Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-17-2010, 06:36 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to jennysbugbites
Default What is your solution for...

storing your clear acrylic stamps? im getting frustrated with mine since I am getting sooo many I need a more effective storage where I can find them organized by brand, etc.

ideas? thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2010, 06:59 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

I store mine in 3 ring binders. I put the sets in page protectors (depending on the size of the set, I can get 2 or 3 sets per page). For small, Studio G type sets, I use baseball card protector sheets and store them the same way (binder).

I have mine sorted by catagory - not brand because I don't really have enough of a single brand (except MFT - they have their own binder - lol). I use regular binder organizer thingies with the tab that can be written on to seperate them.

Anyway, HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2010, 07:01 PM   #3  
Glitter Queen

I store mine in CD cases alphabetically, and stamp the images on paper to insert into my own stamp catalogs that I made. I record the name of the set, the designer and company on each sheet in the catalog and then if that set falls into two categories such as birthday and oh I don't know - say sentiments for example, I photo copy the catolog sheet and file it under both themes since my catalogs are tabbed by theme. When I want a stamp, I read its name and retrieve it from its alphabetical spot in the drawer. For companies where I have a large number of their stamps, I will usually have a seperate catalog just for those. I keep them in the junior size circa binders for sale at Levengers on line. I love these because the pages can be removed and replaced so easily. I bought the punch and buy only the inexpensive plastic shells, not the fancy leather stuff. I cut my own paper from photo copy for the catalog. If I want to catolog copic colored images for future color reference, I cut a sheet from appropriate card stock. I browse my catalogs with a cup of tea at night and it is the perfect way to remember the stamps I have. I even made a catalog for my still mounted wooden stamps. I love that "Circa" is not bound and pages can just be inserted at will. I got the portable Circa punch because it was less expensive. HTH.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2010, 07:06 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 83 Likes on 43 Posts

CD jewel cases! I first had mine in page protectors in binders, but I hated that system because it was too bulky and the stamp sets kept falling out. Love the jewel cases because of small storage area, plus I label the spine, so I see at a glance what I need. You need to use the regular jewel cases, not the slim ones; then just pull out the tray that holds the CD, put your stamps on both sides. I use my ATG to adhere the image sheet to the outside of the case. So many stamps in so little room - love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2010, 07:22 PM   #5  
Glitter Queen

Jewel CD cases are awesome. I sorted, then grouped by theme, and used my Xyron to adhere the image sheets to the inside of the case. I found great cd storage cases at Walmart, and also have them labeled by theme, season or occasion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2010, 07:44 PM   #6  
Kookie Creator

I use CD jewel cases exclusively for all my stamps - clear and rubber on EZMount. I bought the cases at Target and Office Depot at first, until I realized how many I was going to need if I kept collecting stamps like I have been. Then I found this place:

http://www.discmakers.com/shop/ItemD...D=CD-020-00012

You have to order a minimum of 200, but they are very good quality cases, there are no inserts to have to pull out and throw away, and they are only 18 cents each. The shipping is much more reasonable from this company than another that I tried that sold for 17 cents each.

I know that 200 sounds like a lot, but if you stop and think about how many sets you already have and how many you're likely to pick up... You'll be amazed at how fast they go!

Just my two cents worth - and I'm not affiliated with this company in any way - just a satisfied customer who saved a fair bit of cashola!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2010, 07:56 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,134 Likes on 511 Posts

I use page protectors to store my clear sets in binders - I sew the page protectors in quarters (a straight line down the middle, and a straight line across the middle). I slit across the tops of the bottom 2 quarters, and I have 4 pockets to a page.

Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 12:54 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought clear cardstock (like really thick transparency sheets I guess) and I cut them down to size for my clear stamps. I store the stamps between two sheets with a large strip of tape across the top. I store these in open boxes. However, they are separated by size, not brand. I have two sets that came in CD cases, but don't use those as often 'cause for some reason for me it is easier to peel up a sheet to get to the stamps rather than to open a CD case. I even converted my last two Papertrey (large size) stamp sets to be between two clear cardstock sheets, rather than use the CD cases they came with. Happily for me, their smaller sets (the $5 ones) already come in between two sheets.

Also I have some large sets in one 3-ring binder, but I never use those sets because they aren't as easily accessible. I guess it is just 'cause of how my stamping area is set up - it's easier for me to have all around me open boxes full of sets sorted by size, than to have CD racks or bookcases (for 3-ring binders).

I know myself - if it is too much hassle to get it out, it'll be too much hassle for me to put it away because then I think "but what if I want to use it again in the near future - I'll have to go get it out AGAIN", and then that's how the mess grows...

I am also soooooo very lazy. I DID think about CD cases as a way to store them at first. But then so many sets that I bought just came between two sheets of clear cardstock that I was overwhelmed with the amount of work facing me if I were to convert them all to CD cases. I already kind of knew that 3-ring binders wouldn't work for me 'cause I neglect the stamps that I DO have in a 3-ring binder.

Sorry for the novel.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 12:54 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

I bought clear cardstock (like really thick transparency sheets I guess) and I cut them down to size for my clear stamps. I store the stamps between two sheets with a large strip of tape across the top. I store these in open boxes. However, they are separated by size, not brand. I have two sets that came in CD cases, but don't use those as often 'cause for some reason for me it is easier to peel up a sheet to get to the stamps rather than to open a CD case. I even converted my last two Papertrey (large size) stamp sets to be between two clear cardstock sheets, rather than use the CD cases they came with. Happily for me, their smaller sets (the $5 ones) already come in between two sheets.

Also I have some large sets in one 3-ring binder, but I never use those sets because they aren't as easily accessible. I guess it is just 'cause of how my stamping area is set up - it's easier for me to have all around me open boxes full of sets sorted by size, than to have CD racks or bookcases (for 3-ring binders).

I know myself - if it is too much hassle to get it out, it'll be too much hassle for me to put it away because then I think "but what if I want to use it again in the near future - I'll have to go get it out AGAIN", and then that's how the mess grows...

I am also soooooo very lazy. I DID think about CD cases as a way to store them at first. But then so many sets that I bought just came between two sheets of clear cardstock that I was overwhelmed with the amount of work facing me if I were to convert them all to CD cases. I already kind of knew that 3-ring binders wouldn't work for me 'cause I neglect the stamps that I DO have in a 3-ring binder.

Sorry for the novel.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 01:03 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

sorry for the double post!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 03:41 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I LOVE these cases from Stampendous! They have 3 different widths and they are pefect for single wood mounts, clear and unmounted rubber

http://www.stampendous.com/products/203203/Storage
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 04:47 AM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

I too use the cases from Stampendous - Love them! There is room to label at the top and stack nicely. Great for putting like stamps together - all Father's day in one, all hearts in another...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 04:55 AM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I use cd wallets, that I store in plastic boxes. Cheap Cheerful and work for me;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 05:46 AM   #14  
Crimping Master

I use the small enclosed binders by Univenture. I cut some thin chipboard I had on hand to fit the binders, laminated it with my Xyron and keep my stamps in there. Each binder fits 7 pages of acrylic stamps.

Right now, the black or white binders are on sale for $1.07 each. They have great shipping prices and very fast service. They also have larger binders that I know some stampers use.

If you don't want to make your own panels for the binder, Gina K and Sunday International sell panels that fit the binders perfectly.

HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 07:45 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have three Iris carts lined up together with each drawer labeled by stamp company. This works great for me.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 08:44 AM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

Sophie!!! Thanks for your post. You have given me a great idea.

I have already tried so many different methods and they have come up short. I have been wanting to redo my stamps to make them more organized and accessible.

Your idea of using two sheets and taping along the top is awesome. It is also how they come packaged and I don't know why I didn't think of it before.

I already use thick acetate to back them on. But I have been placing them in envelopes that close up, and that makes accessibility a problem. Like you, I want them easy to see and grab, but also protected from dust.

I've used binders before and ddn't like that system. I've recently been contemplating somehow cutting down page protecters to keep them both visible and covered. Having the flip-up sheet is so clever and so much easier.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 11:55 AM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

Sophie, where do you get your clear cardstock? This sounds like it would work for me.

Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 12:06 PM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazer3View Post
Sophie, where do you get your clear cardstock? This sounds like it would work for me.

Janet
Hi Janet!
I get mine from Flourishes.org:
http://rjnx9.ut464.servertrust.com/product_p/ccstck.htm
It does NOT qualify for free shipping, but I prefer it.

You can also get some from Papertrey (free shipping over $60):
http://papertreyink.com/pb_clearcardstock.html

I've tried both, but think the Flourishes one is just a tiny bit sturdier although honestly I don't know if that's all in my mind and they're actually the same or not.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 12:10 PM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by katz_r_usView Post
Sophie!!! Thanks for your post. You have given me a great idea.

I have already tried so many different methods and they have come up short. I have been wanting to redo my stamps to make them more organized and accessible.

Your idea of using two sheets and taping along the top is awesome. It is also how they come packaged and I don't know why I didn't think of it before.

I already use thick acetate to back them on. But I have been placing them in envelopes that close up, and that makes accessibility a problem. Like you, I want them easy to see and grab, but also protected from dust.

I've used binders before and ddn't like that system. I've recently been contemplating somehow cutting down page protecters to keep them both visible and covered. Having the flip-up sheet is so clever and so much easier.
Thanks Katz! Always happy to enable! Laziness dictates most of what I end up doing... *grin*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 12:17 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

first I was using cd cases but stopped because it was taking up to much room. I'm using binders now and thats working good for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 12:18 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jukieView Post
I use cd wallets, that I store in plastic boxes. Cheap Cheerful and work for me;)
thats an idea ;)
never taught of that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 01:47 PM   #22  
Matboard Maniac

One of the few posts on my blog is my unmounted/clear stamp storage.
Here is a link. (just because I'm a visual learner/teacher).
Stamp Organization
I've since had to take them out of the baskets and now they are all in a drawer.

I had them all in binders but I'm lazy and didn't like dragging the whole binder out for one small stamp set, LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 03:38 PM   #23  
Glitter Queen

I use three-ring binders and have them organized by size only in page protectors. I put a sheet of white cardstock between each one to make them easier to see. I am forgetful and find myself not using things I have. This way, everytime I start a new project or if I'm looking for that perfect sentiment/image, I am forced to go through all of my stamps to find it. I use them more and none are lost in the crowd. The binders are sitting on a shelf, making them very accessible.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 05:00 PM   #24  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennysbugbitesView Post
storing your clear acrylic stamps? im getting frustrated with mine since I am getting sooo many I need a more effective storage where I can find them organized by brand, etc.

ideas? thanks!
Hi Jenny, my storage of acrylics isn't very elaborate but it works for me. I slip them into a ziplock bag for easy retrieval with the original packaging, or simply cut the part that has the name/product reference details. If you want to then keep them in brand groups, then simply place each zippy into the larger zippy with a big sticky "brand-name" label on it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 06:30 PM   #25  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I store my clear stamps, my unmounted alphabets and wheels in Iris Photo Boxes...There are six inside each case, they stack great and I get them with my 40% coupons at JoAnn's...

I cut the lids and bottoms from my clam shells to use as mounting sheets and each case holds 5-6 sheets of stamps...They are 4x6 each...
Attached Thumbnails
What is your solution for...-stamp-storage-003.jpg   What is your solution for...-stamp-storage-005.jpg  

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2010, 12:02 PM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 677 Likes on 349 Posts
Default uncbballfan...

Do you happen to have a picture of this? LM :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncbballfanView Post
CD jewel cases! I first had mine in page protectors in binders, but I hated that system because it was too bulky and the stamp sets kept falling out. Love the jewel cases because of small storage area, plus I label the spine, so I see at a glance what I need. You need to use the regular jewel cases, not the slim ones; then just pull out the tray that holds the CD, put your stamps on both sides. I use my ATG to adhere the image sheet to the outside of the case. So many stamps in so little room - love it!

Psalm 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2010, 12:12 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kphorseView Post
I store my clear stamps, my unmounted alphabets and wheels in Iris Photo Boxes...There are six inside each case, they stack great and I get them with my 40% coupons at JoAnn's...

I cut the lids and bottoms from my clam shells to use as mounting sheets and each case holds 5-6 sheets of stamps...They are 4x6 each...
oh I like this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2010, 12:27 PM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 175 Likes on 131 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by meluvstampinView Post
I LOVE these cases from Stampendous! They have 3 different widths and they are pefect for single wood mounts, clear and unmounted rubber

http://www.stampendous.com/products/203203/Storage
i use this for my small wooden mounted stamps.
denami,amuse,etc. each in it's on case. love them
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2010, 02:34 PM   #29  

Send a message via Skype™ to jennysbugbites

Wow lots of great solutions! Im excited!!! Thanks too ALL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2010, 05:53 PM   #30  
Mad Swapper

Another vote for CD cases. It takes up so little space, and there's no worry that they will fall out.

When I first went unmounted, I used the white storage boards from Sunday International, but found that some of my stamps would slip off. Besides that, I could only get a few sheets per binder, so it took up tons of space. It just felt sloppy. I like having the contained in the CD cases. I label the spines with the name of the set, or if they're a hodge podge of different onesie twosie stamps, I come up with my own name (Flowers 1, Flowers 2, etc). They're are TONS of CD storage options. I currently store my CDs in cute CD storage boxes from Ikea and they sit on a bookshelf.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2010, 11:09 AM   #31  
Cardstock Collector

Default CD Storage for unmountd stamps - Opening in CD case

Do you ever have problems with smaller unmounted stamps(letters, sayings) falling out of the opening that is in the CD case or do you know a place to buy them without the little opening? Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2010, 12:46 PM   #32  
Glitter Queen

Sometimes if the get unsticky they might try to sneak through so I just wash them in warm water, rinse and air dry then they stick again just fine.
Reply With Quote Likes