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

Yesterday I got a call from the er. My husband was having chest & arm pains. Thank goodness his heart is fine. I love my hubby dearly & could not ask for a better hubby! I have two beautiful childern. Gril 8 & boy 6. I still look at them every day, I can't beleive I really am a Mom!! Even though I am the one sick today I couldn't ask for a beeter life. Life is GOOD!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 06:59 AM   #15  
Gabfest Goddess

LOL DH and I were just talking about this

I am happy because I have a wonderful husband, a fantastic DD who amazes me everyday. I have a roof over my head, cars to drive and people who love and care about me. I can walk! (Had my hip replaced at 17!) I know who I am and I take pride in my own accompishments. I don't need someone or something else in my life to look to for happiness. You are as happy as you let yourself be!

(I don't need the set either, but you know that ) Just trying to remind myself of all the good things in life! Waking up with a headache kinda puts you in a down mood to start off the day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 07:09 AM   #16  
Crimping Master

I am happy because I am expecting my first child and I feel like it is a miracle baby of sorts. I am happy because we moved this monday and our hosue is finally starting to come together and we can set up a nursery and own space for the baby. I am happy because I have a wonderful spouse who supports me and is there for me no matter what. Even through my pregnancy hormones! I am happy that we have food on the table and that we are doing everything we can to provide the most loving and stable enviroment for our child. I am happy for a happy family and great friends and I am especially happy b/c one of my closest friends had a lump removed from her breast on Tuesday and just got the call that it was benign! Today and most days are pretty great!

I now have a gallery!! www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/miss_missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 07:12 AM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm happy because. . .

I have a fiance who understands me. When I'm sad, he knows what to do to make me laugh. He doesn't always know why I'm so excited about stamping supplies, but will patiently look at every card I've made and sometimes "steal" one if he likes it. We both love our cats and when one was sick over the New Year, we cried in each other's arms. (Kitty is now all better.) He is such a sweetie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 07:26 AM   #18  
Inking Addict

I am happy because God blessed my husband and I with a new baby boy! I am also happy because I have been saving money to purchase the kit to become a SU demonstrator, and I am going to get to order it on Saturday! I am a college student, who is also taking care of a baby, while my husband works like crazy to get us the little that we have. We are both working really hard and trying to do what is right, and someday it will pay off! What can I not be happy about? We are all safe and healthy, and we have great families that support us throughout all of it.

Leigh

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous.
It is to deciede forever to have your heart
go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

Last edited by Stampincrazyleigh; 02-16-2006 at 08:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 07:30 AM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

I have a few friends going through divorce. It has really made me appreciate my husband. He treats me so good. He would never say any of the hurtful things I hear from others, he wants to spend time with me yet he would never tell me not to spend time alone or with my friends. He loves me just the way I am an makes me feel beautiful even though I know I'm fat, lol!

I have a good job, a nice house, a good car. I am happy with what I have. I am a happy person in general, but I couldn't find anything wrong with my life if I wanted to!

Plus, I live in Texas! Today it is supposed to be almost 80, it is a little cloudy and windy, but a lovely day! I just got back from a nice brisk walk and feel great!

SAHM to Taryn 1/23/07 & Alaina 8/30/08
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 07:34 AM   #20  
Inking Addict

It looks like we all have a lot to be thankful for!

Leigh

Last edited by Stampincrazyleigh; 02-16-2006 at 08:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 07:35 AM   #21  
Mad Swapper

I just finished my research paper on phonemic awareness training. I have been struggling with it for a couple of weeks, it was due today, and I was so afraid I wasn't going to get it finished in time but I did!! I'm so excited, it's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders!! yippee!!

AND just to make things even better, I am a brand new demo, and I was planning on having my first workshop this weekend, but so many people wanted to come, but not too many were able to come at the same time, so I had to make it a "come and go" so I will be teaching all day in shifts. Time consuming, but it promises to make my first workshop sales an enormous success. Everybody I have spoken to has said they wanted to buy this set, and that set, and this set too...the response has been tremendous!! I'm soooo excited!!

Becky
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 07:57 AM   #22  
Rubber Obsessor

Default I'm Happy because I woke up this morning....

ok, I do that every morning, but it's just a blessing every day. I have a great famly, good job (most of the time) and wonderful friends. I have a kitty who loves me even when I go away (so long as I come back a feed her on a regular basis) and a stamping community who inspires me constantly. I'm also lucky enough to be able to purchase the stamps/stuff I really want and even manage to use some of them once in a while.

(I already have Best Blossoms coming so I don't need it, but every once in awhile I DO need to remind myself life really IS good!) Thanks for making me remember that I am basically a happy person.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 08:12 AM   #23  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am happy because.....
All I ever wanted to be was a wife and mother (my own was not so good :( ) and that is what I am. I love a being a homemaker and my daghter is the joy and light in my life. I was God's plan for us to only have one child but He allowed me to a second mother to mnay other children. I have done daycare for over 20 years and have no thoughts on retireing. I watched one child for 14 years and she consideres me to be one of her best friends! That is the best compliment. I have a job I love, I have been blest with wonderful friends and people say I have a very postive outlook on life. I wish my marriage was better but I learned long ago, to control what I can and let the rest go. I can not contol others but I can control my reaction/responses to life's disappointments and frustrations. I try to focus on what's postive, solve problems to the best of my abliity and give my self some persoanl time as much as possible with my card making. And that is what makes me HAPPY!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 08:13 AM   #24  
Rubber Obsessor

I am happy because it is a snow day and I get a day to rest up, plan for my summer wedding, and get some excercise shoveling snow. I am happy because I know that when my fiance gets home from work tonight I will have someone who is excited to see me and will watch survivor with me. I am also happy that he is willing to take a trip to the cities this weekend, even though he knows it will involve lots of shopping and wedding planning.

Amber's Cards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 08:31 AM   #25  
Watercolor Wizard

I am happy because Mom is having a good week this week. She is in week 2 after chemo. Week 1 after chemo is pure hell.... week 2 is good. Week 3 she is normally back to her cheery self, and then we do it all over again.

I am blessed because as much as we hate the chemo effects, I still have my Mom. Without the chemo, she would be in her final weeks. With the chemo we have the outside chance of spending one more Christmas with her.

Now, please do not put me in the drawing for Best Blossoms. Got it and all the other SAB sets. Just wanted to say why I am happy today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 08:36 AM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Usually I just enjoy reading everyones responses to these types of questions...but today I have an answer to share.

It has been about 10 years since I spoke to my best friend Jenny from high school. Ten years ago we made the mistake of trying to be roomates...well that didn't workout and there were lots of bridges burned. Over the past 10 years we would see each other but neither of us were ready to put the past behind us. So the years just kept going by...

About two weeks ago I was reading through some old articles online from our local newspaper, and a came across her younger sisters obituary. She had passed away at the age of 24 from a rare stomach cancer. It broke my heart to know that her sister had passed and that I was not there for my best friend like I should have been. So I wiped the tears from my eyes and picked up the phone and called my friend. No one was home so I left a message telling her that I was sorry that so much time had passed and that I would really like to talk to her again. About 5 days passed and no return call, and I started to become settle with the idea that maybe she was not ready, or did not want to be friends.

It was Friday afternoon and the phone rang...it was her!!!! We talked for almost two hours...it was like we never stopped being friends. She apologized for not calling sooner. She said the day that I called her, her MIL passed away.
We made plans to have lunch earlier this week, I was nervous...but again it was like we had been friends forever. It was amazing to see how much we have in common...she is a scrapbooker too!

So that is why I am so happy!!! Thank you for letting me share my story

If by some chance you pick my story, I will be giving the stamp set to my friend Jenny...because after all she is the reason I am so happy!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 08:52 AM   #27  
Matboard Maniac

Hi,

Aside from being a mom to three wonderful boys, my husband and I are finally going to end our separation. We have been separated since April 2003. He has been living in the US and I have been back up here in Canada. We have struggled for close to three years and finally the end is in sight. We are just going to ride out the rest of the school year for my 2 oldest DS and then we are US bound again baby!!! Some days, I didn't think that there was much to be thankful for, especially trying to deal with the boys by myself. But I am now a much stronger person and I know that the three years of struggle was worth it for how much better our relationship is now than it was then!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 08:58 AM   #28  
Polyshrink Goddess

Why so happy?

My happiness comes from gratefulness..

Gratefulness to my DH. We've always been a two income home, and will always need to be. However, about six months ago, my work environment become one that was not mentally healthy for me anymore. Long story short, DH has given me the courage and the chance to strike out on my own and try to have my own business. Money has never been tighter, (I had no ideas dollar bill paper could stretch so far without ripping!) but he continues to encourage me to try and to stick with it.

He also makes the DDs' lunches for school everyday and last night stayed up to get the last load of laundry (my clothes!) hung up to dry. This is a good man, and I am so happy.

I'm happy for my two great DDs. They bring me humor and joy and a sense of self worth that I am so grateful for.

I'm happy for the responsibility and faith my church has placed in me. I was asked to take on a HUGE leadership position this year. It is one that will place great demands on my time and of my skills. I'm being challenged and stretched in ways that will make me a stronger professional, and a stronger person. Whew!

In addition, I'm happy because my birthday is this Sat!

Finally, I'm happy because they say we might get some freezing rain on Sat, and we haven't had any measurable precipitation in over 100 days.

Oh, and I'm really happy to have found SU and SCS!

Give our SCS Team a break...No uploads on Sundays!

Lions and tigers and my blog, oh my!

Visit my site here!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 09:09 AM   #29  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm happy because I have a new teenage puppy.

The recent death of my Boxer was devestating to me and I felt like I lost part of myself when he died. He was so much more than "just a dog." I live with recurring bouts of major depression. My love for Elwood was often the only thing that got me out of bed in the morning because he needed to be fed and watered. For over 9 years he was my constant companion.

I didn't intend to get a new dog right away. An acquaintance and friend of my best friend had an american bolldog they thought would be perfect for me. I mulled it over and realized it felt like God sent him to me, just like he did Elwood.

Elwood arrived here 3 days after my dad's funeral. Rosie came the day of my grandmother's funeral. I had told grama that I was going to name the dog after her. It was so funny when she said, wide-eyed, from her hospice bed, "You're going to call him Lois???" Actually I named him Rosevear - my grama's maiden name.

Rosie is a cute and silly looking dog. Imagine a bulldoggie face with an athletic, powerful body heavier than a boxer. At 8 months old he's already HUGE. He likes to eat, sleep, run, chew and play. He really is a puppy in a grown-up body. I'd forgotten what that was like!

I feel warm and fuzzy when he looks up at me with those droopy lidded brown eyes. I love when he gets into bed with me at night. I laugh when he barks at himself in the mirror.

I don't need the stamp set. I was generously gifted it by emilymomto3boys! I just wanted to tell you why I'm happy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 09:11 AM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm happy because . . .

DH got home last night
Laundry is done
House is clean
Kids are in school or playing nicely
I get to work on MIL's scrapbook that I haven't touched in 9+ mos. Her birthday is next month. I'd love to have both books done by then, but I'd be happy with one and it will be a tremendous load off my shoulders when I finish this.

The simple things.

I have the set, so don't include me in your decision.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 09:23 AM   #31  
Rubber Obsessor

i'm happy because both of my babies slept ALL night long!! translation = I slept all night long too! First time that they have both slept all night long on the same night!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 09:24 AM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am happy because I am so blessed by God! What else could I ask for?

I, too, already have this set....just wanted to share my happy thought!

Julie C.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 10:21 AM   #33  
Stampin' Fool

I am happy because:
This morning when I woke up I said thank you god for letting me wake up this morning. (I had a scary experience with prescription medicine last week)
My middle daughter who has been trying to get pregnant finally did!
My oldest daughter's family is finally all healthy after experiencing a trip to the er last week (same night I had scary experience)
My youngest daughter has a new baby and they are happy and healthy!
My husband is wonderful to me and does everything for me.
My daughters love me and I love them.
My oldest daughter and her husband are finally going to get a honeymoon after 5 years. He won a trip to the Daytona 500 for 4 days all expenses paid except for food! They don't ever get to go anywhere because he works all the time trying to provide for his family.
AND: I GET TO KEEP THE GRANDKIDS ALL WEEKEND WHILE THEY GO!!!!!
Thank you for letting me say why I'm happy. Too often we don't think about the good things only the bad things!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 10:27 AM   #34  
Gallery Gazer

Wow, something to really think about. I guess I take my happiness to much for granted.

Let's see here. I'm happy because I have a personal relationship with God. Because of that I wake up blessed each morning. I have a wonderful husband and a wonderful marriage. We have 3 beautiful children that are healthy and happy. Even our 18 yr. old! My dh works hard to give us what we need and want. I have a beautiful house with the most amazing scrapstudio. Hmmmm, oh, and I have some of the bestest friends a girl can ever ask for. So, that's why I'm happy.

marlo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 12:46 PM   #35  
Forum Fanatic

Location: Oil...Hot Pan...Gordon Ramsay sexiest man alive...Done.

These are all great!!! I will pick a winner tonight, so keep the happiness comin'!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 12:56 PM   #36  
Gallery Gazer

Hi everyone,
I'm so happy because I have a wonderful husband who never gets upset with me and encourages my hobbies. He survived colon cancer and is now 1 year cancer free. I have two wonderful kids and 3 fabulous grandchildren who are the lights of my life. They are 14, 13, and 6. They all play hockey so spend alot of time in arenas. I have such great friends who are always there when I need them and I also have a great family. And the biggest reason is that Jesus loves me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 03:32 PM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

What makes me happy?
Reading all the wonderful stories above. What a great way to counteract all the negativity we hear on the news day after day.
Having a personal faith in God.
Sharing my life with a most supportive husband - for nearly 49 years.
Knowing that life is good, most of the time, for our daughter, son, and grandkids.
Living in such a great country.
Being able to spend too much time here, sharing a bit of the lives and much of the talents of so many fellow SCSers.

Thanks for this thread!

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 03:39 PM   #38  
Gallery Gazer

Happy? You bet. We've finally had some sun after a dreary month of rain (10" in January). The sun always makes you happy! Then I'm happy 'cause I am blessed to have my family all live close to me. Not only do they live close but they all come to church with me as well. How can you not be happy when you know your family will be with you FOREVER!! Then there is that sweet 3 YO granddaughter who looks at me today after I gave her lunch and said "Gamma, I just love you!" Doesn't that just make your heart melt!! My health may not be good, my finances may not be the best, but the one who has family and they all love each other is blessed with happiness to overflowing!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 04:03 PM   #39  
Watercolor Wizard

I'm happy because I have another reason to stamp! I joined the RAK club and am now part of the newbie welcoming committee! I made a NY resolution to be nicer to people (mainly because I work in a county jail and some of the stuff people do to other people makes my skin crawl)... the RAK newbie welcomes is going to help me keep a positive outlook and spread the joy!!!! I guess I don't have a reason NOT to be happy so that is why I am happy!

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 04:22 PM   #40  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Skype™ to BadSherry

I'm happy because:
I have 2 beautiful daughter who do well in school and my oldest daughter is finally dealing with an illness that has plagued her for the last few years. I am happy that I finally had the opportunity the first of the year to start my own business and do what I really love - stamp and craft - and I get to do it out of my home, because my new addition also included a studio. I have great friends and a wonderful family. Don't need the stamps, already have them, but wanted to share.
Reply With Quote Likes