Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-20-2006, 12:14 PM   #41  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few of you said you do RAK cards to keep going. I think that helps me too. Sort of makes the hobby, spending, etc worthwhile--doing something for someone else.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2006, 05:03 PM   #42  
Matboard Maniac

Here is the thing I have learned over the years. Artists tend to move laterally between art mediums. One year or two it will be painting another it will be stamping another it will become sculpting. If you find that you have exhausted your desire to stamp then look at other avenues to persue. Try the wonderfully helpful tips if it is truley a stamping block...but if you find the artist in you moving sideways to another medium explore it. Who knows?? You can always incorporate your stamps into other art mediums and thought processes. It is wonderful to learn and to grow while incorporating all that you have already learned.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2006, 05:35 PM   #43  
Rubber Obsessor

Well, my slump lasted for about 2 years. I decided to take up a new hobby as I couldn't find inspiration in what I was doing. It took a stamp convention and being overwhelmed by all the visual images to get me back up and wanting to play. Then i found SCS. I hope yours isn't as long as mine!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysmom
I have hit the biggest stamping slump.... Not sure if it's holiday related (certainly a busy time of year), or just a need to find a new hobby. How do you know??? I am so uninspired!! Please help!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 02:21 PM   #44  
Mad Swapper

Hey, Heather! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

I really do know what you are feeling right now ... I am going through the same thing. I am so tempted to sell off all my stamps (except my A Muse stash, of course!). I tried to make a Christmas card for my mom and dad and worked on it for almost an hour ... then threw it away. It was HORRID!!!

Not sure why this happens ... but it seems to happens to lots of us. I am hoping that the break I am taking right now will help me jump back in with renewed creativity. We'll see. It does scare me to walk into my stamp room with no creative juices flowing whatsoever. Ugh.

I have taken up beading and digi scrappin' and have a few books to read. I hope that my stampin' mojo will return soon. I am finding that I am still easily inspired by my A Muse images ... but the rest ... not so much inspiration there.

I have missed seeing your creations, Heather. I hope that you enjoy your time away and come back to your craft refreshed!

Hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 02:44 PM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysmom
I have hit the biggest stamping slump.... Not sure if it's holiday related (certainly a busy time of year), or just a need to find a new hobby. How do you know??? I am so uninspired!! Please help!!!!

just relax, you have talent totally oozing outta ya....take a little breather and get your post holiday life back in order then stamp to relax rather than stress about stampin'. Jan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2007, 06:54 AM   #46  
Die Cut Diva

WHAT?!?!?! I have your gallery and Yvette's in my Favorites and have been checking your gallery for weeks and have been so sad to see no new submissions to the gallery since NOVEMBER! Then I thought, hmmm, I should stalk her to find out if she has left SCS, then I see this thread. I think I will cry real tears!

Sometimes when we create something we are really proud of (or in your case, several somethings!) and then take a break for a couple weeks, the first few things just don't solicit much of a response from others, or it just doesn't feel right to us. (I just uploaded 3 new ones this week and am less than thrilled with them, the last several before that I thought were great). SO, we feel like we are just doing poor work. BUT, I think that we get rusty. Don't give up on yourself!

P.S. do you have a blog I can stalk???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2007, 07:38 AM   #47  
Gallery Gazer

I usually have at least one big slump every year. I normally have a slump from creative stuff in January.....I'm not too bad this year. Even when I taught Sunday School......January was my brick wall......my time I wanted to throw in the towel.

The advice to take a break is a good one. JulieHRR hits it on the nail. Pick up a good book, write some letters, play with the kids, go on some good long walks, drive to a special place and just relax. Give your mind a break and it will rejuvenate and you'll be ready to go in no time. When you get that inclination to start again, pick just one thing to do. When you are done with it, just walk away for a little while again! You don't have to jump back in full force.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2007, 02:43 PM   #48  
Compulsive Stamper

Stamping slumps happens to all of us at one time or another.Earlier in my stamping career, I read a great article about "how to get out of a slump" Basically it suggested that you go to your stamp area everyday at the same time-- pick up a magazine, or just stare out the window. It matter not WHAT you do while there-- the important thing is to go everyday at the same time for however long it takes to notice interest returning. I do what Gina does-- make fun stuff i.e. tags whatever --play then put the away for another day. No pressure-- that is the key. Marge
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2007, 02:50 PM   #49  
Crimping Master

someone may have mentioned this, didn't read all the way through,

maybe get rid of some of your old supplies or stamp sets, bring in some new stuff or trade with a friend for a while. Using the same supplies over and over could limit your creativity.

I was going on ..on another thread about weeding the crafting supply collection. It is refreshing and gives you cash and space for new stuff
Reply With Quote Likes