Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-15-2010, 03:14 PM   #121  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by meluvstampinView Post
I use it for background textures on cards, make little goodie bags as it is strong,
you can cover books and just about anything you want!

I do not know how well it would emboss though in a filder as it is already crinkly embossed. It is not a smooth paper.
Looks like it will work from the sample with the cute little halloween kids. The black paper looks like it's been embossed....I like how it's a bit more subtle than the embossed kraft...er...crumb cake (that's so hard to remember) background. Also kind of looks like it has been crumpled up them smoothed out....I'm not good at doing that "look" on my own:-) I hope it works as well in real life because I realllly like that card! Guess we will see!!!!!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 03:23 PM   #122  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi,

There are only a couple of things that i like in the Mini. I was really hoping for some new Hanukkah stamps - very disappointing.
Mom's Doll Shop: www.dollsofmydreams.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 08:00 PM   #123  

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
If I remember correctly there was a v-day set or two in the occasions mini that starts Jan 1, no? I'd expect to see a few in that one...the holiday mini is always heavy on the fall and Christmas....
I was thinking that there might be more Valentine's Day sets in the following mini, but that doesn't leave much time to receive them and create Valentine’s Day projects/cards with. KWIM?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 08:02 PM   #124  

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdtotn2010View Post
Hi,

There are only a couple of things that i like in the Mini. I was really hoping for some new Hanukkah stamps - very disappointing.
I saw a post (and maybe you did as well), but there is a carry over flyer and that had some Hanukkah sets in it. I think someone posted the link here in this thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2010, 03:43 AM   #125  

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLattyView Post
I was thinking that there might be more Valentine's Day sets in the following mini, but that doesn't leave much time to receive them and create Valentine�s Day projects/cards with. KWIM?
Yeah, I know that doesn't leave a lot of time! Not sure why they do it that way but the focus always seems to be fall and Christmas...which does make sense but why throw ONE set in there????:confused: I don't really get it either.....

BUT my checkbook is happy there aren't more:-)

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2010, 03:47 AM   #126  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I still haven't used the SU Valentine sets, I have bought in the past LOL

Then, there are all the christmas sets I have - does one really need all of them?

Of course, there are the "gasp" non Su sets I have
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2010, 04:31 AM   #127  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazorkayView Post

Then, there are all the christmas sets I have - does one really need all of them?

I've been re-organizing all my stamping stuff. I broke apart sets that had more than one holiday in them and put them with others of the same holiday. By the time I was done, it doesn't matter what I like from any company but I don't need ANYTHING else associated with Christmas. I seldom make Halloween stuff anymore and my kids do their own Valentines stuff (son doesn't do anything at all with it since it's "so not major" and my daughter doesn't want to use much of anything stamping-wise (can you imagine!)).

I actually liked very much in the mini, but I've always loved vintage. Someone pointed out that there were several things in the Tim Holtz syle, and well, I've already previously purchased Tim Holtz's stuff since it's been out for awhile. I'm glad to see that SU is finally seeing that there's a market for that style. Just took them too long to finally bring vintage since there were quite a few catalogs where you barely saw any after they did away with their Vintage section of the main catalog. Those that always liked that and Tim Holtz's styles just purchased elsewhere unless they were SUO diehards that never looked elsewhere for anything. Glad to see that SUO diehards can finally partake in those wonderful styles - they're wonderful styles to create with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2010, 04:33 AM   #128  

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazorkayView Post

You mean we are supposed to actually MAKE things with the stamps we buy????? :cool:

I try really hard but occasionally I get stuff that never sees ink....at least for a while....but.....I guess it's there just in case I should ever need it:-)

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2010, 04:39 AM   #129  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
You mean we are supposed to actually MAKE things with the stamps we buy????? :cool:

I try really hard but occasionally I get stuff that never sees ink....at least for a while....but.....I guess it's there just in case I should ever need it:-)
I know you're joking (any die-hard long time stamper has at least a few stamps that never seem to get inked up...). I've actually purchased some woodmounted stamps simply as decoration - like certain quotes that are incredibly inspiring to look at or some really cool design. They tend to be cheaper than some framed images of the same type (although smaller) but there's always the possiblity that they'll get inked up. Although there are a few that I love that someone would probrobably slap me if I put the quote on a card or never talk to me again (hey, maybe that "never talking to me again" thing isn't so bad for some of those people in my life!) Maybe some of those stamps will see ink afterall.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2010, 04:46 AM   #130  
Pearl-ExPert

I just saw the new mini yesterday (when I was signing back up! WOOHOO!). It is pretty honkin' heavy for a mini. That is one beefy little catty there, lol. I loved soooo much in it. However, I have to buy all new inks and paper (most of mine have been retired or I sold them (doh!)), so most of my funds are going to that. Grumble. Off to look for things that I'm not using anymore. gotta build my SU! fund.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2010, 05:44 AM   #131  
Compulsive Stamper

Arrow Paisley paper?

On page 11 there is a project with brown paisley paper...is that just been stamped with the brayer?? Or what. I cant find it anywhere.
BJM
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2010, 05:52 AM   #132  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJMarhefkaView Post
On page 11 there is a project with brown paisley paper...is that just been stamped with the brayer?? Or what. I cant find it anywhere.
BJM
I was thinking that was new DSP. NOw I will have to go have another look!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2010, 06:05 AM   #133  
Matboard Maniac

It is the new Paisley Party Wheel.
Chris
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2010, 06:18 AM   #134  
Compulsive Stamper

I can't believe it. I take a day off to go to an amusement park and BOOM! the mini gets posted. I am really excited about the letterpress option. My daughter LOVES letterpress. I have looked at the system they sell at Archiver's and wondered why you couldn't use a Big Shot. Can't wait to try it out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2010, 08:04 AM   #135  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by geogymnast82View Post
I know you're joking (any die-hard long time stamper has at least a few stamps that never seem to get inked up...). I've actually purchased some woodmounted stamps simply as decoration - like certain quotes that are incredibly inspiring to look at or some really cool design. They tend to be cheaper than some framed images of the same type (although smaller) but there's always the possiblity that they'll get inked up. Although there are a few that I love that someone would probrobably slap me if I put the quote on a card or never talk to me again (hey, maybe that "never talking to me again" thing isn't so bad for some of those people in my life!) Maybe some of those stamps will see ink afterall.
Maybe we need a catagorey for them in the Gallery!

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2010, 08:26 AM   #136  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by geogymnast82View Post
I bought a stamp that was on clearance at HL one time that says "What were YOU thinking?!" I have never actually USED it on a card but have certainly THOUGHT about it! I have a friend I could send this card to every day! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2010, 04:52 PM   #137  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by juttaView Post
Why didn't SU make the larger stamps available in the clear mount option? The largest block they sell would allow you to use it with a BG stamp. I would buy sooooo much more if what I wanted ere available in the clear mount! That bingo card and the Christmas collage one for starters.

Jutta
I have not mounted my last few backgrounds. I keep the paper on the back and just lay it on top of my cardstock and rub for even coverage. I found this works better for me than putting it on a wood or clear block, given the tendency of blank spots in the middle. I like this better than flipping my stamp over and laying the paper on top. It would be nice to have the option of the lower pricepoint and the slim storage box. Maybe next catalog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2010, 05:01 PM   #138  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzza111View Post
Oh, I am so glad you showed us this. Now, I don't have to worry about saving my money for the mini. I really didn't see anything in there I HAD to have; the Christmas critters (or whatever they are called) were the only set that interested me at all.

Wanda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2010, 05:57 PM   #139  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzza111View Post
Thanks!!

If any Canadian demo is willing to let me know the Cdn prices of a couple of items, please PM me. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Likes