Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-09-2017, 03:03 PM   #481  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How are you finding the dies on eBay? Not sure what to put in the search.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2017, 03:09 PM   #482  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,717 Likes on 650 Posts

Thanks Susy, that sounds like maybe what he is trying. I just bought the flower burst die cause I liked the look of it. Wonder if it was made in China? Have you tried the dies yet that you bought from China, and if so, did you think they were good quality?

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2017, 05:25 PM   #483  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hookedoncraftsView Post
How are you finding the dies on eBay? Not sure what to put in the search.
Put in the search bar:
Craft dies from China
There will be drop down suggestions. Chose the one that is says craft dies from China - Scrapbooking and paper crafts

There will be lots of hits. My only recommend is to stick to the sellers that that even 99% ratings and above. I have ordered from some with 98% rating and dies were nice and there was no problem, however, I know that "they" always say to be cautious with sellers who have ratings lower than 99%.
ALL of the dies I have received have cut well and are nice quality. I have had 2 transactions where a die was not in the shipment. I reported it to the sellers and received prompt refund on one and another die in the mail from the other.
The sellers are very courteous and want to have a satisfied customer because they need the high rating to get orders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2017, 05:31 PM   #484  
Gallery Gazer

Thanks for the information! Off to do some shopping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2017, 05:33 PM   #485  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19View Post
Thanks Susy, that sounds like maybe what he is trying. I just bought the flower burst die cause I liked the look of it. Wonder if it was made in China? Have you tried the dies yet that you bought from China, and if so, did you think they were good quality?

Shirl
I have purchased quite a few dies, lots of them being 5 pieced sets of shaped dies with stitching. They have been very nice quality and cut well without exception. Some of the dies with stitching cut so well that they stick in the die and need to have waxed paper or bakers tissue used between the die and paper in order to get the cut piece out of the die without tearing or stretching. I have had this same issue with some of the domestic dies I have purchased, so it is not a deal breaker for me.
i was nervous to do my first order and told myself if I didn't get any dies, it wasn't the end of the world (many of the dies I bought the first time were 99 cents or less than $2.). When they arrived after about a month of waiting, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the dies and have found that many of them have become favorites. They rank right up there with Gina Marie Design dies in my book. (And I LOVE my Gina Marie dies!😉)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2017, 06:18 PM   #486  
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Susy......off to check out Gina Marie Design dies, now, you enabler you, lol.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2017, 07:02 PM   #487  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Thanks Susy......off to check out Gina Marie Design dies, now, you enabler you, lol.

Shirl
So many of her die sets are favorites (use her rectangular stitched die on 80%of my cards, either on the outside or the inside. Also am partial to her oval stitched die set.
I just received an order last week that had her loon die. It is one of those dies that doesn't have an outside cutting line, it only cuts the Inside figure so you can pair it with another die (i.e. stitched rectangle, oval, banner die, etc) and the image of the loon in the marsh on the water is inside the space of the other die cut shape. Totally amazing and will be one that I will use CAS masculine style cards.
Have fun shopping at Gina Marie's store.
PS be sure and check out her embellishments. She has her own line of rhinestones and pearls and they are wonderful. They come in a sheet of 300 pieces that are individually set (no nasty adhesive between the bling). My favorite is one called rainbow crystal rhinestones. They are slightly iridescent without being vulgarly so. They go with well with just about any color and catch the light nicely. Also like honey yellow rhinestones which are a very light, elegant gold tone yellow. Her pearls are nice, too. White, Sunshine yellow, spring green and soft pink are all lovely in the pearls. And the price is nice on them, too, so it's easy to get carried away when ordering!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2017, 07:11 PM   #488  
Proud Fan Club Member

I am having trouble googling that name to get to a store. Can you help with providing a link if possible?

Thanks
Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2017, 08:31 PM   #489  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

I am having trouble googling that name to get to a store. Can you help with providing a link if possible?

Thanks
Shirl
Same here (please and thank you)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2017, 02:58 AM   #490  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

*** GINA MARIE DESIGNS *** | Scrapbook Outlet

This should work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2017, 05:33 AM   #491  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by whim6915View Post
It does ... thanks so much from the bottom of my heart (and soon to be empty wallet )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2017, 03:06 PM   #492  
Insane Embellisher

Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi--Another question about Dies by Dave. Is there a die available for the pheasant in Autumn Days? I use that set a lot and would love love love a die for the pheasant. Thank you.Ann
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2017, 06:48 PM   #493  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by whim6915View Post

Thanks Christine, for providing that link to Gina Marie. I just read her story. Very cool.....I think I might have heard of Gina Marie before, but had not checked it out until now......Those are very good prices on her dies I think. So, even with exchange it will not be too bad. (I am in Canada, but do have a U.S. postal box)

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2017, 02:53 AM   #494  
Matboard Maniac

I just have to chime in I am a huge lover of su have several 100 sets. I just recently came across Brother scan and cut diecut machine. The feature I most fell in love with
is that you can stamp your stamps on paper scan it into the machine and the machine cuts them out for you. Thus eliminating the need for matching thinlets dies. I did a mental add up in how much money I have spent on thinlets and various other dies and knew this machine would be a win win. I have had it three weeks now and wonder how I EVER got along without it. I also like being able to weld (merge) objects together to make shaped cards, personalized cards with the recepients name on them, (they have been a hug success with friends and relatives).You can also download files and the SNC has a cloud based CANVAS program. A wifi card is available too if you want to work wireless. It has been a total game changer for me. I have cricut and many many cartridges which I love and would never get rid of, but the Scan and Cut SNC has eliminated the need for fussy cutting and you can set the margin so you have a white margin around your stamped image just like you do with thinlets dies. Just wanted to share FYI no affiliation what so ever. Just a happy cardmaker/scrapbooker !!!

Last edited by diecuts4u; 04-13-2017 at 02:56 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2017, 05:34 AM   #495  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by diecuts4uView Post
I just have to chime in I am a huge lover of su have several 100 sets. I just recently came across Brother scan and cut diecut machine. The feature I most fell in love with
is that you can stamp your stamps on paper scan it into the machine and the machine cuts them out for you. Thus eliminating the need for matching thinlets dies. I did a mental add up in how much money I have spent on thinlets and various other dies and knew this machine would be a win win. I have had it three weeks now and wonder how I EVER got along without it. I also like being able to weld (merge) objects together to make shaped cards, personalized cards with the recepients name on them, (they have been a hug success with friends and relatives).You can also download files and the SNC has a cloud based CANVAS program. A wifi card is available too if you want to work wireless. It has been a total game changer for me. I have cricut and many many cartridges which I love and would never get rid of, but the Scan and Cut SNC has eliminated the need for fussy cutting and you can set the margin so you have a white margin around your stamped image just like you do with thinlets dies. Just wanted to share FYI no affiliation what so ever. Just a happy cardmaker/scrapbooker !!!

Oh, my! You are not helping! I have been talking myself out of this machine for two years, now! And I don't even want to think about what I have spent on dies. My thoughts have always been about the size and storage. You have definitely given me something to think about, cuz there are a couple of new SU sets I love coming out, but no thinlits. AND my birthday is coming up next month! Lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2017, 05:57 AM   #496  
Insane Embellisher

Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts

Is it very difficult to learn how to use the scan n cut?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2017, 05:15 PM   #497  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: My personal view of Diamond Head (from my backyard)
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Other than the blades are there any other mats, etc that have to be replaced on a routine basis?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2017, 05:57 PM   #498  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,316 Likes on 2,500 Posts

On a side note--have any of you seen the prices for Dies by Dave on Ebay? Some sets are for a ridiculous amount. Lovely as a tree, with stamp set, is starting at $79, buy it now of $116! Hey Chicks is $65, Duck Goose is $40! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2017, 06:12 PM   #499  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
On a side note--have any of you seen the prices for Dies by Dave on Ebay? Some sets are for a ridiculous amount. Lovely as a tree, with stamp set, is starting at $79, buy it now of $116! Hey Chicks is $65, Duck Goose is $40! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I have been following the prices on EBay since it was announced here that Dave was "shut down" on the dies he made that went with SU stamps. What has become apparent in the the last 2 weeks is that the dies or stamp/die combos that were listed with insanely high buy-it-now prices and equally insane minimum bid starting amounts have remained unpurchased, and as near as I can tell none (or almost none) even bid upon.

The Dave items that have sold well on eBay are the ones that started out with open bidding, no starting minimum bid. The only reason I know this is because I participated in a few of these, and put others on my watch list. The final prices for most of these was within reason - by that, I mean the final price was not that much higher than the original price of the SU stamp + SU shipping (if a stamp set was part of the bid) added in to the original price of the die from Dave + shipping.

No doubt these dies will become much more sought after as time goes by, and as stamper become aware that they are a scarce commodity.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2017, 02:36 PM   #500  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Where did you find this Brother Scan?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2017, 07:22 AM   #501  
Kookie Creator

Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

FYI-if you missed out on the Star Blast edgelit from the 2017 Occasions catalogue, Dave has the edgelit ( largest die from the set) on his site.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2017, 08:14 AM   #502  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketdivaView Post
FYI-if you missed out on the Star Blast edgelit from the 2017 Occasions catalogue, Dave has the edgelit ( largest die from the set) on his site.
This die is also available through China vendors on EBay, for under $3 as I recall. I don't have a link, unfortunately.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2017, 09:46 AM   #503  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is, in fact, available on EBay for around 3.00. As are many other duplicates of SU dies, as well as other very well known companies - Memory box is one. What I don't understand is why Dave got into trouble for CREATING dies that SU had never made for certain stamp sets. I never understood SU problem with Dave for doing this. They couldn't be bothered making these dies. BUT, the companies in China are making MANY exact copies of SU dies and it doesn't seem to be a problem with SU. And they are selling these dies for very little money. So, should we be loyal to SU or to our wallets?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2017, 10:23 AM   #504  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by mheartmView Post
It is, in fact, available on EBay for around 3.00. As are many other duplicates of SU dies, as well as other very well known companies - Memory box is one. What I don't understand is why Dave got into trouble for CREATING dies that SU had never made for certain stamp sets. I never understood SU problem with Dave for doing this. They couldn't be bothered making these dies. BUT, the companies in China are making MANY exact copies of SU dies and it doesn't seem to be a problem with SU. And they are selling these dies for very little money. So, should we be loyal to SU or to our wallets?
Wallet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2017, 12:03 PM   #505  
Matboard Maniac

ABSOLUTELY!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2017, 02:54 AM   #506  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Die costs

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossView Post
Wallet!

I agree. If someone would post the website for the Asian sites I would shop from them. I'm furious with SU for what they are doing to Dave and if I didn't have so much invested in their products already, I would drop them like a rock. And yes, I go with my wallet. If I can get dies for sets SU is or isn't making, I would shop them in an instant.

I can't stress this enough. Let SU know how you feel. I'm sure they are hoping the anger will die down and Dave will be forgotten. Be relentless. LET THEM KNOW!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2017, 03:07 AM   #507  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarilynDillonView Post
Where did you find this Brother Scan?
Which version of the SNC do you have?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2017, 03:36 AM   #508  
Matboard Maniac

I hope it is OK to post this here and not break any rules. I use "DIES FROM CHINA "to access those dies. There are a lot of them. If I am looking for a certain item I'll put in Dies From China - Christmas, or -Halloween or whatever I am searching for. It does take a LONG time to receive your order so if the die is something you need right away you would be better off ordering from somewhere else. It can take several weeks to a month to receive your order. I have ordered a lot of dies from this site and have never had a problem. The price is worth the wait.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2017, 04:10 AM   #509  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

I hope it is OK to post this here and not break any rules. I use "DIES FROM CHINA "to access those dies. There are a lot of them. If I am looking for a certain item I'll put in Dies From China - Christmas, or -Halloween or whatever I am searching for. It does take a LONG time to receive your order so if the die is something you need right away you would be better off ordering from somewhere else. It can take several weeks to a month to receive your order. I have ordered a lot of dies from this site and have never had a problem. The price is worth the wait.
Thank you, I'll give them a look.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2017, 01:00 PM   #510  
Inking Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you so much for the info on the China dies. I have gone and ebay and there are so many at a great price. Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2017, 07:45 PM   #511  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

SU probably does have a problem with it, but there are no copyright/trademark laws in China so it's not so easy to do anything about it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2017, 03:39 AM   #512  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

Kind of like the Kate Spade or Michael Kors knockoff purses that come from China.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2017, 06:24 AM   #513  
Inking Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love Dave's Dies as well and I have let SU know how I feel. Unfortunately I got no response.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2017, 03:24 PM   #514  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Dies by china

I don't see any SU dies from china. Just dies that I don't recognize.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2017, 04:04 PM   #515  
Matboard Maniac

The ones I recognized were star burst and the one from the new holiday catalogue "quilt". There are many others but I can't remember them right now. I probably won't know the SU names. There are some very nice Christmas dies right now. Not SU but very nice. Also some Halloween.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2017, 10:06 PM   #516  
Cardstock Collector

How do u email Dave what's his address
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2017, 04:03 AM   #517  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoublemindtView Post
How do u email Dave what's his address
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2024, 08:33 AM   #518  
Cardstock Collector

Default What SU stamp sets does Dies by Dave make dies for?

Is he still in business???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2024, 08:57 AM   #519  
Glitter Queen

Default He is now selling his dies at t*** and

It looks like he’s making some for stamp sets
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2024, 06:16 PM   #520  
Cardstock Collector

Where?
Reply With Quote Likes