Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-20-2014, 07:24 AM   #41  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
I started earlier than usual this year, but next year I want to FINISH earlier. I also plan to reduce the bulk (brads, rhinestones, bows). I had less this year, but I don't think I'll use any next year. I'll stick to enamel dots and Liquid Pearls.
Liquid Pearls! That's it! I get tired of gluing on all those gems. And I think my recipients would be aghast if I didn't put a tree on my card, like I have been doing for the past 8 years.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2014, 11:47 AM   #42  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,717 Likes on 650 Posts

First of all: thanks for starting this thread. Reasons why I did not make my Christmas cards this year have all been pretty much echoed by some on here. I was not in the mood to make Christmas cards in the summer, couldn't settle on what I wanted to make when it was fall. Plus had a lot of fall and winter birthday cards to make. Went to Maui Nov. 20th to Dec. 4th (I know, oh boo hoo, lol.).....So I bought my cards this year. Trying not to feel guilty, as it was going to stress me out making them this year, and I did not need that. I was actually happy to buy them. I love Christmas card sending whether it be bought or hand made.

Merry Christmas to all of you fabulous card making people who visit and help on this site.,
Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2014, 03:43 PM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I HOPE to watercolor some cards this year and to start earlier. I started in September but that wasn't early enough!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2014, 04:32 PM   #44  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Proud Fan Club Member

Received 141 Likes on 93 Posts

I am having a little giggle. Canadian postage is minimum .85cents - that covers mailing a CAS A2 card. But if the card is 5.5sq, even though still CAS it is $1.20, because it is considered oversized. So many of my cards are layers, so I just figure it at $1.20 postage per card - then for those going to UK - well, I need not say more! I suppose we are lucky we still have Canada Post.
I made the mistake of not finishing cards once, never again. I finish the same day, photograph outside and inside and log the photo in a separate directory by recipients name, then year, then month and explanation - i.e. birthday, spring, easter - whatever it is for. Often I do not remember from year to year, all I have to do is open that directory, and for the unknown I have a pending folder - I move it when it is assigned a name - lol.

Kia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2014, 07:25 PM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP I feel your pain with extra postage! When the mail clerk pulls out her cardboard with a cut out slot and waves it in my face trying to shove my handmade card through it saying..."it doesn't fit! It doesn't fit....it needs more postage....21 cent stamp!" What I don't understand is will it fit through their machine? Will their machine tear up my envelope/card? Shouldn't they stamp Fragile on my envelope? My card was not over weight for my "Forever Stamp" it was that cardboard with a cut out slot was the problem. They couldn't answer me, does anyone know? What is up with this cardboard with a cut out slot?!

I had already mailed out a few cards with one "Forever Stamp" and all arrived to their destination except for one of my cards got sent back with no marks or saying why it was returned...guess they didn't have a stamp for "it doesn't fit! It doesn't fit....it needs more postage....21 cent stamp!" Good Grief!

Next year I'm hoping to have no layers...not sure I can even make a no layer card and just the thought has made me break out in a cold sweat, Woof! I love my foam squares...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2014, 08:04 PM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by In my closet StampinView Post
OP I feel your pain with extra postage! When the mail clerk pulls out her cardboard with a cut out slot and waves it in my face trying to shove my handmade card through it saying..."it doesn't fit! It doesn't fit....it needs more postage....21 cent stamp!" What I don't understand is will it fit through their machine? Will their machine tear up my envelope/card? Shouldn't they stamp Fragile on my envelope? My card was not over weight for my "Forever Stamp" it was that cardboard with a cut out slot was the problem. They couldn't answer me, does anyone know? What is up with this cardboard with a cut out slot?!

I had already mailed out a few cards with one "Forever Stamp" and all arrived to their destination except for one of my cards got sent back with no marks or saying why it was returned...guess they didn't have a stamp for "it doesn't fit! It doesn't fit....it needs more postage....21 cent stamp!" Good Grief!

Next year I'm hoping to have no layers...not sure I can even make a no layer card and just the thought has made me break out in a cold sweat, Woof! I love my foam squares...
As far as I know, IF card does not fit through card board template and extra postage is require, the card does not go through the machine.

That is what the template is for, if card is too thick, it is considered non-machinable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2014, 08:21 PM   #47  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerView Post
As far as I know, IF card does not fit through card board template and extra postage is require, the card does not go through the machine.

That is what the template is for, if card is too thick, it is considered non-machinable.
That makes sense "non-machinable" but why didn't she stamp it "Fragile/hand delivery only" so, it wouldn't go through the machine and tear up my envelope/card. She stuck the 21 cent stamp on it and chucked it in with the rest of the mail. Thanks for your help...

just found a youtube video about postage that had this link in it...USPS - Mail Characteristics - Sizes for Letters

Last edited by In my closet Stampin; 12-20-2014 at 08:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2014, 07:00 AM   #48  
Compulsive Stamper

Since this is my first year in creating cards, I did not even think to tackle my Christmas cards being handmade. I usually send out about 60 and I always include a picture of me and my husband since most of these cards go to family and close friends. So, it looks like I need to start the year out by making about 6-8 cards each month so that I can get them sent out by Dec. 1st and change the size of photo to the 3x5 instead of the 4x6 (or I guess I could cut them down). Anyway, you ladies have certainly given me something to think about for 2015. What is the Christmas Card Exchange?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2014, 07:09 AM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhondaTXView Post
Since this is my first year in creating cards, I did not even think to tackle my Christmas cards being handmade. I usually send out about 60 and I always include a picture of me and my husband since most of these cards go to family and close friends. So, it looks like I need to start the year out by making about 6-8 cards each month so that I can get them sent out by Dec. 1st and change the size of photo to the 3x5 instead of the 4x6 (or I guess I could cut them down). Anyway, you ladies have certainly given me something to think about for 2015. What is the Christmas Card Exchange?
You can make your cards any size. If you want some nice card bases watercolor card bases are readily available. I can vouch for these being lovely. Strathmore Watercolor Cards - BLICK art materials They come with the envelope and there is no "waste" as they are already cut to card size, just fold. These would accommodate you picture.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2014, 07:19 AM   #50  
Die Cut Diva

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi everyone, and thanks for all your good wishes. Only just got back on my pc today- main reason being sitting down has been uncomfortable, lol. I think its because I had so many muscle cramps the first week, my butt feels like I've been sat on a bag of rocks for a week! Finally got a handle on that though (and a comfy memory foam pillow for sitting on).Either that, or the sciatica its caused has eclipsed the aching butt, rofl!
Like almost everyone else, despite all my good intentions every year, I really cannot start to feel festive enough to do Christmas cards before about October at the earliest. And that is pushing it, its usually mid November. I do so envy those who can start in January, doing a few a month. I know its a great idea, I know it would make my life so much easier, I also know it ain't never going to happen here!:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2014, 07:31 AM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazsilverwolfView Post
Hi everyone, and thanks for all your good wishes. Only just got back on my pc today- main reason being sitting down has been uncomfortable, lol. I think its because I had so many muscle cramps the first week, my butt feels like I've been sat on a bag of rocks for a week! Finally got a handle on that though (and a comfy memory foam pillow for sitting on).Either that, or the sciatica its caused has eclipsed the aching butt, rofl!
Like almost everyone else, despite all my good intentions every year, I really cannot start to feel festive enough to do Christmas cards before about October at the earliest. And that is pushing it, its usually mid November. I do so envy those who can start in January, doing a few a month. I know its a great idea, I know it would make my life so much easier, I also know it ain't never going to happen here!:rolleyes:
That is one of the reasons I am thinking about doing mine in January. Because I don't put my decorations up too early I am still in the spirit when I have to take everything down. Maybe 2015 will be the year I finish my Christmas cards in January (especially as I already have a couple of ideas kicking around).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2014, 09:00 AM   #52  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts

When it comes to postage, I'll put extra on some of my bulkier cards. If a card has a larger embellishment, I write "Please hand cancel" on the front and back. I usually just add a post card stamp, because it is easy to do. I mail my cards from home throughout the year because I don't drive. If I have a large batch, like Christmas cards, my husband takes them, but just places them in the outside box. I never take cards inside the PO. Ours is so inconsistent when it comes to postage/extra stamps/size etc. I have never had an issue with my cards arriving at their destination when I do it on my own.

I realize the USPS is struggling to stay afloat. But I wish they'd realize how much card makers like us are helping them out. :rolleyes:
Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2014, 08:35 AM   #53  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 247 Likes on 133 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJP111View Post
I always say (to myself!) that I am going to participate in the Christmas Card Challenge and commit to making a certain number each month. Then I don't follow through. :(

My problem is that I see so many different cards that I want to CASE that I cannot decide on one single design for everyone. So I end up with a stash of different cards & I don't remember who got which card. I am not dedicated enough at home to maintain a spreadsheet with that info.

What would I *like* to do different next year? Decide early on a design and make enough of them for the people that I mail cards to. That way, as it gets closer to Christmas and I start seeing all those fabulous cards that I want to CASE, I can do so at my leisure for my family members.
When I scan my cards or take pictures of the bulkier ones for my gallery, I notate on them the year and who got them. Since they are all different, I can't always remember who got what, so when they comment, or ask how something was done, I can quickly check.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2014, 08:48 AM   #54  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

That makes sense "non-machinable" but why didn't she stamp it "Fragile/hand delivery only" so, it wouldn't go through the machine and tear up my envelope/card. She stuck the 21 cent stamp on it and chucked it in with the rest of the mail. Thanks for your help...

just found a youtube video about postage that had this link in it...USPS - Mail Characteristics - Sizes for Letters
At our post office, we have to sign that there is nothing fragile, breakable, perishable etc. in our cards. If there is, I just tell her, yes, this can't be bent or folded. The machine is not only limited in the thickness of what it can accept, but it also must bend around a drum. You can do this ahead of time yourself and write "do not bend" or "hand cancel" on both side of the envelope.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2014, 12:04 PM   #55  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
That is one of the reasons I am thinking about doing mine in January. Because I don't put my decorations up too early I am still in the spirit when I have to take everything down. Maybe 2015 will be the year I finish my Christmas cards in January (especially as I already have a couple of ideas kicking around).

Good luck with that River....will check back with you in December 2015....lol ....and you can join us again ...love you really xxx
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2014, 01:01 PM   #56  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I''ve procrastinated in the little "off" time I've had so I guess what I would change about 2015's cards is to get them mailed in 2015 (the same year as any 2014 cards )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2014, 04:45 PM   #57  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jukieView Post
Good luck with that River....will check back with you in December 2015....lol ....and you can join us again ...love you really xxx
Well you have known me longer than most here! LMBO! x And since I put that I now have to help the eldest move to his Co-op in early January. 10 hr drive to current flat, 6 to new place, and 12 hr home. Fun times!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2014, 06:51 PM   #58  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 76 Likes on 26 Posts

Quote:

I suspect their intentions are good, however, mine bark questions and wave things I front of me as well. And then I still am asked to put 70 cents on it. 😁. What is funny though, is when I just do what I think in terms of postage, I never get one back, and they arrive in one piece. Note to self: Don't take to the window and don't ask questions! Lol😉😉😉
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2014, 07:46 PM   #59  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

[QUOTE=In my closet Stampin;20845360] What I don't understand is will it fit through their machine? Will their machine tear up my envelope/card? Shouldn't they stamp Fragile on my envelope? My card was not over weight for my "Forever Stamp" it was that cardboard with a cut out slot was the problem. They couldn't answer me, does anyone know? What is up with this cardboard with a cut out slot?!

.....That cut out slot MUST be 1/4 inch because that's the thickness limit for Forever postage. If your cards are thicker, just plan on adding the extra postage. One more reason why I don't go to the post office to mail cards. I just size them up for myself and add extra if they are too thick...like when I mail 3 cards in one big envelope to 3 grandsons in one house. I have heard that some stampers create their own board with 1/4 inch slot to test their envelopes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2014, 08:03 PM   #60  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by harvestmoonView Post
.....That cut out slot MUST be 1/4 inch because that's the thickness limit for Forever postage. If your cards are thicker, just plan on adding the extra postage. One more reason why I don't go to the post office to mail cards. I just size them up for myself and add extra if they are too thick...like when I mail 3 cards in one big envelope to 3 grandsons in one house. I have heard that some stampers create their own board with 1/4 inch slot to test their envelopes!
I think if you have a Fiskars trimmer with the slide blades that gap is 1/4 in. I know I still have one in my stash somewhere.

I must be lucky I seem to have a great post office. The only issue I have had is when I used address labels and we got more cards back that year (from overseas) than any other as I think they just were too lazy to deliver them and assumed they were business mail.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2014, 09:13 PM   #61  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks everyone for the insight on the cardboard slot mystery and ways to solve the problem. Sorry, OPer for slightly high jacking your thread with my rant, eek! I have learned a lot and not afraid of the mail clerk anymore....well, until she yells at me again. lol

I still want to try and make a no layer card for next year. I've got a few cards saved in my Favorites from other SCSers and will be working out a design soon! Also, like this post by hotwheels in General Stamping and might try this for next year cards. Link: HERE! Already found some turquoise napkins with white snow flakes from the Dollar Tree to use. Tuesday Mornings has Holiday napkins on sale!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2014, 10:05 PM   #62  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Thanks everyone for the insight on the cardboard slot mystery and ways to solve the problem. Sorry, OPer for slightly high jacking your thread with my rant, eek! I have learned a lot and not afraid of the mail clerk anymore....well, until she yells at me again. lol

I still want to try and make a no layer card for next year. I've got a few cards saved in my Favorites from other SCSers and will be working out a design soon! Also, like this post by hotwheels in General Stamping and might try this for next year cards. Link: HERE! Already found some turquoise napkins with white snow flakes from the Dollar Tree to use. Tuesday Mornings has Holiday napkins on sale!
Mine were single layer this year and it took me just as long to make because of all the techniques. I think each card individually probably would have taken around 30 minutes to make (I do assembly line but timed each stage). I have to be honest, I'm kind of hoping people think I bought them and then realize I made them and wonder how!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2014, 05:26 AM   #63  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
I think if you have a Fiskars trimmer with the slide blades that gap is 1/4 in. I know I still have one in my stash somewhere.
This is great to know! I use the purple Fiskars trimmer all the time, since it's my favorite. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2014, 07:05 AM   #64  
Pearl-ExPert

The Postmistress at our old P.O. gave me the guide they use for my very own! It also has markings to show you which cards are regular mail and not. I love having exactly what they use, as it is sturdy and works well. Worth a try to ask for one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2014, 07:47 AM   #65  
Stampin' Fool

Start creating earlier!
Karen S
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2014, 02:35 PM   #66  
Matboard Maniac

I am going to not give in to temptation and buy cute cards at Costco anymore. Last year I bought adorable Scottie dog cards because I could not put down the box and finally hubby took it out of my hand and into the cart. Then time got away and cards were never sent out. Made our cards back in April at a weekend retreat but felt compelled to use the cute doggie ones. Took extra postage, luckily there were only 30 and I had stamps from last year that weren't used. There were adorable but I won't do that again.

Bonus, now I have cards made for 2015, plus a bunch I started and didn't finish. I may get 2016 done this year too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2014, 02:37 PM   #67  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanne3579View Post
The Postmistress at our old P.O. gave me the guide they use for my very own! It also has markings to show you which cards are regular mail and not. I love having exactly what they use, as it is sturdy and works well. Worth a try to ask for one!
I'm jealous! I asked our postman at work who is awesome and he said they have ONE for the entire PO, he couldn't even get one for his truck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2014, 10:29 AM   #68  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxiesmomView Post
I'm jealous! I asked our postman at work who is awesome and he said they have ONE for the entire PO, he couldn't even get one for his truck.
Oh dear. Could they order you one? They must have a source for them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2014, 12:35 PM   #69  
Rubber Obsessor

I won't do spreadsheet either LOL What I do...is take a quick photo put the persons name for the file name and keep it short and simple.

This year should really be a breeze now that I have a smart phone! LOL I can take the pic and type the name all at once and when all done I will just upload to my computer and just keep adding a pic to the file for that person/family. For me it works b/c it is sooo quick and I can actually see what I sent. I do this with my embroidery designs as well

[QUOTE=RJP111;20842562]

My problem is that I see so many different cards that I want to CASE that I cannot decide on one single design for everyone. So I end up with a stash of different cards & I don't remember who got which card. I am not dedicated enough at home to maintain a spreadsheet with that info.QUOTE]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2014, 01:48 PM   #70  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Oh dear. Could they order you one? They must have a source for them.
Last paragraph at the bottom tells you where to get the templates

http://http://pe.usps.com/mpdesign/mpdfr_addl_all.asp

Y'all will laugh, but this is the first year I've given handmade cards! I used to think they were a waste of time. :rolleyes: Please don't flog me! :lol: 2014 was a rough year for me, and I somehow turned to cardmaking as a creative outlet. It happened after I made my mom's wedding favors in October, when I pulled out a bunch of stamping supplies left behind by my sister when she moved away a few years ago.

Anyhow, back to the OP... I only gave cards to my immediate family and in-laws. Each one was different. Next year I'll do the same, but I will also make a set of identical cards to send to extended family and friends.

My blog: Organized Craft Chaos | My Etsy supplies shop
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2014, 05:01 PM   #71  
Hardware Hotshot

Next year, when my stamps are already inky after crafting cards, I will take the time to make some gift tags at the same time. This way, I will not have to scramble to make gift tags on Christmas Eve....like I did this year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2014, 09:18 PM   #72  
Crimping Master

Start earlier... not just with making the cards themselves, but with the list of who gets one and the organizing of that. I love making the cards; it's the being on top of things to get them mailed out that is the issue.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2014, 08:32 AM   #73  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollyfanView Post
Start earlier... not just with making the cards themselves, but with the list of who gets one and the organizing of that. I love making the cards; it's the being on top of things to get them mailed out that is the issue.
Here's what I do to help me with that. When the card is done, I put it with an envelope with the recipient's name (haven't gotten to the point where I address the envelope at the same time yet), and write, where the stamp will be, the birthday, followed by a slash and then the date it needs to be sent out. I confer with a calendar when doing this to take into account weekends and holidays and also calculate the distance from where I am (or where I will be). Then I put them in a basket in order that they need to be sent out. When it is mailed, I scratch it off my little list I checked off as the card was made. That way I am sure it was sent. So far it has been a life saver, as I almost always work a month ahead. Right now I am nearly halfway through the February birthdays I need to send out (there are 15 since we lost a dear cousin a few years ago), and only have 2 Valentine's done. We will be gone a week in early January and the first two weeks in February. Yikes! I really need to get a move on!!! HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2014, 09:03 AM   #74  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Quote:

Here's what I do to help me with that. When the card is done, I put it with an envelope with the recipient's name (haven't gotten to the point where I address the envelope at the same time yet), and write, where the stamp will be, the birthday, followed by a slash and then the date it needs to be sent out. I confer with a calendar when doing this to take into account weekends and holidays and also calculate the distance from where I am (or where I will be). Then I put them in a basket in order that they need to be sent out. When it is mailed, I scratch it off my little list I checked off as the card was made. That way I am sure it was sent. So far it has been a life saver, as I almost always work a month ahead. Right now I am nearly halfway through the February birthdays I need to send out (there are 15 since we lost a dear cousin a few years ago), and only have 2 Valentine's done. We will be gone a week in early January and the first two weeks in February. Yikes! I really need to get a move on!!! HTH!
Boy, you sure are organized!

I am in the category of "Wing It". I "Wing" Everything.

If it is not done today, it will be done "sometime" next week:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2014, 09:05 AM   #75  
Stazon Splitcoast

Now since it is after Christmas baking and cooking, I really need to clean the outsides of my kitchen cabnets.

Been "Winging" this since November;)

Can someone send me some MOJO to do this!lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2014, 09:09 AM   #76  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryroseView Post
Next year, when my stamps are already inky after crafting cards, I will take the time to make some gift tags at the same time. This way, I will not have to scramble to make gift tags on Christmas Eve....like I did this year!
I did this! It works out real good. Make some cards, make some tags, make some cards, make some tags.

First time I ever made tags.

"When" I clean up this years mess on my stamp table, I should just start for next years Christmas.

How many days till next Christmas??? 360ish days???

OMG I Don't Have Enough TIME!!!!:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2014, 12:24 PM   #77  
Stampin' Fool

Don't really think I'll change anything. I make 2-3 different ones and and usually finished by Thanksgiving.

I've already been inspired to start next years cards. Already own the supplies. No fussing, CAS. Here's a link to the card if interested.

Tall Pines & Snow by jasonw1 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2014, 12:36 PM   #78  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by harvestmoonView Post
I have heard that some stampers create their own board with 1/4 inch slot to test their envelopes!
My post office gave me one of their cardboard things when I asked. I can just check my cards myself.

Sorry, didn't read all the way through before posting.

Last edited by DianneB1030; 12-30-2014 at 12:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2014, 12:40 PM   #79  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,717 Likes on 650 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazysuziestamperView Post
Don't really think I'll change anything. I make 2-3 different ones and and usually finished by Thanksgiving.

I've already been inspired to start next years cards. Already own the supplies. No fussing, CAS. Here's a link to the card if interested.

Tall Pines & Snow by jasonw1 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Your card is lovely.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2014, 12:47 PM   #80  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19View Post
Your card is lovely.

Shirl
Shirl, The link isn't to "my" card. it's the card that has inspired me to start next years cards. The card was done by Jasow1. Sorry I didn't make that clear in my post.
Reply With Quote Likes