Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2010, 01:21 PM   #361  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well guess what I just did ;)
I signed up ;)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by creatingisfunView Post
well guess what I just did ;)
I signed up ;)
WHOOO HOOOO! good for you!!!

let us know if we can help, encourage, support you in any way!!
Stazon Splitcoast

thank you amber
Matboard Maniac

Great MARTHA you joined up as a consultant hope you visit us and maybe share some of your experiences and creativity by using the CTMH product offerings . I am sure you will make new friends here and have fun with your new kit when it arrives.

I dont know but on some occations this thread seems to disapear in Phantom land where that is i dont know?? , but if a last post is only 2 hours ago surely it should be in page 1or 2 in the forum thread listing stamping chat. Like i said it seems to disapear too often any one else having problams finding this thread in future just tap in SEARCH CTMH it should come up in their.

Amber nice to see you are back

Have a nice evening
Andrew.
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking woohoo

Way To Go Martha! I'm sure you'll enjoy! :mrgreen:

I've got more "You Rock" pages to share with you! I'm so glad I ordered that paper after all! I'll be back w/ photos

To find this thread, I just go to the left of the screen under "In the Forums" and click "My Subscriptions". Once you post in a thread, it goes on that list so the thread comes up
Stazon Splitcoast

just waiting for approval and email to tell me my stuff is shipping lol.
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I started with Close To My Heart Stamps, expirimented with lots of diff product throughout the years, and have come back full circle to using CTMH product. It is high quality! Their stamps are the best out there and I love the inks and blocks. My only wish is that they offered solid cardstock without the white core!
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Pages!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post

I've got more "You Rock" pages to share with you! I'm so glad I ordered that paper after all! I'll be back w/ photos
Here's my pages:

You're Awesome!

I used the Create-A-Shade Pearl Paint w/ my stamps and then stamped my title over it. IRL it looks good, just hard to tell in the pict! Fun! Fun!

Also, this sketch is from Imagine, it's called Monologue. It was Suz's first Scrap Challenge. I didn't link my page to her blog because it was last month but I just wanted to mention .... :p
Stazon Splitcoast

what fun pages, that is one of the stamp sets i really want to get
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew overtonView Post
Last month i said i would like to start posting on thiS CTMH thread a regular slot on cardmaking layouts featuring colours and card instructions but with a twist you dont see a pictorial guide to copy from.
last month Cindy and Lela both posted in the gallery many thanks for your creations are you ready for another card Layout, then here goes.

6x6 CTMH colonial white cardstock prescored to make the card base
5 1/4 x 4 Garden Green panel
4 1/2 x 3 1/2 Cocoa panel
4 x 3 colonial White panel sponge the edges of this panel lightly with cocoa ink
Accent your main focal point image with a little liquid glass when stampin on the panel above.

use Cocoa And Garden Green ink only, and use any CTMH stamp set of your choice.
Use cocoa and colonial white ribbon and any 3 brads to embellish the card.
Make sure some random stampin is done on the colonial white base card this could be with the cocoa or garden Green or a mix of both colours , use a small stamp for this.
Simply follow the size layers and PLEASE post your creations in the galleries CTMH or members galeries and post a link from this thread to show your creations.
Have fun
Regards Andrew
Good Morning All -

I FINALLY got Andrew's Challenge done! I put it into the CTMH gallery and you can find the card here. Hope this link works....

What a great challenge. The random stamping was the hardest for me as I didn't want to take away from the image. I used one of the leaves and the circle from Life's Delights to mimic the sunflower and it's center. I think I got all of the elements...Whew :o)

Keep the challenges coming Andrew...

Congrats to those who signed up....you will love being a CTMH Consultant!

Have a great day everyone.
www.cindyleek.myctmh.com
"Never look back unless you are planning to go that way." Thoreau
SCS RAK Coordinator

Love ctmh, (clear stamps + clear blocks= awesome!!!). Glad to see some CTMH activity where I can see it! I have often considered becoming a consultant JUST to get on the discussion boards at the ctmh corporate site. I love scs but just not enough ctmh!

I look at some of the SU stamper studios and see the walls of stamps... I'm so glad I found ctmh first! My dh has no idea how many sets I have... Hee hee!!!
Stazon Splitcoast

oh I know, scary if my hubby were to find out, how many stamps I have lol
Stazon Splitcoast

how long does it usually take to know if u were approved?
Matboard Maniac

Well good evening or whatever time of day or night when you read this thread, i have just had alook in the gallery at CINDYS card and lovely, thanks for creating the card format challenge so glad you enjoy these card layouts. I do hope some more of our CTMH community friends who post on this thread will think about giving it a try.

we have some new people who post on here welcome to this our hopefully interesting and enjoyable CTMH thread, when i decided to start the thread little over two months ago i wanted to try to bring together people who love CLOSE TO MY HEART. i wanted people to care and share about what they love and make from the heart and i think we are all doing just that.
Their have been some new people who have decided they want to become CTMH consultants about five i think have done just that i really do hope you have much fun and love what you are creating and sharing with like minded people, Thats what creativity is all about , to those who have decided to become a CTMH new Consultant i hope you will,be very happy. Im sure besides maybe the supplementing of your crafting hobby, you have the option to take it to what level you want without been pushed around, or driven in a frenzy with hard fast rules which i know CTMH dont push, they like you to be succesful in all what YOU personally wish to do.
To those who have joined CTMH please share your journey with us and your creativity too, once you find the time to put together something, it helps to keep this thread going and keep the hopeful continual interest here.
thankyou
Andrew
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
Here's my pages:

You're Awesome!

I used the Create-A-Shade Pearl Paint w/ my stamps and then stamped my title over it. IRL it looks good, just hard to tell in the pict! Fun! Fun!

Also, this sketch is from Imagine, it's called Monologue. It was Suz's first Scrap Challenge. I didn't link my page to her blog because it was last month but I just wanted to mention .... :p
You can still link it! There is no time frame to get each challenge done.

Suz
http://www.suzastampin.com
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

how long does it usually take to know if u were approved?
Usually only a day and some times it can be instant. If you haven't received your welcome email, try signing in using the username & password you chose during sign up. If you haven't heard by tomorrow, I suggest having your upline call just to make sure everything went through ok.

Suz
Stazon Splitcoast

oh yes I did get the email already, so happy ;)
Matboard Maniac

Just wanted to let everyone that is planning to put a ctmh order in for the textured cardstock packs that are buy one get one free they have run out of Winter Cozy and I suggest that you put your order in soon as I don't know how much quantity they have of the other colors..
Sandy
Stazon Splitcoast

Im hoping I can order some soon.
Polyshrink Goddess

I just uploaded my card and scrap challenges to my blog
http://suzastampin.blogspot.com

Suz
www.suzastampin.com
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking yup!

Quote:

what fun pages, that is one of the stamp sets i really want to get
You'll like them I think! These weren't on my first list but I've used the stamps and the "You Rock" paper alot more than I thought I would...it's been alot of fun! :mrgreen:
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Sharing!

Here's my page for the Inspiration Challenge last week.... IFC65

Every Day Life

You'll recognize this as it's an almost identical scraplift out of the Autumn/Winter 2009 Catalog :mrgreen:
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiffguamView Post
I started with Close To My Heart Stamps, expirimented with lots of diff product throughout the years, and have come back full circle to using CTMH product. It is high quality! Their stamps are the best out there and I love the inks and blocks. My only wish is that they offered solid cardstock without the white core!
Hi Tiffany and fellow CTMH'ers. I've been a consultant for the last several years now and am still a fan. I do agree with you Tiff and would like to see an option for solid cardstock as well as designer cardstock too (meaning just a heavier weight cardstock with a pattern).

-Katie
Matboard Maniac

Hello Katie glad you popped in maybe you could share what you love about CLOSE TO MY HEART a you say you are a consultant too. Also Tiffany and yourself bring up about the white core cardstock which a few have mentioned on here in the past. I initially would have prefered a all solid dyed completely through cardstock and a tad more heavier in weight of the CTMH cardstock, but i would just like to list the advantages of having a white core cardstock.

White Core Cardstock.
there are more advantages of having a white core than disadvantages these are my personal opinions through my experience of using White Core Cardstock.

It is actually more expensive a process and produce a white core and the surface is buffered which gives the card a slight sheen and protective surface so not to attract dirt as easily .

The cardstock of CTMH is acid and lignen free so an excellent choice for the scrapbooker or memory album maker to preserve memories for decades to come.

You can do many distressing techniques which show the white core through when distressing with tools and edgers, or paper tearing rulers and decorative scissors with deep detailed edges to them.

You can do lined gridwork and this is achieved, with an embossing tool in variable ball tip sizes available on the market, take it one step further and you can lightly sand the surface, to bring out the white core to show through your gridwork.

You can manually tear the edges of the cardstock and leave the edge white for some accent, or simply sponge or drag your inkpad onto the torn edges, or for a softer colouration pick up a stipple brush and pounce the edges carefully.

The white core of CTMH is also an advantage when cutting with any manfacturers cutting system ie paper trimmers guilatines, decorative edged blades to attach or change on a rotary system. The benefits because the CTMH cardstock is lighter mans your BLADES DONT BLUNT OUT as quick as thicker cardstock giving you more prolonged life of your cutting blades.

CTMH white core cardstock is also an advantage for layering those cards of variable designs , because when you make a card and have multiple layers with CTMH cardstock. If the cardstock used for layering is heavy , eventually when a card is stood upright, it can slide flat and not stay in a perminant upright position.

For some people having the option of white core is a boon , to simply iradicate the white core edges when you dont want the white core edge showing, example for layers on cards, simply choose a ink colour the same as the colour of the cardstock. If using CTMH inkpads or if you dont have the near perfect match ink colour, choose a similar colour shade of ink to the cards colour, this will cover up the white area around the card layers or edges.

White core stencilling can be achieved by simply tracing with a brass stencil or using a die cut machine die and then simply sand gently over the raised surface of the previously stencilled design image of your choice .The white core surface will start to show through, sand as much or as little for your projects.

Using white core cardstock to make project panel layers, this is simply CTMH cardstock of any specific colour chosen and cut to a desired size all the same and used for bulk cardmaking or panels cut the same size for the memory album or scrabbook. Each edges are simply lightly sanded to give the panels a white frame around all four edges of the cardstock.

In my opinion i think their are more advantages of using white core than disadventages the only few disadvantages personally i can think are the following.

Cardstock weight is not as heavy to make base cards single folded type or shaped cards.

You cannot do bleaching techiniques on any buffered white core cardstock, the dye wont bleach out due to the protective surface involved when manfactured called buffer coating.

when using for cardmaking and you dont want a white edge, this is sometimes the disadvantage the majority of people dont like because each of the cards edges show a slight visible edge of white once cut. To simply solve this disadvantage dye the edges with any dye based ink of your choice.

Hopefully anyone new to white core or to those who have some slight niggles with the white core, the above may help you in your creativity. From the list given there are really more advantages than disadvantages with the white core cardstock than we think.

If anyone prefers a solid cardstock all dyed through, then their are many many manufacturers who supply this, but i guess CLOSE TO MY HEART have genuine specific reasons of producing a colour spectrum of cardstock which includes the white core properties and buffering processes in all their colour palettes available to date.

i hope the above information will be helpful .
Regards Andrew

Last edited by andrew overton; 02-18-2010 at 04:36 AM..
Pearl-ExPert

Martha.....I know you said you just signed up....how much was your starter kit, and what all did you choose? Were you able to choose your stamp sets, or do they come pre sellected for you? Were you able to pick out things on your own? What did you choose? Thanks for sharing!!
Glitter Queen

Smile

I would love to sign up under Andrew just because of his knowledge, wow, he really knows his stuff.
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen99View Post
Martha.....I know you said you just signed up....how much was your starter kit, and what all did you choose? Were you able to choose your stamp sets, or do they come pre sellected for you? Were you able to pick out things on your own? What did you choose? Thanks for sharing!!
$99 to sign up, but you dont get to pick the stamps you want, but its okay ;)
I want any ctmh stamps right now lol
and I did add the $50 card add on., the stamps on the add on are so cute.
Matboard Maniac

THANKS for the very kind words Imstampincrazy have you convinced your daughter to become a CTMH consultant?. i wish you could sign up under me but sadly i am a CTMH fan not a consultant and live in the UK but enjoy my passion for CTMH.

I forgot to say in post no 384 CTMH white core cardstock is the perfect choice for using with a die cutting machine simply for anyone who loves to use embossing folders and texture plates. Because CTMH cardstock is not thick and heavy it is the perfect choice to use in the diecutting system type machines manual or electric powered the card easily takes any impression rather than using heavier weight which dont emboss as deep an impression as CTMH white core does.

I have seen some nice examples of cards made with CTMH cardstock and these have been put through one of the variety of machines on the market.
Go wild with your white core and experiment with techniques which you never thought of trying before.
regards Andrew.
Stazon Splitcoast

i think white core would be perfect for dry embossing, it will look so nice.
Stazon Splitcoast

how do you guys store your stamps??
I dont have a big stamp room so need to find something that wont take up a lot of room
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen99View Post
Karen,
You can check out the kit in the catalog if you go to the main CTMH website
http://www.closetomyheart.com/en/Pro...Idea_Book.aspx then look at pages 106 & 107. It shows the main kit and also the two add on kits. HTH

Suz
http://www.suzastampin.com
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

I dont have a big stamp room so need to find something that wont take up a lot of room
Many people use the boxes that we sell just for stamp sets. Others use those $1 plastic crates found everywhere that hold cd's. I have a 3 drawer plastic bin that is suppose to go between a washer/dryer for storage... each drawer holds over 20 sets.

The dimensions of the stamp packages are 6.5x6.5.
Pearl-ExPert

Suz...THANK YOU so much!! I just looked at my catty...and you get alot of stuff!! And the card making add on, is a great value too!! When the time comes, I'll keep this in mind!! I wonder if they ever have demo sign on specials, where they give you more stamps or anything?
Stazon Splitcoast

its so kool hah!
Stazon Splitcoast

oh I just got my shipping notice!! oh yea. I get my lovely ctmh on monday
Rubber Obsessor

Martha,
My consultant kit is arriving Monday as well. Are you as excited as I am?! Can't wait!!
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking yes!

Quote:

I use the Storage Boxes CTMH sells... I like the way they stack and hold my stamp sets and I have them organized by type so I can quickly grab the box I want for the stamp type. ;)
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Pages!

Hi CTMH Fans,
Here are my pages for sharing tonight. I used sketches from CTMH Reflections book -- Front & Center-Space and Triple Play-Combination.
The paper is Animal Cookies

2010 Valentines
Stampin' Fool

I just received my cardstock from the two for one and my stamp of the month and shame on me, I haven't even looked at them. I did look at the wishes card book. Of course, I couldn't resist that. I made a card from some CTMH paper and the Making Memories slice. It's on my slice blog if anyone wants to see it. I'm waiting for the topstitch kit. It was shipped. I love CTMH's patterned paper.
Stampin' Fool

I just received my cardstock from the two for one and my stamp of the month and shame on me, I haven't even looked at them. I did look at the wishes card book. Of course, I couldn't resist that. I made a card from some CTMH paper and the Making Memories slice. It's on my slice blog if anyone wants to see it. I'm waiting for the topstitch kit. It was shipped. I love CTMH's patterned paper.