Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-09-2018, 11:16 AM   #81  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Growing cacti is my second love I live in Zone 5 so they don't stay outside but in the summer.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2018, 05:37 PM   #82  
Stampin' Fool

I love doing machine applique & embroidery. I don�t have the patience for making anything like a quilt. only towels, shirts, quick projects!😄
A Cardmaking Journey in Progress
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2018, 08:23 AM   #83  
Stampin' Fool

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Y'all. I so do not need any more hobbies or crafting supplies. But "diamond painting"? Been doing an internet search and I'm quite intrigued.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2018, 05:52 AM   #84  
Insane Embellisher

Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts

Stamping is #1 and my most consistent hobby, but my seasonal hobby is college football, especially the Nebraska Cornhuskers.

I also spend some time collecting information about....family restrooms. It sounds crazy I know. But my significant other has Parkinson's disease and he needs help especially with his balance, in the restroom. It's much easier for us if there is a family restroom, instead of shlepping into the men's restroom with him and a bunch of guys in there. Mostly, because it makes him feel bad. The availability of a family restroom impacts the choices we make in terms of where we eat out, shop, see movies etc. There is a website that collects locations of family restrooms, organized by state. It's called Find Family Restrooms. So, anytime we are out and about, I'm on the look out for family restrooms/unisex single user/single gender single user ie the door locks and there is a grab bar. It's something you may not have thought about. If the person you are helping is of the opposite sex, you will probably enter the men's restroom to help. Anyway, if anyone enters any information on that website, I would take it as a personal favor to us. Check it out! You might really help an unexpected person, maybe a stamper like me, if you know of a family restroom in a particular restaurant or business establishment, airport, highway interstate rest area, shopping mall etc. It takes about 3 minutes to enter information about a family restroom into that website. Thanks for reading this far!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2018, 03:25 PM   #85  
Insane Embellisher

One of the hobbies that I tried but didn't stick with, is jewelry making. I have some supplies that I would be happy to pass on to someone. If you are interested, PM me your name and US mailing address. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2018, 11:23 AM   #86  
Glitter Guru

Received 809 Likes on 530 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ocean County StamperView Post
Stamping is #1 and my most consistent hobby, but my seasonal hobby is college football, especially the Nebraska Cornhuskers.

I also spend some time collecting information about....family restrooms. It sounds crazy I know. But my significant other has Parkinson's disease and he needs help especially with his balance, in the restroom. It's much easier for us if there is a family restroom, instead of shlepping into the men's restroom with him and a bunch of guys in there. Mostly, because it makes him feel bad. The availability of a family restroom impacts the choices we make in terms of where we eat out, shop, see movies etc. There is a website that collects locations of family restrooms, organized by state. It's called Find Family Restrooms. So, anytime we are out and about, I'm on the look out for family restrooms/unisex single user/single gender single user ie the door locks and there is a grab bar. It's something you may not have thought about. If the person you are helping is of the opposite sex, you will probably enter the men's restroom to help. Anyway, if anyone enters any information on that website, I would take it as a personal favor to us. Check it out! You might really help an unexpected person, maybe a stamper like me, if you know of a family restroom in a particular restaurant or business establishment, airport, highway interstate rest area, shopping mall etc. It takes about 3 minutes to enter information about a family restroom into that website. Thanks for reading this far!
Thanks so much for this info!

My son is 14 years old and on the spectrum for autism. I try to use family restrooms as much as possible when we are out in public.

OK - back to the thread......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2018, 11:36 AM   #87  
Inking Addict

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Stamping first, almost every day, but bowling weekly from September to May. I also love scouring the Internet, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, etc. for inspiration and good stamp shopping bargains. I also play word games daily on my IPad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2018, 03:04 PM   #88  
Insane Embellisher

The box of jewelry making supplies was claimed. Have a great Sunday everyone!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ocean County StamperView Post
One of the hobbies that I tried but didn't stick with, is jewelry making. I have some supplies that I would be happy to pass on to someone. If you are interested, PM me your name and US mailing address. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2018, 04:59 PM   #89  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 246 Likes on 133 Posts

I was going to say sewing, which was my main hobby before I retired. Stamping is #1, but if I consider what I do everyday then sewing wouldn't even be second. I would have to say organizing (for me it is actually a hobby---I love it!), and since I do a crossword puzzle every day and read everyday those two would be tied for 3rd. I also feed humming birds every day year round, so that may just have to be considered a hobby. Then again, I cook, clean and do laundry almost every day, but would not say those are hobbies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2018, 12:21 AM   #90  
Die Cut Diva

Received 104 Likes on 55 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by efromhawaiiView Post
I just discovered Diamond Painting and absolutely love it. I was actually going to start cross stitching again but found this instead and am thoroughly addicted.

erin
Why did I have to google Diamond Painting? (ugh) Looks like fun, but I don't need any new hobbies!! You are such an enabler. Just kidding!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2018, 12:22 AM   #91  
Die Cut Diva

Received 104 Likes on 55 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary JoanView Post
Oh, too many to count! Cross stitch, knitting, crochet, patchwork, beading ( I make 42 beaded Christmas decorations for my family each year), reading, anything involving needles and thread, ..... At least I'm never bored.

Would love to see some pictures of your beaded Christmas decorations.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2018, 08:42 AM   #92  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

aside from paper crafting, I like to dabble in tshirt making, photography, cross stitching, makeup (yep it's creative), reading, cooking, organising, researching (I love learning new things).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2018, 12:06 PM   #93  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampindoeView Post
Why did I have to google Diamond Painting? (ugh) Looks like fun, but I don't need any new hobbies!! You are such an enabler. Just kidding!

I too am addicted to this. I've done the Diamond Dotz kits (which are round shaped and primarily are partially filled pictures, with a silk like painted background) They do have some, like their Van Gogh line that a completely filled in, and are quite lovely. My grandson in currently working on one of those. Another line, Collection D'Art kits, made in Russia, are even more intricate, and are square shaped drills where you complete the entire picture. You can purchase cheaper kits from China, but I would say, buyer beware! I have done that, and you typically get what you pay for; there is not the intricate shading or attention to detail you get with the other kits - in most cases.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2018, 01:10 PM   #94  
Cardstock Collector

I can't even look at Diamond Painting at all or I know I will get hooked. My other hobby is coloring so it ties in with card making. I can't afford a 3rd hobby. I have so much money invested in coloring books and mediums and now stamping supplies lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2018, 07:20 PM   #95  
Insane Embellisher

What a fun thread! Recently things have been crazy with school applications and I have found the perfect 2nd hobby for the limited time. I have started brush lettering since a month and I am really enjoying it!
Just few minutes everyday doing basic drills is so relaxing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2018, 07:33 AM   #96  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am weighing in again I have recently been rummaging around our old farm buildings and harvesting granary wood, super weathered and ‘real’. I cut out letters/words on my Cricut, trace the stencil part and paint in the words with a tiny brush. Each one is tedious but a labour of love as they have been for my daughter’s wedding, personal fall decorations and baby gifts. I love how they turn out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2018, 07:48 AM   #97  
Pearl-ExPert

Oooh, would love to see what you have done! Sounds amazing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2018, 03:54 PM   #98  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Cross stitch has been my favorite hobby since 1977. I took up card making and stamping in 2009 and have stuck with it. I also knit basic accessories-not clothing, sew-as in mending, hemming, etc, do my own needlework finishing (except framing), a little bit of quilting, counted needlepoint and a tiny bit of machine embroidery. I've avoided traditional scrapbooking and don't even want to attempt Diamond Painting!

Last edited by Cartermrc; 09-18-2018 at 04:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2018, 04:29 PM   #99  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanne3579View Post
Oooh, would love to see what you have done! Sounds amazing!
I will see if I can post some pictures from my phone to my iPad ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2018, 04:38 PM   #100  
Gallery Gazer

These may be sideways... I haven’t learned how to fix that! These are some of my granary wood signs.
Attached Thumbnails
What is your SECOND favourite craft/hobby?-c9e74f06-f6e9-44a4-9501-4a581d64a6f7.jpg   What is your SECOND favourite craft/hobby?-ae361e62-525f-4c73-ae3e-d24955cb72ec.jpg   What is your SECOND favourite craft/hobby?-c8982401-cfef-4992-96d3-fcbcbb95f54e.jpg   What is your SECOND favourite craft/hobby?-309324ce-fb45-4102-8585-f0620fa5a253.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2018, 06:09 PM   #101  
Pearl-ExPert

I just LOVE these!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2018, 06:34 PM   #102  
Polyshrink Goddess

Besides reading, gardening, sewing ( I collect and use vintage Singer sewing machines), the next favorite hobby to me is spinning on my wheel. I do demos as a reenactor at Am Civil War events and teach spectators about spinning and about the war in general. I have samples of southern sheep, native green and brown cotton, and other fibers so people can see samples of the fiber and feel it also.
I love teaching people about the war and what life was like during that time. I explain women's roles at that time, and share speeches by Abraham Lincoln and Frederick Douglas. I also like to tell them of all the incredible American writers who lived during that time. School children are the best, as many of them have never seen a spinning wheel and many don't even know what knitting is!

My hubby also reenacts with me, sometimes fighting on the battlefield and other times he is a civilian.

I love spinning so much, it is very soothing, and when I am not at an event, I like to sit in my yard and garden and spin (except not in CW dress and a corset. LOL)

One just cannot have one hobby! right?

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature
may heal and give strength to body and soul alike.
Keep close to nature's heart ...
and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.
God never made an ugly landscape. John Muir

Psalm 73:26
My flesh and heart may fail, God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2018, 06:47 PM   #103  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanne3579View Post
I just LOVE these!!!
Thank you so much! I love doing it I am contemplating some christmassy ones now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2018, 07:10 PM   #104  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 472 Likes on 351 Posts

SueEllen, I would love to learn to spin. I knit and I find it very soothing - and like you, like to sit in my garden and knit (or by the fire in the winter).

Glad my volunteer work doesn't involve wearing a corset!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgpunkyView Post
I love spinning so much, it is very soothing, and when I am not at an event, I like to sit in my yard and garden and spin (except not in CW dress and a corset. LOL)

One just cannot have one hobby! right?

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2018, 01:41 AM   #105  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I do a lot of crafts from miniatures to stamping. I group all my art together.

Other hobbies are gardening, decorating, gamer girl, card playing, puzzle addict & bookworm. Not in that order. Biggest one would be reading. I am a voracious reader.

Reply With Quote Likes