Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-31-2016, 01:03 AM   #41  
Die Cut Diva

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Rofl, wavejumper! But, seriously, to any newbies reading this thread, thats a good lesson in NOT rushing out and buying the latest must-have. Wait till it's been around a while, ask questions on here about it. Every manufacturer tries to tell us their product is the bees knees, will do all sorts of wonderful things bar make our coffee! On here you will get real crafters experiences wirh products, and the two versions are often strikingly different.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2016, 01:05 AM   #42  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a difficult time passing up any Dies to make 3 D flowers and buying the matching stamps if they have them.

I thinK I have every 3D flower die made by Spellbinders, Sizzix , Cheery Lynn, Memory Box, and some by Heartfelt Creations .

Before they sold dies I bought a lot of Punch Bunch and McGill paper punches plus a few punches by Martha Stewart and SU. I still have all of those .

I have even hand cut petals and leaves using paper templates. And made quilled flowers
I can't recall making a card for a female that didn't have 3 D paper flowers on it :cool:

Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2016, 03:06 AM   #43  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 733 Likes on 355 Posts

Barbara Jay-not the Elizabeth Craft ones? My mind goes there when I hear 3D flower right away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2016, 03:19 AM   #44  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I love this thread. I have a weakness for coffee cups,trees,etc. I could go on and on. I have a weakness for coupons. Hate to pass the up.....he deal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2016, 04:57 AM   #45  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
Barbara Jay-not the Elizabeth Craft ones? My mind goes there when I hear 3D flower right away.
Gee I don't have any Elizabeth Craft flower dies. I will have to check those out. :cool:
I have one Marianne Designs . And I have Frantic Stampers Petite Sakuras. The Petite Sakuras look fantastic on the Impression Obsession branch DIE022-U it has no name . The IO branch has 3 tiny leaves that fit with the Petite Sakuras .

Sakura means Cherry Blossom in Japanese . Actually the exact meaning is Cherry Blossom Tree , but it is also understood as Cherry Blossom .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2016, 05:28 AM   #46  
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

stamps, stamps, stamps. My name is Andrea and I have a stamp addiction. Especially sentiment and quote stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2016, 06:38 AM   #47  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncbballfanView Post
Floral stamps. And I have had "You Are Enough" by Concord & 9th in my basket for so long, telling myself I didn't really need it, that the set sold out twice. It was re-stocked Wednesday; I hit the checkout button.

I wonder how many people looked up this set and decided they had to have it. One for sure! What an awesome set!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2016, 06:59 AM   #48  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rubber stamps, especially second hand old ones that you find sometimes at craft sales. I have so many I can't store them anymore, and keep buying more. Just ordered two AI sets from my LSS, because i totally needed a man with a balloon hat stamp.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2016, 07:08 AM   #49  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 108 Likes on 70 Posts

I am definitely a full-set syndrome victim but I had to sit myself down and have a stern talk to convince me I didn't need to have ALL of the SU papers. inks. markers AND full set of PTI papers and Markers, AND full set of MFT papers and inks AND full set of...Plus all og the Copics and all of the Zig clean color and every pencil set imagined, gelatos, Pitt big pens, every Memento, etc.. You get the idea. I had a major clean out and eBay sale and narrowed it down to one set of papers and inks, one alcohol marker set (Copcs), one watercolor markers, one set of pencils, and one pan watercolor. Plus I halved my stamps and cut my die collection by about 30%. I find it so much easier to actually create now PLUS I have a huge pot of money for my future crafting needs. :O: (If my husband ever found out how much I netted after paying eBay, Paypal and USPS fees, he might figure out how much I originally spent and that would be bad!

Now all I have to do is unsubscribe from a lot of blogs that have those gorgeous cards that I just KNOW I could do if I only had ____! THAT is my biggest downfall.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2016, 07:46 AM   #50  
Cardstock Collector

I'm pretty good about not going crazy on crafting items...except Lawn Fawn Products! So in love with just about everything they come out with ahhh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2016, 08:35 AM   #51  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

anything for the big-shot....dies, embossing folders, etc. I was actually dubbed "The Bigshot Wh*re" by my friends! LOLOLOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2016, 08:52 AM   #52  
Kookie Creator

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeachybabyView Post
I wonder how many people looked up this set and decided they had to have it. One for sure! What an awesome set!
Funny...I am just about to do this! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2016, 09:39 AM   #53  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 126 Likes on 93 Posts

When were you in my craft room???

I buy complete sets and THEN decide whether or not I like them. Just completed my set of Distress Crayons.

I'm sick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MN_StamperView Post
I am definitely a full-set syndrome victim but I had to sit myself down and have a stern talk to convince me I didn't need to have ALL of the SU papers. inks. markers AND full set of PTI papers and Markers, AND full set of MFT papers and inks AND full set of...Plus all og the Copics and all of the Zig clean color and every pencil set imagined, gelatos, Pitt big pens, every Memento, etc.. You get the idea. I had a major clean out and eBay sale and narrowed it down to one set of papers and inks, one alcohol marker set (Copcs), one watercolor markers, one set of pencils, and one pan watercolor. Plus I halved my stamps and cut my die collection by about 30%. I find it so much easier to actually create now PLUS I have a huge pot of money for my future crafting needs. :O: (If my husband ever found out how much I netted after paying eBay, Paypal and USPS fees, he might figure out how much I originally spent and that would be bad!

Now all I have to do is unsubscribe from a lot of blogs that have those gorgeous cards that I just KNOW I could do if I only had ____! THAT is my biggest downfall.

Instagram: @jacqueline_worksforstamps
Blog: Works For Stamps

Come join the TEAparty every Tuesday! Click here for details.

"Stamping is an addiction & therapy rolled into one"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2016, 09:59 AM   #54  
Glitter Queen

Dies!! If I used each one of my dies just once starting today, I would have to live to be 150 years old!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2016, 10:25 AM   #55  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
Maple Leaf

for me it's all things Stampin' Up! and Tim Holtz...
couldn't wait for the new Stampin' Up cattie to arrive! I lovingly call it my other bible. I will go to bed and look at it and imagine all the things I can do with the stamp sets, papers... well you get the idea! And I love Tim Holtz. I have all the DIs, most of his stencils, lots of his stamps etc. I can't buy too much from the states as our Cdn. dollar is so low as compared with the U.S. dollar and in my area there are only two scrap stores... but thank goodness the one carries an impressive line of TH. Sooooo, that's my story!!! LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2016, 10:26 AM   #56  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dies, dies dies and more dies!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2016, 10:56 AM   #57  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazsilverwolfView Post
I must admit, there are a few pads in amongst mine that I look at and think' what the heck was I thinking of'? Got caught up in the hype, I'm a tad savvier now.
IKR?

I bought most of what I now lovingly refer to as my 'laugh out loud' ink pads when I was just starting to stamp many years ago after stamping really caught my attention. At that time I had no clue what I was doing, I knew nothing about ink, stamping, or paper and it did not occur to me that not all products are for everyone (i.e. that I would eventually develop my own style and likes and dislikes).

No regrets, though; for me it was part of the learning process. I like your idea of incorporating these pads (and the matching reinkers that I had to have for the pads LOL) into work that I'm doing now and using them in ways other than how they were originally intended to be used.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2016, 11:20 AM   #58  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnewithaneView Post
I remember a thread a long, long time ago where people were reporting how much designer paper they had, measuring in feet and inches!

Urm...yes:oops: that would be me If I had to guesstemate... 12 by 12 dp is about 3ft high if I was to put it all together,.....8by8 is maybe a 1 ft high, 6x6 is urm about 5ft high that is not including plain 12x12, 8x8,8x11,6x6 cardstock

Last edited by jukie; 08-31-2016 at 11:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2016, 01:44 PM   #59  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 733 Likes on 355 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakhuxelView Post
Rubber stamps, especially second hand old ones that you find sometimes at craft sales. I have so many I can't store them anymore, and keep buying more. Just ordered two AI sets from my LSS, because i totally needed a man with a balloon hat stamp.
I have that balloon hat stamp guy! LOL. I had a short lived craze for animal balloons and I plan to use him with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2016, 05:05 PM   #60  
Mad Swapper

Received 496 Likes on 164 Posts

Penguins and koalas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2016, 06:12 PM   #61  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 244 Likes on 130 Posts

OMGosh ... still gasping & giggling over the inks shared by silver wolf! :lol:

For me .... I'm shamefully likely to buy the florals ...
but then there are the coordinating dies & punches, too.
That's my only confession for today.

What happens in these forums ..... stays in these forums!!! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2016, 08:21 PM   #62  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

Whipper Snapper stamps - especially snowmen, birthday, Christmas, and Easter, Halloween, Valentines - you get the idea. I have 165 of them, some going back to the early 1990's. And then there are dies, especially Memory Box. And Distress Inks, I have every color in mini pads and too many full size. And I'm not going to mention how much patterned paper I have except to say I'll have to live to be 300 to use it all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2016, 04:17 AM   #63  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MN_StamperView Post

Wow. That is quite a story.
Good for you for realizing what needed to be done! My craft room is the smallest bedroom in our not very big house. At this point, I am ashamed to say you can barely walk in there. I craft in the kitchen now. It is on the same floor as the bedrooms.
I guess I'm a full set girl as well. Every time Stampin Up comes out with new in colors, I buy the card stock, markers, and ink pads. Now I need to take a cue from you, and purge some stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2016, 10:10 AM   #64  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts

I have enjoyed reading this thread! I have a LOT of stuff, but I can always reassure myself...and my husband...that someone else has more! ;)

Our budget is super tight now, so I am only spending $ on adhesives and white/vanilla card stock. I have so much card stock from the days when I could spend more, so my supply is not in jeopardy.

My weaknesses? RIBBON. I did not order any of the SU in-colors last year (I used to get them every year) but I *NEEDED* the lace ribbon. It will go with plenty of other things, right?

And Embossing Folders...I love how quick and easy they are to use; how much variety you can have; how much interest texture adds to a card

And Designer Paper... Again, I have held off on new purchases, but Good Grief. I have a LOT!

In terms of stamps... I love floral images and Scripture/inspiring quotes. But I have also started using more whimsical & sassy stuff. When I look at a catalog or website, I no longer just think about what I like personally, but rather what fits the personalities of my family & friends who will receive the cards. That means my stamps are becoming more diverse...and that has been fun!
Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2016, 10:19 AM   #65  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 244 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by berlyceceView Post
... ... ! I have a LOT of stuff, but I can always reassure myself...and my husband...that someone else has more! ;) ... ...
Ain't it the truth?!!! :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2016, 12:31 PM   #66  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I would have to say my current passion is Floral stamps and die sets. Altenew and Penny Black being my favorite; I have to resist buying more of them. I just reorganized my stamps and realized HOW MANY I really have. Time to focus on using them and stop buying them. I too am resisting the copic craze and have pared down my ink stamps so much that I have empty slots..all good.

Eloise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2016, 04:08 PM   #67  
Die Cut Diva

Received 935 Likes on 856 Posts

Well.............alot of you love the thin dies and stamps and Shaz...those inks!!!! I love cutters! 2 Fiskars, Fiskars Guillitine, 3 Paper studio, Creative Memories, Martha Stewart, Recollections, We R Memory Keepers, Making Memories, and Cutterpillar. Each bought hoping to find the PERFECT cutter. They all have there plus and minus's and there are still a few more brands out there to try. So YEP...my obsession is the paper cutter!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2016, 05:58 PM   #68  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 294 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
Abstract leaf stamps and dies.

Stamps used in videos by favorite people - though I'm getting better about using stamps I have.

Containers/organizing solutions that cause me to abandon other solutions.

Things I haven't heard of. "I don't know what that is. I need it, right?!"

Beth
I wasn't going to comment on this thread because I'm sort of equal-opportunity these days and don't have a particular weakness, I THOUGHT...
*Ahem*...if you read almost any thread in the Mission Organization forum regarding storing almost anything from any point from...oh, 2011-ish or so, I've probably chimed in somewhere in there... Read a later thread on the same topic and I've changed what I'm doing and chimed in again... Read later and yup! there I am again, changed and chiming... I CANNOT seem to land on "the ultimate solution" and STAY THERE, by golly! I'm quite confident that as many of my dollars and MUCH more of my time as I've spent creating has been spent rearranging and purging and switching out and.....you get the idea...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2016, 10:02 AM   #69  
Cardstock Collector

Definitely sets......matching EVERYTHING. I buy the paper, the matching cardstock, the matching inks, the matching embellishments. Then do it again with a new set! Yikes. I do not seem to have the vision to mix and match and I can't stand using cardstock that is a slightly different shade than the DSP. I am currently 'collecting' every ink and cardstock color that SU makes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2016, 10:47 AM   #70  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by avogel1255View Post
Definitely sets......matching EVERYTHING. I buy the paper, the matching cardstock, the matching inks, the matching embellishments. Then do it again with a new set! Yikes. I do not seem to have the vision to mix and match and I can't stand using cardstock that is a slightly different shade than the DSP. I am currently 'collecting' every ink and cardstock color that SU makes.
You have my sympathy. Lol

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2016, 11:33 AM   #71  
Die Cut Diva

Received 935 Likes on 856 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by avogel1255View Post
Oh my thats going to be alot of collecting!! But if thats your passion...enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2016, 11:49 AM   #72  
Stampin' Fool

I'm with you, Lydia! I just can't seem to have enough, and I certainly do!!! Ever since I was a kid, there is something about a white piece of paper with an image.....I love to color and bring it to life. I wish I could even draw or create my own pictures! I look on line, Pinterest, etc., and ideas go through my mind like crazy! If only what I pictured always translated on to paper the same way!!! I will keep playing and trying, I have enough supplies!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2016, 01:16 AM   #73  

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Tree stamps. Tree dies. I audibly groan with wistful desire when I see one. I have enough, but.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2016, 03:55 AM   #74  
Mad Swapper

Sheena Douglass stamps. I love them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2016, 05:59 AM   #75  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Vintage Lover

Received 367 Likes on 269 Posts

I guess I would have to say STAMPS....A lot of my buddies on SCS acknowledge my huge stamp collection but....I've been stamping for more than 20 years and one does collect a lot of stamps in that time. New ones come out and well, a person gets bored :rolleyes: I also do love patterned paper....especially those 6X6 pads (I don't have an inordinate number of those...maybe 15) and I do use them! I'm probably guilty of having a lot of different coloring mediums...I like to try and use different ones...I'm not of the entire set syndrome as some have mentioned. I have a lot of Distress Inks, too ...they're just so darn versatile! :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2016, 06:04 AM   #76  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisstreezView Post
Tree stamps. Tree dies. I audibly groan with wistful desire when I see one. I have enough, but.....
I feel your pain; somewhat similar for me is leaf dies. Specifically abstract leaf dies. {sigh}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2016, 06:54 AM   #77  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Yup

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncbballfanView Post
Then you need to come to my neck of the woods; I can take you to Cheap Joes and you can drool in person! It would be so nice to have a cohort in crime running amuck in the store with me!
I'm going to Saluda, NC for a week on the 10th of Sept. From what I've read I think Boone is about 2-2 1/2 hours away. Might just have to make the trip. How would I reach you?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2016, 08:35 AM   #78  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnzimmerView Post
I love this thread. I have a weakness for coffee cups,trees,etc. I could go on and on. I have a weakness for coupons. Hate to pass the up.....he deal.
I saw the neatest stamp set with coffee cups and coffee pots. They look hand sketched, so I resisted because a) I'm not a coffee fanatic and don't know any off hand, and 2) I thought it looked fun to try to sketch something myself, and 3) I'm in try-to-restist-but-often-fail mode.

You probably know about the set already, but in case not, would you like to be enabled? ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2016, 08:37 AM   #79  
Gallery Gazer

Just thought of another - enamel dots, especially the ones sold by Studio Calico by Twine and Ink I think? I ordered about 5 sets from various places ... this week! But now that Ranger has Glossy Enamels in different colors, maybe they will do instead. Or in addition to?

Dotty for dots.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2016, 09:42 AM   #80  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by harvestmoonView Post
AUTUMN! Leaf dies, more leaf dies, leaf stamps, fall-colored papers. Granted, the season is longer than Christmas, but it's still limited.

I could not have said it better myself. I LOVE Leaf Dies and stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes