Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-18-2010, 07:47 PM   #41  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like Wonder Woman said...new techniques is a good starting point. When I do, I try to duplicate the sample as best I can. I know it's CASE'ing, but in this case, it's all about the technique and I'm doing the learning curve thing The next card is easier and I'm more able to be creative. One thing usually leads to another .... and off I go
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 03:26 PM   #42  
Insane Embellisher

I did a sketch of a layout i want to try while I was sitting waiting for my youngin to come out of school yesterday now to bring the notebook in out of the jeep and actually try it lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 05:04 PM   #43  
Polyshrink Goddess

It really varies with me. Usually I pick out my stamp first. But many times I have some new paper I just can't wait to use, so I pick a stamp to go with it. Other times I find a fun sketch on splitcoast or on someone's blog and I want to try that! I guess variety is the spice of life!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2010, 04:04 AM   #44  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraftMommView Post
Do you pick out your stamps first, your color scheme first, a particular person you are making it for, or just wing it?

I find i tend to pick the color scheme first and think i need to switch to the stamps first.
It depends with me, some times I will be desperate to try a new colour combination, or I have just brought a new stamp, some times it's the person I'm making the card for that dictates the style and colour but more often than not I will start out with one idea in my head and end up with some thing completely different.

It's that heady sensation of creating something that's pleasing to the eye although I can always see room for improvement.

Marg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2010, 09:27 AM   #45  
Embossing Fanatic

WOW! Thanks to Vicki for starting this thread!!! This has been great inspiration to me - thanks to everyone who posted their "process-es" y'all are such wonderful, sharing friends!

Cindi

Cindi
Psalm 18:28
my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2010, 02:28 PM   #46  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I keep saying I'm going to make up lots of cards so I can just pick one when needed, but it never seems to happen. Invariably, I realize at the last minute that I need a card for a specific person and start with what I think they will like: my mom's favourite paper, a theme I think would work (ie. masculine) or special occasion stamps (ie. birthday stamps), a technique I just saw on SCS and am dying to try, or, if I have no idea, I browse through my Card Confidence books or CTMH catalogues for something I like. I have a duotang with samples of all my inks, markers, stamps, embossing folders, etc and I will peruse it for a starting point as well. I recently did up a list of all the technique and CAS challenges I'd like to try and will probably use that for inspiration as well.

As for matching all the elements of the card, I find it works best for me to stick with one line and my favourite is CTMH. I have some other product and I can never figure out how to match it, so I will rarely buy anything else, no matter how cute or cheap. I do have a few stacks of other brands and tend to use them to make envelopes (I rarely do A2 sized ones so I usually have to make my own envies). I hate using my expensive CTMH paper for something like that and if I use the off-brand pattern on the inside of the envelope, I only have to make sure it doesn't clash.
Reply With Quote Likes