Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-07-2016, 08:09 AM   #161  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See post #157. Click on that url and it takes you to Dave's website - no passcode.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2016, 08:14 AM   #162  
Polyshrink Goddess

Does anyone know which SU Set that Dave's "Birthday Blossom" fits?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2016, 08:20 AM   #163  
Inking Addict

That's what I used. Wanted to subscribe to the mailing list in hopes that when he has new sets, I could order, since 90% of what's pictured is already sold out. I got the boots from him a year or so ago, but since then each time I think about ordering, I've been out of luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2016, 03:00 PM   #164  
Cardstock Collector

Does anyone who has been ordering from Dave have a current list of what sets his dies match up with? I do see the list from the beginning of this thread but it is not current at all. I'm not a demonstrator any more so not as familiar with the sets as I used to be.
Thank you everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2016, 06:29 PM   #165  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here is what I have

Baby Zoo ............Zoo Babies
Artistic Elements....Awesomely Artistic
Birthday Blossom...Birthday Blooms
Cuppa Joe.............A Nice Cuppa
Garden Gifts..........Gifts from the Garden
Holiday Stache.......Santa Stache
Lamb....................Easter Lamb
Remarkable Flowers...Remarkable You
Twincycle..............Pedal Pusher
Snow globe Buddies...Sparkly Seasons
Barnyard Friends....From the Herd
World Traveler.......Traveler
Sea Things............From Land to Sea
Sky Bound............Sky is the Limit
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2016, 05:37 AM   #166  
Insane Embellisher

Whaaaaa... Finally decided to order dies from Dave and this is the email I got. Guess he struck gold. Guess I'll try again after Apr 15th. :(

"Thank you for your interest in Dies By Dave! The response has been
amazingly overwhelming and I am grateful for the excitement about my
products! At this time, my focus is shipping outstanding orders. Due
to the volume of emails hitting my inbox, I am only able to respond to
emails relating to outstanding orders. If you have a new order,
please send another inquiry after April 15th. I apologize for any
inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you, Dave :o)"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2016, 07:02 AM   #167  
Compulsive Stamper

Default dies by dave

the only thing about dies by Dave he is out of them about 98% of the time. if you are not there the minute he posts you will never get them. bad service as far as i am concerened. also shipping is out of line
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2016, 09:22 AM   #168  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by DOGLOVERView Post
the only thing about dies by Dave he is out of them about 98% of the time. if you are not there the minute he posts you will never get them. bad service as far as i am concerened. also shipping is out of line
Obviously Dave is a one man operation, and he hasn't figured out that he needs to hire additional help.

I once inquired about a die set, ornamental pines, which was not listed. Dave contacted me, said he had a few in stock and I purchases said set. He shipped it same day. As for back ordered items, yes I did wait a long time for the lovely as a tree set, about a month and a half, maybe more.

Also, shipping for this die set ornamental pines was about $2. I don't think that is unreasonable. For the lovely as a tree set it was over $3.

Dave is having growing pains, as all other small business on SCS has had and still having Example Papertrey(I will never order from them).

I for one, will order from Dave again when his shop is back and running, and if he has something I want.

So, what was your shipping problem?????????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2016, 09:26 AM   #169  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,717 Likes on 650 Posts

I have to agree with Leslie. I have not had any problems with Dave and his shipping etc. I would order from him again without any hesitation.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2016, 09:28 AM   #170  
Kookie Creator

Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

Leslie, you got good shipping prices. I paid $7.50 for Lovely As a Tree. Some people got refunds in shipping, I didn't.

I do understand it's a small business and new but being out of stock of 80-90% of the items is a problem. Several dies I was waiting for to be back in stock don't show in the product page any more.

I've asked to be notified when any inventory is available. Hopefully I'll get an email soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2016, 09:41 AM   #171  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketdivaView Post
Leslie, you got good shipping prices. I paid $7.50 for Lovely As a Tree. Some people got refunds in shipping, I didn't.

I do understand it's a small business and new but being out of stock of 80-90% of the items is a problem. Several dies I was waiting for to be back in stock don't show in the product page any more.

I've asked to be notified when any inventory is available. Hopefully I'll get an email soon.
I also requested 3 times to be informed when his shop opens, I have yet to receive any response.

There really isn't anything more I need from Dave. I am pretty much just waiting to see what new dies he will carry.

I really do think he needs some help. I think he just got over whelmed. But if he really wants to have some business from us SCS'ers, he better get his butt in gear!

Yes he is hurting himself as some people may not wait for his shop to open. But I am in no rush to purchase any specific die set at the moment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2016, 09:58 AM   #172  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I looked up my receipt. I paid $4 for shipping. Total due was $30 for lovely as a tree die set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2016, 10:00 AM   #173  
Stazon Splitcoast

just tried to enter his site with password. Won't work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2016, 10:05 AM   #174  
Stazon Splitcoast

just sent an email to Dave, stating us ladies here at SCS are getting antsy for and update on his store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2016, 12:44 PM   #175  
Stazon Splitcoast

Dave responded to me.

He states he does not have time to send emails out when dies are in stock. He said there is a thread here on SCS where some ladies "spread the word" when items are in stock.

As far as I know this is the only thread here on SCS for diesbydave and no where on this thread is release info, which I told him.

He also states he relies on Facebook, which I seem not to be able to find him on Facebook. I tried davesdies and diesbydave and nothing.

Can someone help me here?

Also he stated he relies on other forums to spread the word when stock is available. Does any body know about these "other Forums"????????? Please share.

And he said to check pintrest, but pintrest in not for business communication, just for pining.

So I have been waiting since December to receive info from him regarding die release as I signed up on his website 3 times! and nothing.

Now I am upset as it seems there have been many times dies have been available and I was not informed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2016, 07:35 AM   #176  
Stazon Splitcoast

Still no reply as to how to follow Dave, facebook or other forums.

Can anybody help me out????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2016, 07:41 AM   #177  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have google and googled, all I find is closed store fronts and pintrest.

Can anybody link me to Dave's Facebook page????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2016, 09:16 AM   #178  
Kookie Creator

His site has a spot for you to put in your email so you can be notified when the shop reopens. The home page also asks that people share his shop on Twitter and Facebook. To me, this means we should be doing his advertising for him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerView Post
Dave responded to me.

He states he does not have time to send emails out when dies are in stock. He said there is a thread here on SCS where some ladies "spread the word" when items are in stock.

As far as I know this is the only thread here on SCS for diesbydave and no where on this thread is release info, which I told him.

He also states he relies on Facebook, which I seem not to be able to find him on Facebook. I tried davesdies and diesbydave and nothing.

Can someone help me here?

Also he stated he relies on other forums to spread the word when stock is available. Does any body know about these "other Forums"????????? Please share.

And he said to check pintrest, but pintrest in not for business communication, just for pining.

So I have been waiting since December to receive info from him regarding die release as I signed up on his website 3 times! and nothing.

Now I am upset as it seems there have been many times dies have been available and I was not informed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2016, 09:38 AM   #179  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

His site has a spot for you to put in your email so you can be notified when the shop reopens. The home page also asks that people share his shop on Twitter and Facebook. To me, this means we should be doing his advertising for him.
Exactly!!!!!

I have put my email in 4 times since December and nothing.

I guess I will go click on that Facebook log on the store page. See where that will take me since he has not responded to my inquires about linking me to his Facebook page.

But I will no longer advertise for him. Not my job!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2016, 09:43 AM   #180  
Stazon Splitcoast

That Facebook link brings me right back to the shop page where to enter you email address to be notified when store opens.

I am done with googling my fingers tired. No where can I find any listing of available dies.

Only way of info is to email him.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2016, 10:22 AM   #181  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just received a response from Dave.

These SCS Threads he told me about, are Stampin Up demo group, which does me no good, I'm not a demo.

He told me to set my settings on pintrest for email when new items are posted to be informed of new dies that he will carry. AND he does not have a Facebook page!

At this time no new orders, he is filling orders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2016, 10:45 AM   #182  
Stampin' Fool

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlandauView Post
anyone have an update on this? I tried to subscribe on the dies-by-dave.myshopify.com site and got an error message.
TIA
I just went to his site and it says he is catching his breath and filling orders. I typed in my email to be notified when he re-opens. It worked for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2016, 11:16 AM   #183  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kilroyView Post
I just went to his site and it says he is catching his breath and filling orders. I typed in my email to be notified when he re-opens. It worked for me.
I have typed my email in 4 times since December. It worked for me too. But I have yet to receive an email. That is not the problem. Problem is Dave said he is to busy to send emails out.

So even though you submitted your email, you won't get an update about the store!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2016, 11:17 AM   #184  
Stazon Splitcoast

And for those of us that have pass codes, mine does not work anymore!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2016, 11:19 AM   #185  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just placed an order. Dave has the Tree dies available.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2016, 01:40 PM   #186  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Dies by Dave updated

Thanks for letting me know! Looks like he's got some different offerings than he did a few weeks ago. hope he'll still offer some of the others that he had recently. Im looking for the ones that match Stippled Blossoms. I wonder how he decides what hes going to carry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2016, 04:35 AM   #187  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,314 Likes on 2,499 Posts

Trees no available this morning.................. I too am getting frustrated!

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2016, 06:15 AM   #188  
Insane Embellisher

Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts

Just wanted to say thanks from me also. I was able to purchase one of the Trees sets, which i have wanted for awhile.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IworktostampView Post
Thanks for letting me know! Looks like he's got some different offerings than he did a few weeks ago. hope he'll still offer some of the others that he had recently. Im looking for the ones that match Stippled Blossoms. I wonder how he decides what hes going to carry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2016, 11:18 AM   #189  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never heard of this guy before. I see 3 pages of product today. I put one in a cart and it went okay. The beginning of this thread talked about how much money was saved. It's nice to get the dies but they don't seem any cheaper than other dies. Have his prices gone up a lot over the years? Just wondering...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2016, 11:27 AM   #190  
Kookie Creator

His prices seem to be in line with most other die suppliers. What sets him apart is that his dies coordinate with many SU stamp sets. I'm glad that SU and he have come to a meeting of the minds and not stopped him from selling the dies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2016, 06:21 AM   #191  
Embossing Fanatic

Post Lovely as a tree die by Dave

I ordered my Trees dies last week from Dave and I'm so happy that I checked his website when I did becaus that die was sold out.
You really have to check his website everyday or at the very least, every other day to see what he has available because the dies get sold out FAST.

I tried to look at his dies this morning but his website is not working correctly. So I sent him an email (I hope he reads it).
So when you click on the 'Catallog' link at the top or the 'Shop Now' link, it takes you to a sign in screen. The problem is that the sign in is actually Dave's sign in to manage his website. I'm pretty sure he did not mean for the link to open that page, so I'm hoping he'll read my email and fix his website so we can shop again. U

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy4ScrapsView Post
I just placed an order. Dave has the Tree dies available.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2016, 06:29 AM   #192  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Dave's dies

I didn't realize that he and SU met to discuss him selling dies that coordinates with SU stamps. But I am happy that we can get these dies from him. However, I find that it's addicting going to his site for dies because I want them all.
One think I don't like about buying dies by Davve is the shipping cost. I feel that is is over charging because there is no way that on die that weighs less that 1oz should cost $7.00. And if you purchase more than one die, the shipping is still $7.00
I do a lot of shipping so I know he is over charging for shipping.

Quote:

His prices seem to be in line with most other die suppliers. What sets him apart is that his dies coordinate with many SU stamp sets. I'm glad that SU and he have come to a meeting of the minds and not stopped him from selling the dies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2016, 06:43 AM   #193  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by queenbeaView Post
I didn't realize that he and SU met to discuss him selling dies that coordinates with SU stamps. But I am happy that we can get these dies from him. However, I find that it's addicting going to his site for dies because I want them all.
One think I don't like about buying dies by Davve is the shipping cost. I feel that is is over charging because there is no way that on die that weighs less that 1oz should cost $7.00. And if you purchase more than one die, the shipping is still $7.00
I do a lot of shipping so I know he is over charging for shipping.
I just bought the butterfly die. Shipping was $4.

He might include cost of shipping supplies in the postage cost.

If you have a problem with the shipping cost email Dave and question him.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2016, 07:47 AM   #194  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I just have his store in my bookmarks. I check it every once in a while just to see what's there, but if I'm wanting a particular die then I check it every morning -- and if it's there, I buy it instantly. Be patient and persistent, and don't hesitate when you see what you want!

I usually get a few shipping $$ refunded to my paypal once it's shipped.

I have prolly around 10 sets from him and I'm very happy with them. They cut so nice and the border around the image isn't huge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2016, 04:10 PM   #195  
Crimping Master

I finally got my first order today - just two dies of about 30 I want! This is a side business for him - not his primary job - and he just cannot be expected to keep up with the demand for his products. I'm sure he never envisioned how crazy stampers are! Until such a time as he wants to hire extra help, and chooses to make it a bigger business, we cannot expect or demand that from him. I agree with the poster who said he landed on a goldmine and it is helping SU more than it is hurting them at this point. They're starting to understand that dies are necessary to sell stamps, but they've been kind of slow to come on board. This new catalog is a big step forward.

I can�t be overdrawn. I still have some checks!!
www.corgitales.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2016, 04:13 PM   #196  
Crimping Master

Oh - one other comment. I was concerned that since you have to grab the dies when they are available, that I'd end up paying an awful lot in postage. But he refunded me $4 when he filled my order for postage - and I really appreciated that. He's definitely not trying to take advantage of anyone.

I can�t be overdrawn. I still have some checks!!
www.corgitales.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2016, 05:48 AM   #197  
Cardstock Collector

I just went to his website. It's closed again. I emailed him in the past and he gave me a password but, now I can't get the password box to open.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2016, 08:51 AM   #198  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Just keep checking... it'll be down for awhile, then up, then down, then up with only a couple items available, then down, etc etc.

If there's something specific I'm wanting I just make sure to check every day. Keep an eye out for new posts on this thread since sometimes people post when they got in and snagged a die they were waiting on. Remember it's just a side thing for him and a happy bonus for us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2016, 05:00 PM   #199  
Rubber Obsessor

I have a friend that wants to order some Dies by Dave and she sent him an email to order about two weeks and has not received any response. Is he still taking orders?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2016, 04:24 AM   #200  
Embossing Fanatic

I hope I didn't come across as ungreatful, because I'm not at all. I was just concerned about the shipping fees I'm being charged for every order I make. However, he did refund me $7 once when I placed large order and then a day or two later, I ordered one more die because it became available.
I have ready spend well over $300 in dies, not including $7 each order for shipping. The lasts order I placed was over $150 plus the $7 shipping. I received my order in a small flat rate box. He had his address on it so I checke all the orders I placed and weighed them with the envelop he mailed them in. I believe all my orders with the exception of the last one, was well under 3 oz. so I checked what the shipping would be from his address to mine and in every case, it was under $3. So now can you see my concern? I hope so.
Again, I'm not ungreatful, I just don't want to be over charged for shipping, that's all.

I am very happy that I found his site and I'm able to get dies to stamp sets that I really love, but I just don't want to pay more than I have to. That'll all.
Maybe I should be addressing this with him.
Thanks for all your input on this subject.
Reply With Quote Likes